CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
McGee seems to be suggesting that the sheriff's cars agreed to leave before the jury bus had turned around to drive back past, I think. Probably so they couldn't get an impression of whether Merritt's truck would be seen from the road.

Good morning everyone!

As usual I have some more questions. I'm sure no one is surprised! LOL!

First, in the closed thread we were discussing DKs ex girlfriend's possible testimony leaving me with questions.

Question 1. Does anyone know when DK supposedly confessed if it was a face to face conversation or by some other method?

Question 2. If it was by another method other than face to face did she say she recorded the entire conversation between them?

Question 3 & 4. How long had it been since the relationship ended, and when she notified the defense?

Question 5 & 6. Had their relationship already ended at the time she said he confessed, and, if so, how long had it been over?

Question 7. Are the memorials put up at the McStay gravesites still there?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may answer my questions. I'm just trying to get a better understanding about DKs ex.

I'm guessing you have read this already but since it's a new thread, going to jump off of your post to post it again :)

I don't know the answers to your questions, the only thing I can gather from what we "know" is that it was very recent, 2 weeks previous, that he "confessed", and afterwards, he started threatening her and she was afraid of him. I thought it was said that they were childhood friends, but I am not sure, could have even been high school friends. If I can find that video again I will post it, I'm sure Maline had more details than what I copied from the overhead.

From Defense OS (was on overhead screen):

Tracey Riccobene

October 26, 2018 went to investigators and defense to give statement.
Dan confessed to her that he murdered the family
Detailed statement
Held one of the boys at knife point to get the family out of the home

DK raped Summer
Wanted revenge against Joseph McStay for cheating him
DK buried the sledgehammer in graves
Was not in Hawaii - DK lied and provided false alibi
DK came back to the house and pretended he was Joseph

Known DK for years - Best Friend
Like a brother to me
Share music in common
Says DK is a genius manipulative mastermind
Full confession 2 weeks ago but had been hinting at it for a longer period of time
She told him to come forward - he refused.

After Riccobene told DK to come forward
He has been threatening her
She is terrified of him
He has no empathy toward other people
She feels it is her duty to come forward even though DK will harm her
Requests witness protection

You all are going to have to give more detail on what's going on - what was the Judge's question??

TIA! :)
Judge was questioning Smith about anonymous tips, theories, etc. and asked if he had contacted what sound like CVS to help find out the source...(probably not the right initials, hard to hear) and defense objected. CM could very well have called in bogus tips.

Ok... so who testified this morning? lol I got home about 20 minutes ago, I'm assuming that is Carmen on the stand now, but who was before her? I thought it was supposed to be computer dude?

Going to see if I can rewind and watch a bit now that it's dumb 1 1/2 hour lunch time LOL

Q-Pros, At some point was there an issue between Dave (MSM) and JM, regarding the fountains and payment issues?

A-Witness, I do know that Dave had issues with Joseph, because Joseph wasn’t being forthcoming as to how much he was charging for the fountains and Dave was suppose to be getting a percentage of that. But, he couldn’t calculate the percentage, because he didn’t know how much the item was being sold for.

Amazing, the prosecution puts a witness on the stand that testifies JM wasn’t being forthcoming.

Q-Pros, At some point was there an issue between Dave (MSM) and JM, regarding the fountains and payment issues?

A-Witness, I do know that Dave had issues with Joseph, because Joseph wasn’t being forthcoming as to how much he was charging for the fountains and Dave was suppose to be getting a percentage of that. But, he couldn’t calculate the percentage, because he didn’t know how much the item was being sold for.

Amazing, the prosecution puts a witness on the stand that testifies JM wasn’t being forthcoming.
Better to air all the dirty laundry or they'll only get caught out by the defense later and look like they're hiding it.

I'm guessing you have read this already but since it's a new thread, going to jump off of your post to post it again :)

I don't know the answers to your questions, the only thing I can gather from what we "know" is that it was very recent, 2 weeks previous, that he "confessed", and afterwards, he started threatening her and she was afraid of him. I thought it was said that they were childhood friends, but I am not sure, could have even been high school friends. If I can find that video again I will post it, I'm sure Maline had more details than what I copied from the overhead.

From Defense OS (was on overhead screen):

Tracey Riccobene

October 26, 2018 went to investigators and defense to give statement.
Dan confessed to her that he murdered the family
Detailed statement
Held one of the boys at knife point to get the family out of the home

DK raped Summer
Wanted revenge against Joseph McStay for cheating him
DK buried the sledgehammer in graves
Was not in Hawaii - DK lied and provided false alibi
DK came back to the house and pretended he was Joseph

Known DK for years - Best Friend
Like a brother to me
Share music in common
Says DK is a genius manipulative mastermind
Full confession 2 weeks ago but had been hinting at it for a longer period of time
She told him to come forward - he refused.

After Riccobene told DK to come forward
He has been threatening her
She is terrified of him
He has no empathy toward other people
She feels it is her duty to come forward even though DK will harm her
Requests witness protection

"Genius manipulative mastermind". I chuckle every time I hear/see it. He certainly doesn't come off that way in his interviews. That must be the manipulative part.

BBM. This isn't new information to the jury though as Sequieda already testified to such.

Right! That's what happened with Sequieda's testimony too, it came out then, actually I think he even said that Sequieda Sr. called Joey a crook.

McGee seems to be suggesting that the sheriff's cars agreed to leave before the jury bus had turned around to drive back past, I think. Probably so they couldn't get an impression of whether Merritt's truck would be seen from the road.
The defense's constant innuendos that detectives and prosecution are hiding things or avoiding possible evidence is nerve grating. Mcgee's questions are so mundane. Smith's body language was like one eye roll after another. The jury must have daggers for eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar