Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately this does happen.

Like that John Mark Karr guy who falsely confessed to killing Jon-Benet.

Not at all saying that the tow truck driver made it up. It's my opinion that he did see a young couple but looking back he thinks it was Kiely, which I doubt because the facts don't add up.

But yes, in many cases that become media sensations, there will be a percent of people who just want to be associated with the case, or want to feel important, or want to "impress" people. Even to the point of false confessions.
GMTA! I just posted that before seeing your post.

BBM

If KR had died, why not just cut and run in the cars you came in and leave her behind in her car…? Then any evidence of you being in the car/touching things could easily be explained by the massive crowd at the party—the blunts and truly cans etc. will surely have DNA from several folks. There’s just no reason whatsoever that this makes sense to do.

Hoaxes and folks seeking 15 minutes of fame are not uncommon. It’s a sad and terrible fact, but it does happen. People try to insert themselves into cases all the time.
MOO.

Edited for typo.

Also, well meaning people who think they should say something if it MIGHT be relevant are quite common. And not all of them have a great eye for faces. I know I don’t.

Only place I've seen it is on on SM, not MSM. Would love to see a MSM link to it!
I posted a whole lot on the “exodus” a week or so ago. At the time I found an article where that was what they told the FBI, and it satisfied me enough that I dropped that (I still don’t think it means everyone left, but a bunch did). I can’t find it again now, but it may be in One of the articles in the media thread for this case. I will say that I felt like my question about that was answered (and I don’t give up too easily…). Just my $.02 but I can’t re-find the story.

-GTF

Specs on the cargo area of a 2013 Honda CR-V:

With the rear seat folded down, the cargo space is about 63 inches deep. The hatch opening is 31” wide at the top and 41.5” wide at the bottom, and about 34.5” high. Note, however, that the rear seats don’t fold down completely flat, so right behind the driver/passenger seat, the storage is only about 28” high.

Wasn't Kiely pretty tall, like 5'7"? I just can't see her fitting in the cargo space unless the seats were down, which they weren't. Was she scrunched up back there? Was her shoe all the way up against the smallest back driver's side window? Sus IMO

With the rear seat folded down, the cargo space is about 63 inches deep. The hatch opening is 31” wide at the top and 41.5” wide at the bottom, and about 34.5” high. Note, however, that the rear seats don’t fold down completely flat, so right behind the driver/passenger seat, the storage is only about 28” high.

Wasn't Kiely pretty tall, like 5'7"? I just can't see her fitting in the cargo space unless the seats were down, which they weren't. Was she scrunched up back there? Was her shoe all the way up against the smallest back driver's side window? Sus IMO
Yes. She was 5'7".

1662177163532.png

If this was furnished to them about a week after KE went missing, LE did not change their timeline of the last sighting of KR. That means either LE didn’t check out the tip (MOO unlikely), or they checked it out and realized it wasn’t KR.

In either case, why still go to AWP and report this as some hot thing, This guy was pointing the finger straight at at KRs friends with this “sighting” and they had all had plenty of time to See if this encounter happened and was even relevant.

MOO.
And.....wouldn't a tow truck driver record the license plate number for a car he responded too? Or at the very least the name of the person in the vehicle?

We don’t know the position of her body, but if she was in rear cargo area could have happened when the nose of the car tipped straight down into the water, leaving the air at the back (cargo area) of the car. This would have happened fast since rear windows were down. Water would have been coming in fast. But yes, it is sus.

I’m still in the camp of “accident” but have not ruled out accidental death and coverup…

I posted a whole lot on the “exodus” a week or so ago. At the time I found an article where that was what they told the FBI, and it satisfied me enough that I dropped that (I still don’t think it means everyone left, but a bunch did). I can’t find it again now, but it may be in One of the articles in the media thread for this case. I will say that I felt like my question about that was answered (and I don’t give up too easily…). Just my $.02 but I can’t re-find the story.

-GTF
Well, if you did, you didn't use the word exodus in your post, darn it. lol I searched this site for the word exodus, by you, everywhere (not just this thread #7). I got 5 hits but 3 are of you saying you can't find a source, and the last 2 are from today. Do you think it was a removed post? :(

ETA - I also Goog'ed for rodni kiely truckee fbi exodus and nada. I'm like you (I don’t give up easily) but I give up now! lol

Last edited:
We have been told the video was “locked down” by the towing company. There’s no evidence this was actually furnished to law enforcement. The company could voluntarily just hand it over to LE (no warrant required). I hope that has happened.

If they have video, it would be VERY easy to prove it happened, and possibly identify who it was, but all they are saying is that the footage is locked down.
I completely missed where we were told that the TT dash cam vid was locked down by the TT company. Can you please link that or?? TIA @getthefax

Well, if you did, you didn't use the word exodus in your post, darn it. lol I searched this site for the word exodus, by you, everywhere (not just this thread #7). I got 5 hits but 3 are of you saying you can't find a source, and the last 2 are from today. Do you think it was a removed post? :(

ETA - I also Goog'ed for rodni kiely truckee fbi exodus and nada. I'm like you (I don’t give up easily) but I give up now! lol
Oh, I did! I was confused by this same thing. Drove me bananas. I just did that same search and found a whole lot of my posts, but couldn’t find the one with the linked article though…

I felt the concept of the exodus was key to the story of her disappearance, and the threads went wild, but no one had the evidence to back that that was what happened. Somewhere there was a reply…

I’ll keep digging.

Last edited:
Oh, I did— if you use advanced search you can find all my posts. I just did that same search and found a whole lot of my posts, but couldn’t find the one with the linked article though…
I searched only for the word exodus from you on this entire site. Only came up with those 5 posts with exodus in them. I also did the search you did (all your posts) but there's too many to go through so went with the one narrowed down with exodus in them.

I skimmed through a search for ‘camping,’ since the people who supposedly reported the exodus were supposedly camping, not partying. There’s a reference to it in thread #3, post 1106, by ISpy_ However, no link! It seems to have passed some scrutiny by a mod, though—might it have been ‘common knowledge’ by thread #3? Perhaps something mentioned in a video? (I hate videos as a rule, so I usually don’t know what’s in them.)

BBM

If KR had died, why not just cut and run in the cars you came in and leave her behind in her car…? Then any evidence of you being in the car/touching things could easily be explained by the massive crowd at the party—the blunts and truly cans etc. will surely have DNA from several folks. There’s just no reason whatsoever that this makes sense to do.

Hoaxes and folks seeking 15 minutes of fame are not uncommon. It’s a sad and terrible fact, but it does happen. People try to insert themselves into cases all the time.
MOO.

Edited for typo.
It makes sense if they were hoping the car would never be found.

Is the "cargo area" the same as the "back seat" in her vehicle? I've never had an SUV so I wasn't sure. I once had a hatchback passenger car that had a back seat and a cargo area. When you opened the hatch you accessed the cargo area but the back seat was a separate area in front of the cargo. I thought there was a reference to her being in the back seat, which would seem to be different from the cargo.

I’ll keep looking. It was a statement given to the FBI by the semi-permanent campground residents whose last name starts with an N.
I did see it—just not sure where, and I can’t recall their names exactly.

IMO it would not be unusual for someone who entered water while in their vehicle to unbuckle to try to escape. It would be the first thing I would do.
So while it could be foul play, it could also be Kiely's attempt to save herself that caused her to be unbuckled.
Unless they hit their head on the windshield or something and was out like a light.

I’ll keep looking. It was a statement given to the FBI by the semi-permanent campground residents whose last name starts with an N.
I did see it—just not sure where, and I can’t recall their names exactly.

My search for ‘camping’ a few minutes ago turned up that last name, too, but I’ve already forgotten it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member