Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6) final ping from KR's phone at 12:33am from party location (near water and land)

7) KR may have gone somewhere after the Posser Camp party (not to home?)
SBM. Only speculating here. IF she made it out of the camping area on her own, why did her phone go dark at the party location? What are the chances that the battery died when she decided to leave? What are the chances that she turned the phone off? To me it seems the most likely that she had an accident in the general area OR something nefarious happened.

SBM. Only speculating here. IF she made it out of the camping area on her own, why did her phone go dark at the party location? What are the chances that the battery died when she decided to leave? What are the chances that she turned the phone off? To me it seems the most likely that she had an accident in the general area OR something nefarious happened.
IF her phone were dying, it makes total sense why she would text her mom she was leaving in 45 minutes and didn’t text her again when she was actually leaving

jmo, but I don't think this is connected in any way. The man is the woman's ex bf, which alone is odd, but fyi.
No, I don’t think so either. I just thought it was ironic that that event took place the same weekend. KR’s mom and step dad attended. It is said the event draws a very loud, large, and varied crowd. No shortage of strangers in the general area.

"Kiely normally has a curfew to be home by 11.30pm but sometimes messages asking to stay out until 12.30am if she is at a party.

“We always grant that. She never misses a curfew and if she is going to be late she’ll call or text to let us know,” said Ms Rodni-Nieman. "

OK, so she txted mom at 11:30 pm to say she would be late. Sounds OK.
Said she would leave at 12:15am. OK
Last ping picked up at 12:30am...

How long would it take her to get home?
How far away was she from home?
Did she ever hang out at this park before?
How many of the 200-300 people at this party did she know? - big red flag to me

If her last ping was 12:30am, it is unlikely she was on her way home, as she should have left already. I think someone at that party knows something.

The thing with hiding her Honda is someone also could have driven it, and Kiely, right out of the area. "Hey, you're in no state to drive. Let me have your keys. So and so can follow us. We will make sure you get home OK." She might have been tired, figured her mom already went to bed, etc. Possible?

Predators working together isn't new....
I think its simpler than that, one or two people who may have seen her stumbling towards her car wait for her to get in and accost her, show a gun, and force their way in and force her to drive away.

Driving for 1 hr at 60 mph will get you 60 miles away, IMHO thats probabaly where they went, at least 60 miles away... thats where they need to start looking. I don't believe she will be found at the camp.

OK, so she txted mom at 11:30 pm to say she would be late. Sounds OK.
Said she would leave at 12:15am. OK
Last ping picked up at 12:30am...

How long would it take her to get home?
How far away was she from home?
Did she ever hang out at this park before?
How many of the 200-300 people at this party did she know? - big red flag to me

If her last ping was 12:30am, it is unlikely she was on her way home, as she should have left already. I think someone at that party knows something.
Maybe she dropped her phone. Phone dies, she drives off, loses control somewhere along the way. A lot of times I keep my phone in my back pocket, I don't know how many times I have dropped it while sliding into my car.

I was wondering about the “Lord of The Flies” comment and the organized fights. We’re the fights male and female?

It may be that I don’t see the social media from that area but I am not seeing much in information or even speculation outside what little has been mentioned here. Too quiet almost.

Maybe she dropped her phone. Phone dies, she drives off, loses control somewhere along the way. A lot of times I keep my phone in my back pocket, I don't know how many times I have dropped it while sliding into my car.
I have kids at home about her age. They NEVER let their phone battery run dead. They live on their phones and manage to charge them accordingly, or cut back on their usage to prevent total drain.
If her phone fell out, it would have continued to ping the tower even with a 1% charge.
I suspect the phone was turned off, or it went into the water. By herself?

That's why I am curious about how familiar she was with her surroundings. She seems a bit young to me at 16 to be hanging out in a campground at midnight with 200-300 other people.
How good of a driver was she, didn't she just get her license at 16? She could have just driven into the lake by accident. Especially if she was drinking.
Do we know if she was drinking or high?

@@download.pdf (fbi.gov)
Kiely Mai Rodni was last seen near the Prosser Lake Campground in Truckee, California. She attended a large party there and was last seen on August 6, 2022, at approximately 12:30 a.m. Her vehicle, a 2013 silver Honda CRV with license plate 8YUR127, is also missing. Kiely was last seen wearing a black spaghettistrap bodysuit, green Dickies brand pants with a black grommet belt, and black Vans brand shoes. She was in possession of a dark gray Lana Del Ray hoodie. If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine