Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I could be WAY off base here.... but the fact he is a big fan of AWP, and the fact he was in the video.. made me wonder if it was a case of a fan just wanting to somehow, in any way possible, be a part of what they are about and in one of their vids. And that perhaps his story was made up. I say that because while I was watching I was thinking... Huh, huge fan, somehow injected himself into this investigation. What are the odds? I don't know... it may be nothing but it had my BS radar going off.
Doesn't he mention in the video that he reported it to LE? If he hadn't done done that, I'm sure AWP would encourage him to contact the authorities. AWP don't have to verify their tips to begin searching. The fact that the guy was a fan, made him seem more legit to them.

That tow truck story is really eclipsing AWPs accomplishments. I wonder why they included it in the video, could they be trying to help the family push for continued investigation into foul play?

Maybe would’ve been better if they had made two videos. an objective just-the-facts video about finding the car. Leaving the theories and opinions on how it happened to a different video.

Because their triumphant success at locating the car in 30 minutes after law-enforcement conducted a $1,000,000 2 week search is being eclipsed. by weird tow truck sighting rumors? because they LED with that on the video about their biggest most public success?!

Last edited:
I posted a whole lot on the “exodus” a week or so ago. At the time I found an article where that was what they told the FBI, and it satisfied me enough that I dropped that (I still don’t think it means everyone left, but a bunch did). I can’t find it again now, but it may be in One of the articles in the media thread for this case. I will say that I felt like my question about that was answered (and I don’t give up too easily…). Just my $.02 but I can’t re-find the story.

-GTF
My thing is.... we never had even an estimated number of vehicles that were in this so called "mass exodus".

We know that there were 200-400 people in attendance. So, there would probably be at least 100 (and definitely maybe more) vehicles at any given time

A "mass exodus" could be 5 cars, 15 cars, 50 cars.....it still doesnt seem likely that it was EVERYONE leaving IMO

My thing is.... we never had even an estimated number of vehicles that were in this so called "mass exodus".

We know that there were 200-400 people in attendance. So, there would probably be at least 100 (and definitely maybe more) vehicles at any given time

A "mass exodus" could be 5 cars, 15 cars, 50 cars.....it still doesnt seem likely that it was EVERYONE leaving IMO
You and I think alike. Early in the case, they estimated 100-200 people were there. It ballooned to 200-400. I’m guessing 2.5 to a car at 200 people created traffic of *maybe* 80 cars, but … that would be a whole lot for that area. So yeah, this exodus has been a sticking point and I have not seen it in hard print anywhere else since I was trying to run it down (but this thread went crazy with theories based on that detail).

I noticed in the AWP video that Kieli’s dad seems really sold on foul play. He asked questions and was incredulous as though the answers all confirm foul play.

Was she seatbelted? NO?! Was she in the driver seat? NO?!?! She was in the back?!?!?!?? The windows were down?!?!?!?!

Funny thing to me is all of those perfectly fit with it being a simple accident. In fact, I still have not heard any solid evidence that this was anything but a simple accident, despite the unbelievable amount of theories, speculations, and arguing over conspiracies.

It’s no wonder he’s all stirred up on foul play though, the police were hinting at it for weeks and pointing fingers at all the partygoers and townspeople. Now AWP is running full speed with MURDER clickbait with unverified tow truck fans.

Last edited:
Specs on the cargo area of a 2013 Honda CR-V:

With the rear seat folded down, the cargo space is about 63 inches deep. The hatch opening is 31” wide at the top and 41.5” wide at the bottom, and about 34.5” high. Note, however, that the rear seats don’t fold down completely flat, so right behind the driver/passenger seat, the storage is only about 28” high.

Wasn't Kiely pretty tall, like 5'7"? I just can't see her fitting in the cargo space unless the seats were down, which they weren't. Was she scrunched up back there? Was her shoe all the way up against the smallest back driver's side window? Sus IMO
This might be sort of graphic, so don't read if it might be hard for you!

So, we learned in previous threads that Kiely's car is about 14' in length - that is bumper to bumper.

Even if Kiely's face was pressed against the hatch/trunk window, she was 5'7" (67"), so her feet and shoes *could* have been around the middle of the interior, making shoes visible from one or more of the side windows.

Just because they saw her in the "back back" of the car doesn't mean *ALL* of her was. The top half of her remains might have been more visible as her skin and hair were lighter in color while the bodysuit and pants she was wearing were dark in color and likely less visible down in the water.

All just my observations/ideas/opinions!

I noticed in the video that Kieli’s dad seems really sold on foul play. He asked questions and was incredulous as though the answers all confirm foul play.

Was she seatbelted? NO?! Was she in the driver seat? NO?!?! She was in the back?!?!?!?? The windows were down?!?!?!?!

Funny thing to me is all of those perfectly fit with it being a simple accident.

It’s no wonder he’s all stirred up on foul play though, the police were theorizing about it for weeks and pointing fingers at all the partygoers and townspeople. Now AWP is running full speed with MURDER clickbait with unverified tow truck fans.
All of this. Just crushing and sad on so many levels. RIP Kiely.

Didn't someone confirm they saw a deflated airbag on AWP's video? I didn't see it, but if so wouldn't that also pose an issue/obstacle if she was going to float to the back? If the airbag deflated upon hitting the water that is. Airbag deployment is also very jarring and disorienting in an accident.

I just watched.

My impression is that AWP was outstanding in locating Kiely. That is the indisputable bottom line.

I do think this video was slickly done, edited for maximum drama, and designed to boost their profile and income. For example, if they were trying to respectfully stay tight-lipped when they found her, so as to not cause alarm among those who were watching, or to not alarm Kiely's family until it was confirmed,(as Doug said),they could simply have chosen to forego filming altogether. They also didn't need to include some negative comments about LE being unable to find her.

However, that's how things are done now. Subscribers and views bring money, which they need. Personally I would prefer that they would just be able to receive any rewards offered in any cases that they've recovered, to avoid the drama, suspense and hype aspects that they include here.

They are a production company founded by a self-described influencer as much as they are a recovery operation, but if that's what it takes to find the missing then I get it.

Nick the tow-truck driver sounds sincere, IMO, but I believe he was either confused or mistaken that he helped Kiely. I've said before that dispatch would have all the records of which day and time he went out on this call and would also have logged the license plate, make and model of the vehicle he went to boost.

And if that girl WAS Kiely, why would she be asking him how to put on a seatbelt, when all we've heard is that she was driving for years? It either wasn't her, or if it was her, she was not in a sober state of mind. But I still don't believe it was her, and the car was not where it would've been according to Nick's statement.

The fish swimming around the car...devastating.

Jmo

ETA: didn't the tow truck driver state that the girl's phone was dead and therefore the boy she was with made the call to roadside assistance? So wouldn't it be elementary for LE to check the dispatch incoming call records, call the boy's number, and have him ascertain who he is and who was the girl with him? Am I missing something?
Yes Nick the Road Side Assitance worker does sound sincere. I don't doubt he saw her because it is all recorded and thus verified. I know its so bizarre. But, things can happen in life that don't make logical sense, however if there is corroboraing proof of the bizarre then it did happen. If it was Kiely it could be a number of things going on there she could be drugged up by whoever she was with. IIRC there are drugs that make people forget things so that could be affecting her memory. She could be confused, exhausted also caused by the same drugs. There are just some drugs that calm people down but have side affects. She could also have Stalkholm Syndrome, the way she was running away from the fellow. She seems very confused if it was her. It is an Extremely Sad situation. I would hate for this to have happened to her but its possible not impossible.

I’ve been trying to find the source of this mass exodus from the party. I know I’ve heard/read it a couple of times but can’t figure out where from.

My gut says this was an accident, but how did no one see her go into the water? That’s my only hang up based on what we know now.
A few news publications picked up the Instagram post of a long term camping couple who reported being interviwed by FBI as they were searching the campground.

Well, you might want to read my 'transcription' of the DA guy's statements (not perfect, but close) from the 9/2 AWP video with a domestic violence hat on. I have reordered some of this to nest similar information together...
3:00 to 10:00
She was very hesitant and very skeptical on everything that was going on. Asking me very weird questions like how to use a seat belt, going over and over about how to use it firmly and correctly.

She was stating she was there all night, can't get vehicle started (until TTD helped her figure out car wouldn't start in Neutral). She was wearing a [light grey, he said later] sweatshirt. Looked like she'd been there quite a while.

Maybe she was hung over or had a very rough day. She seemed distressed.

There was a guy with her. Had a black San Francisco baseball cap on... with some brown hair coming out the sides... thinner build [maybe around 5'11" - TTD said he was 6'3" and held his hand about 4" lower than top of his head], wore a white Bro tank shirt, had freckles or maybe acne on both sides of his face.

Her phone was dead and she was using the guy's phone.

Both were kinda uneasy like they had a crazy day or crazy night. She was uncomfortable. Every time the guy would come over [to a side of the car] she'd be on the other side... [kept moving around like that].

[All he recalls seeing] is a perfume bottle in the center console.

The Roadside Assistant also stated in the interview with AwP:

Screenshot 2022-09-02 2.29.24 PM.png

That tow truck story is really eclipsing AWPs accomplishments. I wonder why they included it in the video, could they be trying to help the family push for continued investigation into foul play?

Maybe would’ve been better if they had made two videos. an objective just-the-facts video about finding the car. Leaving the theories and opinions on how it happened to a different video.

Because their triumphant success at locating the car in 30 minutes after law-enforcement conducted a $1,000,000 2 week search is being eclipsed. by weird tow truck sighting rumors? because they LED with that on the video about their biggest most public success?!
Well, hmm, it is a fact that he found them in the store parking lot. Maybe they they thought getting Nick TTD's face out to the public was a good idea for some reason? IDK MOO

Didn't someone confirm they saw a deflated airbag on AWP's video? I didn't see it, but if so wouldn't that also pose an issue/obstacle if she was going to float to the back? If the airbag deflated upon hitting the water that is. Airbag deployment is also very jarring and disorienting in an accident.
Perhaps blocking a window exit as the car filled and turned? MOO

One big issue I'm having with the AWP video is that they say the front PASSENGER window was broken, but in the live recovery footage we clearly saw that the front driver's side window was broken out, while the front passenger window looked to be rolled up and in tact.

We also see in the live footage that the driver side rear (backseat) window was about halfway down, but it looked like the passenger side rear (backseat) was up.

Am i misunderstanding what they were stating in the video?

Well, hmm, it is a fact that he found them in the store parking lot. Maybe they they thought getting Nick TTD's face out to the public was a good idea for some reason? IDK MOO
But Nick did agree to doing the video. I kind of agree with you though that there could be unintended consequences if Nick's witness statements are corroborated. One thing I can say in today's society everything is instantanious as before the Internet and sharing information LE would be aware of such a situation & possibly not divulge it (not slighting AWP in any way because they do great work). But then again there's another to look at it if the witness statement by Nick is corroborated then LE probably knows who the guy is and are questioning him maybe they want him to make a mistake so its a good thing. Maybe LE is watching the guy waiting for him to screw up.

Yes Nick the Road Side Assitance worker does sound sincere. I don't doubt he saw her because it is all recorded and thus verified.
She could also have Stalkholm Syndrome, the way she was running away from the fellow

SBM

It hasn't been verified yet, in any way, that the person he spoke with was Kiely. It may well have been recorded but no info has yet been released by LE or by the towing company.

Also, Stockholm Syndrome is the opposite of what you've suggested. It's when a captive starts identifying with, and developing positive feelings towards, his or her captor. Not running away from their captor. It's a coping mechanism to help the captive survive emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking