Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to California law on autopsy reports being public record and what is exempt from public record. It does not mention minor child autopsy records as being exempt. It should be known, at some point at least, if manner of death is a homicide or not. But there are different classifications of death by homicide.

Tow Truck Nick said the girl was asking about how to attach a seatbelt, but apparently, she was asking about attaching her own belt or belt loop to the seat belt - that is such a strange thing to ask?

If the above does show the seat belt (I assume the one that hangs from the roof for the middle seat), then that is strange too - as they wind back when released, so unless broken there is no reason why it would accidentally get trapped in the trunk/boot door surely?

I think if it was to be ruled foul play, like the case of Sarah Everard in the UK, when LE release their findings and detail all the evidence they actually have but never released, we could be in for a surprise!

Like as if the back seatbelt was holding her, stopping her from floating?

Please correct me if I am wrong that water can be in the lungs, even if the person didn't drown, if the person was submerged in water for a period of time? I don't remember the case, but I thought a coroner did say that after time, with decomposition it can be hard to tell whether there was water in the lungs from drowning or not. I know if you go into water already passed and not breathing, you will not have water in your lungs. What about after time?

Where did you get the VIN from? I have seen it before but cannot find it now.
When the Petito case was going on; the VIN for Gabby's van was made public and sales details of the vans "life" were easily findable.
I cannot find any of that with Kiely's Honda
You start with the license plate which has been all over the news and is also on her missing poster. You enter it into a site such as:

The VIN is right underneath the name of the car. You take the VIN and enter it in a site such as:

:)

I was looking up info on the moon for Truckee on 8/6. It was Waxing Gibbous, but what I found more interesting is that moonset was 12:22am, so was likely pretty darn dark when her phone stopped pinging and she went missing. That could have made things more disorienting for her when her phone stopped pinging as that is likely when her car entered the water. I say likely because not everyone is convinced that her car went in shortly after texting her mom. Some are considering she was put in the lake afterward. I am considering all of those options.

1662482554167.png

Please correct me if I am wrong that water can be in the lungs, even if the person didn't drown, if the person was submerged in water for a period of time? I don't remember the case, but I thought a coroner did say that after time, with decomposition it can be hard to tell whether there was water in the lungs from drowning or not. I know if you go into water already passed and not breathing, you will not have water in your lungs. What about after time?

I'm not sure, but have heard/read something similar.

There is also the possibility of entering the water alive, but unconscious. So there could be foul play that would look like drowning and be possibly inconclusive? This is probably where other things would come into play, like the toxicology, any injuries, etc.

I'm not sure, but have heard/read something similar.

There is also the possibility of entering the water alive, but unconscious. So there could be foul play that would look like drowning and be possibly inconclusive? This is probably where other things would come into play, like the toxicology, any injuries, etc.
“Indeed there may well be occasions when it proves difficult to establish whether or not the deceased was alive when they entered the water; this is because that even if an individual is deceased when they enter the water, providing the body remains submerged for a period of time, then the lungs will fill up anyway.”

Tow Truck Nick said the girl was asking about how to attach a seatbelt, but apparently, she was asking about attaching her own belt or belt loop to the seat belt - that is such a strange thing to ask?

If the above does show the seat belt (I assume the one that hangs from the roof for the middle seat), then that is strange too - as they wind back when released, so unless broken there is no reason why it would accidentally get trapped in the trunk/boot door surely?

I think if it was to be ruled foul play, like the case of Sarah Everard in the UK, when LE release their findings and detail all the evidence they actually have but never released, we could be in for a surprise!
I owned a Honda Pilot years ago, and was trying to remember how that belt functioned. I had kids in carseats when I owned the car, but got a better install with the seats on the sides vs that middle position.

This video reminded me there are 2 latch points, which of course there would be.

The video itself is interesting.

In a CRV, the belt is behind the driver's seat?

And in that image, it would be clearly sticking OUT the passenger side, IF it is in fact, that belt. (reattaching same cleaned up image from previous_

scrapes.png

In a CRV, the belt is behind the driver's seat?

And in that image, it would be clearly sticking OUT the passenger side, IF it is in fact, that belt. (reattaching same cleaned up image from previous_

View attachment 364602

This video shows wear the seat belt is located for the middle back seat. It shows a 2016 CRV, which is what I have. The seat belt is located on the roof of the cargo area, on the driver side of the car. It wouldn't stick out the passenger side, I wouldn't think, since once released it would be retracted back to the cargo area roof, I would think.

Doug from AWP said this about Prosser Reservoir's conditions the day they discovered KR's car on the DutyRon interview: "Very shallow, no current, great visibility." He also said the water was 80 degrees F.

Possible.

Or...she was recognizable.

What if she really wasn't in the water yet when LE searched Prosser?

Remember they were so confident that they told AWP they did not need to search there?

There was obviously some algae/slime on her vehicle. I'm not sure what would be typical given estimated length of time, temperature and so on.

Just something to consider since we have a *possible* sighting by Roadside Nick, which may have been after the party. This could change the timeline.

We have law enforcement doing a very thorough search of Prosser, and also telling AWP as much, sharing info, etc. and then look where Kiely was found? So close to shore?

I'm really not sure what to think about any of this. I feel as though anything is possible.
They didn’t tell AWP they didn’t need to search there. They told them they had already searched it.
AWP is pretty much always searching bodies of water that Le has already searched. It’s what they do.

Went through the AWP video specifically looking for different angles on whatever is hanging out the back of the trunk hatch. IMO, it does look like some sort of strap. Not sure if it means anything or not.

Attachments

• KRvid35.23.png
    KRvid35.23.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 62
  • KRvid35.24.png
    KRvid35.24.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 54
  • KRvid35.26.png
    KRvid35.26.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 53
  • KRvid38.34.png
    KRvid38.34.png
    560.5 KB · Views: 59
Josh Cantu, a spokesman for the diving group Adventures With Purpose, told the New York Post about the discovery on Sunday and said: “Police told us they did a rigorous search of this body of water. They gave us a grid map and made us confident we didn’t need to search here.”

I read/heard accounts by other members of AWP saying effectively same thing. Unless your point is interpreting what I wrote as they forbade them to search? That is not what I meant.

Edited: this was in reply to @getthefax a couple of posts prior. Not sure why reply did not carry forward.

This is getting confusing. The video I saw had a woman narrating as I assume she flew the drone.
I'll find it again I'm sure.
Have looked through most of 2 of the threads now before this one and haven't seen what I am 90% positive I saw posted here.

NOTE for the mods: IF I cannot find it on here again I will ask before posting it to make sure It's ok to be posted here if it wasn't before and got deleted.
If it’s the one you’re thinking of, I think there was a lot of talk about the reflections of clouds in the water and whether one of the shots showed a car or a cloud?

I think being in complete darkness, upside down vehicle, shock and probably drunk can easily make you so disoriented you just follow the air, even all the way back of the vehicle.

On the other hand, with said disorientation ja confusion, I could see someone thinking they are pushing through the open window gap while they are in fact going through the gap between rear headrests.

I think highly of AWP, but they dont have much experience with fresh cases. Also Nick the diver was, from what I understood, first time doing a solo recovery dive and that being the case probably first time seeing a corpse so fresh. Something relatively normal for a submerged body may have seem to him suspicious and shocking, hence the reaction.

Also sorry if my english seems weird, not my native language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955