CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Even in this article the times are different. Its really bad if no one can figure out what time she even went missing.

Step mom says they slept in the same bed all night; but that Karlie stayed awake and step mom slept off and on. Bio mom says that would be very unusual. I agree!

It is so odd for a 16 year old to leave without her phone.

Step mom put her car into the shop after Karlie went missing. Which many think is odd. No one has said why it is in the shop. Repairs? Detailing? Normal maintenance?

Dad finding Karlie's footprints in the mountains. Bio mom says this is not confirmed by anyone.

Bio mom says the sighting is NOT confirmed to be Karlie and she doesn't think it was Karlie. Neighbor in a hot tub saw a teen walking with a piece of paper in her hand. Step mom said it was Karlie's counseling paper? But bio mom pointed out that there was no school on Sat so that doesn't make sense.

I really wish these families could come together to find Karlie. I feel so bad that the bio mom has been so left out of the loop by LE etc.

Three different neighbors saw a teenage girl walking early on a Saturday morning. They can’t all be wrong and I highly doubt there were a few different teenage girls walking around that morning unless there are girls who regularly jog. I’m sure it would be easy to figure that out just by observing the neighborhood on subsequent weekend mornings. I personally think she hitchhiked out of the area and/or went up into the mountains and hasn’t been found yet.

From Crime Stories, Nancy Grace's interview yesterday with Karlie's Mom (LF), who answered the question as to why Karlie's Stepmom (MG) had audio recorded Karlie: [at 27:59]
On the night that she picked her up from Karlie's boyfriend's house, Stepmom said that Karlie was really paranoid. "Karlie got into the car with [Stepmom], and said 'Melissa -- You're going to kill me -- No! You're going to kill me!'"

Missing teen Karlie Guse's mom raises questions: 'I just don't understand' from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

If we can discuss what Lindsay Fairley divulged on the Nancy Grace podcast... can we talk about the piece of paper the hot tub neighbor saw a young woman carrying?

Melissa’s explanation to Lindsay was that Karlie was in a counseling group at school and Karlie was adamant to have that paper back. Had Melissa taken it away from her? What was on the paper? I’m wildly speculating that it had contact information for the counselor who ran the group and maybe Karlie wanted it so she could get in touch with a counselor.

I also suspect Karlie didn’t have her phone because it was taken away from her as punishment.* For my teen, it’s the only thing she cares about, so we have taken her phone away for the evening on a few occasions. If she wasn’t able to use her phone, she may have left with the paper so she could call her counselor?

On a related note, kids don’t memorize phone numbers the way us Olds used to. I’m sure my daughter doesn’t know her friends’ phone numbers. If she had to call one from a phone that wasn’t hers, she wouldn’t know what to dial. Karlie without her phone might not be able to contact anyone.

* yes, it was at the house. When we have taken our daughter’s phone away as a consequence, it goes on my nightstand.

Is there a reason why synthetic marijuana is being brought up?

That's pot country. Cannabis farms everywhere. Regular marijuana is extremely easily accessible and synthetic marijuana is not.
It's speculation coming from comments by the SM who alleges that KG did not attend football game as planned but instead went to party and got high. SM speculates weed was laced with something because KG was very paranoid. MOO

ETA: Bio Mom interviewed 10/25/18 by Gray Hughes and states KG used marijuana before, and suspended from school for month for use.

Last edited:
It's speculation coming from comments by the SM who alleges that KG did not attend football game as planned but instead went to party and got high. SM speculates weed was laced with something because KG was very paranoid. MOO

If this was the first time that she used cannabis, I think it's quite possible that she felt hyper-aware or paranoid. I don't think it had to be laced with anything to have the known side effect of paranoia.

If this was the first time that she used cannabis, I think it's quite possible that she felt hyper-aware or paranoid. I don't think it had to be laced with anything to have the known side effect of paranoia.
Bio Mom states that KG was suspended from school for a month because of cannabis use, and was attending counseling on school property during suspension. (Mom was interviewed by Gray Hughes 10/25/18).

Despite massive search efforts to find Karlie, including the use of scent dogs and helicopters, she has not been located. Melissa told CrimeOnline that at least three neighbors saw someone who could have been Karlie. The stepmom stated that while at least one neighbor said they spotted someone they believed to be Karlie, the other two neighbors reportedly said they couldn’t be sure, as they’ve never met the teen personally. Melissa, however, said that all three neighbors provided the same description.

Melissa also indicated that someone told her they saw someone who looked like Karlie at the corner of Highway 6, around a mile away from her family home, standing on the inside of a barbed wire fence. Sheriff Ingrid Brauhn with the Mono County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that three separate witnesses told authorities they saw someone who looked like Karlie walking in and around the neighborhood, early morning, October 13.

Where is Karlie Gusé ? Desperate search for young girl intensifies as mystery surrounds how, why she disappeared

So none of the witnesses are sure they saw Karlie and not just another thin woman in California going for a morning walk or jog? I would imagine that's not a rare occurrence.

October 26, 2018
Karlie Gusé stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter

“Crime Stories'” Nancy Grace spoke exclusively with 16-year-old Karlie’s stepmother, Melissa Gusé, on Thursday. Mellisa was the last person to reportedly talk to the teen before she vanished. As CrimeOnline previously reported, Melissa said she picked Karlie up the night prior in “town,” miles away from the family’s rural home on the outskirts of Bishop. Karlie was then brought home, according to Melissa, near White Mountain Estate Road in Chalfant, which lies around 14 miles north of Bishop.

Melissa said her stepdaughter admitted to her that she had smoked marijuana on the evening of October 12 while out with her boyfriend and a few friends, and said the teen seemed disoriented and “acted paranoid” when she picked her up at around 8 p.m. The stepmom, who said Karlie was alone when she picked her up, stated she eventually she got the teen calm and even slept in her room with her all night to make sure she was OK.
Karlie Gusé stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter

Thank you.
Still strange that they said "might have had on a white t-shirt and gray sweat pants" If she was seen out that morning I wonder why they didn't say she was seen wearing that?
"Gray sweat pants and white t-shirt" is description provided after the fact by neighbors that allegedly saw KG in early morning. Step M previously told LE that KG was wearing skinny jeans when she went missing because that's what she normally wears. However, when KG was last seen in bed, she was wearing creme colored t-shirt and panties. (She wasn't wearing her jeans in bed).
Karlie Gusé stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter’s clothes

Last edited:
I don't find it that odd that a video might have been taken by mom.
I will shamelessly admit that I did take a short video of my daughter, when I picked her up at a party, and found her drunk as a skunk. lol---I can laugh now, but it was not funny to me at the time.
She thought it was funny and she was acting like a total IDIOT--she and her friend thought they were being 'cute' ---so I video' d it and showed them the next morning. They saw how ridiculous and non-cute they actually looked and it worked for me.
Not that she never drank at a teen party again---but she never tried to get totally smashed again because she didn't like what she looked like, as she watched it back.
Our video didn't end in a scuffle however....

Clarification on audio recorded by Melissa per bioM:

length is about 8 minute sound clip believed taken inside the house/bedroom, and "scuffle" was word bioM used to describe what she thought was the sound of blankets being shuffled.
IMO, this was poor choice of word. (10/25/18 Gray Hughes interviews bioM).

"Gray sweat pants and white t-shirt" is description provided after the fact by neighbors that allegedly saw KG in early morning. Step MG told LE that KG was wearing skinny jeans when she went missing because that's what she normally wears. However, when KG was last seen in bed, she was wearing creme colored t-shirt and panties. (She wasn't wearing her jeans in bed).
Karlie Gusé stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter’s clothes

This is so bizarre. So neighbors reported seeing a woman out walking or jogging in grey sweatpants and a white tshirt so the SM said "that's what she was wearing!" to make it a sighting? And now she says that wasn't what she was wearing? Ok.

This is so bizarre. So neighbors reported seeing a woman out walking or jogging in grey sweatpants and a white tshirt so the SM said "that's what she was wearing!" to make it a sighting? And now she says that wasn't what she was wearing? Ok.
Yup, SM revised her description to match the "sightings." Dad and SM interview on NG was nothing short of pulling teeth! MOO

Yup, SM revised her description to match the "sightings." Dad and SM interview on NG was nothing short of pulling teeth! MOO

For some reason, it will not play for me...
• What was Nancy Grace’s take on SM’s changing of the facts?
• Did Nancy Grace ask about SM’s car in shop?
• Did Nancy Grace ask if KG had been punished for smoking pot & phone taken away?
• Did Nancy Grace ask to listen to recording?
• Did Nancy Grace ask if your child is “out of it” why didn’t you take her to hospital?

TIA

Clarification on audio recorded by Melissa per bioM:

length is about 8 minute sound clip believed taken inside the house/bedroom, and "scuffle" was word bioM used to describe what she thought was the sound of blankets being shuffled.
IMO, this was poor choice of word. (10/25/18 Gray Hughes interviews bioM).
Did I understand correctly when SM told Nancy Grace that she didn’t tell police about and that they haven’t heard this audio? Don’t you think the first thing you’d tell the police is, “Look! This is how crazy she was acting! Find her!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli