CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. But we get lots of clues and they did have Opening Statements. And we know DK's girlfriend is a big part of their defense case. Once they put her on the stand, they have to stand behind her, right?

We do get lots of clues... and I do agree with you... I think they have put all, or most, of their eggs in the DK basket. The odd time I catch something that leaves it open to "someone else" but not very.

If they hope to have a chance, they better get something cohesive together, but I doubt we will see that until they present their own case :)

Wouldn't the Union Bank Fraud investigator be the one to testify about something like that if there was a note on it?
Only if she had investigated any calls Joey made before he disappeared I would think. I don't know if she was asked by DuGal, because she explained where the record of the call would be found if it happened before she was notified of their disappearance.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1h1 hour ago
#McStay - New witness for the state is April Coronado. She was a fraud investigator for Union Bank in 2010. Watch live: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

Dz4SXBCU0AA3PNx.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 49m49 minutes ago
#McStay - Fraud rep compared the signatures on these two checks. One handwritten to Charles Merritt on 2/4/10 for $525, the other printed charles merritt (lower case) on 2/4/10 $500.

Dz4WvLaU8AAvPCe.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 23m23 minutes ago
#McStay - Under cross examination bank fraud investigator was asked about paypal transfers on Joseph McStay's account by Dan Kavanaugh after family went missing. She said she couldn't say what person originated transactions but total was 5 transfers, $10,047.99.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 21m21 minutes ago
#McStay - Next witness for the state is a forensic accountant, certified fraud examiner, Scott Weitzman. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

Dz4dHElUUAArIFI.png

Only if she had investigated any calls Joey made before he disappeared I would think. I don't know if she was asked by DuGal, because she explained where the record of the call would be found if it happened before she was notified of their disappearance.

ok thanks, trying to rewind to listen during the break. When I read that she was the Union Bank Fraud investigator, I really thought that was what we were going to hear. Or that they flagged it before they got a call from LE. Doesn't sound like it though?

I really do think the financial and/or pings is their best evidence. But only if it shows what we, or I should say I, have been led to believe.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1h1 hour ago
#McStay - New witness for the state is April Coronado. She was a fraud investigator for Union Bank in 2010. Watch live: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

Dz4SXBCU0AA3PNx.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 49m49 minutes ago
#McStay - Fraud rep compared the signatures on these two checks. One handwritten to Charles Merritt on 2/4/10 for $525, the other printed charles merritt (lower case) on 2/4/10 $500.

Dz4WvLaU8AAvPCe.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 23m23 minutes ago
#McStay - Under cross examination bank fraud investigator was asked about paypal transfers on Joseph McStay's account by Dan Kavanaugh after family went missing. She said she couldn't say what person originated transactions but total was 5 transfers, $10,047.99.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 21m21 minutes ago
#McStay - Next witness for the state is a forensic accountant, certified fraud examiner, Scott Weitzman. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

Dz4dHElUUAArIFI.png

Those 2 cheques are NOT signed the same, IMO.

*** It appears*** there is a fingerprint dated on 12-4-2009 cheque ?

I am always amazed with the witnesses on the stand. Experts and non experts. They are so poised. I would be getting my Irish up. How dare you question my veracity? Who do you think you are? Seriously, it could get ugly. Not sure if I could contain myself.:D

The Defense will try to paint an innocent picture about CM and any involvement about any cheques, IMO. They want witnesses to be rattled. I don't think it has worked thus far, tho.

Not if they've got the wrong guy, though. If they are wrong about Merritt, then other options exist. In every case where there has been a documented case of wrongful conviction, there has only been one person arrested, but then it turns out they are innocent.

The fact that there is an arrest does not automatically equal guilt. If it did, there would be no need to have a trial.
There is a trial because Merritt plead not guilty. Of course he did. The con man bought time - lots of it.

If CM is innocent, and the murders were committed by someone else, to quote JMarsh: Where's the evidence?

It had better make a grand entrance soon. Otherwise - Charles Merritt is going down.

Yes. It would be his sweat that would release his skin cells.

I had no clue he sweated this much even in the winter.

I do know LE looks for sweating when they are interviewing a potential suspect.

That reminds me. He supposedly "passed," his lie detector test or so he said. Being that he takes meds for his heart condition, wouldn't that skew the results?

And no one asked her? lol I am still listening.... but might have to wait until later if they come back live

I don't recall any posters accusing Summer of poisoning Joseph and that causing his illness before Chase did. Of course if posted here they would have been deleted. I do remember a lot of people were quite shocked when he came out and suggested it.

Chase never did offer a theory. Now that I think about it, the CNN reporter never asked what thought happened or who killed them but did ask Patrick.

I've found only two comments he made before the family was found. Once that happened, he came out to assert damage control IMO.
I think he was asked if he knew where the family was. He responded, very slowly, "I ..... have no idea."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme