Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it has been reported that 100-300 people were at this party, there definitely could have been people coming and going throughout the night which may be why no one particularly saw Kiely leave or paid much attention.

Also, cars could have been blocking her usual way out, so she thought of another route that ended up being a fatal decision. JMO.
Perhaps she was familiar with the area and had done this same thing before, but this time for whatever reason she became disoriented.

Would the local police go to Prosser if they saw a fire - even with the lake right there? 200 - 300 raucous partiers with underage drinking didn’t bring them in - are rules closely followed?
Fires have become something that are absolutely not tolerated. If it were reported or detected, it would attract immediate attention. I don't think they had a bonfire this year, only in past years.

It's more I'm wondering how much the beach may play a role in these parties and whether a group of people was at the beach instead of the "party location."

Fires have become something that are absolutely not tolerated. If it were reported or detected, it would attract immediate attention. I don't think they had a bonfire this year, only in past years.

It's more I'm wondering how much the beach may play a role in these parties and whether a group of people was at the beach instead of the "party location."
The clearing above the beach seems like a natural get together area. Especially for distancung from the big party with many unknown people, to talk and hang out with a smaller group of friends. And looks like an easy place to park by the road.
Who patrols Prosser? A lone park service ranger?
300 kids can go wild but only a bonfire on the beach would attract attention at night? For sure?

Well, 100 yards is not very far to get to your car. It's very easy to be disoriented after a night of drinking, but I don't think she purposely drove towards the water. It's possible but probably not likely.

People can make wrong turns or go the wrong direction even when they are sober. I have a bad sense of direction so I make wrong turns all the time. It's not even unusual to forget where you parked your car.

Young, inexperienced drivers have more accidents. She had only been driving a few months. If toxicology tests show other drugs in her system, that would be one explanation, depending on what they find.

She also could have been exhausted or had a lot on her mind. Some people get so lost in thought they don't notice the environment around them.
Well, she did walk to her car without getting lost falling down if she was that inebrieated. So she had some presence of mind to actually make it to her car & not to someone else's car.

Would the local police go to Prosser if they saw a fire - even with the lake right there? 200 - 300 raucous partiers with underage drinking didn’t bring them in - are rules closely followed?
That is a really good question. I live in the Nevada City/ Grass Valley area, which is on the west side of the county. Each area operates fairly separately, so Nevada City which is the home of the sheriff has a satellite office up in the Truckee region. They share the same scanner dispatch. Night time is a particularly scary time when it comes to fire response because you can't really see the start of fires on the fire cams and our fire planes don't work after sunset. Somebody would need to call in the smell of smoke or a fire and then someone respond. I am thinking (I should check) that would be CDF(California Department of Forestry) or Cal Fire. It is possible that they could have a small fire and no one would report it, but the culture up here is no burning and I would like to think kids up there feel just as strongly about it given the fire devastation the county has suffered.
Here is the Truckee fire link that has some interesting info, fire cam info and might tell the fire danger for that day. It rained so it might not have been red. But the ban for fires started early this year in June.

I am in two minds; after seeing that night drive footage and seeing the gradient of the drive to the lake I think KR got lost and accidentally drove into the lake. But I also think she could've been so inebriated/possibly passed out that a friend offered to drive her and that friend accidentally drove them into the lake and the friend managed to escape but KR didn't. But then there would have to be witnesses right.

Well, she did walk to her car without getting lost falling down if she was that inebrieated. So she had some presence of mind to actually make it to her car & not to someone else's car.
The fact she even remembered where her car was parked - and then found it in pitch black darkness, among other cars and trees must've meant she wasn't that drunk/drugged. She still had her mental faculties.

MOO.

I am in two minds; after seeing that night drive footage and seeing the gradient of the drive to the lake I think KR got lost and accidentally drove into the lake. But I also think she could've been so inebriated/possibly passed out that a friend offered to drive her and that friend accidentally drove them into the lake and the friend managed to escape but KR didn't. But then there would have to be witnesses right.

Not necessarily. The parking spot was dark, a lot of people were coming and going, a lot of participants were under the influence. Easy to miss two people leaving in such circumstances.

You don't have to be lost and falling down drunk to drive impaired -- if that's what you mean.
Just two drinks for a sixteen year old could easily be over the limit, Imo. It can still alter a person's judgment, their depth perception and can slow reaction time.

And again, you don't have to be intoxicated to make a wrong turn, especially at night. She may have been distracted by something.

However, I still think it's possible she drove along the beach, maybe to avoid the line of cars heading out of the park.

Hopefully LE will be able to establish her exact route from the GPS or black box data, if the car has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member