Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK I made a mistake and thought it was from the party it was earlier at 6pm at her work I believe at that time she looked fine.
She looks fine in this photo at around 6pm not at the party but surveillance at ffrom her leaving workplace.
Aahh, got it. Thanks for clarifying!

Well, that pic was taken about 4 hours before she arrived at the party, and a little over 6 hours before she allegedly left the party, so I am not sure that how she looked then would be indicative of how she looked at 12:30. Also not sure how well we can gauge someone's level of sobriety from a somewhat blurry, single, still photo. JMO
I was just saying that some Sleuthers had suggested that she was somewhat out of it before arriving at the party and then it continued into the night but here she doesn't look that way.

I was sitting at a stoplight the other day in my 2018 vehicle, resting my hand on the shifter. Old habits as I grew up driving manual, and put a little pressure on it and bam, in neutral it went. The impact, flailing around, objects in the car, even trying to get out of that seat could put it in neutral. Remember, the vehicle was upside-down, so this would be on the ceiling, she could have bumped it with her body or grabbed it. Or, maybe she tried to throw it in reverse or park to stop the momentum? A lot of reasons it could be in neutral. IMOO.
That’s true that if the car is found to be in neutral, it could have occurred after entering the water.

Or, if found in neutral, it could have occurred prior to entering the water, and the reason it rolled into the water.

It may not be found in neutral at all, it may be found in drive or other.

100% agree that we are dealing with an infinite number of possibilities.

I don’t have any one theory, i’m merely brainstorming on the topic of how the car got into the water in the first place.

Would love to hear other ideas too!

MY BAD ITS NOT THE PHOTO AT THE PARTY ITS EARLIER IN THE EVENING.
This is the photo I was referring to.
If you mean this:

1663559058440.png

She's not dancing, her pants aren't green (to my eyes, or to my computer's "eyes". lol), and it was taken from surveillance video earlier in the evening. She's walking in the business.

Lets put it this way it is a pretty big witness account with the RA company and their employee Nick so for LE not to ask for proof is incomprensible and would amount to a negligence IMO. Or if LE totally dismissed a possible witness account with a company's data supporting such it would also amount to negligence IMO.
totally agree that LE checked out every detail of Nick RA account and then some. He claimed to have seen the missing person so they are going to put him through the wringer to make sure he isnt a person of interest. His boss alibied him with evidence, yet LE didnt verify it was KR and Jagger.
IMO, if Nick RAs boss verified that it was Jagger and Kiely, there would be no reason on earth why LE would not pick up Jagger immediately, no reason for them to play it cool. It would be cut and dried, KR is missing and here he was with her. Unless, of course, they did question Jagger and it was Friday not Saturday, again, no need to tell us that. Kinda lost a little faith in Nick awp, alot of money making and CYAing from using Nick RA. btw, does anyone know if Nick RA has told a Sam like story of being used%

They have no background or teaining in forensics, or recovery of remains. Kiley is the second or third vehicle they have found with remains. The other or other 2 were very much older cases and LE moved them off to a great distance after they reported finding the car with a man inside. lE recovered the vehicles from the water.
They are not investigators but scuba divers, sonar readers, video makers, marketers and photographers.
Maybe. I'm not a meteorologist but I know a tornado when I see one. When they said they saw something unexpected and concerning, I believed them.

Yes, mistake thought her pants were green, eyes playing tricks. She looks ok here.
It's not you. The article said her pants were green. :) Maybe they are but I'm not seeing it. LOL Then again, I used to wear a purple dress that everyone thought was blue. "Oh, what a pretty blue dress". I pondered that for decades and wondered if my eyes saw colors differently than what other people's eyes saw. I SWORE it was the color of a purple Crayola, and NOT a blue Crayola, but many people (independently) called it blue. :) I still say it was purple. lol

From your article: The picture shows Kiely in a black bodysuit, green pants and black Vans shoes as she stood among racks of apparel and other merchandise.

ETA the article: Surveillance photo shows Truckee teen hours before she vanished

Last edited:
Amateur divers found several items that were in Kiely’s car (as seen in AWP video) in the lake after LE towed her car - I’m not sure LE was too concerned about losing anything that was in the car.

MOO
It’s interesting - I watched a YouTube video of two retired NYPD police investigators discuss the KR case, and they were surprised the car was not “wrapped” before removing it from the water. This would have prevented evidence/objects from falling out of the open windows as the car was towed out of the water.

These investigators had a lot of experience removing vehicles from rivers and were also surprised that local LE re-flipped the car to bring it out of the water.

It’s a good question you ask - were LE really not interested in this evidence/objects? Or was it haste or lack of careful process that led them to drag the car out of the water while losing that evidence behind in the water?

wondering if in the pic she is holding a six pack of truly or something else
but they blocked it out.
YES,
Looks like wrist. elbow and under arm areas form a rectangle.
like a box was there.
making the wrist and forearm looked pinched
Also rug looks like it has come up and surrounded her leg below knee,
like it is an attempt to hide something- another box or item ?

That bottom rug area looks like a poor blurring and obfuscating
attempt at a photoshop job

(edit- add last line and spelling

Last edited:
This is way out of context, but in this article Kiely's mom mentions her love of baking. As usual, I was looking for something else, but there it was....

Rodni-Nieman described her daughter as a special and dynamic woman who loves playing music, science, baking and dancing.

I'm NOT trying to restart the crème brûlée discussion, just sharing as this should help confirm she really was cooking.
not sure a confirmation that she really was cooking earlier in the day is needed , it seems like such a normal and fun thing to do. :)

It seems obvious that LE do not suspect foul play, or at least it does to me. I do hope they release as many details as possible so that we can learn how she ended up in the lake. I'm actually shocked it hasn't happened before considering the partying that goes on in the area.
Fingers crossed we hear official determinations soon!

It's strange?

From my understanding now, off with those apps means OFF.

So her mom must have been really tired from the day and fallen right asleep after the 11:30 text? She mentioned in the article from the Independent that she first thought maybe her husband had stayed up to see Kiely in.

re:

“I fell asleep. I asked her to wake me when she got home… but I didn’t notice until 8am the next morning.

“When I woke up and noticed she hadn’t woken me I first thought maybe my husband was still awake when she got back and so she didn’t wake me.

So......was he also asleep? Did he know Kiely was still out? Maybe he was tired from the car show and everything and fell asleep when she did, etc.

Who else was on sharing locations? Any of her close friends?

I'm just thinking this all through.

She was "in no state to drive....so messed up, etc." yet no one checked on her? Even if you thought she was staying at the campground, even if they ALL considered the place the "neighborhood backyard", not even the most cursory of texts,a good night, you need anything, you good?

I'm with roses. I don't buy it either.

There are definitely missing bits here, at minimum.

Ok, you and roses have my curiosity.
What is it you are not buying% When I try to guess I get my posts deleted. My mom and stepdad fell asleep all the time when I was late for curfew, which was every time.
Before there were cellphones, I used to call for more time, then hope they were asleep when I got home, nothing missing or odd there.
so yeah, what makes you both suspicious of the last phone call, I have my opinions, but nothing baked in.

Does anyone know more about this - Can you turn off the tracking? My sister tracks her kids via an app and there’s nothing they can do about it - she controls the settings. But I know there are many different ways to track and Kiely’s mom said it was a family thing - so maybe it’s something each individual can control?

I’m asking because if Kiely was going to take a nap, I can’t see her turning off the tracking data. But if she were going to an afterparty, I could see turning off tracking (if possible.)

“Ms Rodni-Nieman said that their family members share cellphone location data and so she checked her daughter’s phone.

The last location data was at the campground where the party took place at 12.03am.

She has since learned that Snapchat data shows her cellphone at the same location at around 12.30am.”

BBM
In case this hasn't been answered by anyone else.
Yes the tracking apps can be turned off or disabled, there are some that even work when airplane mode is engaged.

YES,
Looks like wrist. elbow and under arm areas form a rectangle.
like a box was there.
making the wrist and forearm looked pinched
Also rug looks like it has come up and surrounded her leg below knee,
like it is an attempt to hide something- another box or item ?

That bottom rug area looks like a poor blurring and obfuscating
attempt at a photoshop job

(edit- add last line and spelling
<modsnip - rumors from social media and off topic comment> LE just wants to find KR, thats what she was wearing that day and they dont want to hurt her parents or scare away possible underage witnesses who could have been drinking at party. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
RS&BBM
I have been pondering Nick RA Guy's story in the context of these same phone call data, and have been debating whether to post anything. But your post just now has connected a dot I hadn't fully connected to another dot.

KR called SS at about 12:36 or 12:33 or sometime between then. But rather than ask SS if she wanted a ride, KR asks SS if SS wants to join her at an after party with folks who were camping at Boca Reservoir. Perhaps SS recalled incorrectly.

That covers the phone record on SS/KR's phones and it may be why SS believes KR was going to camp out that night.

KR turns off her phone (or puts in in airplane mode) so she can't be tracked. And since she is no condition to drive, someone offers to drive her over to Boca. Or, she simply drives herself by following a small group that leave.

Recall, the Placer County Sheriff Office posts on Twitter that KR may have gone somewhere else after the party.

At Boca, something goes terribly wrong - an overdose? alcohol poisoning? aspiration on vomit? a head injury from a fight that swelled? And sadly KR dies over night. The next morning, hung over and groggy, some folks find KR and then panic.

Hopefully good forensics, autopsy, and toxicology will ferret out COD, as in this scenario it would not be drowning.

KR is now in the back hatch of her SUV and the two people trying to manage the situation - perhaps friends of KR's - can't get KR's car started. So they call for roadside assistance in some bizarre foggy poorly thought through action.

How KR's car gets from Boca to Prosser - possibly to be staged as a tragic accident - is where my idea weakens, as none of us have come up with a good scenario yet. The only thing I can think of is KR's car is hidden during the day on 8/6.

Recall, the Placer County Sheriff Office didn't announce KR was missing on their FB page until 8/6, 8:41pm.

And then in the pitch dark hours of late 8/6 early 8/7 KR's car is dumped into Prosser Lake right near the party site. The kids (young adults?) hope no one will ever find her car in the deep water and if it is found, it will look like an accident.

ALL IMO.

ET: further snip quoted post

@RedHaus I can buy every word of this commonsensical theory for it at least explains why the CVR is at Boca. That is, if only the children had left Kiely inside her CRV at Boca, or wherever, and called for help - 911 - stat.

Once, children/teenagers/young adults begin engineering methods on how to hide and secret Kiely's vehicle under water then it becomes foul play. Right?

If an accident occurred, such as alcohol poisoning, then authorities should have been notified and an ambulance summoned.

Did she simply made two wrong turns, manage to keep it between the embuttments of the bumpy gulley and gently roll into the darkness of the water? She had to know by the 2nd wrong turn that the terrain had become dangerous to handle. Her vehicle was traveling slowly. It did not careen into the water.

Either Kiely drove her vehicle into the Prosser Rez or she didn't. Due to her placement and location inside the Vehicle, AwP are prone to believe there is something afoul with the situ. Admittedly, they are well aware they could be wrong.

MOO MHOO and all that jazz

Last edited:
It's not you. The article said her pants were green. :) Maybe they are but I'm not seeing it. LOL Then again, I used to wear a purple dress that everyone thought was blue. "Oh, what a pretty blue dress". I pondered that for decades and wondered if my eyes saw colors differently than what other people's eyes saw. I SWORE it was the color of a purple Crayola, and NOT a blue Crayola, but many people (independently) called it blue. :) I still say it was purple. lol

From your article: The picture shows Kiely in a black bodysuit, green pants and black Vans shoes as she stood among racks of apparel and other merchandise.

ETA the article: Surveillance photo shows Truckee teen hours before she vanished
If you see it purple and other people call it blue, it would just mean you see a tad of red admixture in blue. Now, green is blue plus yellow, different combo, so your sensitivity to red color would not explain it. BTW, I'd also say, blue about her pants, but after all, it is a camera, not super sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444