CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped quote

Months? How long is this trial supposed to go on? I been watching here and there but I dont think I can commit to MONTHS!

Also I saw someone posted all the thread from the Mcstay case are gone now? Why? I had searched for them once and didnt find them so I knew my post were missing but I didnt know all of them were.

we will be here, we are hard core. mOO

remember when we thought McGyver did it? and his suspicious art show club? we thought it was an affair gone wrong ! we were on that for awhile... mOO

1. 11m11 minutes ago
    #McStay - Recross Do you remember telling Dep. Tingley that Chase Merritt hacked into your brother's account? Mike says he doesn't remember. Defense: You knew Dan Kavanaugh had a nickname of "Hacker Dan"? Mike says they knew him as a nickname of "Dan the Hacker".

2. 15m15 minutes ago
    #McStay - Now recross by Maline.

3. 18m18 minutes ago
    #McStay - Merritt grabbed a pen, wrote a long note and is now showing it to his attorney. It's safe to say he is going to be very active in his defense.

4. 21m21 minutes ago
    Replying to @1BKRapaBitch @VictoriaMcKver @AdeleGermane
    There's a team of 3 prosecutors. I'm sure they've split the witnesses up depending on content

1. 29m29 minutes ago
    #McStay - Cross examination of Mike McStay now over. Prosecutor up for redirect.

2. 35m35 minutes ago
    #McStay - Mike talking again about how he took the computers from the house. Merritt is actively talking to his attorneys during this and searching through an accordion folder.

3. 37m37 minutes ago
    Replying to @VictoriaMcKver @1BKRapaBitch @AdeleGermane
    There's nothing definitive to say that was Merritt's truck. Jury could decide there's enough evidence that it was more than likely his or come to no conclusion.

4. 41m41 minutes ago
    #McStay - Cross: Mike says he doesn't remember if Merritt came into the house on the 13th with him. He remembers opening the sliding glass door but doesn't remember him coming in. According to transcript Mike told Det. Dugal that he opened the door and "let Chase in".

53m53 minutes ago

#McStay - Defense atty Maline asking about a "family squabble" between Mike McStay and his brother's wife, Summer. It happened on July 4th, he's not sure if it was 09 or 08. Yesterday he said Summer said something about his kids.

DwkUrNFV4AAiD-S.jpg

RSBM

I agree with most of what you said in your post. The above though... do they remember that the prosecution had Mike "recall" from a statement he made years later that paint CM in a bad light... or do they remember when the defense showed Mike his very first statement where he said he let CM in through the sliding door... coincidentally, where Mike marked the X on the picture? Do they recall that Mike said he found a number that he thought was Summer's mom (which turned out to be his own mother's) and that CM was the one that left the voicemail?

tbh, I don't recall all the details of this case, but I do have a pretty good memory... when Mike was testifying that CM didn't go in with him, I was thinking hmmm I don't remember that. It wasn't until the defense got up that I know why I didn't remember, it was because it wasn't what he said early on.
Agreed, but I just don't think it makes much of a difference at this point if he was in there or not, unless they found fingerprints of his on something...like the coffee cup, that keeps getting brought up by both sides so it seems like the defense wants to place him in the house, while the prosecution doesn't. I do agree it does seem important enough that Mike should be able to remember for sure whether or not he came in the house. If not Mike then his wife probably would.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
Cathy Russon Retweeted JUSTICE

No it doesn't. He's been in court every day. California has a statute allowing victim family members. This trial is going to last up to 6 months. I bet he's recalled.

Not 4 months but 6!

6 months! I am not following this thread for 6 months, lol. At the pace they seem to be going I can see it lasting awhile.

Agreed, but I just don't think it makes much of a difference at this point if he was in there or not, unless they found fingerprints of his on something...like the coffee cup, that keeps getting brought up by both sides so it seems like the defense wants to place him in the house, while the prosecution doesn't. I do agree it does seem important enough that Mike should be able to remember for sure whether or not he came in the house. If not Mike then his wife probably would.

I think the big problem for the state, is is makes them look like they are dishonestly painting CM in a bad or suspicious light. They used that statement, that CM didn't want to go in the house, to make him look guilty of something. But then it turns out that MM didnt say that to the state earlier in the transcripts. So it looks shady.

Snipped quote

Months? How long is this trial supposed to go on? I been watching here and there but I dont think I can commit to MONTHS!

Also I saw someone posted all the thread from the Mcstay case are gone now? Why? I had searched for them once and didnt find them so I knew my post were missing but I didnt know all of them were.

Hi friend! I still see our posts from about 2012 on - I know we had posted before that, of course, but maybe those posts disappeared in the move to the new forum? They’re in what used to be the Parking lot.

Hi friend! I still see our posts from about 2012 on - I know we had posted before that, of course, but maybe those posts disappeared in the move to the new forum? They’re in what used to be the Parking lot.
I was looking for the thread from 2010 ..
I have forgotten so many details in this case. I am going to spend my weekend going over the 2012- to current. However I really wanted to start at day1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme