Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read about another young lady, Camille Clemmer who is missing in Ceres, CA, approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive from Truckee. Camille and Kiely have almost identical features, long blonde hair, tall and have both vanished in thin air. Remember it took a long time to connect all of Ted Bundys' victims to him. Food for thought. So sad! :(
It’s definitely food for thought, because as you point out in the case of Ted Bundy, these connections can only be seen in retrospect, after a considerable amount of time has passed. Hopefully not, but it’s not impossible.

Last edited:
I suppose she may have hit the microphone and dictated a voice text, though if she were slurring her words that still could have come out garbled. Or perhaps if she did that, somehow the auto-correct fixed the message enough that her mom wasn't alarmed.

I have no idea, I'm just pondering about another option regarding what you posted. I'd been wondering the same thing.
Yes, I also had wondered if someone had made the text for her.

It looks like in Nevada there is a company that captures and archives traffic cams footage. Prob illegal in CA?

This would capture a vehicle that took I80 east, OR Prosser=>Verdi Peak=> Reno. You have to get back on I-80 near the state line. Looks like there could also be camera footage on 395 in the case the car went north and then back down to Reno. Anyone have a subscription here?
Wow... this is great. If someone has a lot of time, they should watch the hours of footage. You never know...

Thank you for posting!

Read through the previous threads yesterday, watched the interview this morning, and these are the things that are bugging me:

Phone charging: It struck me as odd that SS kept making a point to mention that they (and some unnamed others?) went to KR's car to charge their cell phones at 11PM. (LINK, LINK) How is this event relevant to the disappearance, and if it's not, why does she keep bringing it up? Is this to establish why other people's prints or DNA would be in KR's vehicle?

Curfew: The text to KR's mom was sent at 11:30PM, asking her to extend her curfew until 12:30AM (LINK). KR's friend EP says she saw KR around midnight (LINK), which would indicate that the text was likely sent by KR, but to get home by curfew, she should have left at 12:15AM. She thought to ask her mom for a curfew extension, so why wouldn't she didn't call her mom to ask for a ride or to let her know she was going to be late?

More phone inconsistencies: SS claims she said goodbye to KR in person on her way out at 12:25AM (LINK), but then eleven minutes later, at 12:36AM, SS says KR called from the party (LINK) asking "Hey, where are you?" (LINK)? SS refers to this as "the last call anybody had with her" (LINK) - but how would she know that? And why didn't SS have her ride also drive KR home, knowing she was too drunk to drive? Also keep in mind, according to LP, the last time KR's phone was on was 12:33AM (LINK), and then it "went dead" (LINK).

Right, but in Nevada they are recorded. So, 395 and I-80 in Nevada can be looked at. I found a number of recording that are available for $250 per hour form 12 am - 6 am along both roads. I don't have the deep pockets to buy the recordings and actually watch, but hopefully someone has. It would at least be something to rule out. teh preview clips sem pretty grainy at night, but who knows.
I'm sure LE already got their hands on these recordings. As civilians, we need access to the free options. "National Traffic Video," a Las Vegas-based company, does have a free search option. I haven't had any luck finding anything on their site that would help, unfortunately.

Hi All, per my earlier message about archived video images form the NV/CA border, I have been in touch with the company and they are goign to make the video available for public review. I am hoping to get a bunch of you committed to watching the footage to see if we see anything.

The company said they would put the requested archival footage on a server and provide a link. I have asked for three cameras along I-80 near the CA border and one camera on 395.

I have never done anything like this, maybe a MOD (or someone more familiar with this site) can help. Maybe we can set up a designated thread to link to videos and provide any notes on reviewed footage? Hoping a bit of citizen sleuthing can turn something. Who is up for it?

It is a long shot, but maybe there could be a clue that at least broadens the search area.

Hi All, per my earlier message about archived video images form the NV/CA border, I have been in touch with the company and they are goign to make the video available for public review. I am hoping to get a bunch of you committed to watching the footage to see if we see anything.

The company said they would put the requested archival footage on a server and provide a link. I have asked for three cameras along I-80 near the CA border and one camera on 395.

I have never done anything like this, maybe a MOD (or someone more familiar with this site) can help. Maybe we can set up a designated thread to link to videos and provide any notes on reviewed footage? Hoping a bit of citizen sleuthing can turn something. Who is up for it?

It is a long shot, but maybe there could be a clue that at least broadens the search area.
You are absolutely AMAZING!!! I can't swear on these forums... but that is absolutely "f"abulous.

I'm sure LE already got their hands on these recordings. As civilians, we need access to the free options. "National Traffic Video," a Las Vegas-based company, does have a free search option. I haven't had any luck finding anything on their site that would help, unfortunately.

You are absolutely AMAZING!!! I can't swear on these forums... but that is absolutely "f"abulous.
I was amazed at how responsive the company was, so thanks to them! I will post links as I receive them. Again, looking for help to make this work efficiently.

More phone inconsistencies: SS claims she said goodbye to KR in person on her way out at 12:25AM (LINK), but then eleven minutes later, at 12:36AM, SS says KR called from the party (LINK) asking "Hey, where are you?" (LINK)? SS refers to this as "the last call anybody had with her" (LINK) - but how would she know that? And why didn't SS have her ride also drive KR home, knowing she was too drunk to drive? Also keep in mind, according to LP, the last time KR's phone was on was 12:33AM (LINK), and then it "went dead" (LINK).
Wait, is that true?!?! The phone died at 12:33 but SS says she received a call from KR at 12:36? That’s a HUGE red flag that something isn’t right here.

Read through the previous threads yesterday, watched the interview this morning, and these are the things that are bugging me:

Phone charging: It struck me as odd that SS kept making a point to mention that they (and some unnamed others?) went to KR's car to charge their cell phones at 11PM. (LINK, LINK) How is this event relevant to the disappearance, and if it's not, why does she keep bringing it up? Is this to establish why other people's prints or DNA would be in KR's vehicle?

Curfew: The text to KR's mom was sent at 11:30PM, asking her to extend her curfew until 12:30AM (LINK). KR's friend EP says she saw KR around midnight (LINK), which would indicate that the text was likely sent by KR, but to get home by curfew, she should have left at 12:15AM. She thought to ask her mom for a curfew extension, so why wouldn't she didn't call her mom to ask for a ride or to let her know she was going to be late?

Frankly, the only verified information in this post is that the last time Kiely's phone was on was at 12:33 am. None of the rest of it is confirmed by LE anywhere.

Statements to media given by various people may or may not be true and should not be taken as gospel until LE confirms it, in my opinion.

SS said in one of her interviews that there were a ”few” other “friends” in the car with her and Kiely when they went to charge their phones, etc. This comment definitely raised a red flag for me. Who were these “friends?” I’m sure LE is on it.
I’m wondering if “charging their phones” was used as a euphemism or teminological inexactitude to hide the fact that they may have been using some drugs in KR’s car.
If this is what they were doing in lieu of charging their phones, it might explain why KR’s phone went dead an hour and a half later.
ETA I think LE is now well aware of who was in the car that night and has hopefully questioned each one carefully.

Last edited:

Another inconsistency that sticks o ut to me. KR messages mom to extend curfew (responsible) but SS says that KR said she was staying at the campground overnight. WHY then would she call so late to extend curfew?

Count me in! I'm more than happy to help.

Thanks @wnk. These things bug me too. I am trying hard to simultaneously catch up on Thread #1 and keep current on now Thread #3. So forgive me if I am not quite up to par with everyone else. Here are some other things that bug me:

1. What was KR's history of following through on her plans for late night returns from parties? IOW, does she have a history of saying one thing to her Mom (or friends) and doing something else? Or does she usually stay true to her word?
We'll never know, but hopefully LE does. If the former, then it is more possible KR could have decided to go off to another party; if the later, then it is more possible she had a fatal accident between the campground and home.

2. How many people at the party knew KR? Was it just SS and perhaps a few others, or did she have a wide net of friends attending the party - people who cared about her and her whereabouts and who she was associating with?
Again, we'll likely never be privy to the answer, but if she had only a handful of friends at the party, then the odds of people remembering her leaving or being with a set of strangers are much lower than if she had many friends there.

3. What have other girls or women who attended the party reported about being approached by aggressive or strange men, perhaps offering them drugs or seeking to engage with them intimately? Was there someone trying to lure females?
If not, IMO, the odds that something nefarious happened to KR are lower than if other females reported inappropriate or threatening behavior by a male or a variety of males (or other females, I suppose) at the party.

Where are KR's favorite party hang outs in Tahoe / Reno / Bay Area locales? I'm sure LE is all over that already, but if KR left the party on her own and was able to drive somewhere else (defying what she promised her Mom and SS) then we'd have a new ground zero to start a search or alternatively, new routes to explore for an accident on her way there.
If KR really wasn't an avid party gal and did not have a variety of haunts to 'play', then the odds are greater she had a tragic accident on her direct way home. But if she had lots of playgrounds and defied her Mom routinely (back to item #1), then there is a very wide area of geography to explore and scenarios to investigate, which will hinder the search.

I can't imagine the anguish of her family and friends. This story resonates with me because this story could have been about me 45 years ago. I took many risks. And a peer in my town disappeared just like KR and has never been found.

All IMO of course. My heart hopes KR is found very soon.

It’s definitely food for thought, because as you point out in the case of Ted Bundy, these connections can only be seen in retrospect, after a considerable amount of time has passed. Hopefully not, but it’s not impossible.
I believe there was a car accident and Kiely will be found eventually, but if we’re throwing out young white girls who disappeared you can add karlie guse to that list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone