Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Edmo

I made a mistake. It wasn't the Nikki Hidrich case that Don Jones worked on it was this case People v Yablonsky:

"DNA analysis of the sperm cells was performed in 1999. San Bernardino County Deputy Sheriff’s criminalist Donald Jones testified based on his analysis of the DNA results that the sperm cells were from a single donor. Jones compared the DNA from the sperm cells to other DNA obtained from 16 blood samples apparently taken from the crime scene, and also obtained from known donors. Those comparisons did not produce a match.

In January 2003, another criminalist employed by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department conducted a more sophisticated analysis of the sperm and semen contained in the vaginal swab from Rita Cobb. This second analysis produced a complete DNA profile of 13 markers which then was entered into a nationwide database, CODIS DNA. Some years later,2 the criminalist was notified that the sample she had entered matched defendant."

People v. Yablonsky CA4/2 – CourtListener.com
BBM

Conducted a more sophisticated analysis

To me, that implies technology advanced in the intervening years, not that Jones necessarily screwed up. He may have, but there have been dramatic changes in DNA analysis over the years.

dang I'm going to have to have to wait to hear the Union Bank witness...

But YAYYYYY forensic accountant on now! LOL

This is the stuff I have been waiting for!

What did we learn from the Union Bank fraud investigator? Cathy only tweeted twice :( Will go back and catch up. *sigh*

Did I understand this correctly: JM called into his bank on Feb 4th about "fraudulent" transactions to his bank account? :eek::eek::eek:
No I didn't hear that. I think she was asked what would have happened to his call if he had called with a problem. And the answer was it may have been noted by the office he called.

dang I'm going to have to have to wait to hear the Union Bank witness...

But YAYYYYY forensic accountant on now! LOL

This is the stuff I have been waiting for!

What did we learn from the Union Bank fraud investigator? Cathy only tweeted twice :( Will go back and catch up. *sigh*

IIRC, JM called Union Bank on Feb 4th about "Fraudulent" cheques written to his bank account? That's what I gathered, from her testimony. *Might* not be accurate with the stream cutting out tho.

Ok, but here's what I don't get. If Joey is the main contributor, Summer 2nd, and then 3rd is Chase, as a minor---and if it is just 'trace /touch' from shaking Chase's and----does that mean that JOEY drove the car to the border?

If someone else was the last to drive, wouldn't that slight minor trace from Chase be gone, and over ridden by the last driver?

This would have been a great question for the prosecutor to ask, no?

I'm not a forensic expert haha But if someone was wearing gloves, then what?

ETA... ok, so I went back, but went WAY back haha sorry katy, this was from early this morning :)

Last edited:

#McStay - Under cross examination bank fraud investigator was asked about paypal transfers on Joseph McStay's account by Dan Kavanaugh after family went missing. She said she couldn't say what person originated transactions but total was 5 transfers, $10,047.99.

I think the defense case is kind of all over the place. From what I can piece together, it is not a clear concise scenario.

But it seems to be a mixture of DK, being an instigator or the outright killer. Like, perhaps DK held a gun to the drivers head and forced them to drive to the border, kind of scenario. Joey tied ups in the back, Summer driving, while DK has a gun to the baby's head, kind of scenario?

That^^^^ is the kind of scenario DK's ex gf will likely tell, imo ---but we have no DNA from DK in the Trooper, IIRC

They are kind of trapping themselves into a corner with the gf of DK's testimony, I believe. Because her story will have to fit with all of the forensics. If Not, it will look like a desperate ploy. And make them look disingenuous. imo

I had to laugh when I read that... we are still in the Prosecutions case, aren't we? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required