Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered what that was too, when I made the screenshot of the paint scrapes, but I had no idea. It almost looked like foam to me, so I did not know if it was something related to Nick the Diver.

I'm really glad you caught it.

Here is what I think. I think someone slammed the hatch shut in a hurry.

No opinion on it being any sort of restraint or seatbelt. It could also be something belonging to Kiely--backpack strap? Sleeping bag stuff sack bag strap, etc?

Just ideas!

she could have had the cover open or closed. If closed, and she was under it (inside the trunk area), the diver would not have been able to see her when he peered through the window. He'd have seen the top of the cover. So due to that, she was either on top of the cover (IOW... roof on the bottom of the lake bed, then Kiely, then the closed cover (if it was closed), and then the trunk space. Or the cover was open to store stuff, or whatever. So the above "IOW scenario" minus the cover in-between.

Again, IMHO, if he saw her through the rear window, she was laying on the roof and NOT under the trunk cover.

I'm not sure if Kiely still had/used the cover.

I will return with a photo of her CRV and show you why.

Edited: Timeline of California teen Kiely Rodni’s disappearance: What we know

Look at the back of her CRV. No way of knowing if this was standard for her. I'm also not sure Kiely technically owned the CRV. When I took the screenshot, I also pointed out the plates say July 2023. Her birthday is in September. Not sure how California registrations work, but in states where I have lived, the stickers match your birth month. Maybe not relevant, but possibly in terms of vehicle maintenance, condition, etc.--i.e. a car a teen owned and took care of more likely to have some quirks and maybe ignore small malfunctions than one an adult did.

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 2.42.53 PM.png

You are awesome, thx for doing this! I am using my phone to try to compare images…I do think those marks are recently new, it’s hard to tell underwater. I’m very interested in what they looked like after the car was recovered and I hope those images will be released eventually. I was trying to figure out if the middle seatbelt was a two part mechanism. In my Honda Pilot the seatbelt in the middle has to be pulled down from the ceiling to connect to the belt on the seat. I found this image for a 2011 Honda CR V. I wonder if it would be long enough to somehow (on purpose?) get stuck there to maybe hold “something” in that area?View attachment 364363

I just checked the length of the middle rear seatbelt, and it stretches without effort/easily to about five feet outside of the car beyond the hatch area. (2016 Honda CRV)

I've also used the same image above to compare to the NY Post images.

I think her seat is much farther back when it was retrieved from Prosser, but maybe there is an explanation?

I'm not sure if Kiely still had/used the cover.

I will return with a photo of her CRV and show you why.

Edited: Timeline of California teen Kiely Rodni’s disappearance: What we know

Look at the back of her CRV. No way of knowing if this was standard for her. I'm also not sure Kiely technically owned the CRV. When I took the screenshot, I also pointed out the plates say July 2023. Her birthday is in September. Not sure how California registrations work, but in states where I have lived, the stickers match your birth month. Maybe not relevant, but possibly in terms of vehicle maintenance, condition, etc.--i.e. a car a teen owned and took care of more likely to have some quirks and maybe ignore small malfunctions than one an adult did.

View attachment 364369

There is no "cover" for the hatch area in the our Honda CRV. Not sure if it is option on some of the models.

There is no "cover" for the hatch area in the our Honda CRV. Not sure if it is option on some of the models.
Oops wrong one brb

Gah....I swear I saw a "lid" that you can move up to near the top. Maybe it was not a CRV?

Edited again: Ok CRV cargo shelves are real, but it looks as though they;re something you add yourself. Google CRV Cargo Shelf as images and you can see what I mean. It is like a 2 level shelf for storage in the rear of your CRV.

Last edited:
I said I'd post AWP's response about whether or not they accept donations if I got one. Here it is.

They do accept them. Just to note... the reason they are talking about Ethan's case is because my question to them used that as an example where it appeared they DID accept rewards. My other example to them was the Kiely family "spokesperson" saying they don't. Snippet of the family spokesperson below AWP's response as the page is pay to view (But Goog search results are free!)

I was asking... do ya or don't ya as it appears there's conflicting info out there.

1662403542885.png
1662403846217.png

Last edited:
I didn't see any either and thought I would have, especially in the vid of them pulling the SUV out of the river since her car has curtain air bags as well as front and side. I don't think it crashed into the water, it was likely a slowish forward movement. Maybe 10-20 MPH? Maybe more but I don't feel as though it barreled into the water. All MOO.

Per Kiely's VIN info:

Front Airbag Location1st Row (Driver and Passenger)
Curtain Air Bag Locations1st and 2nd Rows
Side Air Bag Locations1st Row (Driver and Passenger)

You'll have to enter her VIN yourself as the URL doesn't save that info. VIN 2HKRM4H35DH689544 (Obtained with her license plate #).

One thing I will say, air bags are finicky. You really have to trigger the sensor for them to deploy and sometimes that isn't straight forward a just any collision. I was in a collision in my Honda going a decent speed and it destroyed a little Toyota, busted my right tail light and literally crumpled my fender and destroyed my bumper and fluid reservoir. It was high impact, but it didn't trigger my airbags because the sensor is apparently more head on and I hit the right side. I got lucky that my airbags didn't deploy though, I had the defective Takata airbags and if they had...well I'm glad I didn't have to find out and count myself lucky! Anyway, when I went to the dealership to get the airbags swapped out, I asked why and that was the answer he gave me, the airbags sensor wasn't triggered.

It makes sense that the airbags don't trigger that easily, they can be deadly and can you imagine hitting a curb and them deploying? Hitting a pothole and *poof* airbag. lol they'd have to sell them at Costco in bulk packs of DIY replacements on the go :p can you imagine riding a horse and having a personal airbag that clips around you and deploys when you start falling off? I would pay good money to see a jousting match of police officers who fall off horses and turn to marshmallows midair.

Anywho, I hope Kiely is resting and giggling somewhere beautiful with all of her past pets, friends and relatives that had left this place before her. Her family is deeply spiritual and I hope the image of a happy, vibrant, laughing Kiely, how I imagine she is now uninhibited by the woes of life on earth, brings them peace love and comfort while facing their great loss. I hope they know how many strangers' hearts Kiely lives on in now, how many people see her for the special girl they all knew her to be. May they feel the love we all carry for Kiely every single moment until they are all united once more <3

One thing I will say, air bags are finicky. You really have to trigger the sensor for them to deploy and sometimes that isn't straight forward a just any collision. I was in a collision in my Honda going a decent speed and it destroyed a little Toyota, busted my right tail light and literally crumpled my fender and destroyed my bumper and fluid reservoir. It was high impact, but it didn't trigger my airbags because the sensor is apparently more head on and I hit the right side. I got lucky that my airbags didn't deploy though, I had the defective Takata airbags and if they had...well I'm glad I didn't have to find out and count myself lucky! Anyway, when I went to the dealership to get the airbags swapped out, I asked why and that was the answer he gave me, the airbags sensor wasn't triggered.

It makes sense that the airbags don't trigger that easily, they can be deadly and can you imagine hitting a curb and them deploying? Hitting a pothole and *poof* airbag. lol they'd have to sell them at Costco in bulk packs of DIY replacements on the go :p can you imagine riding a horse and having a personal airbag that clips around you and deploys when you start falling off? I would pay good money to see a jousting match of police officers who fall off horses and turn to marshmallows midair.

Anywho, I hope Kiely is resting and giggling somewhere beautiful with all of her past pets, friends and relatives that had left this place before her. Her family is deeply spiritual and I hope the image of a happy, vibrant, laughing Kiely, how I imagine she is now uninhibited by the woes of life on earth, brings them peace love and comfort while facing their great loss. I hope they know how many strangers' hearts Kiely lives on in now, how many people see her for the special girl they all knew her to be. May they feel the love we all carry for Kiely every single moment until they are all united once more <3
It just seems they are finicky. @LooksSusToMe posted about his head-on where he was going 40-45MPH and they didn't deploy then either.

And yes, I'm glad they don't deploy too easily as people of short stature are at risk of them seriously hurting them, or worse.

Air bags -- resisted for years by U.S. car manufacturers and now promoted as a life-saving safety feature -- themselves may be hazardous to certain motorists, particularly short people and others who sit very close to the deploying bags.

"There are millions of adults who don't realize they have a bomb at their fingertips," says William S. Smock, a physician at the University of Louisville's Department of Emergency Medicine, who has studied in detail the risk air bags pose to short people.

ETA Sus's post link (I hope you don't mind me calling you that. lol Speak up if you do! :)) Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Last edited:
On Monday, Kiely’s family issued a loving tribute on their business Instagram page calling Kiely their “brilliant muse.”

“My sweet sweet girl. My love. My heart. An ocean of grief that I will cry, tear by tear, for the rest of my life. Or however long it takes to cry an ocean,” it read.

“She will not fade away, for her brother, mother, two fathers, grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins, and dear friends will continue singing her song to each dawning day.”

Last edited:

(respectfully snipped and bolded)

CA vehicle registrations are solely based on the date the car was first sold. I bought my car in January, but since it was first sold in September, I have to renew the registration in September.

Kiely’s father, Daniel Rodni, reacted with disbelief at how close to the shoreline the vehicle was, before leaving the scene.

“How the [expletive] could they have missed it? That’s [expletive] impossible,” Mr Rodni said. “I can’t see this, because that’s going to be my last memory. I can’t [expletive] do this.”

62083115-11182075-image-a-170_1662402497678.jpg

View attachment 364378
View attachment 364379
Shortened and BBM for focus. You know, I totally get what her father is saying and thinking. How could they have missed that SO close to the shore. I back that from a portion of a screenshot I took from AWP's video, because it's clear to me that something is there (Positioned at 7:00 of the red buoy). You’d think a drone flyover would have seen that. Stop at 39:44 to view the entire scene (this pic is just a small portion so you'll know where and what I'm talking about). Everything in the unsnipped image from their video looks like horizontal waves except her SUV which is more diagonal making it really stand out. It’s obviously not part of the water. And it's also obviously large (SUV size AND color).

So, back to what her father said and was thinking... Just MAYBE the car wasn't there when they searched the area, and someone put it there afterwards. Because as I said... if you look at the entire scene from the vid... it's clear something is in the the water at the opposite diagonal direction than what the waves are doing. Tell me that's not obvious, and SO close to the shore as you can see. Things that make you go hmmm...... :confused:
1662406724300.png
AWP's Vid starts 1 second before what I'm talking about:

Last edited:
I really doubt she was secured in the hatch. Per my previous post 1003:

For me, he was trying to see if he could locate a body and would only mentioned seeing shoes if they were on her. Once he saw them he moved to the opposite end of the window of where shoes (on feet) were. Why mention things in the car? He hadn't said "I see a Truly can, some paraphernalia, a brush, a phone charger, etc". He wasn't giving inventory, he was looking to see if he could see her body.

ETA - the above wasn't the post I was looking for. D'oh! It was post #989 below...

she could have had the cover open or closed. If closed, and she was under it (inside the trunk area), the diver would not have been able to see her when he peered through the window. He'd have seen the top of the cover. So due to that, she was either on top of the cover (IOW... roof on the bottom of the lake bed, then Kiely, then the closed cover (if it was closed), and then the trunk space. Or the cover was open to store stuff, or whatever. So the above "IOW scenario" minus the cover in-between.

Again, IMHO, if he saw her through the rear window, she was laying on the roof and NOT under the trunk cover.
I never even thought about it til I read your post but if she was under the cover and the car is upside down would her weight pull the cover down to where you could see her, kind of like make it hang like a hammock? I don't know if the cargo covers are hard or soft or if there are both options in crvs?

I never even thought about it til I read your post but if she was under the cover and the car is upside down would her weight pull the cover down to where you could see her, kind of like make it hang like a hammock? I don't know if the cargo covers are hard or soft or if there are both options in crvs?
I thought of that myself. But my cover (on a Subaru, not the same car) is kinda flimsyish. It so easily pops out of the tract on the sides of the car. Due to how easily mine pops off, and I have reclose it, I'm thinking her weight would pop it off and she'd fall/float to the bottom (roof). MOO

It just seems they are finicky. @LooksSusToMe posted about his head-on where he was going 40-45MPH and they didn't deploy then either.

And yes, I'm glad they don't deploy too easily as people of short stature are at risk of them seriously hurting them, or worse.

bbm, rsbm

And, where the driver places their hands on the steering wheel matters. My stepsister is an advanced practice nurse in ER orthopedics; friends are EMTs.

If the airbag deploys while your forearm is across the steering wheel -- the ER staff will probably be treating your broken nose/other facial bones and/or broken forearm bones.

The force of the airbag shoves that bony arm into that bony face with messy results, apparently.

(respectfully snipped and bolded)

CA vehicle registrations are solely based on the date the car was first sold. I bought my car in January, but since it was first sold in September, I have to renew the registration in September.

Thank you both for clarifying.

It is a not-so-fun birthday present here in New England. Register, and inspect, your vehicle during your birth month. ($$$)

Shortened and BBM for focus. You know, I totally get what her father is saying and thinking. How could they have missed that SO close to the shore. I back that from a portion of a screenshot I took from AWP's video, because it's clear to me that something is there (Positioned at 7:00 of the red buoy). You’d think a drone flyover would have seen that. Stop at 39:44 to view the entire scene (this pic is just a small portion so you'll know where and what I'm talking about). Everything in the unsnipped image from their video looks like horizontal waves except her SUV which is more diagonal making it really stand out. It’s obviously not part of the water. And it's also obviously large (SUV size AND color).

So, back to what her father said and was thinking... Just MAYBE the car wasn't there when they searched the area, and someone put it there afterwards. Because as I said... if you look at the entire scene from the vid... it's clear something is in the the water at the opposite diagonal direction than what the waves are doing. Tell me that's not obvious, and SO close to the shore as you can see. Things that make you go hmmm...... :confused:
View attachment 364383
AWP's Vid starts 1 second before what I'm talking about:

Can you tell how the CRV is oriented to the shoreline from this?

I did not quite follow where to find it, but am looking again.

Edited: What the heck??? I answered my own question, I think....? Where is Otto and his mapping ability...

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 4.17.55 PM.png

Reactions: IDK

BBM

From what I've seen, Kiely's suv wouldn't have had the bad airbags although plenty of Hondas did and they could be lethal. Resulted in a huge recall.

It is important to know if they deployed or not which, of course, LE obviously knew when the suv was recovered. It appears that they probably did not. If they had deployed they could have further impeded Kiely from escaping the vehicle.

JMHO

How could they have missed that SO close to the shore. I back that from a portion of a screenshot I took from AWP's video, because it's clear to me that something is there
The water level had dropped (4 ft) significantly since the car went into the water, making it seem the car had been much closer to shore. The car was originally about 80 feet from shore, when it was found about 55 feet from shore.
AWP found the car with sonar, they were right above and dropped a magnet, they could not see it with thru the water. LE searches had taken place at least a week earlier, and included flyovers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member