CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One person killing them all, quite possible, but unlikely one person rounded up the family, drove three vehicles around the same time, two to the grave site and one to the Mexican border. And without leaving any trace.

Rounding up the family, not impossible, if he got rid of or disabled Joey first. And Summer would be next, and he was much stronger and would have the element of surprise. Plus, all he had to do to control Summer would be to put a knife to her child's throat.

Driving the vehicles, not that difficult. And not leaving any trace--he did leave some traces in the Trooper.

One person killing them all, quite possible, but unlikely one person rounded up the family, drove three vehicles around the same time, two to the grave site and one to the Mexican border. And without leaving any trace.
I disagree. It would be harder for three people to be as meticulous in not leaving evidence than one person, statistically. He had the time, this wasn't done in a day.

The problem with searching for info about Dan Kavanaugh's ex girlfriend is that you mainly get results about the ex girlfriends of Brett Kavanaugh. :D
Yes, I see what you mean, in order to correct the issue enter the search criteria like this,
(‘dan' kavanaugh -brett) but without parentheses.

Last edited:
I disagree. We were on a camping trip once, and we had to help another family deal with a family pet that was gravely injured, by a wild predator, and in a lot of pain. They chose to put the animal out of his misery. They had a choice of how to do so.

Are you saying it would make no difference if they shot the animal in the head, quickly. Or they decided to take a rock and smash him in the head over and over, until he finally died? Is it the same thing?

Chase didn’t have a gun though. There is no scenario in the world that would make it easier to kill a child. We know what the murder weapon is. What other methods could he have used? Given his state of mind, I just don’t envisage him looking for a more painless way to kill the kids. They would’ve been hysterical. I just don’t see him taking the decision to murder a family of 4 over a fraudulent check. I think something happened in the moment and he had to think fast. MOO.

About the DNA on the trooper: I wonder who else's and how many other people's DNA did they try to compare to? Or did they only test it for CM?

I hate to speak about the injuries as it makes it all too real but I will post what I believe.

Jody could not of been killed by mistake as he was obviously beaten up before the head blow hence the broken leg and rib.

All the family were killed in a over blown way which points to anger.

IMO

I hate to speak about the injuries as it makes it all too real but I will post what I believe.

Jody could not of been killed by mistake as he was obviously beaten up before the head blow hence the broken leg and rib.

All the family were killed in a over blown way which points to anger.

IMO
Yes, but this would be consistent with a fight?

About the DNA on the trooper: I wonder who else's and how many other people's DNA did they try to compare to? Or did they only test it for CM?

I'm wondering how important the jury will determine the DNA evidence in the Trooper to be. He already admitted to being in the Trooper, though as a passenger. The swabs were collective iirc, not very precise. Also weird how Chase's DNA was not found on the door handle. I was thinking about this earlier, I thought early on that someone in LE had commented that it appeared that the inside of the Trooper had been wiped down. However I could be confusing this case with another one. Does anyone remember anything about this?

Chase had to know that the Trooper would likely be found and processed by LE. What puzzles me is why didn't he lie and say that he had driven the Trooper in the past? All he would have had to say was that he and Joey were in Joey's Trooper together to play paintball, or check on a job, or have lunch, etc... and that Joey all of a sudden started having one of his spells. And asked Chase to drive for a while until he felt better. Such a simple, easy, and believable lie (everyone knew Joey was having spells, and he had pulled over before because of them according to Susan). That would have explained his DNA being in the driver's seat areas.

Chase didn’t have a gun though. There is no scenario in the world that would make it easier to kill a child. We know what the murder weapon is. What other methods could he have used? Given his state of mind, I just don’t envisage him looking for a more painless way to kill the kids. They would’ve been hysterical. I just don’t see him taking the decision to murder a family of 4 over a fraudulent check. I think something happened in the moment and he had to think fast. MOO.
Yes and he had sledge hammers at his disposal thanks to his job!

Chase had to know that the Trooper would likely be found and processed by LE. What puzzles me is why didn't he lie and say that he had driven the Trooper in the past?

Agree. The Trooper was left at the border for the purpose of being found. So he wiped clean the house without any DNA but didn't think of cleaning his DNA in the Trooper (even though the seat was adjusted back to the position for a shorter driver)?

You think Joey would of gotten into a fight with Chase?

I find that laughable as Joey simply wasn’t the type from what we know about his character.

I tend to agree from my impression, e.g. from the wording: “Now, I, Summer & Kids know the ‘Real You’ and what you would potentially do to harm me and my family … Your (sic) a great guy Dan . . . FK’n Sad.”

smr, I've been thinking about friends who may have wondered about a supposed birthday party on Sat., Feb. 6th, at Chucky Cheese. Did it get canceled, did people show up? Surely good friends would call and ask, keep in touch. If one or more stopped by the house, was the Trooper gone? I'm hoping we will find out soon.

If I remember correctly, the invites never got sent out. The birthday celebration was still in planning stages.

Reactions: TRB
You think Joey would of gotten into a fight with Chase?

I find that laughable as Joey simply wasn’t the type from what we know about his character.

Yes I do think Joey would HAVE gotten into a fight. I do not think he would HAVE instigated a fight. I’m not a fighter either but if someone threw a punch at me i’d retaliate. Sorry if you find that laughable, did you know Joey personally?

just a quick note - hate to disrupt the discussion...

Chelly said:
@Niner
Law and Crime is noting today as Day 15.
Watch Live: McStay Family Murder Trial Day 15

but.... I have Thursday, Jan. 31st as Day 15.... I'm counting Opening Statements as Day 1. No??

Sorry, I have to disagree.
I think any man is going to get in to a fight to protect his family...

Well there is no sign there was a fight as Chase only had marks to his hands.

I don’t think Chase had the balls to attack Joey face to face. I definitely think he would of waited for Joey to have his guard down. This is why Joey was bound as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia