Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM for focus.

I wonder why she didn't try to exit through the driver's side window. Can you manually open the window? I don't have a Honda, nor a SUV, but my windows requires power and pushing a button. Would a car still have power if it's in the water? I wonder how long it takes for the engine to die if the key wasn't shut off.
I'm inserting a link to the NY Times article that quotes a Honda representative. Honda says the power windows can still operate when a car is submerged.

“There is no automatic function to lower the windows when a car is submerged,” he wrote. “But the Honda window switch spec for many years has required that our power window switches will operate to open the window even when the car is submerged. Thus, someone could still open the window as normal” if that someone was still in the car, and conscious, after it had become submerged.

He added, “That applied to all Honda and Acura models sold in at least the last 10 years or longer.”

Thank you!

Ok, so Reno on Thursday was Kate & Kiely only.

Searching Reno FOR Kiely was Kate, Jagger and unnamed third friend on August 10th per this video:

**Edited to add: This video DOES clarify something. Kate & Kiely made creme brulee Friday AFTERNOON.
I feel really sorry for Jagger. I'm sure he's blaming himself for not being there so things could have turned out differently. I hope he's doing OK. Well, as OK as he can be right now.

Doug agreed with Nick, being a fellow tow truck driver, that you see some crazy stuff on the job. I don't think it was Kiely he saw either, but I do think it was her car he serviced. He said the male and female never stood next to each other, and one was always near the car. It could have been another girl with blonde hair that was attempting to cover something up.

Pure speculation: What if Kiely and unidentified female and male took the after party over to Boca and Kiely OD'd or something tragic happened to her. Maybe they all did something (her car seemed to be the party car), but Kiely didn't wake up. Their prints are all over the vehicle, so they call a service guy out to get someone else to touch the inside of the car. An unknown adult male.

Then they somehow stealthily drove down to Prosser and let the car roll into the water. Hence the lack of evidence of entry into the water. IMO
I like where you're going with this. :)

Now that's very interesting.
These genius criminals call for roadside assistance to get a rando driver’s prints on the seat belt? Would they not know that the driver could be tracked down and his prints checked?

They couldn’t have just wiped the existing prints off the seat belt buckle with their sweatshirt? We cannot possibly believe that it was actually KR’s car that was seen at Boca that morning, and that they were-in broad daylight-trying to get a bystander’s prints onto a seat belt to throw off the cops? MOO but… nah.

Shark = jumped. MOO

AGREE! I kept wishing they used arrows when they were saying things like "That looks like a wheel". I stopped the vid and was still having a hard time seeing a wheel. Heck, or anything for that matter. lol
What’s funny is I hardly recognize what they do mark or highlight. I think I see a wheel??! :D I’m glad I’m not the only one!

Can someone remind me who stated there was a “mass exodus” at 12:30? Was it in an MSM interview or did LE report it from their interviews? Was it before or after her phone was reported off/dead at 12:33? It’s been discussed so much here, but I’m wondering if it even happened for sure? Let alone why.
TIA
Some campground residents reported that there was a train of cars that arrived at 9:30, and a big group of cars that exited at about 12:30. They did not say how many cars, only that a cluster of cars left at that time.

I have phone issues here today.
I think IMO the emergency roadside lead is hokey.
The TTD identified as a fan/follower, seems to have previously sent a message to AWP and arranged an interview. Unwarranted and inappropriate IMO.
Even if he somehow traversed the entire region for 1 week never aware of anything much less the Missing Posters plastered everywhere and community tent set up right alongside the main road in front of the CHP headquarters, surely the dispatch would have reported the call, videos, recordings of the encounter he talks about.
SBM for focus.

Yeah, something feels hinky to me about him and how a "big fan" ended up engaging with them while filming a vid. I keep trying to tamp down my BS meter but it keeps blasting in my ear.

I’ve been trying to find the source of this mass exodus from the party. I know I’ve heard/read it a couple of times but can’t figure out where from.

My gut says this was an accident, but how did no one see her go into the water? That’s my only hang up based on what we know now.

I have another scenario if the fingerprints one is far out there. Kiely passes away somehow (OD, fight, fall, etc.), and the culprits or accessories actually can't figure out how to start the car. Perhaps they tried for hours, frustratingly, to start the car. Hence the distressed appearance. It may have been something dumb like they didn't put their foot on the brake or something. It sounded like it wasn't their car. Wouldn't Kiely call her step-dad or dad if her car didn't start? So after hours of fighting they finally decided to call a tow truck to help. They may be THAT dumb. ALL IMO

Why would the tow truck driver lie to try to get on AWP? I don't see a motive there.

BBM
For me, what is notable, is not what the public thinks is legit. This tow truck guy has his own strong feels about this being her.

"The tow truck driver claims he helped assist someone matching Kiely's description and a male with a dead car battery at nearby Boca Resevoir the weekend she disappeared. That encounter led them to search Boca and Donner Lake before searching Prosser Creek Reservoir, the team said."

or has strong feelings about AWP and just wanted to be a part of their history/vid.

I have another scenario if the fingerprints one is far out there. Kiely passes away somehow (OD, fight, fall, etc.), and the culprits or accessories actually can't figure out how to start the car. Perhaps they tried for hours, frustratingly, to start the car. Hence the distressed appearance. It may have been something dumb like they didn't put their foot on the brake or something. It sounded like it wasn't their car. Wouldn't Kiely call her step-dad or dad if her car didn't start? So after hours of fighting they finally decided to call a tow truck to help. They may be THAT dumb. ALL IMO

Why would the tow truck driver lie to try to get on AWP? I don't see a motive there.
BBM

If KR had died, why not just cut and run in the cars you came in and leave her behind in her car…? Then any evidence of you being in the car/touching things could easily be explained by the massive crowd at the party—the blunts and truly cans etc. will surely have DNA from several folks. There’s just no reason whatsoever that this makes sense to do.

Hoaxes and folks seeking 15 minutes of fame are not uncommon. It’s a sad and terrible fact, but it does happen. People try to insert themselves into cases all the time.
MOO.

Edited for typo.

Last edited:
Maybe I just don't get it, but why would the girl have to use "strange behavior" or use code words or any such, to ask for help? It isn't likely that if she had been abducted or was otherwise in danger, the male she was with would have allowed her to use his phone to call for help. Likewise, once tow truck guy arrived, and was physically there with her, if she were in danger, it would have made a lot more sense to just yell "help me", rather than to try to play charades and hope her needs were figured out. JMO
Sometimes women need to send a signal that they need help (or men, or children) because they fear for their lives and can't come right out and say "Hey, I need help to get away from this guy!". Yelling "Help me" can be a scary thing to do if you're a victim. You want to be sneaky about it so you don't risk an *** beating if the person you asked for help didn't get the clue.

Here's some on that topic: These 'Distress Signals' May Help You Get Out of an Unsafe Situation

I’ve been trying to find the source of this mass exodus from the party. I know I’ve heard/read it a couple of times but can’t figure out where from.

My gut says this was an accident, but how did no one see her go into the water? That’s my only hang up based on what we know now.
Only place I've seen it is on on SM, not MSM. Would love to see a MSM link to it!

Hoaxes and folks seeking 15 minutes of fame are not uncommon. It’s a sad and terrible fact, but it does happen. People try to insert themselves into cases all the time

Unfortunately this does happen.

Like that John Mark Karr guy who falsely confessed to killing Jon-Benet.

Not at all saying that the tow truck driver made it up. It's my opinion that he did see a young couple but looking back he thinks it was Kiely, which I doubt because the facts don't add up.

But yes, in many cases that become media sensations, there will be a percent of people who just want to be associated with the case, or want to feel important, or want to "impress" people. Even to the point of false confessions.

I edited my comment to say foul play was suspected. That would be from her body being found in the back, as opposed to seat belted in. They mentioned this.
IMO it would not be unusual for someone who entered water while in their vehicle to unbuckle to try to escape. It would be the first thing I would do.
So while it could be foul play, it could also be Kiely's attempt to save herself that caused her to be unbuckled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate