Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 364532

The only drone footage I've ever seen was taken by AWP, which the above stills are from, as they had their drone up while the vehicle was being recovered. They had not been to this lake before the day they found the car, the same day the images are from.
This is getting confusing. The video I saw had a woman narrating as I assume she flew the drone.
I'll find it again I'm sure.
Have looked through most of 2 of the threads now before this one and haven't seen what I am 90% positive I saw posted here.

NOTE for the mods: IF I cannot find it on here again I will ask before posting it to make sure It's ok to be posted here if it wasn't before and got deleted.

This is getting confusing. The video I saw had a woman narrating as I assume she flew the drone.
Have looked through most of 2 of the threads now before this one and haven't seen what I am 90% positive I saw posted here.

NOTE for the mods: IF I cannot find it on here again I will ask before posting it to make sure It's ok to be posted here if it wasn't before and got deleted.
<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="KR-party-lake-footage.mp4 from Steve Fischer on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the footage of Steve Fischer (the PI sf_investigates) which has been posted & discussed before, so I think it's OK to post. At around 2:38 time stamp he flies over the area where the car was. Not convinced I can see anything, but someone with better eyesight may.

Maybe not use more man hours with divers but a drone could have worked wonders (and did, or we wouldn't have that picture).
This comment, in my opinion, is incorrect. It makes it sound like someone could have discovered the vehicle before AWP found it, by using a drone, and that this picture shows it would have been possible.

The picture is of the vehicle as it is being towed to the shore. It has been uprighted and the white roof is visible. It is not what a drone would have seen the day before.

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="KR-party-lake-footage.mp4 from Steve Fischer on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the footage of Steve Fischer (the PI sf_investigates) which has been posted & discussed before, so I think it's OK to post. At around 2:38 time stamp he flies over the area where the car was. Not convinced I can see anything, but someone with better eyesight may.
That's so beautiful but awful, knowing at the time she was there.
I'm not sure he is going out 80-85 feet from shore, or even 60, but what an excellent example of what is said by helicopter pilots of the difficulty of looking for something "in a mirror".

Do we know if Kiely's car had a cover like this installed, because I don't think they come with the standard purchase of a Honda CRV and this look to me like a photo from a company that sells these kinds of covers, but it is not a Honda product per se. I may be reading this wrong, but that's how it looks to me. When we looked at Honda CRV's before we bought ours, we never saw one with a cover in the cargo area.
I really don’t know if Kiely had a cover like this, or even if her vehicle came with one, if she used it. It looks like it might get in the way of being able to toss things in back.

Question: Would a CRV fit in a toy hauler? They come in large sizes, right? I've never owned either, but was thinking of possibilities with that outdoors lifestyle vibe, how someone might be able to get her vehicle right down in there, not attractattention, wait until no one else was around, and push it in.

Theory/question only. Not an idea I'm strongly in support of, just wondering how possible it would be with a small SUV.

Is it just me or does the photo appear to be taken at a junkyard/ scrapyard?
Maybe? It looks very desert compared to the other images of the general area to me. I've never been to Truckee though, so not sure how much it all varies.

Who says the phone wasn't in her car?. LE have given literally zero information save for a positive ID.

Plus, a MacBook charger was clearly visible, and i thought, but was not 100% certain, that I saw a MacBook as well.

Edited to add: when Kiely was first missing we also learned she had an iPad, which was at home. So, an iPhone, a MacBook and an iPad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those all sync, right?

Source for the iPad: Creepy message on missing teen's sweater revealed after she VANISHED

There some who have questioned the events of the gathering/party, myself included. Here is something to ponder.

Now, i'm not pointing my finger at any one individual it is just my opinion.

Rarely ever people are lying. They might be misleading you, but they are misleading you with a true story. So if you are looking for deception, you are looking in the wrong place. What you need to look for is, what the person doesn't tell you. Look for the story behind the story. Meaning the story that the person doesn't tell you.

MOO

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited:
I’ll go check how much the water level changed from the date Kiely went missing and recovery.
@Curiosa20, LE stated at a past presser the water level was 3.5-4' higher when KR went missing compared to when her car was found. And they also said that would mean the edge of the water was 20-25' further up shore when KR went missing.

IIRC the video you're referencing was a day or two before AWP found KR. That may help your search for it ~8/19-20?

Also, it was a sunny day and the video was essentially blue water reflecting blue sky and clouds. I never saw the object the droner thought might be KR's car. But certainly she thinks she did.

You can also use the search feature, thread by thread searching "drone" maybe.

Where did you get the VIN from? I have seen it before but cannot find it now.
When the Petito case was going on; the VIN for Gabby's van was made public and sales details of the vans "life" were easily findable.
I cannot find any of that with Kiely's Honda

The family’s website gives details about Rodni’s car. “Her car has not been located,” it says. The vehicle is a 2013 Hondo CRV with a California license plate, number 8YUR127. The VIN number is 2HKRM4H35DH689544.

IIRC the video you're referencing was a day or two before AWP found KR. That may help your search for it ~8/19-20?

Also, it was a sunny day and the video was essentially blue water reflecting blue sky and clouds. I never saw the object the droner thought might be KR's car. But certainly she thinks she did.

You can also use the search feature, thread by thread searching "drone" maybe.

I personally don't think the car could be seen by the drone. AWP were literally sat over the top of it in their boat,in 5ft less water and couldn't see it without the sonar.
With it being upside down I think it made it even more difficult. JMO

Last edited:
I really don’t know if Kiely had a cover like this, or even if her vehicle came with one, if she used it. It looks like it might get in the way of being able to toss things in back.

The cover retracts and opened or closed, my own has never impeded my use of the cargo area.

I wonder with water levels higher if there isn't an area where the shore drop off might have been higher. IMO her vehicle wasn't necessarily recovered in reverse of its flight path. Depending how she was parked, if she lurched forward or in reverse while intending to do the opposite and/or hit the gas and not the brake, could she have entered at a point with some depth to begin with?

Ok.

Cleaned up a capture of the damage and the strap from a screenshot of AWP. I think it really does look like seatbelt material, however I would caution that a lot of things look like those types of belts--i.e. backpacks, sleeping bags sacks, etc as i mentioned in a previous reply. Comparison to a stock image of a CRV, this would be the rear passenger side of the vehicle, where you see exhaust. 2013 Honda CR-V Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and PhotosView attachment 364454

View attachment 364452

Tow Truck Nick said the girl was asking about how to attach a seatbelt, but apparently, she was asking about attaching her own belt or belt loop to the seat belt - that is such a strange thing to ask?

If the above does show the seat belt (I assume the one that hangs from the roof for the middle seat), then that is strange too - as they wind back when released, so unless broken there is no reason why it would accidentally get trapped in the trunk/boot door surely?

I think if it was to be ruled foul play, like the case of Sarah Everard in the UK, when LE release their findings and detail all the evidence they actually have but never released, we could be in for a surprise!

I personally don't think the car could be seen by the drone. AWP were literally sat over the top of it in their boat,in 5ft less water and couldn't see it without the sonar.
With it being upside down I think it made it even more difficult. JMO

I watchted the 'How we found ...' video of AWP again, and the first thing they notice is a shadow 'that should not be there'. Next they go around the object many times - is it a boat? is it a wheel- and then somehow Doug notices a wheel in a blurry image.
I do wonder how he does that because I don't see it no matter how hard I stare at the image.

IMO the car wasn't visible at all, only the shadow and probably only with sonar.

The discovery of the shadow starts at around 26 minutes, it is fascinating video. The object that they discovered is very different seen from various angles but step by step Doug - and Nick - reach the conclusion that this is ineed a car. IMO this takes a lot of expertise.

FYI in the video, the window on the passenger side is wide open, the window on the driver's side is closed. The window behind the driver's seat is half open. The mirrors are undamaged.

I watchted the 'How we found ...' video of AWP again, and the first thing they notice is a shadow 'that should not be there'. Next they go around the object many times - is it a boat? is it a wheel- and then somehow Doug notices a wheel in a blurry image.
I do wonder how he does that because I don't see it no matter how hard I stare at the image.

IMO the car wasn't visible at all, only the shadow and probably only with sonar.

The discovery of the shadow starts at around 26 minutes, it is fascinating video. The object that they discovered is very different seen from various angles but step by step Doug - and Nick - reach the conclusion that this is ineed a car. IMO this takes a lot of expertise.

FYI in the video, the window on the passenger side is wide open, the window on the driver's side is closed. The window behind the driver's seat is half open. The mirrors are undamaged.
Yes, @ZaZara, I have come to think of AWP Doug as the underwater Sonar Whisperer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli