Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting that he is waiting for Kiely's permission? I'm not sure about the law there but I certainly assume that any victim of foul play denied their voice would be more than glad for any evidence to come out to help bring them justice.
The idea that Nick RA had a sliding scale of days with from Fri morning to Sunday morning
as to when he might have seen KR, at this oint not someone who looked like her, that came later..
not critique proof but, to the public especially mainstream SM, if Nick RA saw her on...

Friday morning....probably an accident, could be abduction
Saturday morn....foul play definitely because other person is still alive
Sunday.......just muddying the waters, abduction, runaway, foul play

awp put a grinding halt to the would be abduction, runaway theories by finding her also to
the extra funding, multi task forces, overtime, FBI help, MOO, gone.

Unless the foul play theories are enabled by saying MAYBE it was Saturday, no more sensationalism money comes in, just the regular adulation donations. and so it still goes on, the teasing for money.

As long as awp keeps embroidering and embellishing the foul play theories, everyone on SM makes money feasting on the sensationalism. Nature of the beast. As to who started it,
who triggered this mess, surely some other podcaster will eventually get to the bottom of it.

The Nevada County Sheriff has already made it clear they are not commenting on the speculation coming from AWP.

“We are not providing comments on (Adventures With Purpose) remarks. Our investigation is ongoing. We hope to release the final autopsy and toxicology reports soon — once they are finalized.”

This is confusing. To me, at least.

They state this: "
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, however, told NewsNation their investigation will continue.

“We are not providing comments on (Adventures With Purpose) remarks. Our investigation is ongoing. We hope to release the final autopsy and toxicology reports soon — once they are finalized.”

And yes, I understand why you called attention to it.

However.....the article closes with:

The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week. They also hope someone who saw something at that graduation party can help lead to answers.

So...I interpret the first quote to mean NewsNationNow pointedly asked for a comment about AWP's remarks, and the NCSO declined to comment. I did not take it to mean when they provide an update--hopefully in the next week--that those remarks/issues--will not be addressed at that time.

Maybe we simply understood the content differently?

I find it interesting that they're still looking for more information, and hoping to piece together details. I'm not sure what that means, but on some level, I think it means they feel someone at the party has information about Kiely's final moments. This doesn't mean someone from the party killed her, or anything really out there. Just that someone can shed a little light. I think the same.

This is confusing. To me, at least.

They state this: "
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, however, told NewsNation their investigation will continue.

And yes, I understand why you called attention to it.

However.....the article closes with:

The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week. They also hope someone who saw something at that graduation party can help lead to answers.

So...I interpret the first quote to mean NewsNationNow pointedly asked for a comment about AWP's remarks, and the NCSO declined to comment. I did not take it to mean when they provide an update--hopefully in the next week--that those remarks/issues--will not be addressed at that time.

Maybe we simply understood the content differently?

I find it interesting that they're still looking for more information, and hoping to piece together details. I'm not sure what that means, but on some level, I think it means they feel someone at the party has information about Kiely's final moments. This doesn't mean someone from the party killed her, or anything really out there. Just that someone can shed a little light. I think the same.
I take it to mean Nevada County Sheriff has no plans to comment on the remarks made on random YouTube channels. Like, ever.

The tip from the RA company (if LE even received one) may be included in the documents they project to release in Nov. We'll see. jmo

I take it to mean Nevada County Sheriff has no plans to comment on the remarks made on random YouTube channels. Like, ever.

The tip from the RA company (if LE even received one) may be included in the documents they project to release in Nov. We'll see. jmo
yes, and the asking for new info, could be, not saying it is, them now at the point of who
among them bought or sold the booze for all these kids. It could be, not saying it is, that some of the parents want this info ferreted out and some want it squirreled away.

Ok, fair enough.

They did find Kiely and her vehicle, so I personally wouldn't consider them a random YouTube channel. LE certainly has the right to comment or not as they see fit, and it's possible some tension exists between them and AWP. We have no way of knowing based on our personal opinions about what might have happened with the case, or what is quoted in an article.

I hope it is included, just to know if it was valid or not. I really hope it was not included in the video as a marketing device. If it was, then I share the disgust.

Would love to see Trish interviewed on Behavior panel. Talk about viral and it would be good for both podcasts. Not sucking up. and this would be the perfect case. lots of interviews
Yes, and I believe a long standing OP recently messaged Trish with the suggestion that WS interview Doug from AWP. FWIW.

Yes, and I believe a long standing OP recently messaged Trish with the suggestion that WS interview Doug from AWP. FWIW.
My reasoning is the contrast between their skills of physical behavior signals and her
expertise in online sleuthing. We have cases on here going back that they have also analized so theres that. They also have certain boundaries they wont cross in respect to the victims in the cases they do, etc. and not accusing of crimes unless the case is solved, etc.
We use interviews to online sleuth the crime, they use interview for analysing criminal. etc.
Their analyses of the Stepanie Lazarus and Col. Russel Williams blew my mind. They do Summer Wells 3 different ways they could talk about that.

RS&BBM

Hi @Arkay. At the risk of 'beating a dead horse' and @SteveP reporting this post to the SPCA, ;), I would like to point out that some here opine perhaps Nick the RA guy's sighting was not of KR herself, but rather her car and two other people.

If I recall correctly, didn't Nick the RA say that he first started thinking that he had potentially seen Kiely, AFTER he saw a missing poster of her? That he thought he may have helped a girl who looked like her? Not that first the car seemed familiar and then he backtracked thinking hey, maybe that was the girl?

None of this seems plausible to me. First by Nick the RA thinking that he saw her on Saturday, which is already after she hadn't come home. I understand he may service many vehicles in a week, and he was confused about which day, but that doesn't boost the impression that he correctly remembered which girl or which car.

Secondly, this was big big news in the area. I think he could've been more likely to remember seeing Kiely immediately after she was in the news as missing, rather than waiting a week.

Third, this whole scenario sounds over the top to me. If this was Kiely's car, but the girl and boy were not Kiely, then what does that suggest? She was already missing by then, stashed away somewhere, but these two kids had possession of her car, then called attention to themselves by calling roadside assistance, then afterwards dumped her car in the lake, with Kiely inside? After she was all over the news as a missing person and LE was trying to locate her car, did these two take Kiely from wherever they had her, stuff her in a car despite everyone looking for her and it, putting her back in her vehicle and launching her into the lake? With LE and the community buzzing all around the party area searching for clues?

IMO this is not plausible in any way.

Last edited:
Please provide a link to proof that there are indeed RA company logs, video footage, car registration, and license plate. Please provide a link to proof that her car was identified in the footage the company provided. I have seen links that document any of this as existing or as verified.
No proof has ever been furnished. It is infuriating that these claims have fomented so much drama but no one has seen evidence that any of this actually occurred. MOO, but I’ve said all along this is a “nope.”

“After she was all over the news as a missing person and LE was trying to locate her car”

There was definitely a period of time after she went missing before it exploded into a huge story. Does anyone know exactly what time LE started searching? It wasn’t until after L noticed KR missing in the morning. So I would assume in the afternoon of the 6th?

It wasn’t all over the news right away. If Nick saw KR and or her car at about 11am Sat morning, it seems plausible that he didn’t know about her disappearance until later.

No proof has ever been furnished. It is infuriating that these claims have fomented so much drama but no one has seen evidence that any of this actually occurred. MOO, but I’ve said all along this is a “nope.”
This is another example of how "the audience" can turn possibilities into near facts.

I understand how easy that can be when you are looking for supporting evidence for your particular scenario.

No one has claimed to confirm anything tying the RA event to Kiely or her car. I think AWP was able to confirm RA was called to the location as stated. I don't know if there is a video or if AWP was permitted to see it. I believe the confirmation was more about the event than it being related to Kiely.

Now for AWP, are they milking the situation for views? I can say that I doubt they are turning down interview requests and I don't blame them for that. Are they teasing it a little too much? Maybe so but you have to agree there is a demand for it.

One final thought. Let's not let AWP or other SM personalities become the red herring when the focus should be on the clues, evidence, and facts.

I am talking to myself here too.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Last edited:
There’s a world of difference between being able to identify a tornado and knowing foul play happened in a car that had been upside down in the water for two weeks. There’s a reason a trained forensics team is needed to figure out how the car got there and the cause of death.
I'd like to know what he saw that caused him so much alarm. It seemed to be more than just the jarring sight of a dead body.

No, I'm suggesting that the roadside company would not have simply put the footage of a service call all over the place the way you suggested.

That is what you suggested, right?

Let me put it another way:

Perhaps it was not Kiely, but it was her vehicle. Or it is neither.

The video has been turned over to law enforcement. Why would it be all over the place? Unless you mean something other than the roadside assistance company releasing it?
This case really got me shook. I had to step away for awhile because I couldn't delete my own rage-posts fast enough :/ The frenzy over AWP and the ensuing pain to the family became just way too much; out of respect for the Rodni family I tuned out for awhile. But I'll weigh in (again) on why I think (MOO) Roadside Nick's sighting is bogus and why I am still firmly in the camp of "tragic accident until I see evidence to the contrary."

AWP claimed in their interview that they confirmed the roadside call took place (I'd like to know how). They also claimed that it was confirmed to be KRs car, and also that Roadside Nick's company furnished dash cam video of the RA call to LE. They have not seen the video; they only "confirmed" it took place. My question is this:

If LE received footage that was relevant to KR's disappearance (I.e., her whole *advertiser censored** car!), why then did they never update their published timeline once any “footage” reached them? Remember, there was a furious ACTIVE search for KR at the time that Roadside Nick would have sounded the alarm and his company would have submitted that footage to LE. If that footage was of KRs car, why on earth would LE not have asked the public once again for tips from folks who may have seen the car at Prosser on that Saturday?

This can mean:

A) LE never received any footage because it was never actually submitted (my #1 theory here);
B) LE received but just sloppily never reviewed the footage (really?);
C) LE reviewed the footage but determined it was not KR’s car and was irrelevant to the case (my #2 theory here);
D) LE received and reviewed bombshell footage of KRs car, but decided not to tell the public that new information had come to light that changed the timeline, and that KR's car was in fact seen the day after KR's disappearance. This would also mean that KR's car was somehow hidden in the reservoir after this fact with no other folks seeing it, despite the presence of searchers etc. in the area (this is just preposterous, IMO, as someone who knows that area--there are campers and swimmers, etc. Not possible.).

In case of D, the car's EDR (car equivalent of a black box, discussed ad nauseam on these threads) will provide data about when it went into the reservoir IF the engine was running when it happened; it will also provide data about the occupancy of the seat(s), speed, gear, etc. The MAIT report will include this information, and will hopefully be available to the public under a FOIA request.

Also, why did AWP edit their original released video wherein it was said that Roadside Nick's gf confirmed that is was definitely that Saturday when Nick called to tell her about the weird RA call, because it was her grandfather's birthday, so she remembered the day? AWP published that in their initial release of the video, and then edited that out. Why?

I really believe that footage just doesn’t exist, or, if it does, it is completely irrelevant to this case. While some folks have attempted to paint the NCSO as incompetent fools, I've observed them sticking to facts, looking after the victims in the case (KR and her family), playing this case close to the vest, and absolutely following procedure. Missing locating a car in a reservoir is hardly evidence that this LE agency is somehow not doing their job properly; cars are notoriously hard to find in water (just ask AWP, they're in the very business of finding cars in water that LE all over the country, in multiple cases, have previously missed; this is not unique to NCSO, and IMO should not be used to impugn and impeach their professionalism). And yet at every turn, certain folks have used this as an opportunity to disparage LE. Did they fail to dive after the FBI extracted the car? Yeah, that's a drag. But my guess is that the mountain of evidence they have (that we do not) is already pointing toward a solo accident, so they didn't feel the need to press a criminal angle.

The FBI processed the car. LE *already have* autopsy results (and probably already have tox screen results as well). They *already know* if there's evidence of SA. They *know* exactly where she was found in the car, and whether her position in the car was consistent with where drivers are found after driving into lakes. They *know* whether she was tied in to the car. They know so much more than we do. They *may* be able to say that so far there isn't evidence of a crime having been committed beyond that of (possibly) impaired driving.

It's not the mission of LE to create a crime where none happened; it's their job to look at all the evidence and determine whether a crime occurred, and if so, to gather evidence, find the perpetrator, and help get them prosecuted. I have every reason to believe they are doing their jobs (with a hiccup here or there) and that the truth will come to light, one way or the other. I fully expect them to rule this a tragic accident, based solely on how LE have behaved since the evidence began pouring in after KR was found.

All amateur speculation and MOO.

Edited for a typo.

Last edited:
I'd like to know what he saw that caused him so much alarm. It seemed to be more than just the jarring sight of a dead body.
I think he had previewed the event in his mind, as many of us do. He expected to find her in the driver's seat.

If seeing your first deceased person it is not enough, she was not where he expected to find her.

I would likely be rattled as well. It is one of those things you can't unsee. I can't unsee the first dead person I was not expecting to see.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

This case really got me shook. I had to step away for awhile because I couldn't delete my own rage-posts fast enough :/ The frenzy over AWP and the ensuing pain to the family became just way too much; out of respect for the Rodni family I tuned out for awhile. But I'll weigh in (again) on why I think (MOO) Roadside Nick's sighting is bogus and why I am still firmly in the camp of "tragic accident until I see evidence to the contrary."

AWP claimed in their interview that they confirmed the roadside call took place (I'd like to know how). They also claimed that it was confirmed to be KRs car, and also that Roadside Nick's company furnished dash cam video of the RA call to LE. They have not seen the video; they only "confirmed" it took place. My question is this:

If LE received footage that was relevant to KR's disappearance (I.e., her whole *advertiser censored** car!), why then did they never update their published timeline once any “footage” reached them? Remember, there was a furious ACTIVE search for KR at the time that Roadside Nick would have sounded the alarm and his company would have submitted that footage to LE. If that footage was of KRs car, why on earth would LE not have asked the public once again for tips from folks who may have seen the car at Prosser on that Saturday?

This can mean:

A) LE never received any footage because it was never actually submitted (my #1 theory here);
C) LE reviewed the footage but determined it was not KR’s car and was irrelevant to the case (my #2 theory here);
D) LE received and reviewed bombshell footage of KRs car, but decided not to tell the public that new information had come to light that changed the timeline, and that KR's car was in fact seen the day after KR's disappearance. This would also mean that KR's car was somehow hidden in the reservoir after this fact with no other folks seeing it, despite the presence of searchers etc. in the area (this is just preposterous, IMO, as someone who knows that area--there are campers and swimmers, etc. Not possible.).

In case of D, the car's EDR (car equivalent of a black box, discussed ad nauseam on these threads) will provide data about when it went into the reservoir IF the engine was running when it happened; it will also provide data about the occupancy of the seat(s), speed, gear, etc. The MAIT report will include this information, and will hopefully be available to the public under a FOIA request.

Also, why did AWP edit their original released video wherein it was said that Roadside Nick's gf confirmed that is was definitely that Saturday when Nick called to tell her about the weird RA call, because it was her grandfather's birthday, so she remembered the day? AWP published that in their initial release of the video, and then edited that out. Why?

I really believe that footage just doesn’t exist, or, if it does, it is completely irrelevant to this case. While some folks have attempted to paint the NCSO as incompetent fools, I've observed them sticking to facts, looking after the victims in the case (KR and her family), playing this case close to the vest, and absolutely following procedure. Missing locating a car in a reservoir is hardly evidence that this LE agency is somehow not doing their job properly; cars are notoriously hard to find in water (just ask AWP, they're in the very business of finding cars in water that LE all over the country, in multiple cases, have previously missed; this is not unique to NCSO, and IMO should not be used to impugn and impeach their professionalism). And yet at every turn, certain folks have used this as an opportunity to disparage LE. Did they fail to dive after the FBI extracted the car? Yeah, that's a drag. But my guess is that the mountain of evidence they have (that we do not) is already pointing toward a solo accident, so they didn't feel the need to press a criminal angle.

The FBI processed the car. LE *already have* autopsy results (and probably already have tox screen results as well). They *already know* if there's evidence of SA. They *know* exactly where she was found in the car, and whether her position in the car was consistent with where drivers are found after driving into lakes. They *know* whether she was tied in to the car. They know so much more than we do. They *may* be able to say that so far there isn't evidence of a crime having been committed beyond that of (possibly) impaired driving.

It's not the mission of LE to create a crime where none happened; it's their job to look at all the evidence and determine whether a crime occurred, and if so, to gather evidence, find the perpetrator, and help get them prosecuted. I have every reason to believe they are doing their jobs (with a hiccup here or there) and that the truth will come to light, one way or the other. I fully expect them to rule this a tragic accident, based solely on how LE have behaved since the evidence began pouring in after KR was found.

Edited for a typo.
wow, awesome Post encomPassing all.

From almost the moment KR was found, her Mom has had a sad, peaceful acceptance.
Except for the message she sent awp but that had nothing to do with acceptance.
JMOO, she isnt like some of the mothers we see time and time again demanding justice
because of foul play. Yes, everyone grieves differently. She may have been briefed by LE on things we dont know and never will.

Her anger and grievances were with HOW the discovery of her daughter was treated. We havent read anything about her demanding or even asking LE for answers concerning foul play, instead we saw her at KR memorial service hugging SS and friends.

JMOO, after KR was found, and Mom knew it was not abduction, she accepted accident theory. MOO, JMOO, IMHO. She even stated she wanted public to leave her and her family alone. If she thought foul play, she would be saying please come forward.
If she is doing so, I would welcome any links.

This can mean:

Edited for a typo.
What does any of this have to do with my question to the other poster though?

You think AWP and Roadside Nick lied & footage was not submitted? Why would they do that?

I've never felt rage over other opinions discussing a case here. If you know the family and feel something is effecting them personally, I guess that might be different. It's pretty much a given with any active investigation that law enforcement would know things we're still discussing amongst ourselves here, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67