CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they searched the house?
I think i recall the Bio Mom mentioning in the Gray Hughes interview that she arrived at the home of SM and Zach approx 9-10 hours after Karlie had gone missing and she heard the sheriff tell SM that they need to search the home. I remember Bio Mom being upset because this had not already been done after all the time they had already spent inside the home.
I would hope they did but judging how this investigation is going, i highly doubt if it was done at all, it was done properly. No one could ever really know for sure that early on what could have possibly occurred in that house, and given the circumstances, a thorough search of that home shouldve been conducted. It seems rather routine that this would take place. A good example for why this should happen would be the case of little Jonbenet Ramsey. Should a minor child go missing from the family home, a search of this home should always be a priority.
I dont see Karlie's disappearance getting this type of treatment. Ive seen so much time spent protecting the SM that the overall protection for Karlie was completely overlooked and neglected.
Seems the most simplest of tactics used in a missing persons investigation were not exercised in this case.

Very detailed article at link.

Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé

[...]

Despite an extensive air and ground search, an investigation by local law enforcement and the FBI, and nationwide publicity, no clues have surfaced in the mysterious case.

Last weekend the sheriff’s office in Mono County, California, which is leading the investigation, searched the desert with cadaver-sniffing dogs.

“The biggest clue in this case is that there’s no clue,” Sgt. Seth Clark said. “We think Karlie may still be out there.”

The sheriff’s office is treating the incident as a missing person case and said in a Facebook posting that there’s “no evidence of an abduction or any other crime.” But Karlie’s family suspects otherwise.

[...]

I have been away from WS for a long while but came back to read about Karlie.

Does anyone on this thread remember Hannah T-G (abbreviating her last name to respect her privacy) who went missing from southern OR and whose car was found abandoned in Mt Shasta CA a few year ago?

I bring her case up because there are similarities in the sense that she lived with one bio parent and step-parent full time with younger half siblings. There was tension in the household and even after many of us spent hours and hours pouring over evidence and photos of the car and were convinced that something nefarious had happened to her, it turned out she really had left voluntarily, had hitchhiked down I-5 away from her car and and eventually called her other bio-parent in TX from Santa Cruz CA to come home. She was gone a few months maybe? It was really one of the best possible outcomes and I just want to put hope out there that this could still be a possibility for Karlie too. <3

I’m not sure where I stand with Karlie’s case, but I was convinced something terrible had happened to HTG.

There IS hope that Karlie is out there.

I have been away from WS for a long while but came back to read about Karlie.

Does anyone on this thread remember Hannah T-G (abbreviating her last name to respect her privacy) who went missing from southern OR and whose car was found abandoned in Mt Shasta CA a few year ago?

I bring her case up because there are similarities in the sense that she lived with one bio parent and step-parent full time with younger half siblings. There was tension in the household and even after many of us spent hours and hours pouring over evidence and photos of the car and were convinced that something nefarious had happened to her, it turned out she really had left voluntarily, had hitchhiked down I-5 away from her car and and eventually called her other bio-parent in TX from Santa Cruz CA to come home. She was gone a few months maybe? It was really one of the best possible outcomes and I just want to put hope out there that this could still be a possibility for Karlie too. <3

I’m not sure where I stand with Karlie’s case, but I was convinced something terrible had happened to HTG.

There IS hope that Karlie is out there.

I agree. I also feel she left on her own. I am not a fan of SM; but I don't feel she did anything to hurt KG physically. But her constant changing stories are not helping find her for sure. I still don't think we have the entire truth about what went on that night.

I still think she didn't take her phone because she knew she could be tracked from it. These kids are very phone savy. Even if GPS is turned off all it takes is LE calling the phone provider and they can track the phone within minutes. I have seen it done

I believe kg got in trouble for smoking drunk dad upset parents teenager bad recipe she prob got her phone taken or gave it up with pride. Slept in underwear stop SM didn't know what she left in only assumed which may not be intentional. Anyway assuming an argument heated kg snuck out now we're here

I agree. I also feel she left on her own. I am not a fan of SM; but I don't feel she did anything to hurt KG physically. But her constant changing stories are not helping find her for sure. I still don't think we have the entire truth about what went on that night.

I still think she didn't take her phone because she knew she could be tracked from it. These kids are very phone savy. Even if GPS is turned off all it takes is LE calling the phone provider and they can track the phone within minutes. I have seen it done

I don't think she's necessarily hurt Karlie but I think she's definitely holding something back because it makes her look bad. Maybe they had an argument about her behaviour <modsnip - not victim friendly> and she stormed off. I could see why you'd keep something like that back as it doesn't look good when the person you just argued with goes missing.

It sounds like Karlie was in that rebellious phase with the pot smoking, getting suspended from school etc so it's not hard to imagine even the most calm of parents losing their temper. I'm sure most parents on here with teenagers have either reached that breaking point where they give their kid a slap or they've certainly been very close.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think she's necessarily hurt Karlie but I think she's definitely holding something back because it makes her look bad. Maybe they had an argument about her behaviour <modsnip - not victim friendly> and she stormed off. I could see why you'd keep something like that back as it doesn't look good when the person you just argued with goes missing.

It sounds like Karlie was in that rebellious phase with the pot smoking, getting suspended from school etc so it's not hard to imagine even the most calm of parents losing their temper. I'm sure most parents on here with teenagers have either reached that breaking point where they give their kid a slap or they've certainly been very close.

I never resorted to slapping my teenagers. What good would that do? It is not easy being a teenager.

I raised 4 and never slapped or hit them. But I am very patient. But I can easily see that happening.

I for sure think there was a huge argument/fight. Much bigger than SM has talked about.

That is what is so bad about her lying early on. Because then it is hard to believe anything she says.

I pray she left on her own and is hiding somewhere

I have friends who's step mothers were more like friends when we were teens. Soooo, IMO, speculation here, I wonder is it possible she went back out that night, not likely. OR, SM gave her permission to be somewhere she really should not have been, her dad would not allow. Is it possible SM was more lenient on Karlie. IMO it happens, step parents can be more lenient trying to win over a child or just get along. IMO possibilities abound, like allowing a friend or bf to sleep over, with no knowledge of the Dad, stay out later, go to parties or leave w/ those kids Dad and Mom would never approve etc. IMOO just speculation and possible scenarios for why SM has been wonky with her story. There may be a less sinister possibility Imo if its other than trying not to embarrass Karlie. I hope it's nothing sinister.

IMO, SM is incapable of keeping quiet, and will continue talking until she incriminates the person(s) responsible for KG disappearance. I think LE has much more going on than the public aware. FBI joined investigation early, and I believe KG will be recovered shortly after reasonable cause arrest. MOO

I believe you are right. Im convinced that an arrest will be taking place and KG will be recovered soon after.

I never resorted to slapping my teenagers. What good would that do? It is not easy being a teenager.

Even the most placid and calm of people can reach breaking point. Teenagers know exactly what buttons to press to get a rise out of mum or dad and some of them end up striking their kid. Most who do this are immediately remorseful and apologetic and would never dream of doing it 99.9% of the time but it happens from time to time because people are human and reach breaking point.

I should also clear up that it was never my intention to suggest that SM has hurt Karlie and that's why she's missing and in hindsight I should have expanded on my post to make that clear.

Basically something went down and it's something that makes SM look bad which is why we've had all the story telling. As far as I see it there's limited scenarios of what that something could be. It begs the question whether LE know this and they're biding their time or whether they're completely oblivious to what everyone else can see clear as day.

Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé

Grain of salt, yes, but definitely an account that finally makes some sense out of SM and Dads most recent version of events, regardless true or not.

The SM's various misconceptions are impossible to dismiss, and as result, are forever engraved in my mind. When i was listening to them discuss their accounts leading up to Karlie's disappearance I was constantly confused by everything they were claiming, then changing. I immediately thought SM was somehow responsible for Karlie disappearing due to her constant display of unnecessary dramatics and her many retracted statements.

I must say, though this article was actually very informative, its too bad it came much too late. If i would have read something like this in the beginning, and SM didnt run off at the mouth then Id have a very different take on this case. However, after the number of inconsistancies said by SM, and the period of time elapsed since Karlie's disappearance, its only about time that SM and dad have finally come up with a believable story. Took long enough, but, too little, too late.

From what I gathered here, looks as though there was only one confirmed witness, not four, and its the jacuzzi man, said to be a retired LA County Sheriff and neighbor to the Guse's. However, nothing was mentioned about the piece of paper she had in her hand as he had supposedly reported to SM. I guess she's expecting everyone to forget she ever made that detail up, much like every other word that had initially come out of her mouth. Maybe Chalfant Valley has a soft spot for her but i cant find it in myself to relate to their feelings.

As for Madelyn Lingenfelter's disappearance, I have been following her case since the day she went missing. I just cant see any connection between Karlie and Maddy's cases. Sounds like more nonsense SM and dad are throwing out there to keep the spotlight from landing on them. IMO, Maddy was severely depressed and i believe that she took her own life. I cannot see any relation whatsoever with these two cases, and i have no clue why anyone would even think that. Deflection at its best.
Grain of salt, yes, but definitely an account that finally makes some sense out of SM and Dads most recent version of events, regardless true or not.

The SM's various misconceptions are impossible to dismiss, and as result, are forever engraved in my mind. When i was listening to them discuss their accounts leading up to Karlie's disappearance I was constantly confused by everything they were claiming, then changing. I immediately thought SM was somehow responsible for Karlie disappearing due to her constant display of unnecessary dramatics and her many retracted statements.

I must say, though this article was actually very informative, its too bad it came much too late. If i would have read something like this in the beginning, and SM didnt run off at the mouth then Id have a very different take on this case. However, after the number of inconsistancies said by SM, and the period of time elapsed since Karlie's disappearance, its only about time that SM and dad have finally come up with a believable story. Took long enough, but, too little, too late.

From what I gathered here, looks as though there was only one confirmed witness, not four, and its the jacuzzi man, said to be a retired LA County Sheriff and neighbor to the Guse's. However, nothing was mentioned about the piece of paper she had in her hand as he had supposedly reported to SM. I guess she's expecting everyone to forget she ever made that detail up, much like every other word that had initially come out of her mouth. Maybe Chalfant Valley has a soft spot for her but i cant find it in myself to relate to their feelings.

As for Madelyn Lingenfelter's disappearance, I have been following her case since the day she went missing. I just cant see any connection between Karlie and Maddy's cases. Sounds like more nonsense SM and dad are throwing out there to keep the spotlight from landing on them. IMO, Maddy was severely depressed and i believe that she took her own life. I cannot see any relation whatsoever with these two cases, and i have no clue why anyone would even think that. Deflection at its best.

I cant see a viable connection between the two cases. There has never been any reference made by LE that has indicated that Maddy met with foul play. I really doubt this speculation.

And now the dads story changed? Initially he was said to be passed out drunk and had no knowledge of what happened when Karlie came home?

I just can’t understand the constantly evolving stories
In first posting the Las Vegas Review Journal's undated article By Doug Kari Special to the Review-Journal, I probably should have added a disclaimer that the author is NOT a reporter and/or journalist. He's an attorney and writer. IMO, the article was probably commissioned as a PR piece and/or damage control after the reaction to the SM and Dad earlier accounts. I also agree that reference to Maddy is a detractor. (From the footer of article: Doug Kari is an attorney and writer in Lone Pine, California).

Last edited:
Yes, its true. Watched it on Gray Hughes Investigations live discussion on Karlie Guse.

I feel bad for the searchers getting so much grief. They should have been told what do do if they found any evidence; and to call LE. Not everyone automatically knows not to touch something they find.

I know from experience it is a lot of time and expense to trailer a bunch of horses and riders out and search. They should get some respect for trying to help! Not all this back lash for not knowing what to do.

I feel bad for the searchers getting so much grief. They should have been told what do do if they found any evidence; and to call LE. Not everyone automatically knows not to touch something they find.

I know from experience it is a lot of time and expense to trailer a bunch of horses and riders out and search. They should get some respect for trying to help! Not all this back lash for not knowing what to do.

Where are they getting backlash? In that video? I'm not going to watch a 2 hour video of some guy streaming.

Is there any MSM article about the search and what was found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz