CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One suggestion I have is to include the Bart surveillance photo (cropping out the other ppl of course) in the next flyer design. Perhaps it will jog someone's memory seeing his outfit. If this has already been done, I apologize I just may have missed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lilbet is so wise (as always [emoji6]). Ignore any obtuse and rude comments, continue to post with respect, class and dignity. Legal issues do not make John any less worthy of being found than anyone else.

I am from the East Bay but my knowledge of San Francisco is almost zilch :( and even less so since moving up north. Hoping more locals join us here or even better, join the search this long weekend with great weather for being out and about and passing out fliers!

I agree with m_brown about adding the BART photo to the fliers. (Thanks for your kind words my friend and I'm so glad YOU are here!). :)

Two more ideas:

*I believe places like Staples and Office Depot, etc will do a certain amount of free printing in missing persons cases.

*If John would possibly Google himself and find the FB page, it would be a good idea to post messages directly to him from his family. This has helped in at least one other case I know of with a teen who was in hiding for over three months (actually, two cases, now that I think of it). Knowing he is loved and wanted by his family can make a difference.

I just wanted to say that I pray today is the day John is found. Joy M, you are doing a wonderful job on John's behalf. I'm hoping John just needed a few days to clear his head. This situation must be very stressful for him. I've followed several missing persons here on W.S. that turn up safe a few days or weeks later. I'm hoping John is another.

Lilibet and Joy M..........I agree :yourock:

ANOTHER QUESTION: Have the surveillance videos at the West Oakland, Coliseum and both Airport stations been checked?

Here is a link to the BART map so we can visualize where the train was headed.
http://www.bart.gov/stations

John got on the "yellow" line at 12th St in Oakland. The next stop is the West Oakland station. If he got off there, he could get on any of the lines, rather than go to SF. Three of the lines would take him to the Oakland Airport (OAK) by getting off at the Coliseum. If he stayed on the "yellow" train and didn't get off, it could have taken him all the way to the SF airport (SFO).

http://www.bart.gov/stations/woak

For those who are not local, the island just below where the BART lines cross the Bay is Alameda, where John lived. It was a great place to grow up back in the '50's! :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alameda,_California

I just finished watching the video of the hearing that John did not attend. After so many years of this case dragging out, personally I can understand why John chose NOT to go. It did not appear that his presence was needed as it was his attorney and the FTC attorney giving their arguments to the three panel judges.

I felt John's attorney was very knowledgeable with valid points. He could answer any questions swiftly and cite cases in his answers. The judges gave the FTC lawyer a rough time, and by the end, he appeared to be getting a bit disheveled.

A missing John is what we are concerned with. He has been under so much pressure, for so long. John, your family and friends love you and support you. Please call someone to let us know you are okay.

Here's praying John will turn up today safe.

I just finished watching the video of the hearing that John did not attend. After so many years of this case dragging out, personally I can understand why John chose NOT to go. It did not appear that his presence was needed as it was his attorney and the FTC attorney giving their arguments to the three panel judges.

I felt John's attorney was very knowledgeable with valid points. He could answer any questions swiftly and cite cases in his answers. The judges gave the FTC lawyer a rough time, and by the end, he appeared to be getting a bit disheveled.

A missing John is what we are concerned with. He has been under so much pressure, for so long. John, your family and friends love you and support you. Please call someone to let us know you are okay.

I couldn't agree more!

The hearing took place in Pasadena (L.A.), not Oakland, so I assume John may have had an appointment to watch the live feed. Or else his apointment was coincidentally about his bankruptcy and not the FTC appeal? I watched the video too and wasn't overly impressed with either attorney, but that may be because it was pretty much Greek to me! The judges seemed very knowledgeable. Since there hasn't been a decision, I'm curious why John's wife said that things seemed to be looking better. It could go either way, although it's unclear how the government could ever collect the money. The two houses wouldn't come close. It's a very sad mess for all involved.

In any case, I agree that the pressure must be extreme. As unfortunate as the publicity is, I do think it helps to know about this in terms of widening out the scope of our thinking about possibilities. I hope John will see the support he has from family and friends and come home. His wife must be in agony.

I agree Lilibit, it is unfortunate for the legal aspect to be brought up....but it adds some much needed info as to his state of mind.

I hope JB is reading somewhere and is aware of the love of his family. And he is found very soon, brought back to his family. They obviously love him very much and stand behind him.

This situation has gone on too long. Come home JB.

I find the timing of this article to be rather cruel. There is a family that is in pain trying to find a loving father and grandfather. There are two sides to every story. I know others may disagree, it's JMO.

I agree, and honestly I feel there is a medical issue here, whether it be a TIA or even perhaps a dementia in its very early stages that may have been so subtle that nobody noticed.

Here is a link to a new printable poster showing the photo of John at the BART station.

https://www.facebook.com/findjohnbe...2750541891000/583486071817447/?type=3&theater

Bringing the latest updates flyer over from hthe thread:

025ae8397d317005b6f1b8369035e093.jpg

#FindJohnBeck

:candle:

I can't clarify yet--we're trying to figure out what we should say publicly--but please know this article is *extremely* misleading.

I have to say, we have no experience in this kind of decision making and we're trying to get advice before we move. It's overwhelming. And I feel so deeply for John's family: knowing your father has disappeared and is in grave peril, knowing it's up to you and your family and friends to figure out what to do to find him, working tirelessly to make that happen? That is too great a burden already. I am so heartbroken that in addition to having to learn private investigation and media outreach skills on the fly, the family has been given the additional burden of crisis management.

Hi--I've been alerted by a family member who *cannot post themselves because they do not* have a websleuths account that this hearing video is a year old. This is not the hearing he was scheduled to attend earlier this week.

*edited for clarity

He was in the military, but--if my memory is correct--he was stationed in Japan and perhaps also Germany, not here in California. However, many bay area people know about these places even without military experience. (I didn't, even though I was born in Oakland and spent half my life there. My boyfriend did, even though he was only there for a couple years.)

Hi! I posted this below as well. I'm new here, so I apologize if re-posting is considered bad etiquette. I just wanted to make sure everyone here knew that I have been alerted by a family member that this video is from a year ago.

Thank you! Forgive my lack of familiarity with the etiquette here.

Thanks JoyM for posting here and keeping us up-to-date.

Please, please come home JB!

Hello! I started to reply hours ago and am just now finishing. My apologies for my slow responses--it's very hard to keep up with everything right now!

First, thank you all, again, for your thoughts and concern. This community is an incredible resource and we are very grateful.

Looking at the surveillance photo from BART he certainly looks pained and stressed. His face also seems quite red to me, I hope he did not have a medical emergency somewhere. Would that be a possibility, Joy? In his age many have high blood pressure. Have hospitals been contacted?

We have contacted hospitals, and we've also visited them and passed out flyers. As far as I know, John was in very good health. He had a double hip replacement surgery not too long ago, but he seemed to be fully recovered last I saw him. He played paddleball (I think--I'm not great with sports) daily.

Also, you were saying he might have boarded the train at 9:06 that morning, but what if he didn't? Could he have gotten on a different train instead? Or gotten on the 9:06 train, but got off at a different location?

The still is pulled from a surveillance video on which he can be seen boarding the 9:06 AM train. We are still working tirelessly to get ahold of the video from the Powell St station but haven't had any luck so far.

Could he have taken cash with him and is in a hotel/motel somewhere?
As far as we know, he had less than $100 cash on him. It's possible he had more, but he did not withdraw it recently. We hope he is in a hotel/motel. We have canvassed/flyered the hotels and motels near Sutro Bath and Baker Beach.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and concern. It helps so much in a very hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3