Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is @airyberry's original post with the NVCO call log screen shot.
And here is my post responding to airyberry's post, transcribing that 8/23 log - the one you posted a screen shot of just now.
Thank you..couldn't find it at all.

And then, of course, we're interested because we are interested in this kind of thing. She probably isn't. I mean, I don't tell many people offline that I try and match up unidentified remains to long missing people late at night when I can't sleep. Most people would wonder why on earth I do THAT? We'd probably have a hard time convincing her we mean well.
RSBM for clarity

Many of us have the best intentions; it's the few that don't that make families dislike people like us.

Wanting to hold LE accountable is not a bad thing IMO

<modsnip>

I haven’t forgotten that it was SS that initially said that someone must know something and wasn’t coming forward. And I haven’t forgotten that their local LE jumped in and reinforced the idea that other people had to have information, and that they were treating the case as an abduction. With the FBI involved, it was only natural that the public would consider foul play. And until LE comes forward and rules it out, people will continue to consider foul play. It’s what we do. It’s natural for people to ask questions. Kiely would still be missing if not for social media and the reach out to AWP. Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

Perhaps when the initial stage of her grief has subsided, LR-N will be able to her use her words to encourage positive action. Personally, I hope she will be able to spread the word to LE of the dangers of these types of parties, and have them shut down. At a minimum, to get word out to teens of how to watch out for one another.

jmo
You are right, this started as a possible abduction. The public was fully invested, should be welcomed, and thanked. If this were my child, I would want EVERYONE who was willing to speculate and help on the case to do so. Why would someone NOT want ALL of the help they could get? Why would LE NOT want all of the help they could get?? The ONLY problems I see here are the clear mistakes that LE has made, the lack of transparency with the public, the confusing statements made by the people who were with her that night, and the desire for some not to deal with the possibility or reality that this was foul play. They asked us to help. Now they want us to go away and forget about it. I am not sure everyone close to Kiely feels the same, time will tell.

This was one of the reasons why I don’t think AWP should be making public statements about what they found and what it means.
I am a big fan of AWP, long before they helped with the recovery of KR's vehicle.
I do, however, agree with you completely. Information leakage could potentially compromise effective prosecution, if this turns out to be a crime. While in a big way they were heroes in this case, they have also unwittingly hurt their reputation by providing too much info to the public. Such is the social media age I am afraid.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Regrettably, I listened to that segment and a bit more, again.
AWP Doug did not confirm or address in that segment any of the questions asked by McBridey.
In fact, he spent several minutes qualifying RA’s report- leaving plenty of wiggle room saying in essence… but.. lots of blond girls in California, millions of the same hats, and keep in mind that RA “put it all together” a week later when he finally saw a flyer…. all in response to the question “do you think it was Kiely?”
And nothing about the license plate being Kiely’s car.
The difference that exists between AWP verified that RA made a report to LE and that report being corroborated by LE as having been a confirmed encounter AND Kiely’s car are two very different realities!
Considering someone credible does not mean that their statements or experience can be proven. It does not mean on face value that they are true or lies or tricks of memory. It means that the person presents information or an experience that in the moment seems plausible, worthy of consideration.
In the context of a missing child investigation, it does not seem appropriate on any level to exploit that and drag innocents into the fray.
RA was at Boca, now understood to be on Saturday around 11-12. He must have dealt with a blond and a brown haired male teen. Great.
Why AWP decided to film and record more detailed information implying that they got the goods, only to be released later depending on how the investigation goes, according to Doug, is IMO problematic to say the least.
I would think that the fact that a vehicle with wheels was identified hours before LE was notified, then filmed, may have been a factor in why by Doug’s acknowledgement AWP film and diving crew were ordered to leave the perimeter and not consulted for the retrieval.
They are great at discovery and deserve recognition for that. I will assume they have good experience in retrieval. It is irrelevant anyway since they were not ever an official element of the search. They are not known for being investigators of an active missing child search investigative team.
I saw 2 videos where LE retrieved one vehicle with remains while AWP was sent off in the distance to watch and another dramatic event where they coordinated with another crew and got permission from LE et al agencies beforehand in a complicated recovery of a very cold case. IMO they are going to have to up their credentials or change their promotional marketing style before being made consultants or considered trustworthy for a high profile active investigation.
For those entertaining the fantasy scenario of AWP doing undercover work for LE, trying to ensare someone through the sensationalized video, I say that is way off track. MOO
I agree 100%. Many folks think that criticism of AWP’s post recovery statements means that we do not think they did a phenomenal job of recovering KR and her vehicle.
That is not true. We do appreciate their experience and expertise in finding metal objects submerged in water. They originally started by looking for salvage and gained proficiency in finding vehicles in water. They are great at what they do.

Regrettably, I listened to that segment and a bit more, again.
AWP Doug did not confirm or address in that segment any of the questions asked by McBridey.
In fact, he spent several minutes qualifying RA’s report- leaving plenty of wiggle room saying in essence… but.. lots of blond girls in California, millions of the same hats, and keep in mind that RA “put it all together” a week later when he finally saw a flyer…. all in response to the question “do you think it was Kiely?”
And nothing about the license plate being Kiely’s car.
The difference that exists between AWP verified that RA made a report to LE and that report being corroborated by LE as having been a confirmed encounter AND Kiely’s car are two very different realities!
Considering someone credible does not mean that their statements or experience can be proven. It does not mean on face value that they are true or lies or tricks of memory. It means that the person presents information or an experience that in the moment seems plausible, worthy of consideration.
In the context of a missing child investigation, it does not seem appropriate on any level to exploit that and drag innocents into the fray.
RA was at Boca, now understood to be on Saturday around 11-12. He must have dealt with a blond and a brown haired male teen. Great.
Why AWP decided to film and record more detailed information implying that they got the goods, only to be released later depending on how the investigation goes, according to Doug, is IMO problematic to say the least.
I would think that the fact that a vehicle with wheels was identified hours before LE was notified, then filmed, may have been a factor in why by Doug’s acknowledgement AWP film and diving crew were ordered to leave the perimeter and not consulted for the retrieval.
They are great at discovery and deserve recognition for that. I will assume they have good experience in retrieval. It is irrelevant anyway since they were not ever an official element of the search. They are not known for being investigators of an active missing child search investigative team.
I saw 2 videos where LE retrieved one vehicle with remains while AWP was sent off in the distance to watch and another dramatic event where they coordinated with another crew and got permission from LE et al agencies beforehand in a complicated recovery of a very cold case. IMO they are going to have to up their credentials or change their promotional marketing style before being made consultants or considered trustworthy for a high profile active investigation.
For those entertaining the fantasy scenario of AWP doing undercover work for LE, trying to ensare someone through the sensationalized video, I say that is way off track. MOO
"wiggle room" You are right.
Great catch and characterization !

I went back to the recent new video, now too
And it seemed a bit different to me...
I could have sworn that a call asked about the Road assistant's account
and K's License plate #. And that Doug (AWP) said, "It is all confirmed"

But now watching, the question doesn't include license plate #
Also the word "confirmed" is now "credible".

These I could assume was the result of my error.
But later on, when he answers a caller's question, Doug says, "We are talking about K___, right?

That reminded me that when I first viewed the video, a caller was comparing this case to a previous case,
so Doug had to indicate when he was back to talking about K.

When I watched it recently, there was no discussion of a former case by a caller
so there was no need to say, "we are talking about K, right?"
Yet, he said it.

So I am confused. What is the probability that videos are modified once on YT?

But he is a hero, and Like WS members are saying, he does have to be discreet.

Even a question about the phone call to Nick, (RA), he said he can not talk about
But he did talk about it in his first "public" AWP video.
His discretion seems to be cooperating with LE 's work

I

Last edited:
Snipping and bolding my own post, so I don't have to be respectful, right? ;)

OK, I feel a bit dense having to retrace old sleuthing ground on this case. So far I have found EDR data points required by the NHTSA for newer cars (below). But that likely excludes the 2013 model year since the regulation was passed 2012.

For some older model years, I have found information indicating many EDRs only recorded air bag deployment. So the key to answer my own question is to determine what specific EDR data a 2013 Honda CRV would collect?

This is from a 2020 law article: What Your Car’s EDR May Reveal About Your Driving Habits

ET: fix minor typos

View attachment 365803
It may be a possibility that newer EDRs have time/date recording capability, but based on what I've read from the NHTSA about requirements of one's certified from 2012 on they don't. They record time from the event or when the airbag deployment system wakes up, and time from one impact to a secondary impact, but not the date/time it occurred. If anything Kiely might have something like the Drivewise app from Allstate or the Drive & Save app from State Farm that tracks vehicle acceleration and braking, along with the other data from each trip that she drove and that may be available to help investigators determine when the CR-V last drove and potentially crashed. I think those apps are popular for teens and they save lots of money on insurance premiums by proving to the insurer the drivers not using maximum acceleration at each green light, or slamming on braked at every red. This legal paper must have been referring to a specific newer type of EDR.

Police investigators working the KR case certainly would benefit greatly by having data recorded on her vehicle's Event Data Recorder, but even in, what I believe is the unlikely event of the EDR not recording pertinent data, or being too damaged to recover the data, The CHP MAIT team is comprised of investigators with specialized training in accident reconstruction.

The California Highway Patrol's (CHP) Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team (MAIT) Program was established in 1978. The severity and intricacy of traffic collisions dictated the need for more intensive investigations to determine subtle collision and injury causes. The objective of the MAIT Program is to provide the CHP with the means to conduct in-depth investigations and analyses of major traffic collisions throughout the state. Investigations include the reconstruction of an incident and a study of the factors that may have contributed to the incident. The factors include environmental, human and mechanical and are associated with the three phases of a collision which are pre-collision, at-collision and post-collision. The ultimate objective of the program is the utilization of these identified causation factors to prevent collisions of a similar nature from recurring.

The two categories of MAIT investigations include full and limited. In a full investigation, the team handles all aspects of a traffic collision investigation and their report is the original report. During a limited investigation, the team handles a specific aspect of a traffic collision and their report is a supplemental to an original report. The case workload is dictated by not only the number of requests from the CHP and allied agencies, but also the complexity and level of each investigation. The MAIT investigations can include, but are not limited to, information such as:

• Roadway Description
  • Driver Profiles
  • Autopsy and Injury Description
  • Physical Evidence Description
  • Physical Evidence Diagram
  • Physical Evidence Analysis
  • Vehicle Damage Description
  • Mechanical Inspection
  • Velocity Calculations
  • Dynamics Diagram
  • Time-Position Analysis
  • Collision Sequence
  • Conclusions
  • Recommendations
While getting data from the CRV would certainly be advantageous, I believe that with or without it, the investigators will be able to reconstruct this accident, and provide the most important answers as to what transpired that night, resulting in the death of KR. JMO

ttps://www.chp.ca.gov/find-an-office/headquarters/assistant-commissioner-staff/collision-investigation-unit/multidisciplinary-accident-investigation-teams

Last edited:
<modsnip>

I haven’t forgotten that it was SS that initially said that someone must know something and wasn’t coming forward. And I haven’t forgotten that their local LE jumped in and reinforced the idea that other people had to have information, and that they were treating the case as an abduction. With the FBI involved, it was only natural that the public would consider foul play. And until LE comes forward and rules it out, people will continue to consider foul play. It’s what we do. It’s natural for people to ask questions. Kiely would still be missing if not for social media and the reach out to AWP. Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

Perhaps when the initial stage of her grief has subsided, LR-N will be able to her use her words to encourage positive action. Personally, I hope she will be able to spread the word to LE of the dangers of these types of parties, and have them shut down. At a minimum, to get word out to teens of how to watch out for one another.

jmo
But this isn't fiction, though. We can't just dispute what LE accepted from the RA company. Its been accepted as fact by Websleuths. Its been posted numerous times so if there's a doubt one can go find the postings and judge for themselves. If something doesn't fit a particular mold but it happened then are we just suppose to overlook what actually happened?
I have no idea what @SW is referring to as established fact much less the reference and implied significance of LE accepting something from RA. Could you explain the extrapolation?

There was an open Tip line. Anyone and their brother or sister could provide information by phone, online, or walk-in that may or may not have been meaningful or helpful, resulting in a solid lead or not.
And I for one did not nor would not “think” that foul play was necessarily a factor in the FBI involvement. Rather I would wonder why if I did not know and search for why, finding that they are there and ready for any missing child case.
Why so many on SM or youtubers are so able to search for bizarre psychic dreams and technical minutia but not hit the keys to dispel the doubt about the FBI involvement is an alarming tendency IMO
From the search result for missing or abducted children FBI pops up a bold banner:

The FBI has jurisdiction to immediately investigate any reported mysterious disappearance or kidnapping involving a child. Do not wait to report a missing child. Call your local FBI field office or the closest international office.
Or learn something valuable through the link labeled on Google page as Protecting your Kids

Personally, I trust Kiely’s family in their search for justice. They better than any and all of us have had to deal with the many complicating factors and individuals. I sensed great significance in the mother’s statement- we’ve got this.
Leaving aside the culpability involved with the apparent supply of alcohol and drugs, I only see two viable tragic scenarios.
1. Kiely somehow lost control of her vehicle and drowned trying to escape an accident
2. Kiely and someone else in the car as a driver or passenger in her out of control vehicle tried to escape the rushing water. The other possible person escaped. If that happened, it makes more sense to me that the passenger broke rhe passenger window and got out before the vehicle filled with water, turned over, trapping Kiely.
Remember there were only seconds for survival in either case.
Can’t wait for the investigation reports.

AWP: How WE FOUND Kiely Rodni: MURDER or ACCIDENT?

Right from the beginning, with the very title of their vid, AWP is stepping over the line of their role, which is simply to find a person/car and let LE take over from there. A neutral title would be something like How We Found Kiely. What motivated AWP to offer an opinion? Why did they include a portion of RA Nick's interview?

AWP took no part in the recovery of K and her vehicle. LE pulled them without securing the car. Why? They also flipped it, which possibly compromised evidence such as K's position etc... Why? LE confirmed that items a random person found at the bottom of the lake days after the retrieval, such as a laptop, are now in LE's possession.

Where is Kiely's phone? Not in her car nor on the floor of the lake. Why?

Why did AWP put their reputation on the line by repeatedly commenting on elements of the case that went beyond the parameter of a search and find?

Why?

I have no idea what @SW is referring to as established fact much less the reference and implied significance of LE accepting something from RA. Could you explain the extrapolation?

There was an open Tip line. Anyone and their brother or sister could provide information by phone, online, or walk-in that may or may not have been meaningful or helpful, resulting in a solid lead or not.
And I for one did not nor would not “think” that foul play was necessarily a factor in the FBI involvement. Rather I would wonder why if I did not know and search for why, finding that they are there and ready for any missing child case.
Why so many on SM or youtubers are so able to search for bizarre psychic dreams and technical minutia but not hit the keys to dispel the doubt about the FBI involvement is an alarming tendency IMO
From the search result for missing or abducted children FBI pops up a bold banner:

The FBI has jurisdiction to immediately investigate any reported mysterious disappearance or kidnapping involving a child. Do not wait to report a missing child. Call your local FBI field office or the closest international office.
Or learn something valuable through the link labeled on Google page as Protecting your Kids

Personally, I trust Kiely’s family in their search for justice. They better than any and all of us have had to deal with the many complicating factors and individuals. I sensed great significance in the mother’s statement- we’ve got this.
Leaving aside the culpability involved with the apparent supply of alcohol and drugs, I only see two viable tragic scenarios.
1. Kiely somehow lost control of her vehicle and drowned trying to escape an accident
2. Kiely and someone else in the car as a driver or passenger in her out of control vehicle tried to escape the rushing water. The other possible person escaped. If that happened, it makes more sense to me that the passenger broke rhe passenger window and got out before the vehicle filled with water, turned over, trapping Kiely.
The FBI was involved because there was a possible abduction - which by my understanding is foul play. I briefly unglued myself from searching for bizarre psychic dreams and technical minutia and found this.

The search for Kiely involved multiple agencies, including the FBI, which investigated her disappearance as a possible child abduction following reports that the party grew to such a large size that there were people there that Kiely and her friends didn't know.

The FBI was involved because there was a possible abduction - which by my understanding is foul play. I briefly unglued myself from searching for bizarre psychic dreams and technical minutia and found this.

The search for Kiely involved multiple agencies, including the FBI, which investigated her disappearance as a possible child abduction following reports that the party grew to such a large size that there were people there that Kiely and her friends didn't know.

If that happened then why didn't the passenger tell LE, or Kiely's family it was an accident.

Touche!
Local PCSO repeatedly stated and discussed publically in a press conference that there was no evidence of an abduction. That’s why no Amber Alert was ever issued.
That abduction scare was a phantom conjured up by SS weird older guys declarations which she also later walked back as college guys partying with them by saying verbatim as I recall “because, why not?” That became my favorite line in this drama.

Plain and simple, the FBI came in on a Missing Child report. That’s all they need to assist. JMOO

The RA company submitted the footage and service logs (for further evidence of the servie call) of the call Nick attended to is what I was referring to.

If that happened then why didn't the passenger tell LE, or Kiely's family it was an accident.
That is a good question IF that is what happened. However I doubt we'll ever know.
Have to basically wait and see what if anything LE or Kiely's family releases in the future IF anything gets released.

MOO and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member