Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first noticed them, I went and pulled up images of CRV undercarriage to try and sort out if something standard had broken, but I could not sort anything obvious.

Let me put an unedited screenshot in. Back in a minute.

Edited to add image: look across the "bottom". See? View attachment 364700View attachment 364701View attachment 364703
In fact the 'raw' still image you just posted looks even more to me like a tow strap / tie-down strap. I think I may see a rachet or what may left of a rachet like this:

All IMO.

In fact the 'raw' still image you just posted looks even more to me like a tow strap / tie-down strap. I think I may see a rachet or what may left of a rachet like this:

All IMO.

Wow!

What the heck is going on here?

What local are you talking about that left? We have one that's still here (Truckeeite). Last posted yesterday at 8:05pm PST. Is that who you are talking about or is there another local that I wasn't aware of?
Oh yes Truckeeite is very helpful too. There was another local very early on - When I have a minute I’ll search for the post that was talking about the abandoned vehicle by the boat ramp. His user name had something to do with mountain & running - last I had checked he was a “former member”

When I first noticed them, I went and pulled up images of CRV undercarriage to try and sort out if something standard had broken, but I could not sort anything obvious.

Let me put an unedited screenshot in. Back in a minute.

Edited to add image: look across the "bottom". See?
What I circled looks like a workman's glove to my eyes. Those definitely look like fingers and a cuff to me. Whether it is, or isn't, who knows? Only The Shadow knows (That was for the old-timie's here. lol).

1662515160062.png
Kinda like these:

1662515511259.png

Last edited:
Oh yes Truckeeite is very helpful too. There was another local very early on - When I have a minute I’ll search for the post that was talking about the abandoned vehicle by the boat ramp. His user name had something to do with mountain & running - last I had checked he was a “former member”
I found the post where the local talks about an abandoned truck at the boat ramp… Post in thread 'CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022'
Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Attachments

• CACB3473-6AF0-4CA7-864B-CEE27B4943A9.jpeg
    CACB3473-6AF0-4CA7-864B-CEE27B4943A9.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 91
Is there some kind of rational, outdoorsy reason you would have that strapped underneath your vehicle?

I live in a rural-ish area, but opposite coast.

Confused over here....

I think being in complete darkness, upside down vehicle, shock and probably drunk can easily make you so disoriented you just follow the air, even all the way back of the vehicle.

On the other hand, with said disorientation ja confusion, I could see someone thinking they are pushing through the open window gap while they are in fact going through the gap between rear headrests.

I think highly of AWP, but they dont have much experience with fresh cases. Also Nick the diver was, from what I understood, first time doing a solo recovery dive and that being the case probably first time seeing a corpse so fresh. Something relatively normal for a submerged body may have seem to him suspicious and shocking, hence the reaction.

Also sorry if my english seems weird, not my native language.
Good points. The only problem, the stories and behavior of the friends, lack of pictures, video, or witnesses to this party. Too many suspicious things to think she just drove into the lake when totally drunk. I am finding it very hard to believe Kiely would attempt to drive if she were so obliterated she couldn't even see. She allegedly called Sami to ask if she still needed a ride, she was coherent. The back window was rolled partway down, and it looks to me the front also. BUT then the pitch black, and sudden realization you went into water. IDK? I sure hope we aren't still debating this years from now, like the Missy Beavers or Jon Benet cases. I pray for closure, for the family. I just have a bad feeling about that.

Good points. The only problem, the stories and behavior of the friends, lack of pictures, video, or witnesses to this party. Too many suspicious things to think she just drove into the lake when totally drunk. I am finding it very hard to believe Kiely would attempt to drive if she were so obliterated she couldn't even see. She allegedly called Sami to ask if she still needed a ride, she was coherent. The back window was rolled partway down, and it looks to me the front also. BUT then the pitch black, and sudden realization you went into water. IDK? I sure hope we aren't still debating this years from now, like the Missy Beavers or Jon Benet cases. I pray for closure, for the family. I just have a bad feeling about that.

We are all waiting for the presser saying LE has completed their investigation and all the autopsy results are back. It may take a couple months, but LE will inform us of what happened. It's funny, we're so impatient and yet, if AWP hadn't come and applied their expertise, she'd still be missing, maybe for another 20 years.

Yeah, and don't forget Randy Sellers.

Although most people have.

We are all waiting for the presser saying LE has completed their investigation and all the autopsy results are back. It may take a couple months, but LE will inform us of what happened. It's funny, we're so impatient and yet, if AWP hadn't come and applied their expertise, she'd still be missing, maybe for another 20 years.
Hope you're right, but IDK. If water got into the lungs from being submerged in the water for two weeks, but she didn't drown, can the coroner tell? Also, would submersion in water, and time, affect the toxicology results? And, if the car can be accidentally knocked or kicked into neutral, if the car was in neutral, then how do we decide it was or was not put in neutral to roll the car into the water? Lastly, if the tow service video proves not to be Kiely or anyone connected to her? I hope we are not left with more questions.

I remember upthread someone reported that Kiely had an incident with another female party goer and then there was a seemingly mass exodus afterwards. Can anyone verify this? Also does LE ever look at Websleuths to get information, I know this is probably a somewhat scoffed at question but it is something I have always wanted to ask? Pardon my naivety.

It looks like a trailer hitch receiver to me still. Here are some photos I found online for comparison
RSBM
Bingo, @MomMommyMom2! I think you got it. But I also wonder if there is not extraneous straps or something attached (I circled). I put together a composite image with @Beekarina's images from the AWP video and your sleuthing results.
Aftermarket Tow Hitch.jpg

I remember upthread someone reported that Kiely had an incident with another female party goer and then there was a seemingly mass exodus afterwards. Can anyone verify this? Also does LE ever look at Websleuths to get information, I know this is probably a somewhat scoffed at question but it is something I have always wanted to ask? Pardon my naivety.
I thought this was on SM, not MSM, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what this is across the undercarriage of the CRV? Rear of car, near exhaust, etc?

I cleaned up the image a bit. View attachment 364604

The turning it? What is this? Unusual? View attachment 364605
So I've watched this moment back a few times on YouTube in a couple different resolutions and a couple different playback speeds and I don't see that colored item on the hitch at all. I wonder what you were using to play it back, maybe a TV or something that you were using to get the screenshot? I just wonder if somehow you get a better resolution than I can get on my phone. What I did notice but I'm not sure I've seen mentioned yet on these threads is the passenger side mirror is broken on the underside as Nick is going by and he says he notices the window broken out. It seems bizarre to me it would be shattered on the underside, unless AWP mistakenly clipped it with a magnet or something. I'll clip screenshots of it here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-232609_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-232609_YouTube.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20220906-232607_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-232607_YouTube.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20220906-232312_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-232312_YouTube.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 65
RSBM
Bingo, @MomMommyMom2! I think you got it. But I also wonder if there is not extraneous straps or something attached (I circled). I put together a composite image with @Beekarina's images from the AWP video and your sleuthing results.
View attachment 364747
Good catch @MomMommyMom2! I don't think there's straps though. There doesn't seem to be a lot of options for trailer hitches for the 2013 CRV. I did a quick search and think I may have found the exact model on Kiely's vehicle. The stickers match up with the image of what you circled.

2013 Honda CRV Trailer Hitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member