Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past several days we have received duplicate tips from citizens, and it has slowed our detectives down from pursuing credible leads. Please read full post here: http://shorturl.at/dOT13 #FindKiely #PCSO
Afbeelding

10:35 p.m. · 18 aug. 2022·

First they plea for the community to sent in tips, even stating adults are holding it back, now the tips are slowing them down. It's complicated for LE, I don't envy them...of course people want to know what happened with their tips and LE can't answer to everything they followed up or

Also they now have a lot more experience with where to tow the unit and read the scans. Even sophisticated LE dive teams are often volunteer or part-time. I imagine LE around Lake Tahoe get more experience, but Truckee might not?

The infographic posted just slightly upthread indicates dive team is Placer County Sheriff’s dive team today.
With AWP coming in, I expected we'd see Placer Co. make a team available.

I don't know all the details, does LE or the friends have any solid ideas who the out of towners were? Probably not if party was posted on social media, so many random people could've showed up.

I imagine LE are trying for a cell phone dump of #s that pinged in the area? I don't know if they legally can at this point though.

A thought: I wonder if there was anyone of interest on the store security footage and then also at the party? Vehicles outside, that sort of thing.

Commenting on Kiely saying she was going to get "So effed up" made me think of this.

I wonder who purchased the alcohol she had in her CRV, when, and where?

When I was underage, we actually would hang around convenience stores and ask older guys to buy for us. I wonder if something like this happened, and she asked someone who turned out to have bad intent? i.e. "Yeah, big party tonight at Prosser. Thanks, Man...I can't wait to go get effed up? Woohoo! Have a good one!" That kind of thing.
the ole' "hey mister"

Often these days, vault toilets are composting. In a campground, they are often the task of the host to clean (in return for a camp spot with electricity, etc.), and they can be super clean! This also minimizes fecal runoff going to nearby bodies of water, incidentally. People need to know how to use them correctly, however..... Instrux next to the toilet.

I would guess with a party this large, the guys were using the woods (not a bad thing for urine, because it disperses the liquid; it's also the recommended location for guys to urinate in the wilderness for this reason; also dry poop composts better). The few toilets that would be available (certainly not enough toilets for a huge crowd!) would be used by women and poopers, I would speculate.

With a party this large, I would think the toilet area was busy, but mostly women.

End of my bit on vault toilets, but this might give you an idea about people-flow and dynamic in the campground.
teens wont crap at parties unless they have IBS or something, not the ones i know anyways lol.

What if it’s on airplane? I thought the whole point of ‘airplane mode’ was to cut off communication
Correct, if in airplane mode it would not be able to communicate with any towers to send a signal of where it is at.

If you kept blue tooth on you might (and that’s a big might) be able to find it if you were within say 30-50 yards of the phone, other wise it would not show up at all.

I've been consumed in thoughts the past few days on the "hiker group" that Kiely was going to meet at (Starbucks?) in the morning after this party.

What do we know about this group? Were they also at the campground party?

Were they attempting to blow up her phone in the a.m. saying "where are you?"

Was Mags or SS one of them planning on hiking?

And, granted, I'm way older. But would Kiely plan to hike in the morning the next day AND also plan to get messed up the night before?

I would like to know more about kiely personally..I may have missed this info but has anyone said if it's common for her to go to parties and call mom and extend her curfew? This may be a common practice that's allowed as long as she calls ahead. I've seen descriptions of her stating she has a tattoo and multiple piercings, so IMO I feel her parents must be pretty open minded and lenient with her...I guess what I'm looking for is the things being reported that aren't in her usual character...there's no point in focusing on the curfew extension so much if that's the norm...or her being at the party if that's the norm...I'm curious about any actions that seem off for her normal character or personality..something that might be a signal like hey I need help or something isn't right here...I'm wondering if her last call to SS was a call to maybe tell someone that she had to take Sammi home so that anyone with her may have left her alone or it gave her an excuse to get away from someone...for example someone is hanging around and not leaving her alone so "hey I have to call.my friend I'm giving her a ride" so the person would leave kind of situation...sort of like when a girl sees a girl in trouble and acts like her friend and asks her to go to the bathroom with her to get away from a guy... again just MOO and trying to brainstorm

MOO As we go into two weeks since KR disappeared and the case is seemingly at a standstill, due in part IMO to the reluctance of attendees to come forward, my vengeful side is wishing LE would go a step more assertive.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid, but I'd like to see LE start posting whatever pics and videos they have - they're fair game if they come from sm - and ask if anyone recognizes themselves or others to please come in and talk as potential witnesses. IMO there's a fine line between protecting one's college applications and obstructing an investigation and the line appears to be getting thinner.

Maybe AWP will find something or one brave person will come forward with the piece of information that busts the case wide open. All MOO and not holding my breath...
Good article btw.

The fact that LE has reported lack of cooperation from party attendees and the new reports about receiving duplicate tips thus clogging up the processing of tips has made me wonder. Is someone doing this purposefully to sabotage the investigation? I hope it’s not true, and maybe sounds far fetched. But I wonder….

If she has an iPhone and is updated to iOS15 you can still find the phone even if it is off

Amateur opinion and speculation
Your phone behaves like an AirTag. This suggests that her phone did not go near another iPhone, or she completely shut find my iPhone. Assuming she did not go in the water of course.

The fact that LE has reported lack of cooperation from party attendees and the new reports about receiving duplicate tips thus clogging up the processing of tips has made me wonder. Is someone doing this purposefully to sabotage the investigation? I hope it’s not true, and maybe sounds far fetched. But I wonder….
I feel like something is scaring these kids are there vigils being held for kiely? Are people grouping together like you see in many missing cases? The strangest thing about this case is the silence..a 16 year old is missing and I'm really only seeing 2 or 3 names in the news speaking out...someone or several someone's have to know something and are afraid to draw attention to themselves

I've been consumed in thoughts the past few days on the "hiker group" that Kiely was going to meet at (Starbucks?) in the morning after this party.

What do we know about this group? Were they also at the campground party?

Were they attempting to blow up her phone in the a.m. saying "where are you?"

Was Mags or SS one of them planning on hiking?

And, granted, I'm way older. But would Kiely plan to hike in the morning the next day AND also plan to get messed up the night before?
Good thoughts... are you thinking the hiker group was bogus and an attempt to lure her somewhere?

So if strangers trying to lure, good idea to use Starbucks as ice breaker/gain trust then meet at secluded outdoor location. If "friends/acquaintances" known to her, their cover would be blown going to Starbucks.

The times and events in this case are definitely curious.

I would like to know more about kiely personally..I may have missed this info but has anyone said if it's common for her to go to parties and call mom and extend her curfew? This may be a common practice that's allowed as long as she calls ahead. I've seen descriptions of her stating she has a tattoo and multiple piercings, so IMO I feel her parents must be pretty open minded and lenient with her...I guess what I'm looking for is the things being reported that aren't in her usual character...there's no point in focusing on the curfew extension so much if that's the norm...or her being at the party if that's the norm...I'm curious about any actions that seem off for her normal character or personality..something that might be a signal like hey I need help or something isn't right here...I'm wondering if her last call to SS was a call to maybe tell someone that she had to take Sammi home so that anyone with her may have left her alone or it gave her an excuse to get away from someone...for example someone is hanging around and not leaving her alone so "hey I have to call.my friend I'm giving her a ride" so the person would leave kind of situation...sort of like when a girl sees a girl in trouble and acts like her friend and asks her to go to the bathroom with her to get away from a guy... again just MOO and trying to brainstorm
Very possible, using the friend/call as a decoy and distraction to get space. Or to find her friend in a crowd. I don't know the context of the call, does anyone else?

If abduction and Kiely let someone else drive her car and driver her home on the pretense of that person being friendly and trying to help her...they stop at the lake where phone gets tossed. Then no trace and with a 7hr lead time, that car could've been driven anywhere :(

Very possible, using the friend/call as a decoy and distraction to get space. Or to find her friend in a crowd. I don't know the context of the call, does anyone else?
Thays what is missing is the context of almost all the details..I feel like it would be easier to dismiss some.details and focus on others if more context was known about several of the facts given

Good thoughts... are you thinking the hiker group was bogus and an attempt to lure her somewhere?

So if strangers trying to lure, good idea to use Starbucks as ice breaker/gain trust then meet at secluded outdoor location. If "friends/acquaintances" known to her, their cover would be blown going to Starbucks.

I don't think it was bogus. Her mom knew she was meeting friends at Starbucks on Saturday morning and even showed up to see if Kiely would be there.

Except PCSO confirmed last week in wrighting through their Twitter or FB account that yes, they believe there were 200-300 people there.
Look, I’ve thought about the vehicle/parking issue, too.I would imagine that there was a lot of ride share, 2-4 to a vehicles with vans and SUV’s prevalent. Not all kids have cars and some do have designated drivers. Also, some ride motorcycles. There might have been ATV’s for those living in the large subdivision and homes nearby for off road/trail travel.
For what it’s worth, SS stated that there was a big influx between 10-10:30.
All wrighty then.
My phone was on red and could not edit.
Photos indicate a big open space next to the wooded area.
Clearly not more than a few were closely engaged over time with Kiely. I can only imagine that LE has not gotten meaningful statements from those that were- especially those mystery people per SS in the car. And maybe Mags, who drove out with her.

Reactions: IDK

No, I wasn't thinking the group was bogus. Was curious if any of the intended hikers in the a.m. were at the campground party. Maybe Kiely had multiple groups that she hung out that didn't intersect.

More focused on if the hikers tried to reach out for her before they went on their trek. Wonder how large of a group it was and how close they all were.

The fact that LE has reported lack of cooperation from party attendees and the new reports about receiving duplicate tips thus clogging up the processing of tips has made me wonder. Is someone doing this purposefully to sabotage the investigation? I hope it’s not true, and maybe sounds far fetched. But I wonder…
Mentioning sabotage, if she is in the water because someone helped her get there, how long would she have to be in there for evidence to no longer exist or be hard to recover? I have thought about that being one of the reasons someone won't come forward. Knowing they will find her but not much will be left to prove anything.

It is difficult to know if the camping trip was purely time in the wilderness with friends who shared those interests, more partying, or both.

Based on what we know of her upbringing, the hunting sticker on her car, I'm going with she was really going camping.

She's 16, so probably assumed have some coffee, some breakfast, good to go. It may have been car camping too, and not anything too intense. I don't think anything was ever said publicly about the details--i.e. a group was going on a planned backcountry camping trip, or on a specific hike.

With Adventures with Purpose due to arrive and start searching soon I'm hoping this at least checks off a box or two in this case. They could find her car, even if she is not in it that wouldn't be good. Or they find nothing at all in the most obvious spots and that possibility can go farther down the list of scenarios. If they arrive today and start tomorrow, I wonder if we will know more come Monday or Tuesday. I wouldn't be all surprised if AWP does find a vehicle or two, but no sign of Kiely's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member