Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean this:

View attachment 367122

She's not dancing, her pants aren't green (to my eyes, or to my computer's "eyes". lol), and it was taken from surveillance video earlier in the evening. She's walking in the business.

Thank you. I've never seen olive green britches. They look gray to me.

I can see the [three] necklaces her mother mentioned.

Also, it looks like an animal is walking in front of KR. In front of her left leg, there is a blond head, a body and a tail of a dog or cat or is that pareidolia?

I don't see black Vans on her feet either.

It's not you. The article said her pants were green. :) Maybe they are but I'm not seeing it. LOL Then again, I used to wear a purple dress that everyone thought was blue. "Oh, what a pretty blue dress". I pondered that for decades and wondered if my eyes saw colors differently than what other people's eyes saw. I SWORE it was the color of a purple Crayola, and NOT a blue Crayola, but many people (independently) called it blue. :) I still say it was purple. lol

From your article: The picture shows Kiely in a black bodysuit, green pants and black Vans shoes as she stood among racks of apparel and other merchandise.

ETA the article: Surveillance photo shows Truckee teen hours before she vanished
Blue-green indistinction seems to be a thing. I've long known about it in Japanese (ao), but it is apparently far more widespread, and worldwide:
Blue–green distinction in language - Wikipedia
That said, I do see, and have always seen, her pants as being blue.
MOO

According to their website.... 22 cases and formally launched 2 yrs ago.

Using sonar equipment, the Bend, Oregon-based group said they have solved 22 cases since formally launching two years ago.

Article and vid at bottom of this page (in middle): Adventures With Purpose - Solving Cold Cases and Environmental Cleanup
Of solving cases was inly about finding materials and sometimes remains the we wouldn’t need highly trained LE, Forensics, coroners, investigators, the court system.
They have mostly found vehicles involved in insurance fraud, cell phones, a random treasure chest.
They are fantastic at reading sonar and filming
The date of death being left open can go either way.

They may truly not know.

If they put what they may assume, which would be following her call around 1230-ish with Sami, and what many of you feel is most likely, she drove from the party and right into the water, then she passed away August 6th.

However, let's say they went ahead with August 6th. Can you even imagine? We would all be discussing it, and really debating as we all are, we're pretty tame.

I totally understand leaving it as August without a specific date.

Edited due to keyboard issues
And then again, maybe they feel that she is living in the eternal sense, in their hearts.

I can see the [three] necklaces her mother mentioned.

Also, it looks like an animal is walking in front of KR. In front of her left leg, there is a blond head, a body and a tail of a dog or cat or is that pareidolia?

I was thinking of a dog, too! was also even thinking someone else was in photo behind her

I had a pair of olive pants many years ago, IIRC they were from The Gap.
RSBM
ITA. While her (TikTok?) avatar shows her with black hitop Vans (vidcap, probably unapproved), in the surveillance photo they could be either white or checkered, either hitop, lowtop or the classic slipons that skaters and BMXers wore in the 80s (yes, when I was a teen lol). IMO she had multiple pairs of Vans, in different styles.
MOO

ETA for wording

Last edited:
I had a pair of olive pants many years ago, IIRC they were from The Gap.

RSBM
ITA. While her (TikTok?) avatar shows her with black hitop Vans (external link, probably won't be allowed), in the surveillance photo they could be either white or checkered, either hitop, lowtop or the classic slipons that skaters and BMXers wore in the 80s (yes, when I was a teen lol). IMO she had multiple pairs of Vans, in different styles.
MOO

Oh, my apologies. I own several olive green colored britches! I meant, and wasn't so clear about it, that I had never seen Kiely's pants as being an olive green color in the photo as described by LEO in the description of what she wore to the party. They look more gray in the photo, imo. Could be the quality of the cctv footage.

We were also told she wore black Vans not only in the 6:08pm image but also to the party. She wore to the party the same clothes she was wearing in the cctv.

I cannot see her feet in the image so I don't see the black Vans we're told she wore to the party. I've not seen the avatar so thanks - will seek it out.

Let's don't get started on the two sweatshirts she had access to that evening.
#OddCulture #You don't want to be forgotten; You just want to disappear

YES,
Looks like wrist. elbow and under arm areas form a rectangle.
like a box was there.
making the wrist and forearm looked pinched
Also rug looks like it has come up and surrounded her leg below knee,
like it is an attempt to hide something- another box or item ?

That bottom rug area looks like a poor blurring and obfuscating
attempt at a photoshop job

(edit- add last line and spelling
ITA about the arm. This is probably because the retailer would have everything to lose by showing a CCTV capture of a minor MP (later found deceased) buying alcoholic beverages.
ISWYM about the floor, but I can't figure what they would be trying to hide. Unless they were obfuscating the appearance of the floor itself, or something that was on the floor not at all connected to KR, but the nature of which could still reveal the identity of the store.
They? Probably not LE. :-/
MOO

ITA about the arm. This is probably because the retailer would have everything to lose by showing a CCTV capture of a minor MP (later found deceased) buying alcoholic beverages.
ISWYM about the floor, but I can't figure what they would be trying to hide. Unless they were obfuscating the appearance of the floor itself, or something that was on the floor not at all connected to KR, but the nature of which could still reveal the identity of the store.
They? Probably not LE. :-/
MOO
Good idea ! Agreeing with ya

I don't think it is anything negative about K, but
the arm re-surfacing might be done like you say
to remove something personal or
something identifying the store
or a clue that LE doesn't want the public to know yet.

The background looks like a clothing store.
You can see a shirt rack
( our mid left, you can see the metal T base on the floor)
Upper right corner looks like earing rack.
Mid photo behind K looks like pocket books
Lower left corner looks like a basket

But see how the left floor perspective becomes vertical-ish on the right and seems to come up and wrap around her forearm
It also thickly curls around her leg below knee

As you said , that looks like the store id or product
is being obscured.

That is done by a photoshop "finger" color-dragger or blurrer which makes things fuzzy of blurry.
But usually that is a preparatory step before something is then overlayed to complete the image.

The background looks legit since they are all clothing store inventory but the rug was manipulated to cover whatever was next to her.

I thought it was a person at first, too, like @Ixchel13,
but the area is too small.

Probably what you saw - something that would easily
id the store (or 2ndly a clue or personal item)

edited to add:
Actually now she looks like she is hanging some item
on her forearm
because the rug has been dragged up to cover/color her forearm
and that item has now been disappeared.

new edit:
Does it look like she was holding something between her fingers?
Her hand is very blurred compared to the definition of fingers in the opposite hand?

Also looks like an object extended over her upper arm, where there is now a black spot as if
her body suit had extra material that popped out. ?

Last edited:
Good idea ! Agreeing with ya

I don't think it is anything negative about K, but
the arm re-surfacing might be done like you say
to remove something personal or
something identifying the store
or a clue that LE doesn't want the public to know yet.

The background looks like a clothing store.
You can see a shirt rack
( our mid left, you can see the metal T base on the floor)
Upper right corner looks like earing rack.
Mid photo behind K looks like pocket books
Lower left corner looks like a basket

But see how the left floor perspective becomes vertical-ish on the right and seems to come up and wrap around her forearm
It also thickly curls around her leg below knee

As you said , that looks like the store id or product
is being obscured.

That is done by a photoshop "finger" color-dragger or blurrer which makes things fuzzy of blurry.
But usually that is a preparatory step before something is then overlayed to complete the image.

The background looks legit since they are all clothing store inventory but the rug was manipulated to cover whatever was next to her.

I thought it was a person at first, too, like @Ixchel13,
but the area is too small.

Probably what you saw - something that would easily
id the store (or 2ndly a clue or personal item)

edited to add:
Actually now she looks like she is hanging some item
on her forearm
because the rug has been dragged up to cover/color her forearm
and that item has now been disappeared.

new edit:
Does it look like she was holding something between her fingers?
Her hand is very blurred compared to the definition of fingers in the opposite hand?

Also looks like an object extended over her upper arm, where there is now a black spot as if
her body suit had extra material that popped out. ?

Now, Looks like to me I was wrong about the earring rack ( upper rt corner)
it looks to me like tchotchke(s), bric-a-brac, ornaments
(like tea bag holders)? I can't make out what they are.

Also what I thought were handbags ( middle behind K) -I can't make out what that is.

Anyway, it seems like a boutique store with clothes and accessories
( costume jewelry ? ) and ornamental "stuff"".

So again, like @ifindedout said,
maybe the photoshop maneuvers were removing objects that
could identify the store or
maybe a personal clothing item that was none of the public's business
or a clue that LE needed to keep under wraps for investigating ?

The photo of Kiely dancing at the party in the green pants(?) there Kiely looks like she is okay. She is having fun and she doesn't look like she is falling down hurting herself or throwing up etc.

Which photo is this?

Do you mean the surveillance camera photo of Kiely in the local business captured sometime on Friday?

I haven't seen an image of Kiely dancing at the party. If it is TOS approved can you link? <modsnip> Thanks!

Edited: Sorry, follow up posts were "folded" so I see you clarified.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks kind of like Kiely is holding a large wallet/small clutch purse to me when I zoomed in? That would fit.

Agree she does not appear completely "effed up"--i.e. she seems to be upright, and as far as we know, she did not do anything in this store that warranted a call to LE to report public intoxication. We also do not know the local attitudes and tolerance for that sort of thing though. I suspect it's fairly high based on what we do know about the town. She certainly may have had a few drinks at this point. I don't know how to ascertain from a photo, unless she was drinking in the photo?

@ixschel--What I'm "not buying" is no one at the party having any info. I think the town is protecting their own, even if no one is directly involved in Kiely's death. I don't buy the theory where this cute, bubbly girl who was according to her friend SS talking to everyone at the party, just disappears, and then ends up deceased and no one saw her leave, no one can shed a little more light. Too many people in a small space. They mostly knew one another. Everyone when asks can tell us how impaired Kiely was, but nothing more? If she was memorably impaired at a party, I think someone knows how it ended.

Now, Looks like to me I was wrong about the earring rack ( upper rt corner)
it looks to me like tchotchke(s), bric-a-brac, ornaments
(like tea bag holders)? I can't make out what they are.

Also what I thought were handbags ( middle behind K) -I can't make out what that is.

Anyway, it seems like a boutique store with clothes and accessories
( costume jewelry ? ) and ornamental "stuff"".

So again, like @ifindedout said,
maybe the photoshop maneuvers were removing objects that
could identify the store or
maybe a personal clothing item that was none of the public's business
or a clue that LE needed to keep under wraps for investigating ?

In an earlier thread, people suggested it was the tea shop where Kiely worked. Since it was a Friday, and people re often paid on Fridays. that makes sense to me. She could have stopped in to pick up a pay check. Also, it seems like a lot of young people worked there, so she may have just stopped in to say hi, use the bathroom, get a boba tea herself.

I've also heard speculation it was the Truckee River RV Park Gas Station Eastside Deli convenience store. It's just down the road from Prosser, so that makes sense.

Old news from 5 days ago. I've seen no new information as to when this week we'll get an update from NCSO or how.

In the meantime, I wonder what questions LE has that still require someone who saw something at the party to come forward for answers.

Me suspects this case is not so cut and dry...

"The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week. They also hope someone who saw something at that graduation party can help lead to answers." [Last Paragraph]

Old news from 5 days ago. I've seen no new information as to when this week we'll get an update from NCSO or how.

In the meantime, I wonder what questions LE has that still require someone who saw something at the party to come forward.

Me suspects this case is not so cut and dry...

"The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week. They also hope someone who saw something at that graduation party can help lead to answers." [Last Paragraph]

I would not infer that LE necessarily believe that foul play led directly to Kiely ending up in Prosser Reservoir, though that inference certainly could be made. Regardless of whether they determine that her death was an accident, or intentional, I am sure they would still love to know what led up to that event, and how it happened. What went on at the party? Were most of the people at the party known, or unknown to Kiely? Who did she spend time with at the party? How were her interactions with others? Pleasant, or were there any confrontations? Did any of the alleged "fights" at the party involve Kiely, either directly or indirectly? Especially, if it is determined that she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, I am sure they would love to know where any alcohol or drugs came from. Who was she with that may have given them to her, or did she have them when she arrived? What drugs were known to be available there? Was she seen taking or using any? How did she manage to get into her car and drive into the water? Was she alone at that time? What was her demeanor? What route did she take? How many people remained at the party at that time? Were all of her friends already gone when she left? Did anyone hear or see her car go into water? Were there any attempts to cover up the activities of that evening, once it was learned that Kiely was missing, and if so, why? On and on...so many questions still unanswered, and many likely to remain so.

I do hope that investigators will, at the very least, soon be able to answer the questions of cause and manner of death, even as they continue to seek other answers. JMO

Last edited:
Then how does one explain RA company logs, video footage, car registration, license plate. A company has to uphold its business practices. If her car was identified in the footage the company provided then how is that explainable?

Please provide a link to proof that there are indeed RA company logs, video footage, car registration, and license plate. Please provide a link to proof that her car was identified in the footage the company provided. I have seen links that document any of this as existing or as verified.

Please provide a link to proof that there are indeed RA company logs, video footage, car registration, and license plate. Please provide a link to proof that her car was identified in the footage the company provided. I have seen links that document any of this as existing or as verified.
I'm tuning back into the case to see any of this stuff verified but for now, to me, it's in the same category as speculation about sus pixels in a still image cropped from a low resolution security camera of Kiely at an oblique (foreshortened) angle in the middle of what looks to me like adjusting her top.

I'm pretty confident it was law enforcement that captured and cropped that image from actual video provided by the store. If the store felt some kind of legal liability I don't know why they would bother to manipulate their footage when they could just delete it and claim it never existed.

Likewise if there is verifiable evidence of Kiely's CRV elsewhere the following morning I would assume it would be all over the place - unless law enforcement got to it first and gagged the people who had it. Possible but, to me, unlikely.

If you mean this:

View attachment 367122

She's not dancing, her pants aren't green (to my eyes, or to my computer's "eyes". lol), and it was taken from surveillance video earlier in the evening. She's walking in the business.
Those pants are green. Dickies are available in an olive drab kind of a green that to me looks just like what she's wearing. They're not green like on a traffic light. Keep in mind there are shadows in the photo and it isn't the best quality camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444