Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some SUVs etc. "bigger cars" having a strap inside the cargo door with which you can pull it down since it may be quite high when open. At least on our former car (not honda) that strap was most of the time caught between the door when closed, not to mention all the other junk that was there. Not saying this particular model has anything like that, surely someone can answer that, just that IMO it could be anything.

Doug from AWP just answered this question on DutyRons livestream that just aired today on YouTube. He said the vehicle was upside down with the front facing away from shore. He said some other interesting things in answer to the panels questions (one of the panel members was former head of NYPD scuba and marine unit), like he mentioned if AWP was in charge of the removal they'd have towed it out onto the shore bottom up, and then flipped it, but the FBI did it underwater instead.
That's what I thought I was seeing, but I'm not sure how to explain if the vehicle was driven into the water?

Wouldn't the front point back towards the shore if it "turtled"? Or am I assuming something I should not?

I'n not familiar with that channel, and was trying to avoid some of the crazier stuff out there, but it seems like they have been giving interviews, so I need to get up to speed.

I've been thinking about this case all day. I do not believe there was a party of 2-300, at all. No proof whatsoever. Not all 300 would have been doing illegal drugs, and they would have been taking pictures, videos and posting them if this was truly a going away party for seniors leaving for college. Thirty-50 were there, at most, it looks from the only picture circulating. I was on the fence, no more. Something happened out there and I believe those who controlled the narrative in the beginning should be scrutinized with great care. I will gladly eat crow, end my membership here, whatever, if I am wrong, but something is not being told. God Bless her mother, this is going to be difficult, no easy closure.

That's what I thought I was seeing, but I'm not sure how to explain if the vehicle was driven into the water?

Wouldn't the front point back towards the shore if it "turtled"? Or am I assuming something I should not?

I'n not familiar with that channel, and was trying to avoid some of the crazier stuff out there, but it seems like they have been giving interviews, so I need to get up to speed.
I was just watching Doug's interview on Duty Ron and when he said the vehicle front was facing away from the shoreline it threw me through a loop.

I'd also assume the front would point towards the shore if the vehicle when in nose first and turtled. Since it was found facing away from shore would this mean the vehicle went in back end first??

Very peculiar. I’ve ‘turtled’ my phone, simulating the movement of the CR-V, a dozen or more times. I’ve become so disoriented during that simple exercise that I know I’d be seriously challenged escaping the vehicle (even stone cold sober on a sunny summer afternoon) once unbuckled (swimming down to escape, between the headrests and beneath the upside down seats being counter-intuitive).

But my front end is always pointing away from shore, as it was on entry. Does this imply the vehicle went in rear first? Or am I more confused than I thought?

I was just watching Doug's interview on Duty Ron and when he said the vehicle front was facing away from the shoreline it threw me through a loop.

I'd also assume the front would point towards the shore if the vehicle when in nose first and turtled. Since it was found facing away from shore would this mean the vehicle went in back end first??
Maybe that is a key data point that causes AWP to think foul play is possible.

I saw a recent video interview of Carson McMaster, AWP's executive producer, saying he is 90% convinced of FP.

The gear KR's car was in is crucial, as are the answers to previously asked questions like were keys in the ignition, and was the engine running?

That said. way back up thread I opined if KR accidentally hit the the throttle pedal when in Reverse as she tried to turn around to escape the water.

Doug from AWP just answered this question on DutyRons livestream that just aired today on YouTube. He said the vehicle was upside down with the front facing away from shore. He said some other interesting things in answer to the panels questions (one of the panel members was former head of NYPD scuba and marine unit), like he mentioned if AWP was in charge of the removal they'd have towed it out onto the shore bottom up, and then flipped it, but the FBI did it underwater instead.
That's sure odd which direction the car was facing but likely means a whole lot of nothing. The reason I say it's odd is because you would think the car entered the water front first. Then the weight of the engine pulls the nose down. To turtle (which it did) I'd THINK it would have continued the motion it was going in due to the engine pulling the nose down, meaning it would end up on it's back with the front facing the shore. I had to use my hand. lol Palm down with fingers pointing toward the shore as it enters the water, then fingers pointed down as the weight pulls the nose down, then it keeps going in that direction until it's flipped over onto its back. That points my fingers (the front) toward the shore, not away from it.

Due to how I imagine a car to turtle, I just can't image the front facing away from the shore on its back. Unless it entered the water in reverse. I just went through that same exercise backwards (lol) and now my fingers are pointing away from the shore. :confused:

Last edited:
Ok.

Cleaned up a capture of the damage and the strap from a screenshot of AWP. I think it really does look like seatbelt material, however I would caution that a lot of things look like those types of belts--i.e. backpacks, sleeping bags sacks, etc as i mentioned in a previous reply. Comparison to a stock image of a CRV, this would be the rear passenger side of the vehicle, where you see exhaust. 2013 Honda CR-V Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and PhotosScreen Shot 2022-09-05 at 7.43.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 7.35.43 PM.png

Very peculiar. I’ve ‘turtled’ my phone, simulating the movement of the CR-V, a dozen or more times. I’ve become so disoriented during that simple exercise that I know I’d be seriously challenged escaping the vehicle (even stone cold sober on a sunny summer afternoon) once unbuckled (swimming down to escape, between the headrests and beneath the upside down seats being counter-intuitive).

But my front end is always pointing away from shore, as it was on entry. Does this imply the vehicle went in rear first? Or am I more confused than I thought?
You're not confused. I used my hand and I came up with the same conclusion, although I think perhaps you meant the front was facing toward the shore? Please correct me if you didn't mean that!! At least with my hand exercise that's how it worked. Don't laugh... I also used scissors (pointy end the front of the car) and a checkbook (river). My desk was the shore (LOL :p) My scissors still ended up pointing toward the shore, not away from it. UNLESS they entered backwards (in reverse).

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this case all day. I do not believe there was a party of 2-300, at all. No proof whatsoever. Not all 300 would have been doing illegal drugs, and they would have been taking pictures, videos and posting them if this was truly a going away party for seniors leaving for college. Thirty-50 were there, at most, it looks from the only picture circulating. I was on the fence, no more. Something happened out there and I believe those who controlled the narrative in the beginning should be scrutinized with great care. I will gladly eat crow, end my membership here, whatever, if I am wrong, but something is not being told. God Bless her mother, this is going to be difficult, no easy closure.

I think there were more.

Opinion only, based on interviews and growing up in a rural area myself.

This type of party? Easily can get out of hand.

Ok.

Cleaned up a capture of the damage and the strap from a screenshot of AWP. I think it really does look like seatbelt material, however I would caution that a lot of things look like those types of belts--i.e. backpacks, sleeping bags sacks, etc as i mentioned in a previous reply. Comparison to a stock image of a CRV, this would be the rear passenger side of the vehicle, where you see exhaust. 2013 Honda CR-V Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and PhotosView attachment 364454

View attachment 364452
It does look like something is caught in there. Otside of the edge it does look lik a a strap of some sort IMO.

Last edited:
I think there were more.

Opinion only, based on interviews and growing up in a rural area myself.

This type of party? Easily can get out of hand.
I agree they can get out of hand, but when they do, people talk, have pictures. There is one picture, yet 2-300 people there, and many to say goodbye to seniors? Sami, and who says there were 2-300? And where are all the social media posts announcing the party? No way would all those people be doing illegal things and not want parents or someone to know they were there. I just don't believe this was a big, out of control party, at all. And where is Sami et al now that she is found? JMHO.

You're not confused. I used my hand and I came up with the same conclusion, although I think perhaps you meant the front was facing toward the shore? Please correct me if you didn't mean that!! At least with my hand exercise that's how it worked. Don't laugh... I also used scissors (pointy end the front of the car) and a checkbook (river). My desk was the shore (LOL :p) My scissors still ended up pointing toward the shore, not away from it. UNLESS the entered backwards (in reverse).

Go to Walmart, etc tomorrow. Turtle a toy car. Much safer than scisssors!

That's sure odd which direction the car was facing but likely means a whole lot of nothing. The reason I say it's odd is because you would think the car entered the water front first. Then the weight of the engine pulls the nose down. To turtle (which it did) I'd THINK it would have continued the motion it was going in due to the engine pulling the nose down, meaning it would end up on it's back with the front facing the shore. I had to use my hand. lol Palm down with fingers pointing toward the shore as it enters the water, then fingers pointed down as the weight pulls the nose down, then it keeps going in that direction until it's flipped over onto its back. That points my fingers (the front) toward the shore, not away from it.

Due to how I imagine a car to turtle, I just can't image the front facing away from the shore on its back. Unless it entered the water in reverse. I just went through that same exercise backwards (lol) and now my fingers are pointing away from the shore. :confused:
I think water flowing in from both sides of the vehicle (front passenger, rear driver) complicates the situation enormously and could have tipped the car over in any direction. IMO

You're not confused. I used my hand and I came up with the same conclusion, although I think perhaps you meant the front was facing toward the shore? Please correct me if you didn't mean that!! At least with my hand exercise that's how it worked. Don't laugh... I also used scissors (pointy end the front of the car) and a checkbook (river). My desk was the shore (LOL :p) My scissors still ended up pointing toward the shore, not away from it. UNLESS the entered backwards (in reverse).
Oops, you’re right, I am confused. I meant, after ‘turtling’ the vehicle rests at bottom in the opposite direction it entered. To face away from shore, as the earlier cited report indicates, it would logically have a rear end water entry.

Was there enough current to spin the car around if it entered the water at an angle instead of straight in? It enters diagonally and as it floats it gets spun enough to end up with its front facing the shore, making it seem like it entered the water backwards. A much smaller spin would be needed than if it went in straight.

I agree it's an oddity, along with how far out the car got (with the water level being higher than when the car was pulled out). There are so many little things in this case that make me pause. I was 100% convinced it was an accident when she was first found. It seemed like an absolutely textbook case of driving drunk into water at night.

Can it not turtle from the side? Wouldn't it make more sense if it did, given it was also found tilted to the side and not flat on the roof? Idk

Can it not turtle from the side? Wouldn't it make more sense if it did, given it was also found tilted to the side and not flat on the roof? Idk

It can list and roll onto its side. In a YouTube video there's a guy in a CR-V who opens his door and his begins rolling to the side it opened on. Another video showed a couple YouTubers drive a CR-V into a lake with the drivers side window open and it rolled to the left. So I'd imagine you're correct, it could roll sideways with her driver's side back window open. I think somehow the passenger front window broke hitting something on the floor of the reservoir, but that's just a hunch. It makes most sense to me that it might have rolled left, and angled nose down, and then leveled out more or less as it hit the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase