GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I get the impression they have but cant say for sure but Boogie has a chip. The chip company has been alerted to notify police if found.

I'm so glad he has a chip. I did see where they said on the FB page that it will alert the police. That's great.

I'm so glad he has a chip. I did see where they said on the FB page that it will alert the police. That's great.

I know nothing about chips in dogs. So does this mean if Boogie is found, the chip can be rad with a digital scanner and it'll give a readout of ownership? But it's not a tracking device like OnStar for dogs? LOL That even sounded silly typing it.

So it will help for Boogie to be found. That could lead LE in the right direction.

Side note: I use to think it was no ones business where I went and who I was meeting up with. I would not tell people where I was going or who I was meeting. Cases like this show how important it is to let someone know where you are going and who you are meeting. With more information for what her plans were, we could narrow down where she was headed, who with and who she met along the way.

We know she was in Ontario, LE has proof they aren't releasing. The ex has admitted he met with her. Where is still a mystery. We only have ambiguous texts that family doesn't even think came from her that she went to Palm Springs and was later heading to Big Bear. At this point we have no clue she was anywhere other than Ontario. And then her vehicle ended up back in San Diego, 1/2 mile from her home, staged to be stolen. The vehicle alone is screaming foul play, a criminal act and nothing good for Julia.

Too bad there isn't GPS technology embedded in our dog's chips - find the dog - find Julia.

She's had her for at least 5-6 years. She was always Julie's dog not her ex's.

We had a tip on the Facebook page about picking up her dog at Petsmart for the Ontario sighting at 8:30PM. Don't know if that's true or not.

-Casey Jacobson

We had a tip on the Facebook page about picking up her dog at Petsmart for the Ontario sighting at 8:30PM. Don't know if that's true or not.

-Casey Jacobson

Any & all tips are helpful, IMO!
However, would you say it's typical of Julia to take Boogie to a PetSmart in such a random location? Especially if her plans were Big Bear &/or Palm Springs? Surely there was a PetSmart closer to her home?

Yes, most people would leave their dog at home with a dog sitter but she always traveled with her and then would put her in a Petsmart in the location she was headed. That was common for her. But, we don't know why she would be in that area????

Yes, most people would leave their dog at home with a dog sitter but she always traveled with her and then would put her in a Petsmart in the location she was headed. That was common for her. But, we don't know why she would be in that area????

I can absolutely understand having her beloved doggie with her during her travels! I have 2 dogs & one of them comes with me everywhere I can take her!!
That makes sense if she would drop her at PetSmart as a short term day care while she took care of things where Boogie couldn't join her.

If she was in fact seen picking Boogie up, that leads me to believe that she was intentionally in Ontario-for a reason(s) unknown at this time. I could be way off, but, the action of her returning to pick the dog up makes me think she had planned the Ontario 'visit' & things were going as she had expected. If she hadn't returned to pick her up, I would be extremely worried about the Ontario visit.

That is such an important fact. When you drop your dog off at PetSmart do you give them an approx. time of return? If so, did she originally tell them 8:30pm?

And is it a fact that she absolutely did not meet her ex in Ontario?

Can anyone access her Google account? I'm sure you know, if she had location services turned on you can look at where she went. Or will her employer tell you what the car's GPS indicated?
I'm so curious as to why the police aren't sharing things like that so you know where to canvas.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My love, support and prayers to Julia's family. This must be agonizing. No one deserves this. God Bless!

I am surprised that this far into this case that LE hasn't engaged some SAR teams to check certain areas. By now they should know as much as they are ever going to know about Julia's movements via her phone location and the GPS in the company car (if it had one).

I am surprised that this far into this case that LE hasn't engaged some SAR teams to check certain areas. By now they should know as much as they are ever going to know about Julia's movements via her phone location and the GPS in the company car (if it had one).

I had the same thoughts!!
Could it be that they're keeping a close eye on a certain individual?

Have all the animals shelters in the greater LA and San Diego areas been advised about Boogie? I know there are a ton of them but I would hope all of them have the flyer in case the dog is found or turned in.

The San Diego and Ontario area have definitely been advised. If any one is able, we would greatly appreciate anyone contacting other shelters.

Of all the strange things, her car ended up a few blocks away from home - unlocked and keys inside. WTF? That's so super weird, and I hope there was a way to get some video surveillance from somewhere along the route from Ontario to "almost home".

I'm wondering if she left Boogie at the pet store while she picked someone up from the airports that maybe she met online. Thinking it was all good, she picked up her dog. But from there..... :( LE might be going through a ton of video surveillance and passenger lists. Would they do that?

According to google maps, it takes about 1 hour and 15 min. to drive the I-10 from Ontario to Big Bear Lake area.

Big Bear is a popular day trip / week end "escape from LA" destination. She would be arriving in Big Bear on a Saturday at 10:45 p.m. Big Bear is not over developed hotel wise (part of the charm). Nor is it known for its late night bar / night club scene, also part of the charm.

In short, getting there at 10:45 on a Saturday night with out advanced reservations could leave a person with no place to stay unless one is in the "I want a room and cost is no objection" type crowd, and not a lot to do until the next morning.

Maybe she was unaware of this and decided to go on impulse. But maybe somebody had commandeered her phone and sent the text as a decoy.

Big Bear is a popular day trip / week end "escape from LA" destination. She would be arriving in Big Bear on a Saturday at 10:45 p.m. Big Bear is not over developed hotel wise (part of the charm). Nor is it known for its late night bar / night club scene, also part of the charm.

In short, getting there at 10:45 on a Saturday night with out advanced reservations could leave a person with no place to stay unless one is in the "I want a room and cost is no objection" type crowd, and not a lot to do until the next morning.

Maybe she was unaware of this and decided to go on impulse. But maybe somebody had commandeered her phone and sent the text as a decoy.
According to what was said about the texts (Family thinks the texts weren't Julia writing) Julia was going to Palm Springs and then Big Bear the following day - that would be the 3rd. But given it was a weekend and the Labor Day weekend to boot, I expect there would be similar difficulty in obtaining a place to stay without advanced reservations in Palm Springs as well. Either way there is no indication that she made it to Palm Springs, let alone Big Bear.

As I understand it her boyfriend was on the East Coast at the time but it is unclear whether Julia communicated any of her plans for the weekend with him and if any of that differs from what she communicated to family. That is, up until those texts did anyone in Julia's life have any knowledge of her wanting to go to Palm Springs, Big Bear, or even Ontario that weekend? If not, was it unusual that Julia did not mention planned travel / activities for this Labor Day Weekend?

Mt thought is if she met up with the ex husband, who she had previously told was abusive, she would not tell people if she decided to do a day road trip with him to Big Bear to hike or somewhere near Ontario to shop, etc. If you tell people someone has abused you, you would be less likely to admit to those people you met up with the abuser. He may have smooth talked her into a roadtrip to reconnect. Did something with her, and then left the car back home. I hope LE has already figured out where his phone pinged all day, if he did not turn it off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove