CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page of cheques paid to Metro before Feb 1st 2010, attempting to show that Joey always capitalized names , but Carmen didn't notice whether he did or not. I think this is going to be another drawn out testimony hampered by memory problems.

page of cheques joey to msm.png

Right! That's what happened with Sequieda's testimony too, it came out then, actually I think he even said that Sequieda Sr. called Joey a crook.
With prosecutors like this the jury would convict JM, if he were still alive.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3h3 hours ago
#McStay - WATCH LIVE: Day 14 in the #CharlesMerritt capital murder trial. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

DyQa2hHVYAAZx_N.jpg

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Det. Ryan Smith returns to the stand. The jury went on a site view yesterday, no testimony. Smith was on the stand at the end of day Tuesday. Watch Live;

DyQcG4VV4AAx_tW.jpg

0 replies0 retweets3 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Cross examination by defense attorney James McGee. Smith testifies an anonymous tip came in about internet searches done on the McStay computer. McGee: One of those was a tip that Dan Kavanaugh did an internet search on McStay's computer.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Anonymous tip said Dan Kavanaugh conducted that search, lured the family out of the house, killed them and buried the bodies, drove Trooper to the border. Smith confirms that tip did come in. They couldn't identify tipster.

The defense's constant innuendos that detectives and prosecution are hiding things or avoiding possible evidence is nerve grating. Mcgee's questions are so mundane. Smith's body language was like one eye roll after another. The jury must have daggers for eyes.
It's so disappointing to me , given all the interest in this case early on, there is nary a regular person present in the court room giving us an inside look.

I'm guessing you have read this already but since it's a new thread, going to jump off of your post to post it again :)

I don't know the answers to your questions, the only thing I can gather from what we "know" is that it was very recent, 2 weeks previous, that he "confessed", and afterwards, he started threatening her and she was afraid of him. I thought it was said that they were childhood friends, but I am not sure, could have even been high school friends. If I can find that video again I will post it, I'm sure Maline had more details than what I copied from the overhead.

From Defense OS (was on overhead screen):

Tracey Riccobene

October 26, 2018 went to investigators and defense to give statement.
Dan confessed to her that he murdered the family
Detailed statement
Held one of the boys at knife point to get the family out of the home

DK raped Summer
Wanted revenge against Joseph McStay for cheating him
DK buried the sledgehammer in graves
Was not in Hawaii - DK lied and provided false alibi
DK came back to the house and pretended he was Joseph

Known DK for years - Best Friend
Like a brother to me
Share music in common
Says DK is a genius manipulative mastermind
Full confession 2 weeks ago but had been hinting at it for a longer period of time
She told him to come forward - he refused.

After Riccobene told DK to come forward
He has been threatening her
She is terrified of him
He has no empathy toward other people
She feels it is her duty to come forward even though DK will harm her
Requests witness protection
WOW So now what?

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - McGee: Did you contact Dan Kavanaugh about that tip?
Smith: No

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Charles Merritt on day 14.

DyQj1rGUcAA7iYc.jpg

0 replies1 retweet6 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Det. Smith says that material Joseph McStay was wrapped in could be the futon cover but can't say with certainty. McGee asks if there were any zippers found, futon cover had zippers, Smith said no.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2h2 hours ago
#McStay - Under redirect Smith says the last person Joseph McStay saw was "the killer". This brought an objection from defense and now sidebar.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 35m35 minutes ago
#McStay - Trial is on lunch recess until 1:30pm PST/4:30pm EST

Q-Pros, At some point was there an issue between Dave (MSM) and JM, regarding the fountains and payment issues?

A-Witness, I do know that Dave had issues with Joseph, because Joseph wasn’t being forthcoming as to how much he was charging for the fountains and Dave was suppose to be getting a percentage of that. But, he couldn’t calculate the percentage, because he didn’t know how much the item was being sold for.

Amazing, the prosecution puts a witness on the stand that testifies JM wasn’t being forthcoming.

Imo the state has their own good reasons for doing so.

Imo

Det Smith just testified Joseph's last phone contact was with the killer. Defense objected.
I just watched this...

he said something like, you were asked on Tuesday about the last known contact, who Joseph's last contact was with, last known cell phone contact, would that be the last contact he had with anyone?

Smith says no, the last contact he would have had with anyone would be the killer.

The way it was worded, it was odd.

I am hesitant to say this again, but I find Smith so very unprofessional on the stand IMO The number of questions that are being objected to and being sustained is crazy, but he keeps answering anyway. I noticed with one of the other officers, might have been Steers (?), he was hesitating to answer once all the objections started.

I have just come in from work.

Have I missed anything major today?

I was at work too! if you open the live feed, you can pull the scroll thingy back and rewind, it only goes back about 2 hours. From what I am hearing, you missed a lot of "objection" "sustained"

oh my god, I have heard 2 just typing this LOL

I just watched this...

he said something like, you were asked on Tuesday about the last known contact, who Joseph's last contact was with, last known cell phone contact, would that be the last contact he had with anyone?

Smith says no, the last contact he would have had with anyone would be the killer.

The way it was worded, it was odd.

I am hesitant to say this again, but I find Smith so very unprofessional on the stand IMO The number of questions that are being objected to and being sustained is crazy, but he keeps answering anyway. I noticed with one of the other officers, might have been Steers (?), he was hesitating to answer once all the objections started.
If I was there I'd gag the whole lot of them and let the judge ask the questions. It's like a class of defiant kids and so disrespectful to the jury who they seem to have forgotten they are meant to be impressing. I don't think I can stand many more weeks of this.

Lots of things are missing from the house that aren't in the graves.. (I.E cell phone, wallet, purse...) There's obviously another evidence dump site that has not been discovered yet. Maybe near the boarder near the Trooper dump site. Who knows.

On the 5th, CM made a trip to Santa Clarita. I wonder he dumped/buried them there?

If I was there I'd gag the whole lot of them and let the judge ask the questions. It's like a class of defiant kids and so disrespectful to the jury who they seem to have forgotten they are meant to be impressing. I don't think I can stand many more weeks of this.

Not gonna lie... it's brutal LOL it messes with the line of questioning... things get lost ... this jury has to try to remember what they are allowed to remember and what they are not! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE