Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting—This is from February 1996?

Multiple MSM reports say there was LESS beach area the night of the party— think about it—When water levels are higher the beach area would shrink. Lower water leads to more beach.

Just saying, for the sake of accuracy and for people new to the thread.
but they were already draining it. from April 1 to Aug 6 they drain for Reno, and then from Aug. 7 to Nov. 1 they drain for snow melt runoff. water was low when she disappeared so there would be more beach. and lower still when they found her. and I thought thats what you said when you first corrected me and I then said you were right. LE said the water level dropped considerably, after she went in but did not say the water level was high before she went in. Anyway, it was just a theory thanks for the input.

Since it could only be accident or foul play, there are healthy factions that make for good reading. And although I am accident, many of the foul play scenarios make sense to me.

An accident could have involved driving on the beach and getting tires too near water and
a shallow undertow that might not have been expected. As the tires spun the area around them filled up and sucked her out and under. Because Instead of just jumping out she might have thought she could get the car out so she spun the tires and then she realized she could not open door. She could have been trying to get to the back when the car flipped.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting—This is from February 1996?

Multiple MSM reports say there was LESS beach area the night of the party— think about it—When water levels are higher the beach area would shrink. Lower water leads to more beach.

Just saying, for the sake of accuracy and for people new to the thread.
I'm not sure how a report from 1996 is relevant or what the water level of Prosser was in April. Thanks for keeping things accurate IDK. JMO.

I think telling her aggrieved father right then and there that it looked like foul play was hugely irresponsible. Yes, I do.

People can do both good deeds and inappropriate things.
Where is the proof that AWP told the father it was foul play while at Prosser? Please attach because I watched the video and didn’t see that happen.

Where is the proof that AWP told the father it was foul play while at Prosser? Please attach because I watched the video and didn’t see that happen.
I didn't hear it when I relistened. He told the father "We don't always know the why, we just try to find the where". That right there is not saying anything about foul play.

Video captured at the time this convo starts:

I'm not sure how a report from 1996 is relevant or what the water level of Prosser was in April. Thanks for keeping things accurate IDK. JMO.
The link I provided above, and here it is again, https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/1996/0082/report.pdf
contains a contract in it as to when how and where the drained water is taken out and shared out to various places such as Reno.

This contract still remains in effect and they still provide
water to Reno. Snow still melts every year since then and water needs to be drained from not only prosser but Boca, etc. on a cyclical basis.

Every year various experts decide all this. iirc someone said way upthread that Reno needed more water because of drought.

Lake was being drained, there was a current, really that is all I am trying to say and it is accurate. During the early summer here at Lake Monroe, we have a drowning every year or so because draining the rez causes an unexpected current. A good swimmer will go off a boat, swim a ways and then just disappear. people do not realize reservoirs have currents
that will pull you under and it happens quickly.

This is the Great Lakes, yes, but imagine a much much smaller version, an undertow strong enough to wash a car into the water...heck we have creeks here that do that when someone tries to cross them

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=4a16...1c2hpbmctd2F0ZXJzL2NvbW1lbnQtcGFnZS0xLw&ntb=1

Last edited:
This is AWP’s interaction with Kiely’s father & grandfather.
(via AWP’s official video which has been posted here numerous times <modsnip>)
This shows that AWP stuck with the facts.

Father: right there, that red thing? how the (bleep) could they have missed it? that’s f-ing impossible.

Doug: in our investigation coming into this umm this is just what we do, we find vehicles under water. we specialize in it.

Father: (inaudible) thank you Doug.

Doug: I don’t know what you guys know & we don’t always know the why, we just try to find the “where” and so I can’t relate to what you’re speaking to right now.

Grandfather: is the car upside down?

Doug: the car is upside down but that’s common when a car goes into water because the wheels make it buoyant

Father: and the windows are closed probably?

Doug: all the windows except for one

Nick: one’s halfway down, one’s all the way down

Father: which one

Doug: so Nick is my diver…

Father: which window is up? or down?

Nick: the what was it? driver rear was down & the passenger rear was halfway

Father: is she seatbelted in?

Nick: no.

Grandfather: is she in the driver’s seat?

Father: she’s not

Grandfather: is she in the back?

Doug: she’s in the back

Nick: yes

Doug: i would recommend

Father: get out of here?

Doug: this is your daughter

Father: i can’t…

Doug: this is your daughter, do what you want to do, i would recommend

Father: i can’t see this. this is going to be my last memory i can’t f-ing do it. i’m done.

(Father is shown driving away)

ETA: link

Last edited by a moderator:
(via AWP’s official video which has been posted here numerous times - <modsnip>)

Father: right there, that red thing? how the (bleep) could they have missed it? that’s f-ing impossible.

Doug: in our investigation coming into this umm this is just what we do, we find vehicles under water. we specialize in it.

Doug: I don’t know what you guys know & we don’t always know the why, we just try to find the “where” and so I can’t relate to what you’re speaking to right now.

Doug: the car is upside down but that’s common when a car goes into water because the wheels make it buoyant

Father: i can’t see this. this is going to be my last memory i can’t f-ing do it. i’m done.

Well, it that just didn't put my post above yours to shame. I am so cracking up over here. LOLOL!!! :D

Thank you for that!

There were swimmers in Prosser and families at the campground while she was still underwater.

The only reason I can see them not needing the laptop, or the phone really, is if they have everything already on the cloud.

This is possible, as early missing reports mentioned Kiely having an iPad at home.

I still find it troubling though, since a laptop is a pretty large piece of personal property, and it's possible for people to retrieve information from it, once found. It's one thing to have your hairbrush or your Truly can floating around, still not great, but your laptop?

(via AWP’s official video which has been posted here numerous times <modsnip>)

Imo

AWP did a heroic job of locating Kiely, and you're right, in this conversation with the father and grandfather, they stuck to the facts and handled this impeccably and with sensitivity.

IMO where they misstepped is in their subsequent video. From a salacious title, "Murder or Accident?," to interviewing their own witness (Nick the RA) and drawing their own conclusions as to the accuracy of his account, to publicly stating they think there was foul play---that to me is way outside of their skill set and jurisdiction.

Even Kiely's mother was upset with that and had to demand they expunge some parts of the video that she wanted to keep private.

I applaud them with all my might for finding Kiely and for others they have located, as well. I do grasp that they gain financial contributions from attracting viewers, and many viewers and subscribers WANT to hear this kind of stuff, rather than a dry documentary expounding upon the physics involved.

Their founder has been very candid that his field is about monetizing social media. I'm ok with that if it brings them enough donations to find the lost.

But IMO their job with Kiely is done. They found her when no one else did. That's amazing. Now it's time to let the people whose field is investigation get on with their task.

Jmo

AWP and their video is only one piece of this though.

We still have evidence being left in the water. Why? This does make you wonder what else may have been disregarded.

Young *adults* drinking, at minimum, with a minor and at minimum, leaving her reportedly extremely inebriated to her own devices, either to drive home "effed up" or to camp out alone, at a place where there were allegedly "sketchy older guys", all kinds of drugs, and people showing up in droves from random cities.

A minor out driving past the time when she legally was supposed to drive.

Tons of tips pouring in which @RedHaus and others have shared.

The link I provided above, and here it is again, https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/1996/0082/report.pdf
contains a contract in it as to when how and where the drained water is taken out and shared out to various places such as Reno.

This contract still remains in effect and they still provide
water to Reno. Snow still melts every year since then and water needs to be drained from not only prosser but Boca, etc. on a cyclical basis.

Every year various experts decide all this. iirc someone said way upthread that Reno needed more water because of drought.

Lake was being drained, there was a current, really that is all I am trying to say and it is accurate. During the early summer here at Lake Monroe, we have a drowning every year or so because draining the rez causes an unexpected current. A good swimmer will go off a boat, swim a ways and then just disappear. people do not realize reservoirs have currents
that will pull you under and it happens quickly.

This is the Great Lakes, yes, but imagine a much much smaller version, an undertow strong enough to wash a car into the water...heck we have creeks here that do that when someone tries to cross them

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=4a16...1c2hpbmctd2F0ZXJzL2NvbW1lbnQtcGFnZS0xLw&ntb=1
I still don't understand what this has to do with this case. The water level at Prosser was lower when AWP found the car when compared to when Kiely went missing. All of this extraneous stuff about water being drained out from April to August doesn't mean much at all. JMO.

AWP and their video is only one piece of this though.

We still have evidence being left in the water. Why? This does make you wonder what else may have been disregarded.

Young *adults* drinking, at minimum, with a minor and at minimum, leaving her reportedly extremely inebriated to her own devices, either to drive home "effed up" or to camp out alone, at a place where there were allegedly "sketchy older guys", all kinds of drugs, and people showing up in droves from random cities.

A minor out driving past the time when she legally was supposed to drive.

Tons of tips pouring in which @RedHaus and others have shared.
Not sure that TONS of tips are pouring in, and not sure how helpful tips still coming in are, though I hope they do get followed up on. The one tip that got highlighted and posted yesterday was from someone who said they saw and had her car on video the day before it went into the water. I'm not sure how helpful that could be, and also am trying to figure out how they knew what day the car went into the water. Seems they would have said the day before the party. JMO

1663694932461.png

I still don't understand what this has to do with this case. The water level at Prosser was lower when AWP found the car when compared to when Kiely went missing. All of this extraneous stuff about water being drained out from April to August doesn't mean much at all. JMO.
well....I have explained why I think it is important enough times and if you still do not understand my point that is completely OK. :D

Not sure that TONS of tips are pouring in, and not sure how helpful tips still coming in are, though I hope they do get followed up on. The one tip that got highlighted and posted yesterday was from someone who said they saw and had her car on video the day before it went into the water. I'm not sure how helpful that could be, and also am trying to figure out how they knew what day the car went into the water. Seems they would have said the day before the party. JMO

View attachment 367473
There were several others in the previous thread. My point is, I think people are getting hung up on AWP and whether AWP is monetizing, and coming down firmly on one side or another based on emotions. That's what I'm getting from post content in the last couple of pages, anyway. I think there is more to this, obviously, but I'm not sure what that "more" is. I'm open to it being anything, and that's what I'm trying to encourage. Stay open. We really still do not know what happened.

I really hope anything as detailed as her car on video is followed up on as well, especially as you would hope the video would include the date, time, and hopefully a plate/partial plate?

View attachment 367473

Good points and exactly why it could be an important tip—IMO. What time did they see the vehicle? During the party? Maybe this person knows when the vehicle did go in the water? Or heard something ? I’m intrigued actually.

I see what you’re saying and maybe they don’t have relevant info, but I sure hope LE is taking all tips seriously and following up.

If my posts do not include any references to foul play, then they maybe should include speculations as to how a car during an accident could be swiftly drawn into the water, and maybe even try to find out what the current might have been like. Does that make sense or is that too far fetched%

Last edited:
Good points and exactly why it could be an important tip—IMO. What time did they see the vehicle? During the party? Maybe this person knows when the vehicle did go in the water? Or heard something ? I’m intrigued actually.

I see what you’re saying and maybe they don’t have relevant info, but I sure hope LE is taking all tips seriously and following up.
funny but Steve had a post asking those very same questions!

I’ve put in a few hours the last couple of days researching water levels, slope,grade, temperatures, estimated distances , elevations between campground and “beach” - interviews and helpful photos for refreshing memories..
I’ll post tonight.

Oh, I said I hope LE are taking all tips seriously, and following up. This particular tip report may just be worded obscurely. They didnt report seeing the car earlier on the day of the party, but a day before it went into the water. Now, if they in fact saw it during the day of the Friday night party, yes, that may be helpful, but the way it was recorded, it sounds like they were reporting having seen it on Thursday, in which case, I cannot see anything useful in that at all.

Btw, just because I still believe this was an accident, that does not believe that I am not open to the possibility that it wasn't. I just have my own personal standard, as I suppose we all do, of what is reported that I choose to believe, is truth, lies, or opinions. JMO

Last edited:
Oh, I said I hope LE are taking all tips seriously, and following up. This particular tip report may just be worded obscurely. They didnt report seeing the car earlier on the day of the party, but a day before it went into the water. Now, if they in fact saw it during the day of the Friday night party, yes, that may be helpful, but the way it was recorded, it sounds like they were reporting having seen it on Thursday, in which case, I cannot see anything useful in that at all.

Btw, just because I still believe this was an accident, that does not believe that I am not open to the possibility that it wasn't. I just have my own personal standard, as I suppose we all do, of what is reported that I choose to believe, is truth, lies, or opinions. JMO

Sure understood. Maybe I’m splitting hairs ? I guess I’ve just been under the impression that it went into the water after midnight, ie the next day. Mostly because of the ping after midnight. Which would mean the person saw her vehicle the day of the party and therefore a potentially important tip. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ginny715