Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,” said Marika Veck. “All signs point that somebody took her and probably drugged her and has her.”
so I'm a Truckee person. I'm not sure who exactly Marika Veck is but this has been my intuition from the beginning.

It's obvious from everything being reported that Kiely is a very conscientious, stays connected, communicating regularly person. and even when reportedly inebriated was still doing things like texting her mom and charging her phone.

The most likely scenario IMO is that someone took her phone and either turned it off or destroyed it (like throwing it in the lake). It makes zero sense that she either let the battery die or stopped communicating or turned it off. Totally out of character from everything that's been reported. If she had control over it, it would have kept pinging.

Intuition says she was taken by "professionals" who knew how to make sure she wouldn't be traced.

I think the best chance they have of finding out where someone took her is homeowner cameras, anything that records any of the roads.

The campsite is very remote, without lights and seemingly without any surveillance cameras for miles around. All someone had to do to take her was sit in the back of her car until she returned or otherwise commandeer the vehicle without her attracting attention.

JMO. Unless a witness can identify the men Veck mentioned, I think the best chance is finding the car on video surveillance from the early hours of August 6.

It's unfortunate an Amber alert wasn't issued immediately. OTH by the time they realized she was missing, she may already have been moved quite a distance, and the car can be sitting in a garage somewhere. If it is professionals they surely changed the license plate.

Kiely had been excited to attend the party after graduating early from high school. Aged 16, she was younger than most of the kids graduating.

'I last saw her on Friday morning, she was going to meet us to go to a vintage car show but then she changed her mind and wanted to go to this party instead.

Anna Larson is the mother of one of Kiely's best friends, and is also Lindsey's best friend.

'We don't know if it was someone who was attending the party or a predator. We also don't know if there's someone she planned to go and meet who we don't know about yet. It is a nightmare.'

Says she doesn't know if family hotel had any guests staying at the time, and that the parents keep Kiely apart from guests as a 'rule'. Cops are not, however, pursuing that as a line of inquiry – at least not yet.
1660530307582.jpeg

so I'm a Truckee person. I'm not sure who exactly Marika Veck is but this has been my intuition from the beginning.

It's obvious from everything being reported that Kiely is a very conscientious, stays connected, communicating regularly person. and even when reportedly inebriated was still doing things like texting her mom and charging her phone.

The most likely scenario IMO is that someone took her phone and either turned it off or destroyed it (like throwing it in the lake). It makes zero sense that she either let the battery die or stopped communicating or turned it off. Totally out of character from everything that's been reported. If she had control over it, it would have kept pinging.

Intuition says she was taken by "professionals" who knew how to make sure she wouldn't be traced.

I think the best chance they have of finding out where someone took her is homeowner cameras, anything that records any of the roads.

The campsite is very remote, without lights and seemingly without any surveillance cameras for miles around. All someone had to do to take her was sit in the back of her car until she returned or otherwise commandeer the vehicle without her attracting attention.

JMO. Unless a witness can identify the men Veck mentioned, I think the best chance is finding the car on video surveillance from the early hours of August 6.

It's unfortunate an Amber alert wasn't issued immediately. OTH by the time they realized she was missing, she may already have been moved quite a distance, and the car can be sitting in a garage somewhere. If it is professionals they surely changed the license plate.
Who is Marika Veck and what is their verified connection to this case.

Sorry to be critical, but the allegation of Marika Veck and of this magnitude needs to be verified.

JMO

Last edited:
Her mom knew something was wrong when she texted her at 11:30? First time I heard that. Is this a typo? Misquote?
Often times a reporter will reach a bit far to get the attention, i.e.: ratings... Those words came from the reporter, NOT Lindsey.
The pre-arranged be-home deadline was 12:30 am. Kiely asked for a 15 minute extension. It was a text message. Lindsey mentioned they typically text a lot.

Who is Marika Veck and what is their verified connection to this case.

Sorry to be critical, but an allegation of this magnitude needs to be verified.

JMO
I agree. Verification would be good. She has been quoted in several articles with specificity about her age.

Other than that, I can only comment on the reported facts of Kiely's typical behavior including her behavior that night up until a very abrupt "radio silence" shortly after midnight.

and my personal knowledge of the campsite, where I believe an abduction under those circumstances would not have been difficult.

It's not far fetched at all to think predators may have seen the advertisements for a high school party and sought a crime of opportunity.

but I agree. can anyone find more verification of Marika Veck?

Oh I found a similar name on our local social media. I think Veck is a typo name is Beck

Last edited:
Interview with Kiely's Mum and Step-dad.

Reporter - Kiely's mum says the last time she heard from her daughter was at the party, when Kiely sent her a text saying she was getting ready to leave, and Lindsey, her mum, said she knew something was wrong.

Kiely's mum and step-dad, Tony, spoke to me about their daughter, who she is as a person, how they're getting through this last week plus, going into 2 weeks, excruciating days, and those working countless hours to try to find their daughter.

Tell me Lindsey - What has it been like in terms of the authorities? and who's involved now in the search?

Mum - We have, it seems, like a very extensive collaboration of local, state and federal authorities that have been working together since, at least, Monday, days are blending. Everyone's on the same page, everybody is working tirelessly and together, and from our standpoint it feels good to see the connection and the collaboration between all of the different agencies that are here.

Reporter - You know Lindsey, I can't even put myself in your shoes. I'm thankful that you're speaking to us and I hope we get this out there, and it must feel surreal, like you're floating here and not knowing what will happen next.

Tony, this was a senior party, as I understand, we were talking earlier, do any of the kids know anything, or are they speaking out?

Step-dad - Some of the kids are, some of the kids aren't. We're trying to get to the kids that aren't speaking, because they're the ones that have the story that we need. We're trying to get....

Reporter - Sorry to interrupt, do you think they do know more? Describe the community for those of us who don't know - Is it tight-knit? Does everyone know of people, at least, that they didn't know exactly who it was? The party was what 200, 300 people?

Step-dad - Yeah, from my understanding, there was a really big party and there was people from all over. So, it's you know....we are a small, tight knit community. We are also hugely accessed from a lot of other really big communities very easily. So, with social media the way it is these days, it's very easy for anybody to find out where these kids could be hanging out.

Reporter - And Lindsey, tell us about the last communication you had with Kiely, your daughter. You were texting right?

Mum - Yeah, we were texting. We text a lot throughout, you know, through every day. We have a lot of communication between the two of us. The very last text that I got from her, was at 11.30, the night of the party, saying that she was planning on leaving in about 45 minutes, and would be heading home. One of the reasons, even that she had sent that text then, was because originally we had planned, and agreed upon, a 12.30 curfew for the night, and so, leaving at 12.15 would have put her home at about 12.45 instead. And she wa...is so good at always reaching out and checking in, that she did that just to let me know that she was just planning on being 13 minutes late.

Reporter - And you said be careful, like all mum's do, and how did she respond?

Mum - She said 'I will momma, I love you'.

Reporter - How Lindsey, are you getting through the day? Is the focus on the search, of course, and like Tony said, I mean, there's so much with social media, that hopefully you can piece together some of the pieces.

Mum - Yeah, I get through the days with the support of my community, my family, my friends, my faith, I hope. My knowledge that the reason that we have not found anything is not for a lack of resources or effort, or want. I....

Reporter - Lindsey, we've seen her image, the nation has seen Kiely - Describe her personality, what she's like.

Mum - She's wonderful, she's funny and smart, and tenacious, a little bit of a spitfire. She's everything that is wonderful about a teenage girl. She is turning into this strong woman with her own thoughts and convictions and she's not afraid to share those. She is open and loving to everyone. I was just talking with somebody else about her connection to so so so many people across the board and whatever that is. She has so many interests that she can make quick connections with pretty much anybody she meets, almost immediately, whether it's talking about food and baking recipes, or it's about hockey, or it's about playing the violin, or where it's about country music, where it's about.....

Step-dad - Cars and....

Mum - Cars, yeah. Her driving show mobiles, going fishing and camping, you know, going into the city, visiting museums. Yeah she....

Reporter - 16 years old. What are her plans? I'm trying to picture myself at that age, at this party. You never think anything could happen. Did she have plans the next day, and what did it look like after graduation? What were the plans leading up to that?

Mum - Yeah, so her plans - She did have plans for the next day, she was going to be going camping with three other kids. We had actually talked about even those plans on Friday morning, the last time that I saw her, that we checked in. And her plans for the future, because she has so many interests about so many things really, her two primary interests and passions are science and music, and so she still is in the process of deciding if she wants to pursue a career in medicine - being a surgeon, or if she wants to pursue a career in music and both of them, you know, we have been supporting her, in just this journey, of finding what path forward will fulfil her most, and her spirit as a human in life.

Reporter - She just sounds like a wonderful person, as I know she is. Tony, when the cameras aren't around and...are you piecing together, kind of, her closest friends? Have you been in contact with them? Are they giving you any hope here?

(Mum starts to speak)

Step-dad - Yeah, we are all kind of giving each other hope. We lean against each other to help get through this tough time.

Reporter - Go ahead Lindsey, sorry.

Mum - Her dear dear friends are dear to us and dear to our heart and close. We're keeping, as Tony was saying, we're all staying close together right now and sharing love and sharing stories, and sharing laughter and tears.

Reporter - And I did read that there's kind of like a teen group, am I right? searching for her? Like, a group of teens, and I believe it was someone, the local authority was saying, that he found that promising.

Mum - Yeah, the teen response in this area, in our community, has been overwhelming. I think that these teenagers who are are coming forward, at large, are doing so from this well of courage that they're drawing from within themselves. And I think that, you know, that our youth deserve a lot of praise and recognition that they're coming forward in a very courageous way. This is hard for everyone and you know, it's scary to do hard things sometimes. It's scary to....it's scary to face this, head on, and they are doing so like champions.

Reporter - And, I would say, just speaking to both of you, that you both are too. There really are no words to say. I hope that we can get the word out here, and our love and thoughts are with you both and we hope that Kiely comes home soon. Thank you.

That just doesn't fit with any plausible scenario though.

She's abducted or something, then someone takes her phone to a party and gets people to lie about seeing her there.

Just doesn't work for me, and I'm sure law enforcement knows things that we don't, and has spoken to people providing accounts that we haven't heard about.
BBM
Both comments back each other up.
Kids are coming forward.
LE does know things we don't.

Question for you all—
What if LE does know more, but what they know at this point leads them to believe she did have a car accident on the way home, either leaving the road on land or in water, and has yet to be found.
IF that is/were the case, would LE continue to issue the statements, every day, urging teenagers and anyone else with information to come forward? It seems they are still actively pursuing gathering of witness information, such as the addition of the central website a couple days ago where people can upload pictures or videos.

But honestly, I genuinely am wondering because I can’t quite figure it out in my own head one way or another, from the LE statements, press conferences, media reports, etc- do you think LE has reason to believe foul play vs car accident chances are at least 50/50? Or, do they believe accident is most likely, and they’re just covering all investigative bases by urging/pleading for more info and witnesses to come forward?

This is new ! If Kiely had her own sweatshirt, why borrow the Lana del Rey one?
Does she own this one I wonder, or maybe it's also borrowed if the owner of the black one needed it back?

Based on what I know about teen girls, I wouldn’t read too much into this. My nieces are always borrowing each others clothes, their friends clothes, etc. without a second thought to it. I tend to believe they’re releasing this because a statement from someone who said they let her borrow it,
or video/pics they’ve received in the last day or so have shown her in this hoodie so they need to get it out there to the public to BOLO.

I agree. Verification would be good. She has been quoted in several articles with specificity about her age.

Other than that, I can only comment on the reported facts of Kiely's typical behavior including her behavior that night up until a very abrupt "radio silence" shortly after midnight.

and my personal knowledge of the campsite, where I believe an abduction under those circumstances would not have been difficult.

It's not far fetched at all to think predators may have seen the advertisements for a high school party and sought a crime of opportunity.

Oh I found a similar name on our local social media. I think Veck is a typo name is Beck

Thank you for offering your ongoing insight and opinion. I truly appreciate that.

I do believe this case will only be solved with information provided from those local and those that were at the party.

I hope and pray Kiely is found soon.

#FindKiely

JMO

Question for you all—
What if LE does know more, but what they know at this point leads them to believe she did have a car accident on the way home, either leaving the road on land or in water, and has yet to be found.
IF that is/were the case, would LE continue to issue the statements, every day, urging teenagers and anyone else with information to come forward? It seems they are still actively pursuing gathering of witness information, such as the addition of the central website a couple days ago where people can upload pictures or videos.

But honestly, I genuinely am wondering because I can’t quite figure it out in my own head one way or another, from the LE statements, press conferences, media reports, etc- do you think LE has reason to believe foul play vs car accident chances are at least 50/50? Or, do they believe accident is most likely, and they’re just covering all investigative bases by urging/pleading for more info and witnesses to come forward?
So they've said consistently that they are treating this as a possible abduction because her car was missing. If evidence materialized that conclusively proved an abduction occurred, I have no doubt they would make the public aware of that.

I continue to believe an accident is overwhelmingly likely, and that law enforcement believes the same (the extensive ground, aerial, and water searches).

But even though something is overwhelmingly likely, doesn't mean they are willing to go all-in on that.

In the off chance an abduction did occur, they only have once chance to get it right, and gather all the evidence they can (witness statements, video, etc).

That's why I fully expect them to keep pushing forward with public appeals, and to use your phrase, are "covering their bases."

Question for you all—

It's 12 miles from the campsite to the lodge where I'm guessing her family lives nearby? the house actually is up for sale and indicates online that all 4 bedrooms are rent-able. so it's my guess and I might be wrong that the family doesn't live in the rent-able lodge but nearby. maybe someone has researched this.

It's my understanding that LE has exhaustively searched that 12 mile route. It's true we have some rough terrain in Truckee but I think they would have found her if she crashed within that 12 mile route. She could have taken some back roads and even still with this much searching I think it's a very high probability they would have found her. There are some remote sections of that route near the campground, on Alder Creek Drive, and past the lake closer to her home. Of course sometimes people do turn up hidden like that heat stroke runner. but they have done a LOT of searching.

I don't think any of her actions leading up to 12:33 am are consistent with her being so inebriated that she would have turned another direction entirely. JMO. She's charging her phone, texting her mom, etc.

Drove into water? I guess it's theoretically possible but I think that would have been far more likely to catch attention than an abduction in the woods in the dark or someone lying in wait in or next to her car.

*There’s a teacher in the area with the same name…

Marika Beck, who is friends with Rodni’s mom Lindsey, fears she may have been trafficked.

Marika Beck, 42, is best friends with Kiely’s devastated mother Lindsey and said she is “shattering in a free fall” but trying to stay strong and did not feel okay to talk late last night following a long day of searching.

“We have been told she may have been with one or more older boys. Around 12.30am, these guys, possibly from Reno showed up and it got kind of weird,” she said.

“A lot of the younger teens chose to leave at this time. It was meant to be just teens in the woods, they party there all the time, it’s unregulated and it’s not a campground.

“There is drinking and stuff, it’s really unfortunate. It is a parent’s worst nightmare and we’re just trying to get her home.

“A lot of people have come forward saying they were with her at that party, but they had already left before she had because of this new element that came in.

“We’re really concerned she’s been taken out of state, potentially trafficked and heading to the borders, so if we can get the borders actively locked down and patrolled for every *advertiser censored**ing car that goes through there, it’s very likely she’s still in the car because they haven’t found it.”

Last edited:
So they do have video of Kiely at the party. I’m trying to understand why they are showing us a picture of a sweatshirt and not just show the video of Kiely. Others that were at the party might be able to identify themselves in a video. If they were nearby her, but just didn’t know her, they may see the video and their memories could be jogged to recall additional details. Yet we get a photo of a shirt. Odd.

So they do have video of Kiely at the party. I’m trying to understand why they are showing us a picture of a sweatshirt and not just show the video of Kiely. Others that were at the party might be able to identify themselves in a video. If they were nearby her, but just didn’t know her, they may see the video and their memories could be jogged to recall additional details. Yet we get a photo of a shirt. Odd.

Maybe the video of Kiely is not very clear or would not be helpful, in terms of identifying a missing person. I think someone mentioned upthread and it hasn’t been mentioned again as far as I’ve seen but is a very good point- it’s possible LE likely can’t or doesn’t want to release photos/videos with identifiable faces or individuals in them because they are minors and potentially seen in photo/video doing things minors aren’t legally allowed to do. Either way- I don’t know the legality of it, but posting non-consentual photos of minors in general seems a bit risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner