CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, no wonder I'm lost. Which "Dave" gave CM a key? They didn't say specifically. I thought the son said CM was denied access to the shop after CM had a falling out with Dave Sr, no?

Dave Jr. made it sound like under no circumstances was CM to be in the building without them and he was not given a key. He said that he or they told Carmen that. But either Carmen forgets that, or I dunno...

reminder of 8th from timeline

Mon 8th

7.26 am Merritt’s phone is in Rancho Cucamonga.

7.26 am to 1.31 pm Merritt’s phone off grid for 6 hours.

1.31 pm Merritt’s phone connects in Corona area travelling north.

1.54 pm to 6.31 pm Merritt’s phone is in Rancho Cucamonga.

2.20 pm QB accessed and cheque printed backdated to 4th. He deposits this on 9th.

[unknown time] Merritt makes a 1 hour 47 minute call to QB to get a new version and cancel old.

11 pm Trooper is towed in San Ysidro.

Did she just say that she thinks it was Monday morning that she talked to him? (on the 8th)

ok... wait... they are adding it to the Calendar lol I wish we could see the calendar!

Yes those were handwritten cheques, the one in Jan put up on court screen was computer printed.

ok, now I'm confused LOL

The typewritten one's were from February, weren't they?

I could possibly have missed some before the break.

The defense showed her a bunch of cheques, and asked her if she could say when Joey "switched over to typewritten", she then answered in December 2009 after looking, but some were still handwritten.

Mon 8th

2.20 pm QB accessed and cheque printed backdated to 4th. He deposits this on 9th.

[unknown time] Merritt makes a 1 hour 47 minute call to QB to get a new version and cancel old.

I dont think he talked to her on the 8th. Its obvious he was doing other things.

I'm glad the jury will have the exact timeline to use for reference in the deliberation room.

Imo

ok, now I'm confused LOL

The typewritten one's were from February, weren't they?

I could possibly have missed some before the break.

The defense showed her a bunch of cheques, and asked her if she could say when Joey "switched over to typewritten", she then answered in December 2009 after looking, but some were still handwritten.
The ones I posted in a batch of 4 were handwritten from 2009.

The one posted on the court screen next to the cheque dated 4th Feb to compare signatures was computer printed and dated January 2010.

They are talking about a motion filed ... the state wants Brian Baker to testify by video I think. The Defense said something like he can't see or hear???!!!???

Unfortunately, it sounds like the gentleman has some health issues and needs to have surgery.

ETA: they said can't see or READ

Last edited:
The ones I posted in a batch of 4 were handwritten from 2009.

The one posted on the court screen next to the cheque dated 4th Feb to compare signatures was computer printed and dated January 2010.
ahh okay, got it! I will have to back and look again :)

Mon 8th

The "Security" at border lot testified they didn't "notice" the Trooper until around 5:30, which is the daily time they start taking inventory of the cars in the lot. They usually wait 2 more hours (stores start closing at 8:00 pm) before starting to notify the tow companies how many cars that will need to be towed.

The Trooper could have been parked there earlier. I could also see CM "making an appearance" at MSM for an alibi in the morning of the 8th, so that later on he can say that he couldn't have possibly been anywhere near the border due to being seen at MSM. 6 hours is plenty of time to drive to border and then be seen in Corona at 1:31, IMO

Dave Jr. made it sound like under no circumstances was CM to be in the building without them and he was not given a key. He said that he or they told Carmen that. But either Carmen forgets that, or I dunno...

Wow! That's bad they dont even trust Meritt to be in the building without them.

That tells a lot about who CM was/is.

So could this witness be biased?

Looks like Carmen went against the rules she had been told to do.

Did CM manipulate and sweet talk her into doing it anyway? Sure sounds like it.

Hmmmm.

She lived in San Fernando Valley at the time of the murders.

Thanks. That makes logical sense, in case JM ever needed her to retrieve items from storage to bring to him whenever she planned to visit in Fallbrook. thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered why so far away.

Wow! That's bad they dont even trust Meritt to be in the building without them.

That tells a lot about who CM was/is.

So could this witness be biased?

Looks like Carmen went against the rules she had been told to do.

Did CM manipulate and sweet talk her into doing it anyway? Sure sounds like it.

Hmmmm.

No, just very clever. IMO, the Defense had her thinking about the earlier time when CM DID have access. He never asked if there was time CM was not allowed access/keys. He lost access once Dave Sr got into it with CM over unfinished work/not being paid/failing to show up when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54