Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Beekarina, you were very clear enough last night in the post you describe. You got me thinking hard about what those marks may be. I just didn't respond because I couldn't figure out anything worth sharing here. My imagination loves to ponder again whether there was some rough driving on the beach and KR's car got punted into the water by someone from behind.

You might want to post that image again in case your new post or this one catches anyone's attention.
Thank you @RedHaus

Link to my original post:

repost of the image from AWP video of finding Kiely's vehicle. This is the rear if the SUVScreen Shot 2022-09-03 at 3.32.23 PM.png:

Last edited:
I am surprised given how high profile this case is that LE has not given any updates especially after the AWP video and Doug from AWP doing YT/Podcast interviews + Q&A’s detailing what they found and how they think a lot more things will come out from the LE investigation soon - basically implying foul play…is it normal for LE to just leave it now until they are ready to report their findings?

I'm only seeing paint chips on the ridges. I have the same thing on my car.
If someone punted a car into the lake, I'd expect their airbag to deploy.

That's just it. We believe the airbags may have deployed based on previous discussion and stills other members captured.

I might be wrong, but those look recent to me--there are similar on opposite side I cannot quite screenshot-- and they look like"bumper dings" to me.

I'm obviously out of the loop here, trying to remain in TOS. I'm concerned I will see something elsewhere, forget and quote it in a post here.

That all seems very heavy, related or not, for an area that size. :(

I think I’ve missed something here. I apologize for asking this and don’t mean to intrude! However, since it’s something that apparently can’t be discussed here, is it possible to give a small hint of where to look? For example twitter, FB or YouTube and maybe a search term?
I understand if this is not possible!

@TartLemon -
I actually did not mean to reply directly to you and I wasn’t disagreeing.
I grabbed a second as we get ready to leave for some relief from historic and brutal heat.
Let’s keep in mind it only takes 6 inches to lose traction and 2 feet of water to start to float many cars.
I read on a professional recovery site that vehicles have a tendency to roll to the right when sinking. Something about the engine.
I believe the car entered water, titled to passenger side and turtled over on the passenger side. Then floated wheels up. Pro sites all say vehicles float for 30-120 seconds. So the physics involved in how Kiely’s car made it out the equivalent of roughly 80 feet from the shore at time of the tragedy are a vital component in unraveling the disturbingly sad catastrophe.
Remember too that the FBI CARD team oversaw the retrieval and processing of evidence- below and above water. I seem to recall they were underwater for about 5 hours! Onsite news team- I think KCRA - filmed it all live for many hours. Basically from beginning to end.

It matters in the context of what caused the damage, when it happened and if it resulted in her inability to roll down her window and contributed to her death.

For example, some of the possibilities we discussed have included cars horsing around on the beach, swerving to miss something, someone, etc.

I do NOT think it looks as though she rolled her CRV prior to entering the water, but last night, I did note and screenshot what appeared to be recent damage to the rear of her vehicle while it was still underwater with AWP. If I had to venture a guess, it looks like she backed into something, or something/someone hit her, at low speed. (Based on personal experience with people doing same to my vehicles.) It is possible it was rocks when the vehicle entered water, trees, who knows?

I probably was not clear enough where my line of thinking was going.
BBM

Oh, OK...

I see what you mean.

Determining that the windows were inoperative would open up the possibility that she tried to open them but couldn't.

Makes sense.

That's just it. We believe the airbags may have deployed based on previous discussion and stills other members captured.

I might be wrong, but those look recent to me--there are similar on opposite side I cannot quite screenshot-- and they look like"bumper dings" to me.
Or a large front grill like you often see on off road pick-up trucks? Like this sample:

Good catch, @Beekarina!

Did you guys know iPhones are somewhat water resistant now? I haven't used one in years, but it came up in a discussion unrelated to this case and I thought of it. Kiely's phone is an iPhone, right?

(Apologies if someone already shared this, but I found it interesting. It doesn't sound as though her phone would have shut right off upon entering water? )

Apple's iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 lineups feature the best water resistance rating on an ‌iPhone‌ to date with an IP68 rating. This means that the devices can withstand water up to a depth of six meters (19.7 feet) for up to 30 minutes. The IP68 water resistance rating means that the ‌iPhone 12‌ and ‌iPhone 13‌ can hold up against splashes, rain, and accidental water exposure, but intentional water exposure should still be avoided if possible.

Did you guys know iPhones are somewhat water resistant now? I haven't used one in years, but it came up in a discussion unrelated to this case and I thought of it. Kiely's phone is an iPhone, right?

(Apologies if someone already shared this, but I found it interesting. It doesn't sound as though her phone would have shut right off upon entering water? )

Apple's iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 lineups feature the best water resistance rating on an ‌iPhone‌ to date with an IP68 rating. This means that the devices can withstand water up to a depth of six meters (19.7 feet) for up to 30 minutes. The IP68 water resistance rating means that the ‌iPhone 12‌ and ‌iPhone 13‌ can hold up against splashes, rain, and accidental water exposure, but intentional water exposure should still be avoided if possible.

It however would certainly lose connectivity under water IMO.

JMO

Thank you @RedHaus

Link to my original post:

repost of the image from AWP video of finding Kiely's vehicle. This is the rear if the SUVView attachment 364201:
Thank you for reposting this for us, and to @RedHaus for suggesting it. :)

If it was someone, then they'll have her paint on their car, and possibly vice versa.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I guess it wouldn't be able to ping (if it felt the need to ping).

I dropped my old flip phone into the toilet a couple of times. It succumbed after about 2 seconds at a depth of 4 inches. They have come a long way.
This is what the other conversation was about lol.

I'm only seeing paint chips on the ridges. I have the same thing on my car.
If someone punted a car into the lake, I'd expect their airbag to deploy.
You'd think, wouldn't you? But I T-boned someone and they didn't deploy. I wasn't going all that fast (in a parking lot) but this says even 8MPH should be enough. Maybe I was going 7 MPH or less? lol

Airbags are designed to deploy at crashes that are equivalent to running into a wall at 8 to 14 mph

I'm watching this right now. Not sure if it answers anything about connectivity underwater....Interestingly enough, they;re at Lake Tahoe...so nearby.....

You'd think, wouldn't you? But I T-boned someone and they didn't deploy. I wasn't going all that fast (in a parking lot) but this says even 8MPH should be enough. Maybe I was going 7 MPH or less? lol

Airbags are designed to deploy at crashes that are equivalent to running into a wall at 8 to 14 mph

Punted was the verb.

A truck hit me head on in my brand new 2013 Subaru going 40-45 mph, and none of my airbags deployed. I was injured. Air bags are not reliable indicators of anything IMO

A truck hit me head on in my brand new 2013 Subaru going 40-45 mph, and none of my airbags deployed. I was injured. Air bags are not reliable indicators of anything IMO
ITA

Years ago I ran into a fireplug with an almost new Suzuki SUV. No airbag deployment.

Daughter slid on ice and ran into a tree. Not head on. Airbags deployed.

If you mean the first song it's Mama's Opry. If you mean the second song, I'll let you Google for some of the words (which is how I found the 1st song for you). :)

Mama’s Opry - Song by Sunny Sweeney​

She grew up plain and simple in a farming town.
Her daddy played the fiddle
And used to do the calling when they had hoedowns.
She said the neighbors would come
And they'd move all my grandma's furniture 'round.
And there'd be twenty or more there on the old wooden floor,
Dancin' to a country sound.

The carters and Jimmy Rodgers played her favorite songs.
And on Saturday nights there was a radio show and she'd sing along.
I'll never forget her face when she revealed to me,
That she'd dreamed about singing at the grand ol' opry.

Her eyes, oh, how they sparkled
When she sang those songs.
She was hanging the clothes on the line,
I was a kid just a hummin' along.
Well, I'd be playing in the grass, to her,
What might've seemed, obliviously.
There ain't no doubt about it,
She sure made her mark on me.

She played old gospel records on the phonograph.
She turned them up loud and we'd sing along,
How those days have passed.
Just now that I am older it occurs to me,
That I was singing in the grandest opry.

And we sang sweet rose of Sharon, abide with me,
'til I ride the gospel ship to heaven's jubilee.
And in that great triumphant morning my soul will be free,
And my burdens will be lifted when my savior's face I see.

So I don't want to get adjusted to this world below,
But I know he'll pilot me 'til it comes time to go.
Oh, nothing on this earth is half as dear to me,
As the sound of my mama's opry

And we sang sweet rose of Sharon, abide with me,
'til I ride the gospel ship to heaven's jubilee.
And in that great triumphant morning my soul will be free,
And my burdens will be lifted when my savior's face I see.

So I don't want to get adjusted to this world below,
But I know he'll pilot me 'til it comes time to go.
Oh, nothing on this earth is half as dear to me,
As the sound of my mama's opry

thank you so much <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads