Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also assume the front would point towards the shore if the vehicle when in nose first and turtled. Since it was found facing away from shore would this mean the vehicle went in back end first??
Exactly this!!!

If the car went in front first, headed down and landed on its back, then the front grill would be facing back towards the shore!

So, how come the car wasn't facing that way in the water then?

Was it pushed in the lake backwards?!?

Because I'm pretty sure Kiely wouldn't have driven it in the lake backwards!

Exactly this!!!

If the car went in front first, headed down and landed on its back, then the front grill would be facing back towards the shore!

So, how come the car wasn't facing that way in the water then?

Was it pushed in the lake backwards?!?

Because I'm pretty sure Kiely wouldn't have driven it in the lake backwards!
Not unless she had the car in reverse and thought it was in drive, then hit the gas. Buy yeah, I'm really questioning how it ended up facing away when my hand exercise (and scissors. lol) showed me it would be facing from the direction it came.

Last edited:
I agree they can get out of hand, but when they do, people talk, have pictures. There is one picture, yet 2-300 people there, and many to say goodbye to seniors? Sami, and who says there were 2-300? And where are all the social media posts announcing the party? No way would all those people be doing illegal things and not want parents or someone to know they were there. I just don't believe this was a big, out of control party, at all. And where is Sami et al now that she is found? JMHO.

I do wonder myself though about the phones. They were obviously USING the phones because going to Kiely's car and charging phones was something SS talked about. iPhones charge quickly, right?

My understanding as a parent is young people prefer different types of social media. I'm sure the invites are out there, but TOS would prohibit sharing. I think photos, videos, etc are probably on phones and maybe were shared on places where we would not easily come cross them. i.e. you wouldn't type in "Beekarina, Websleuths Party '22" and find a big album. :)

So,

- enter the water front end first
- roll sideways while floating away from shore so that now the bottom of the car has become the top and the roof is underwater
- sink engine-first and land vertically (car bottom is on the side that is facing away from shore)
- fall over backwards (back toward shore) instead of forwards so that the front is still facing away from shore

Seems possible, actually. Just not the way I have been visualizing it. Interesting.

I do wonder myself though about the phones. They were obviously USING the phones because going to Kiely's car and charging phones was something SS talked about. iPhones charge quickly, right?

My understanding as a parent is young people prefer different types of social media. I'm sure the invites are out there, but TOS would prohibit sharing. I think photos, videos, etc are probably on phones and maybe were shared on places where we would not easily come cross them. i.e. you wouldn't type in "Beekarina, Websleuths Party '22" and find a big album. :)
Never have I not seen sleuths, YouTubers etc find those posts. This story has gone viral nationwide. If there were pictures other than the one that's out there, and videos, announcements, anything, someone would have found something. This would be the first case with 2-300 people involved, and no pictures or videos leak? Something is super, super suspicious IMOO. Won't ever believe there were 2-300 people unless I see pics and videos myself.

Last edited:
It can list and roll onto its side. In a YouTube video there's a guy in a CR-V who opens his door and his begins rolling to the side it opened on. Another video showed a couple YouTubers drive a CR-V into a lake with the drivers side window open and it rolled to the left. So I'd imagine you're correct, it could roll sideways with her driver's side back window open. I think somehow the passenger front window broke hitting something on the floor of the reservoir, but that's just a hunch. It makes most sense to me that it might have rolled left, and angled nose down, and then leveled out more or less as it hit the bottom.
I agree that something like that happened.

Car drove forward into the water. Water level was up so it was relatively shallow where it went in. Window down so it sank quickly. Rolled along the bottom into deeper water and then eventually, for whatever reason, flipped over onto its top.

JMHO

On my SUV, there is a gap between the back seats and where that cover secures. Anyone know how big that gap is on the CRV if it has one?
If you're talking about the dimensions of the cargo area... all I could find is 37.2 cubic feet but thinking you're looking more for dimension in inches? Also, which area of the cover securing are you asking about? Mine has 2 areas. The back of the cover which fits in kinda like how you put as toilet paper bar into the holder. Then you pull it to cover the back, and secure it by sliding it through a V-shaped outline on the sides of the car. So basically the cover is secured in 2 areas. Front and back.

If that's not what you're asking for, can you state it in another way? TIA. :)

Either way... I didn't understand @Truckeeite's Q the first time I read it so went out to measure how much I could see through the gap in the end of the cover when it's pulled closed. Note that I have a Subaru but this is likely close, and gets my point across.

So, with the cover closed, and peering through the back window of my Subaru, I could see a LOT more than you'd think. It's always bugged me that they didn't fit that cover better to reach closer to the door. Anyway, so I moved around to see exactly how far into the back I could see. Much more than the gap between flap end and door. I could see 8.5" from the very front (which is the back of the car) and 8.5" into the cargo area. I had to move my head up and down to see the entire area. IOW, had I just stood there and peeked in without moving my head up and down, I'd only see through an inch or so gap. But moving my head up, then bending down (to lower my vantage point), I had more visibility. I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm out and about! I had never considered it through a thieves eyes. I just knew there was like a 1" gap when in actuality, you can see further into the cargo area if you just try. Not sure how it works on a Honda CR-V.

It can list and roll onto its side. In a YouTube video there's a guy in a CR-V who opens his door and his begins rolling to the side it opened on. Another video showed a couple YouTubers drive a CR-V into a lake with the drivers side window open and it rolled to the left. So I'd imagine you're correct, it could roll sideways with her driver's side back window open. I think somehow the passenger front window broke hitting something on the floor of the reservoir, but that's just a hunch. It makes most sense to me that it might have rolled left, and angled nose down, and then leveled out more or less as it hit the bottom.
That makes sense. So if a sinking car has an open window or door it will roll to that particular side that's open.

Thinking about Kiely's car, the passenger front window was open, plus the driver's side back window was half way down. Would that even out the car rolling in one direction or the other since water was flowing in from both sides of the vehicle? Or do you think it would still roll?

That makes sense. So if a sinking car has an open window or door it will roll to that particular side that's open.

Thinking about Kiely's car, the passenger front window was open, plus the driver's side back window was half way down. Would that even out the car rolling in one direction or the other since water was flowing in from both sides of the vehicle? Or do you think it would still roll?
BBM

What if the car had its wheels basically on the bottom the whole time and filled up with water equally from both sides? And then when it got into deeper water the bottom was uneven or something and it flipped over on its side and then its top?

No idea, really, but something like that seems possible.

JMHO

BBM

What if the car had its wheels basically on the bottom the whole time and filled up with water equally from both sides? And then when it got into deeper water the bottom was uneven or something and it flipped over on its side and then its top?

No idea, really, but something like that seems possible.

JMHO
There are a lot of variables. The windows were open. The water was shallow, only about 18' deep at the time. The length of the car itself is about 15'. The car may not have had the time nor the water depth to nose straight down and then flip on its top, front facing the shore. Add to that one window was completely down and open and a window on the other side was only partially open, creating a differential as far as water inflow to the car. It's also likely the car was not completely vertical (or even close to it) when the nose hit bottom, then rolled before finally settling on its roof.

There's no way to know unless the MAIT can figure it out. IMO

I’m still very surprised that AWP found Kiely’s car so quickly, after LE searched extensively with no results. It doesn’t instill confidence. I hope that all evidence was preserved in such a way that the investigation is not compromised (thinking about the way the car was removed from the water etc). I have no idea if AWP is able to draw conclusions regarding foul play, but I am troubled by their opinion. I also wish they had more time during their search for Suzanne Morphew. They’re impressive.

I've lived in 2 states, and had 6+ cars, and they ALL reflect the month in which the car was bought, which is the same as when tags are gotten. They have never coincided with my birthday month. It's kinda neat and clean that way IMHO. You retag your car X years from when you got your first tags for it. Not X years and X months. Tell New England DMV to get with the program. lol :p
In my state it's based on the first letter of your last name, which makes it great fun to renew for the entire family in the same month, haha.

I just would like to ask a couple of questions. Milewise or footage wise, how far was the party site to where her car entered the water? Were there two places it was going on or one? How many days after her initial disappearance was it that LE actually searched the exact area where her vehicle was located? Was it a week or was it 2 days or what? And then finally how many days from LE's search and to when the underwater team actually located the vehicle? I hope these questions are clear?

In my state it's based on the first letter of your last name, which makes it great fun to renew for the entire family in the same month, haha.
I don't know how they determine it in California.

Here is is based on birth month. Bought a new car in March and plates are good until 7/23. So this time it worked in my favor.

I’m still very surprised that AWP found Kiely’s car so quickly, after LE searched extensively with no results. It doesn’t instill confidence. I hope that all evidence was preserved in such a way that the investigation is not compromised (thinking about the way the car was removed from the water etc). I have no idea if AWP is able to draw conclusions regarding foul play, but I am troubled by their opinion. I also wish they had more time during their search for Suzanne Morphew. They’re impressive.
Yeah, I agree.

Evidently LE had the same type of equipment that AWP had (so I have heard) but didn't find it due to lack of the kind of experience that AWP has.

I think that is basically what LE said at some of their press conferences.

Anyway, they found her and that is the main thing.

JMHO

I just would like to ask a couple of questions. Milewise or footage wise, how far was the party site to where her car entered the water? Were there two places it was going on or one? How many days after her initial disappearance was it that LE actually searched the exact area where her vehicle was located? Was it a week or was it 2 days or what? And then finally how many days from LE's search and to when the underwater team actually located the vehicle? I hope these questions are clear?
Those are excellent questions!

Only one I think I have the answer to is the distance was maybe under a mile by road and less as the crow flies? But not really sure about that.

Even though we have ruminated over this for quite some time, I don't know that we know for sure the answers to your other questions. Maybe we do but I don't remember if that is the case.

JMHO

This shows a Honda CRV 2013 hatch interior. Don’t know if you can judge the gap.
View attachment 364458
Yea hard to tell but doesn't look like a big gap from this angle. On mine, it's big enough for a small woman to probably be showing through. OTOH, these things are pretty flimsy. I'm not going to try flipping my car and putting my weight on it underwater, but I would imagine it might give way. And then a body might be visible even if it had originally been under the flap.

I know @franker answered your first question. And BTW there are countless maps in T1-7 and the separate Thread for this case has articles, timeliness, video...

As for your other questions, today I watched the Profiling Evil episode from a couple days ago that an OP suggested. The host cited a fact(oid) - perhaps deduced from the PCSO daily search stats- that LE searched Prosser Lake 8/9-10 . That would mean LE started 3 days after KR disappeared and ended 11 days before she was found by AWP. That is, IF those dates are correct.

So now I'm curious where you are going with this?

I think a few logical questions could help determine what happened that fateful night.

• What gear was the car in when it came to rest on the bottom of the Reservoir?
  • Were her headlights on?
  • Which seat belts were either locked in place or unlocked in the car? Was KR locked into any of the seat belts?
  • Were the doors and hatch unlocked and/or opened? Was the sunroof open?
  • Was her phone ever found? If so was it in close proximity to her car?

• The autopsy will also speak volumes. I am not a medical professional and I don't know how long tissue can be preserved after being underwater two weeks regarding toxicology and/or decomposition?

• Can the CRV's electrical systems (EDR) still have functional readings after being underwater for two weeks?

These are only questions only LE can answer.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member