CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless you John....If you are reading here please call your family. I hope tomorrow is the day you find John!

I believe homeless shelters have been mentioned. How about like soup kitchens?
If I was mentally troubled and feeling spiritually troubled, I would seek out a large church.
this is a good thought. we'll start working on this.

Another update.

The computer excavation continues. We've found a few images in John's google chrome cache from around 4 AM. Would you all help us identify them?
This seems to be google maps street view. Does anyone know this store? It looked like something in the Marina to us.
attachment.php

THis one looks like Sutro Baths?
attachment.php

This one might be outside a downtown BART station?
attachment.php

Is this the avenues, 37th to 48th. might confirm the route he took to get out there.
attachment.php

As always, your help is deeply and sincerely appreciated. Thank you, Sleuths.

Attachments

• f_0066c8.jpeg
    f_0066c8.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 302
  • f_00668e.jpeg
    f_00668e.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 310
  • f_0066c9.jpeg
    f_0066c9.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 310
  • f_00668f .jpeg
    f_00668f .jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 315
I think we found the storefront: estila 3628 sacramento

Also the neighborhood map seems to be this (screenshot is from the fantastic websleuths map--sending my thanks over to the UK!):
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 10.21.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 10.21.34 PM.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 290
The BART station is around Powell street area

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I agree about the neighborhood. I was coming to post a photo from Google Earth. No street names, but you can see the same building or pool shaped a little like the top of a grand piano as in John's computer image...blue in this photo. 37th Ave is a couple of blocks to the right at the edge of the photo. You can see the relation of the neighborhood to Lands End, etc.

attachment.php

That does seem to be Sutro Baths.
http://www.nps.gov/goga/learn/historyculture/upload/Sutro_Baths_Ruins_sr_2014_v2.pdf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 282
The steps and baths area are from Sutro Baths

Hi everyone, I may be totally off base here,but based on a google maps search of the storefront Estila at 3628 Sacramento St, San Francisco, CA 94118, there seem to be 2 buildings across the street from that store front that house medical offices, including a center for psychotherapy at 3637 Sacramento Street & at 3641 Sacramento St it is "Psychiatric Alternatives"

I did the search b/c I was wondering why that store front (Estila) seemed so far off the path from the bus route 38 (which on my map shows it follows Geary Blvd, which is a good 2 avenues south of Sacramento St) which would have taken him to Sutro Baths.
By the way, I'm not from the West Coast, never been to SF. I did this all on google maps... so I'm sorry if I'm mistaken & off the mark.

Here is 3628 Sacramento St in relation to all the other locations. The neighborhood is close to the Presidio. I'm sure you'll be canvassing that neighborhood!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 274
Hi everyone, I may be totally off base here,but based on a google maps search of the storefront Estila at 3628 Sacramento St, San Francisco, CA 94118, there seem to be 2 buildings across the street from that store front that house medical offices, including a center for psychotherapy at 3637 Sacramento Street & at 3641 Sacramento St it is "Psychiatric Alternatives"

I did the search b/c I was wondering why that store front (Estila) seemed so far off the path from the bus route 38 (which on my map shows it follows Geary Blvd, which is a good 2 avenues south of Sacramento St) which would have taken him to Sutro Baths.
By the way, I'm not from the West Coast, never been to SF. I did this all on google maps... so I'm sorry if I'm mistaken & off the mark.
BBM

You're doing great! Terrific sleuthing. I have wondered about a medical or psychiatric diagnosis that he may not have shared with family. It's possible he got off the bus and walked to Sacramento St, saw a practitioner and got to the trail by noon I suppose. Or he could have had a later appointment.

Psychiatric Alternatives has three offices in that one block! One is on the same side as 3628 at 3676. I would definitely check this out. They have offices all over the Bay Area and many practitioners.

https://psychiatricalternatives.com/locations2.php

I almost posted earlier about a woman in NYC who disappeared for a month, having checked herself into a mental hospital. There was a huge social media search for her. With this in mind, I wondered if John had checked himself in somewhere for some kind of treatment (mental or physical). Far-fetched, I know.

http://www.ibtimes.com/dana-bonanno...-disappearing-greenpoint-neighborhood-1387773

Hi Lilibet, thnx!

Along the same lines, I also remember a case a while back where a young woman entered a dissociative fugue state and went missing, but fortunately was found a few weeks later.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/01/nyregion/thecity/01miss.html

Wow! What a story. I remember when she was rescued, but it's nice to read what happened to her. It was interesting that she could still log onto her email because that's almost a reflexive memory. She also apparently hung out in an area that was peaceful for her and where she would blend in.

Except for the planning John did, I'd think this might be a possibility.

Another update.

The computer excavation continues. We've found a few images in John's google chrome cache from around 4 AM. Would you all help us identify them?
This seems to be google maps street view. Does anyone know this store? It looked like something in the Marina to us.
attachment.php

THis one looks like Sutro Baths?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Is this the avenues, 37th to 48th. might confirm the route he took to get out there.
attachment.php

As always, your help is deeply and sincerely appreciated. Thank you, Sleuths.

I'm just adding these to the map and I know you have all probably confirmed the 2nd pic is sutro baths, but I found the actual pic HERE on google maps photo sphere

attachment.php

The BART station is around Powell street area

I've added the others to the map but I'm having trouble identifying this photo on streetview. Do you know precisely which street it is on? I've been up and down and around Powell Street with no luck. I have to say, this is my first 'streetview' tour of SF. What a beautiful city!!

Ski its outside across the westfield mall area

I think you mean Westfield Mall at the San Francisco Center in the 800 block of Market. However, I believe the building is located outside the Embarcadero BART stop in the financial district. I am leaning towards it being 1 market on the California side. Or the building where Bush and Battery meet. I haven't been able to find an image yet that supports it but I commuted through there and walked those streets for 20 years and it looks more financial district than Union Square shopping at Powell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm late coming to the thread but have been able to read through most of it. I just keep wondering where he could be sleeping every night. Have hotels in the areas he's been seen in been checked ? Or perhaps boarding houses, parks and campgrounds?

My mind also keeps going back to when we visited SF several years ago, the homeless people and the street mimes. I remember walking down to the Fisherman's Wharf area and seeing a lot of these people enroute. I know it's a long shot, but is it possible he might go down there and just blend in ?

It's always such a strange mystery to me when someone disappears like this, I do hope John is safe somewhere and is found soon.

Did he have anything on him he could pawn for cash? Have pawn shops received the flier?

I'm late coming to the thread but have been able to read through most of it. I just keep wondering where he could be sleeping every night. Have hotels in the areas he's been seen in been checked ? Or perhaps boarding houses, parks and campgrounds?

Maybe he's got help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member