Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think AWP is an amazing organization. They have brought many cold cases to a close. How old is this organization? What are their backgrounds? I understand that because the body was located in the back, they felt it was foul play. It is deeply traumatic to locate a body anywhere, let alone a young teen. I just wonder what their expertise is in accident reconstruction and in locating recently deceased/recognizable people in vehicles. Unless she was tied up in the back or in a sleeping bag or something that obviously showed she was restrained in the back, there could also be other explanations as to why she needed up there such as currents, water pouring in, air pockets, etc.
They have no background or teaining in forensics, or recovery of remains. Kiley is the second or third vehicle they have found with remains. The other or other 2 were very much older cases and LE moved them off to a great distance after they reported finding the car with a man inside. lE recovered the vehicles from the water.
They are not investigators but scuba divers, sonar readers, video makers, marketers and photographers.

I feel like many statements made by friends/family while Kiely was missing are somewhat tainted. They were pushing the abduction theory hard. So it makes sense that they might exaggerate and say that there was "no way" she would have been able to drive herself out of there, or she was "so drunk" that she would've gone with anyone.
I agree, @AlyssaAngel, but only in the absence of other 'data' points we should also consider, IMO:

8/15, (Placer County Sheriff's Office Tweet), “Hoping this can lead to… where Kiely may have gone after the party.”

8/10 (US Sun), “Marika Beck…best friends with Kiely’s…mother…“We have been told she may have been with one or more older boys. Around 12.30am, these guys, possibly from Reno showed up and it got kind of weird,” she said."" (3)

8/7 (KOLOTV), Marika Veck [Beck]: “We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,...”(4)

8/6
(Zav Girl Interview of Doug, AWP), Doug confirms it was Saturday, 8/6 when Nick the RA driver did a service stop at Boca Reservoir for a silver CR-V with a woman that looks like KR (5)

Here is my post ^^^ that has citations for each of these statements: Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

They have no background or teaining in forensics, or recovery of remains. Kiley is the second or third vehicle they have found with remains. The other or other 2 were very much older cases and LE moved them off to a great distance after they reported finding the car with a man inside. lE recovered the vehicles from the water.
The AWP did not recover Kiely's car. The LE did.

According to their website.... 22 cases and formally launched 2 yrs ago.

Using sonar equipment, the Bend, Oregon-based group said they have solved 22 cases since formally launching two years ago.

Article and vid at bottom of this page (in middle): Adventures With Purpose - Solving Cold Cases and Environmental Cleanup
Of solving cases was only about finding materials and sometimes remains then we wouldn’t need highly trained LE, Forensics, coroners, investigators, the court system.
They have mostly found vehicles involved in insurance fraud, cell phones, a random treasure chest.
They are fantastic at reading sonar and filming.

The date of death being left open can go either way.

They may truly not know.

If they put what they may assume, which would be following her call around 1230-ish with Sami, and what many of you feel is most likely, she drove from the party and right into the water, then she passed away August 6th.

However, let's say they went ahead with August 6th. Can you even imagine? We would all be discussing it, and really debating as we all are, we're pretty tame.

I totally understand leaving it as August without a specific date.

Edited due to keyboard issues

I also think AWP is an amazing organization. They have brought many cold cases to a close. How old is this organization? What are their backgrounds? I understand that because the body was located in the back, they felt it was foul play. It is deeply traumatic to locate a body anywhere, let alone a young teen. I just wonder what their expertise is in accident reconstruction and in locating recently deceased/recognizable people in vehicles. Unless she was tied up in the back or in a sleeping bag or something that obviously showed she was restrained in the back, there could also be other explanations as to why she needed up there such as currents, water pouring in, air pockets, etc.
This is my thought as well. They are obviously highly intelligent and capable divers- but they are not crime scene investigators. MOO

They may truly not know.

If they put what they may assume, which would be following her call around 1230-ish with Sami, and what many of you feel is most likely, she drove from the party and right into the water, then she passed away August 6th.

However, let's say they went ahead with August 6th. Can you even imagine? We would all be discussing it, and really debating as we all are, we're pretty tame.

Now I'm lost. Where is the date of death???

They may truly not know.

I would not be surprised to find that her officially recorded date of death may ultimately be the date she was declared dead by the medical examiner, which would most likely have been the day after her remains were recovered. I see nothing nefarious, nor any "clue" nor anything else to be inferred from lack of a date on a memorial poster. JMO

Last edited:
The family simply put August, 2022.

Sorry--on the memorial poster referenced in this article posted above by @tarabull Kiely Rodni update as sleuth spot crucial clue on memorial service poster
Talk about sensationalism. I admittedly am not a member of Mensa, but I would think the "crucial clue" we are supposed to pick up on, by the date of death not being on her memorial poster, should be easy enough for a "sleuth" to uncover. Guess I need to turn in my sleuth card. Only clue I picked up was that the Sun needs to proofread articles, or at least headlines, before publishing them. 'Update as sleuth spot crucial clue on memorial service poster'. JMO

Last edited:
Talk about sensationalism. I admittedly am not a member of Mensa, but I would think the "crucial clue" we are supposed to pick up on, by the date of death not being on her memorial poster, should be easy enough for a "sleuth" to uncover. Guess I need to turn in my sleuth card. JMO

Agree 100%.

I'm all for discussing things here, obviously, but that does not deserve an article. It's beyond ridiculous.

The other thing is even a drunk person can come to their senses if its life and death. So if she was that drunk or inebreiated I highly doubt she would even make it to the lake, she would have had an accident a lot earlier than the lake. Secondly the car has to sink, it has to hit the water first so it would give time for the person to feel their way. Even if inebreiated people are slow my point is that they can still try to feel their way out, a slow reaction doesn't necessarily mean death (taken in context in Kiely's example) it just means as the car is making its way to the botom the person can slowly feel their way.

Nothing like a life or death situ to sober oneself straight away!

AUG 22, 2022

"Searchers feel certain the car did not careen down the steep embankment that buttresses the party site where Kiely was last seen."

Mystery over how SUV of missing teen Kiely Rodni ended up in a reservoir

No Exact Science

I do believe that the vehicle slowly rolled into the Prosser Rez. How did it flip over onto its top?

Oh, I intended “climbed into the back” meaning before the car entered the water, not afterward when water was entering the vehicle.

I was trying to think of a way the car could have rolled into the water, and one way would be if it were in neutral.

One of many ways it might have gotten into neutral would be if the gear was knocked
Into neutral.

I myself have crawled into the backseat from the front for various reasons and it is awkward, bumping and squeezing to make it work. (In this theory, so she could avoid exiting the car where unknown other people may have been around.)

I was sitting at a stoplight the other day in my 2018 vehicle, resting my hand on the shifter. Old habits as I grew up driving manual, and put a little pressure on it and bam, in neutral it went. The impact, flailing around, objects in the car, even trying to get out of that seat could put it in neutral. Remember, the vehicle was upside-down, so this would be on the ceiling, she could have bumped it with her body or grabbed it. Or, maybe she tried to throw it in reverse or park to stop the momentum? A lot of reasons it could be in neutral. IMOO.

August 6, 12 a.m. - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 a.m.

There’s a rumor Elsa saw Kiely fall in a hole on the way to their cars, and she helped her out.

LE confirmed they had video of an “altercation” at the party, but asked for additional footage. They didn’t confirm or deny whether Kiely was involved in the fight.

I’m trying to find the clip, but Angela Musallam from PCSO said that Kiely had told her friends she wanted to go home at the end of the party, shortly after midnight. This was after the press conference I believe on the 12th.

Thank you!

Just curious, how many hours did it take for LE to remove Kiely's car after it was located?

RS&BBM
I have been pondering Nick RA Guy's story in the context of these same phone call data, and have been debating whether to post anything. But your post just now has connected a dot I hadn't fully connected to another dot.

KR called SS at about 12:36 or 12:33 or sometime between then. But rather than ask SS if she wanted a ride, KR asks SS if SS wants to join her at an after party with folks who were camping at Boca Reservoir. Perhaps SS recalled incorrectly.

That covers the phone record on SS/KR's phones and it may be why SS believes KR was going to camp out that night.

KR turns off her phone (or puts in in airplane mode) so she can't be tracked. And since she is no condition to drive, someone offers to drive her over to Boca. Or, she simply drives herself by following a small group that leave.

Recall, the Placer County Sheriff Office posts on Twitter that KR may have gone somewhere else after the party.

At Boca, something goes terribly wrong - an overdose? alcohol poisoning? aspiration on vomit? a head injury from a fight that swelled? And sadly KR dies over night. The next morning, hung over and groggy, some folks find KR and then panic.

Hopefully good forensics, autopsy, and toxicology will ferret out COD, as in this scenario it would not be drowning.

KR is now in the back hatch of her SUV and the two people trying to manage the situation - perhaps friends of KR's - can't get KR's car started. So they call for roadside assistance in some bizarre foggy poorly thought through action.

How KR's car gets from Boca to Prosser - possibly to be staged as a tragic accident - is where my idea weakens, as none of us have come up with a good scenario yet. The only thing I can think of is KR's car is hidden during the day on 8/6.

Recall, the Placer County Sheriff Office didn't announce KR was missing on their FB page until 8/6, 8:41pm.

And then in the pitch dark hours of late 8/6 early 8/7 KR's car is dumped into Prosser Lake right near the party site. The kids (young adults?) hope no one will ever find her car in the deep water and if it is found, it will look like an accident.

ALL IMO.

ET: further snip quoted post
so...you are without mentioning names speculating that Jagger and Kate
or at least, Jagger rolled his gf or ex gf, into the lake because of a Nick RA dubious sighting%
JMO, but if Nick the RA was the last known witness to see her alive, that would qualify him as a person of interest, at least until they found her, but they were not suspicious of him.
also, if it was KR that Nick RA saw, then how could she also be deceased in the car%

Nick from awp was the one who supposedly *confirmed* Nick RA story, not LE. LE has not said boo about Nick RA story other than it was told.

So until it comes out where this Nick RA fits in, I am going with he doesnt even remember what day he saw someone who resembles KR in a car that has not been confirmed by LE as hers.

he is the quinessential unreliable eye witness, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, how many hours did it take for LE to remove Kiely's car after it was located?
IIRC, it was about eight and a half hours. I know it was located by AWP around 11:15AM, local time, and it was about sundown when it finally was pulled onto shore, about 7:45ish. Once they attached the tow cable, it took a bit longer than an hour to get it onshore. JMO

Last edited:
so...you are without mentioning names speculating that Jagger and Kate
or at least, Jagger rolled his gf or ex gf, into the lake% because of a Nick RA dubious sighting%
JMO, but if Nick the RA was the last known witness to see her alive, that would qualify him as a person of interest, at least until they found her, but they were not suspicious of him.
also, if it was KR that Nick RA saw, then how could she also be deceased in the car%

Nick from awp was the one who supposedly *confirmed* Nick RA story, not LE. LE has not said boo about Nick RA story other than it was told.

So until it comes out where this Nick RA fits in, I am going with he doesnt even remember what day he saw someone who resembles KR in a car that has not been confirmed by LE as hers.

he is the quinessential unreliable eye witness, IMHO.
Then how does one explain RA company logs, video footage, car registration, license plate. A company has to uphold its business practices. If her car was identified in the footage the company provided then how is that explainable?

This is why I wonder if Kiely was possibly drinking already when she arrived with Mags?

We will probably never know, but certainly not having a safe ride home as good a reason for leaving with your boyfriend as being irritated by pushy guys with bongs.
just for clarification, you are speculating that people, we, want to know
if Mags really left because Kiely may have been drunk before she ever got there, instead of the very clearly stated reason that she met her boyfriend in the parking lot, and left ten minutes later! or is that the royal we%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner