CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudin has said that after the 3rd communication with the prosecutors he became curious about the case and went on the Internet to read about the case. We don't know which websites he visited and what and how much he read about the case.

Is it appropriate for the counsels to tell the expert which case is in question? Especially when the expert apparently did not know at all. Shouldn't the expert be complete "blind" about the case?

I believe the prosecution is now starting to prove CM’s guilt good and proper. The car leaving the house and looking suspiciously like the suspects and the QB testimony, the cell phone pings. It’s all telling a story on the relevant days this beautiful family had their lives snuffed out through anger and greed. I’ve wanted justice for this family for so long (have actually shed tears for them). Let’s hope the prosecution is now on a roll! I’m excited!

Last edited:
<modsnipped quoted post>

<modsnipped response to quoted post>

Seriously... I don't even think the defense was scrambling! (my opinion) They were saying they might need until next week... the judge AGREED! I also got the impression that since the wheelbase experiment was part of the "new" things that the Dr. Rudin did, which could exclude Merritt's truck, they were quite interested in what else he did because of the possibility of it being exculpatory. I can't recall where in the hearing yesterday, but Dr. Rudin made a comment while McGee was questioning him that he would look at things if they wanted him to as well... I am not even sure he is a paid witness for the State lol He just seemed to be interested and wanted to find out more.

I would be concerned if I was the prosecution and hope that there isn't anything that shows that it wasn't Merritt's truck in that additional info. JMO

I think this is a situation that the State can't be blamed and the Defense can't be blamed. It was a witness that they had planned to call... the defense knew about it... the hearing yesterday was more about 'notes' and figuring out what he was going to say because he didn't make a report... within that hearing, they found out there was more... which now everyone has and the judge is rightfully giving everyone time to prepare before he testifies. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK:
Prosecution: Britt Imes, Sean Daugherty, Melissa Rodriguez
Defense: James McGee, Raj Maline

Not sure if there are more people in each team, and not sure who's the lead prosecutor and lead defense team (may not matter much?)

A little background on why Britt Imes says he decided to become a prosecutor.
Watch Part 4 Video. Keep watching, he is on twice.

San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office: November 2016

Rudin has said that after the 3rd communication with the prosecutors he became curious about the case and went on the Internet to read about the case. We don't know which websites he visited and what and how much he read about the case.

Is it appropriate for the counsels to tell the expert which case is in question? Especially when the expert apparently did not know at all. Shouldn't the expert be complete "blind" about the case?

I don't find it unusual that he would know about the case. I find it more unusual that he had to google it and not just ask the prosecution or be told about it LOL

Towards the end of the hearing yesterday, he said that he had just learned last week that the video was from a different house, not the McStay's house and it was after learning that, that he realized he could do more and he did the wheelbase experiment and others. That is why the late findings/report. Seems to me that the prosecution didn't prepare their expert well lol I am usually impressed by Prosecutor's... love how well they are prepared, no delays, always ready to go.. so far, this prosecution team is less than impressive. Again, JMO :)

<modsnipped quoted post and response>

Not everyone posting believes he is guilty! I have read many posts from others that say they don't think he is. My gut tells me he is, but I am waiting to see what the prosecution and the defense presents, so far I haven't seen the proof... I'm open to all possibilities.... Can't have a discussion if everyone believes the same thing!

<modsnipped quoted post and response>

It’s interesting to hear all opinions. I have tried to remain objective but the prosecution has started to prove to me that the man they have held for four years had the motive, means and capability to murder this family. Sorry but that’s just how I feel having listened to the evidence. There is no mob mentality, it’s justice. The guy the evidence pointed to is now being proven a liar.

So what exactly did QB customer service guy actually say? I was able to hear very little when I tried listening on the phone, I could hear Maline's questioning, but I couldn't hear Mr. Baker's answers very well. He kept asking about a custom email address? Are they going to imply that the custom side was only set up after Joey and Chase started doing business together and Chase has had access to that before Feb 2010?

I may have custom and contact mixed up lol

the prosecution has started to prove to me that the man they have held for four years had the motive, means and capability to murder this family.

Leaving aside whether they proved what you claim they did, having the motive, means and capability to murder someone does not imply having murdered someone (thank God).

<modsnipped quoted post>

<modsnipped response to removed quote> If I can just add a reminder. Though this case is about guilt and innocence, it is also an amazing opportunity to learn about forensics, and evidence. With both the prosecution and defense so determined, we are getting information that may be helpful as we navigate other cases.

The jury is going to decide the outcome, so though we may not agree, no verdict that matters will be reached here. We can take this opportunity to get better informed, and sometimes healthy debate from opposing views can lead to more in-depth understanding, than just engaging with others who think exactly as you do. <modsnipped>

That's such a good question. I hadn't thought about that. It does seem as if it isn't the best idea. I know with DNA those tests are required to be blind. But I don't know about this kind of analysis. The other thing is that this guy is peddling a product. He only makes money if he's called into testify, so there is, unfortunately some incentive for these experts to please whoever is paying the tab, whether it's the DA or the defense.

We are back live....Not sure what his name is... but I'm assuming he's just a foundational witness? He took the Faro scan? is explaining how it works, etc.?

@Speak Softly said in the last thread:

I've followed this story since the McStays went missing. Now I find out that I live blocks away from the courthouse where the trial is being held. In fact been inside the building, been inside the jury room and several court rooms. I must say I found the people who work there are very nice and friendly. I'll have to start watching the trial by video as there's no way I'll get inside. My heart has always ached for the McStays and especially their families.

Sorry, couldn't quote. Just letting you know that from what has been reported, the court room hasn't been full. Probably because it's being streamed. If you get a chance to go, it would be great to get a perspective from someone that is there live lol Really missing "reporting" in this case.
Then I'll give it a try. Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18