CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page of cheques paid to Metro before Feb 1st 2010, attempting to show that Joey always capitalized names , but Carmen didn't notice whether he did or not. I think this is going to be another drawn out testimony hampered by memory problems.

View attachment 166875

The signature is TOTALLY different than the check(s) CM wrote, lololol.

No they certainly didn't. However, it's usually the defense that will portray the victim as a bad guy, it's certain not necessary for the prosecution to do so.

Yeah this takes the air out the balloon for the defense. Just lay it all out there in black and white. Good, bad, and ugly.

Great strategy by the state actually. I have seen other prosecutors take the wind out of the defense before in other cases.

I'm sure the defense wasn't expecting the state to steal their thunder. LOL! Oh well it happens.

So the defense wants to talk about Dave or Joey? Okay.

No doubt the defense had planned to disparage Joey in order for them to say DK had a reason to kill him.

Alrighty then that's exactly what the state will do now and in future testimony.

Imo

Where is that from? His phone records?

Yes. There is a YouTuber (Hughes?) that shows two timelines, based off both JM and CM phone records. He/She speculates that CM was going to originally bury the bodies in SC, but due to the hard rain that day, CM decided against it. Again, this was his/her opinion only.

IIRC, CM was in SC for 2 1/2 hours before heading back toward RC.

Last edited:
Judge was questioning Smith about anonymous tips, theories, etc. and asked if he had contacted what sound like CVS to help find out the source...(probably not the right initials, hard to hear) and defense objected. CM could very well have called in bogus tips.

Just heard this... the judge was saying "CBS" in reference to getting info from news outlets or other media.

Yeah this takes the air out the balloon for the defense. Just lay it all out there in black and white. Good, bad, and ugly.

Great strategy by the state actually. I have seen other prosecutors take the wind out of the defense before in other cases.

I'm sure the defense wasn't expecting the state to steal their thunder. LOL! Oh well it happens.

No doubt the defense had planned to disparage Joey in order for them to say DK had a reason to kill him.

Alrighty then that's exactly what the state will do now and in future testimony.

Imo
That’s one way to look at it. The way I see it the jury expects the defense to portray the victim as a nefarious character, so they discount the portrayal to a certain degree. However, when it’s the prosecution that’s doing so the jury has a tendency to accept it at face value.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - Court is back in session. Front end manager from Metro Sheet Metal on the stand. She is testifying about checks written in '09 by Joseph McStay, delivered by Charles Merritt. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

DyRSed8VYAE5i6X.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Imo

The air came out of the balloon when the defense got Sequieda to say that his Dad called Joseph a crook when he was on the stand. I didn't catch how it came out with this witness, I've gone live now so will have to watch it later.

That’s one way to look at it. The way I see it the jury expects the defense to portray the victim as a nefarious character, so they discount the portrayal to a certain degree. However, when it’s the prosecution that’s doing so the jury has a tendency to accept it at face value.

I think the jury will think the state is not trying to make anything up. I think they will greatly appreciate it.

I'm not sure they think the same of these defense attorneys. I think all along they have felt when it is the defense's turn it would be the same typical blah, blah, blah often heard.

The state needs to ask any investigator about Dave every chance they get, but I imagine they are holding their ace in the hole until rebuttal.

The state doesnt have to turnover any discovery for rebuttal witnesses until and if the defense puts on their own case.

But for now the state will let the defense keep talking about Dave, Dave, Dave and more Dave! Lol

Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members