CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE did interview all 3 witness's and said they were credible.
I do believe that the neighbors saw someone that morning but was it Karlie? And if it was, did she walk down the street, seen by the neighbors, then go back into the house? Possible. I wonder if those same witnesses saw or heard the SM taking the boys out of the house at 5:30 am that saturday morning as well. If the hot tub neighbor was indeed in the tub he should have at least heard a car traveling past that early. MOO

The reason no one is talking about where Karlie’s could be, is it’s useless. If you were to see her neighborhood you would know she could not have run away. She would have had nowhere to run to. If she had wandered off into the desert she would have been found because she couldn’t have gotten far. The searchers and helicopters would have found her. An abduction is even less likely, as that highway is pretty much empty at 7am on a Saturday morning. The only way Karlie is going to be found is if Zac and Melissa tell LE where she is. Maybe they can offer leniency if they share what they know. It’s been said that Desert people know how to hide a body. It is no joke. There are mines. I worry this girl will never be found
If only there were a double/triple like button. ;)

The reason no one is talking about where Karlie’s could be, is it’s useless. If you were to see her neighborhood you would know she could not have run away. She would have had nowhere to run to. If she had wandered off into the desert she would have been found because she couldn’t have gotten far. The searchers and helicopters would have found her. An abduction is even less likely, as that highway is pretty much empty at 7am on a Saturday morning. The only way Karlie is going to be found is if Zac and Melissa tell LE where she is. Maybe they can offer leniency if they share what they know. It’s been said that Desert people know how to hide a body. It is no joke. There are mines. I worry this girl will never be found
Sunshine, are you in the area? I apologize if I missed this before......

I recall something about SM saying she walked or drove the route to the 6 from her house at a certain time and Karlie wasn't there. But iirc it was the same time that witnesses claim to have seen Karlie. So if true, how could witnessses have seen karlie when SM was in the same area but did not?

Does anyone recall this and have the statement SM made?

I recall something about SM saying she walked or drove the route to the 6 from her house at a certain time and Karlie wasn't there. But iirc it was the same time that witnesses claim to have seen Karlie. So if true, how could witnessses have seen karlie when SM was in the same area but did not?

I'm looking for that information. In the meantime, what was the SM time frame when she drove the kids away? Or when she canvassed the neighborhood with dad? And if she walked, could she have been the person that those witnesses observed? It was still dark. How clear would those observations really have been? IMO the story will change again anyway. How do we, or LE, or anyone, nail all of this down? And is the local LE even looking into these inconsistencies? I hope so. I'm not holding my breath however.

ETA Typos

Last edited:
I am sorry and no doubt missing info here but

was there actually a full search of bd and sm's house, their vehicles
why wasn't anyone allowed to help with the search, most unusual
are there still searches going on or have they given up
i might be wrong but there doesn't seem to be a continual outcry from family or friends to keep this forefront in the news

my apologies if this have already been answered
There was no evidence collected from the home. The only search done in the home was 10 hours after she was reported missing. The search consisted of checking each room and under the beds to make sure she wasn’t hiding.

Do you have a link for highway being empty at 7 am on a Saturday?

I'm looking for that information. In the meantime, what was the SM time frame when she drove the kids away? Or when she canvassed the neighborhood with dad? And if she walked, could she have been the person that those witnesses observed? It was still dark. How clear would those observations really have been? IMO the story will change again anyway. How do we, or LE, or anyone, nail all of this down? And is the local LE even looking into these inconsistencies? I hope so. I'm not holding my breath however.

ETA Typos
Jim, I am with you on every point made here. We all know how reliable "some" witness statements can be, especially when it was possibly still dark out? And I thought I read earlier that FBI was involved early on...do we know if they are still?

This case is frustrating for sure. I too wish I had the time to list all the facts and statements but there has been so much. The Dad and Stepmom know what happened to Karlie. If they were innocent, their stories would not have changed this much. It’s one thing for Melissa to say she couldn’t be honest with the media because she was advised not to talk about the case..that’s questionable enough, but to give conflicting stories to the birth mother as well makes no sense.
I'm starting to suspect that their timeline inconsistencies may be intentionally misleading to confuse - after all, she was so stressed out in her live videos.

ETA Typos
We don't have to nail anything down. If LE believes the witnesses, then someone picked her up & she could be anywhere. If you all think the dad & SM did something to her, then let's figure out what they did with her. This endless fixation on families inconsistencies is just noise. jmo

BBM. One theory that has been floating around is that the witnesses actually saw SM and not Karlie.

SM states that she went out looking for Karlie that morning that she disappeared. At first, she reported Karlie was wearing skinny jeans and a tshirt.

SM went out looking for Karlie and SM was wearing grey sweatpants and a tshirt.

Witnesses report seeing someone matching Karlie's description wearing grey sweatpants and a tshirt.

SM changes description of Karlie to wearing grey sweatpants and a tshirt.

Karlie Guse stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter's clothes from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

There are versions of this where the sm did go out looking for Karlie very early in the morning when she first noticed that Karlie wasn't in bed, then she came back to the house, and then she went out again, and this time the dad also drove around looking for Karlie.

Found them (I believe?!)

I dont have the link but I know SM stated on DP that she "casually" walked the route to the 6 looking for Karlie. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r