CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and they might not have sucked at their jobs if they hadn't believed CM's "story", just saying.
1st thing I would have done is verify the "lunch" appointment. As of yet, there is nothing but CM's word.
"Last known visual".

They are detectives so they should detect hence the job title.

A criminal is hardly going to say “don’t do your job guys I did it”. Of course Chase lied he had just killed a family of 4 so if the cops are that inept they shouldn’t be in the job they are in.

Ocean look at the latest tweets, he's tried to influence Cathy Jarvis' testimony through the glass.

Thank you. As Nancy Grace would say this is BOMBSHELL BREAKING NEWS!!! Lol

Not for me though, as you know I said early on Cathy was going to be a key witness for the state.

Good for her. He not only destroyed the McStay family, and their love ones, but he has destroyed Cathy's life, and the life of their children because they will be attached to this lowlife aka murderer of 4.

I always knew she would be a witness on the side for justice, and not for the evildoer.

Imo

Chase didn’t botch the investigation though. If the police had done their best at the beginning then this was solvable.

So the bad investigation is on LE not Chase. Chase didn’t tell them to suck at their jobs!!
I agree. The detectives were told by the Union Bank fraud investigator that two cheques to Charles Merritt bore possibly forged signatures. Together with the knowledge that he had outstanding warrants and previous, and them becoming aware during his interview that he was speaking of them in the past tense, that should have told them right there and then that he was a complete con man at the very least and should have been investigated in the disappearance - while the evidence was fresh.

I just hope there is something relevant enough in the conversations to justify playing them. This trial is going to be long enough already and the jury have enough time wasted. There better be something good in them to take this amount of time.
I think we just now found out. And the judge has ruled that it's coming in. How will this go down on appeal? Can the DT say we were blindsided? Just awaiting arguments from the not guilty side. This is so much more interesting than cell phone data!

I can’t recall a fall day in weeks.

They always seem to start late or have a stupidly long lunch break and then finish early.

Sometimes we only get one out of the 3 and other times we get all 3 in a day. It’s been a real joy to watch the American system at work.

I only did 2 weeks jury service last summer and I had to be in every day at 9.30 and 1 hour lunch break and we didn’t finish and get outside until 4.30 the majority of the time. So glad I only did 10 days as I would hate anything any longer like this trial.

I continually check here to see what is happening.
Well: long breaks, short days, days off all the time.
It appears that stalling is fine, as it is permitted.
The Jurors must be livid.
MOO.

I am gobsmacked. Now, I know we haven't heard the recordings yet. But they can't be good if the DT tried to suppress them. So many opine about no smoking gun. Could this be it? This late in the game? From the defendant's own words?
Can't wait to see Mr. Jitty!

I think we just now found out. And the judge has ruled that it's coming in. How will this go down on appeal? Can the DT say we were blindsided? Just awaiting arguments from the not guilty side. This is so much more interesting than cell phone data!

I'm not MsF, of course, but I would say, no.

The DT knew about this evidence already.

The judge probably told them he would make his final ruling before it was to come in. Rather commonly done actually.

The judge wouldn't make this ruling if it would be an appellate issue.

This is a highly seasoned judge. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Imo

I am gobsmacked. Now, I know we haven't heard the recordings yet. But they can't be good if the DT tried to suppress them. So many opine about no smoking gun. Could this be it? This late in the game? From the defendant's own words?
Can't wait to see Mr. Jitty!

This is possibly the closest evidence they have to a smoking gun, IMO. Now I wonder if Cathy turned state’s witness? Could she have been his helper? I always felt this crime was committed by more than one person. But the DA says differently...

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 7m7 minutes ago
Cathy Russon Retweeted Cathy Russon

#McStay - CORRECTION to this tweet. The recording devices were placed by Sgt. Ryan Smith, not Catherine Jarvis.

Cathy Russon added,
Cathy Russon @cathyrusson
#McStay - Merritt had been talking through the glass at visits, avoiding the phone. Cathy Jarvis - Merritt's girlfriend at the time of the murders - her name was specifically mentioned by Sgt. Ryan Smith as to her placing recording devices in visiting area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV