CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe SM altered the description of Karlie’s clothing to match what she was wearing that morning. There’s no reasonable explanation for changing the description especially when that description changed to what she herself was wearing. It was dark out and she could easily be mistaken for Karlie from a distance. OTOH if she knew what happened to Karlie, why would she have been out looking for her? I suppose she could have gone out to make it appear they didn’t know where she was.

If the “search” of the house was not done for 10 hours and consisted of merely a cursory look around then I doubt there’s much hope of finding out what happened here. Big mistake not sealing the house! Plenty of time to get rid of evidence in the desert while pretending to be searching. Small local agencies are not equipped to handle a missing child. Has it been confirmed anywhere that SM was/is friendly with Sheriff? If that’s true, FBI really needs to be brought in! Have they upgraded Karlie to Missing Endangered or is she still considered a runaway?

My heart breaks for Lindsay and Karlie’s siblings!

I recall something about SM saying she walked or drove the route to the 6 from her house at a certain time and Karlie wasn't there. But iirc it was the same time that witnesses claim to have seen Karlie. So if true, how could witnessses have seen karlie when SM was in the same area but did not?

Does anyone recall this and have the statement SM made?

I thought I quoted your post in mine above. I think she said she was “moseying” down to Rte 6. I may be wrong about the exact word but I got the distinct impression she just ambled down there casually and in no particular hurry.

Sadly, if the local LE are friends of the dad & SM, and now we have DP giving his professional "opinion" that Karlie may have been trafficked, we may never know what happened and the chances of her case being changed to Missing/Endangered is highly unlikely. IMO

Sadly, if the local LE are friends of the dad & SM, and now we have DP giving his professional "opinion" that Karlie may have been trafficked, we may never know what happened and the chances of her case being changed to Missing/Endangered is highly unlikely. IMO
Friends of Zac and Melissa know them to have been good parents to th
SM tells Dr. Phil that she was "casually" walking the route that Karlie had to have taken that morning after realizing she was missing. I am just baffled folks. Baffled. Call in the big guns Dr. Phil. Please.

Friends of Zac and Melissa know them to have been good parents to th

Go team Karlie, huh. I realize everyone reacts differently when someone goes missing, however, I personally, will never be able to understand the media "blast", the constant hunger for the spotlight or the time for FB upkeep when your child is missing. JMO

Wrong. SM & dads versions was true. Birth mom & her investigator lied to DR. Phil about the tape. Dr Phil asked the investigator point plan "Did Karlie ask to call 911 or did she ask would you call 911 if something happened to me"? The investigator lied.
Both scenarios are alarming. The fact Karlie discussed 911 whatsoever and went “missing” that morning is deeply troubling.

I thought I quoted your post in mine above. I think she said she was “moseying” down to Rte 6. I may be wrong about the exact word but I got the distinct impression she just ambled down there casually and in no particular hurry.

She was trying to time how long it would take Karlie to walk to highway 6. This was not when she was "looking" for her.

Go team Karlie, huh. I realize everyone reacts differently when someone goes missing, however, I personally, will never be able to understand the media "blast", the constant hunger for the spotlight or the time for FB upkeep when your child is missing. JMO
I think my response was cut off. I apologize, I’m new here and not familiar with this forum.
Friends of Zac and Melissa have known them to be good parents. In addition Mono County Sherrif is not equipped to handle anything of this magnitude. The “investigator” assigned is actually a parole officer. The most these sheriffs typically do is issue speeding tickets, more so during ski season. I do not believe even one officer lives in the area. Zac and Melissa’s friends are too close to the situation to be objective.

I find the dad almost worse, frankly, in his comments and demeanor.

Watching Dr. Phil, though, SM lied several times. When he confronted them on why they refused to give the producers the witnesses' contact info when asked, her immediate response was, "Nooooo?" As in, "That didn't happen. We weren't asked."

But then the dad stepped in and simply admitted he didn't want to give that info and wouldn't.

These people are liars. Why?

I don't know.

For the record, I don't know what happened here and why these people are behaving this way.
They can’t exactly tell the truth now, unless they want to leave their boys without a mom and dad.

There was no evidence collected from the home. The only search done in the home was 10 hours after she was reported missing. The search consisted of checking each room and under the beds to make sure she wasn’t hiding.

How do we know that though? The family may be saying that but they seem intent on making people believe LE has done a poor job because they just think Karlie is a runaway and have classified her as such.

But that's not what I'm actually seeing:

"Sheriff's officials say she was reported missing the morning she disappeared and an exhaustive, multi-day search followed. Helicopters, search dogs and off-road vehicles were called in.

Investigators combed through Karlie's social media accounts and electronic devices in search of clues.

"We have done search warrants. We have done data dumps of all electronic devices. We've interviewed everyone that's related to her," said Braun.

The Mono County Sheriff even called in the FBI to assist in the investigation."

Search warrants issued, data pulled from electronic devices in search for missing teen

I'm looking for that information. In the meantime, what was the SM time frame when she drove the kids away? Or when she canvassed the neighborhood with dad? And if she walked, could she have been the person that those witnesses observed? It was still dark. How clear would those observations really have been? IMO the story will change again anyway. How do we, or LE, or anyone, nail all of this down? And is the local LE even looking into these inconsistencies? I hope so. I'm not holding my breath however.

ETA Typos

It's going to be hard because she changed her story and the timeline so many times.

I believe SM altered the description of Karlie’s clothing to match what she was wearing that morning. There’s no reasonable explanation for changing the description especially when that description changed to what she herself was wearing. It was dark out and she could easily be mistaken for Karlie from a distance. OTOH if she knew what happened to Karlie, why would she have been out looking for her? I suppose she could have gone out to make it appear they didn’t know where she was.

If the “search” of the house was not done for 10 hours and consisted of merely a cursory look around then I doubt there’s much hope of finding out what happened here. Big mistake not sealing the house! Plenty of time to get rid of evidence in the desert while pretending to be searching. Small local agencies are not equipped to handle a missing child. Has it been confirmed anywhere that SM was/is friendly with Sheriff? If that’s true, FBI really needs to be brought in! Have they upgraded Karlie to Missing Endangered or is she still considered a runaway?

My heart breaks for Lindsay and Karlie’s siblings!
The entire town is friends or connected in some way.

I don’t know what to think about Karlie’s disappearance.

I do know there seems to be a lot of statements being made in the forum that I have not seen substantiated.

We know the SM lied about checking on KG in the morning. What about her statement about sleeping in KGs bed?

Random thoughs:
If KG smoked laced Marijuana I would suspect methamphetamine. I believe the effects can last up to 24 hours. Maybe she is still suffering the effects early in the am and SM does not want the younger children to witness.

We don't have to nail anything down. If LE believes the witnesses, then someone picked her up & she could be anywhere. If you all think the dad & SM did something to her, then let's figure out what they did with her. This endless fixation on families inconsistencies is just noise. jmo

1. We don't know that LE believes the witnesses. We don't know much about them at all. They may have seen someone. And assumed it was her.
2. If she was spotted making it to the highway that doesn't definitively mean someone picked her up. It's possible she wandered into the desert and succumbed somewhere. I don't think it's probable but it is remotely possible. Bodies have been found in spots already searched before.
3. This site is about theories and discussion. And ferreting out the inconsistencies can help figure out what's happened to Karlie. If we can narrow down the timeline at all based on analyzing her inconsistencies, and distance and when calls actually happened, we might be able to at least determine a radius within which Karlie could've been taken, if that happened.
But regardless, much of what we discuss on here is just that- discussion. People here are interested in true crime and justice and we're going to continue discussing those inconsistencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member