Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the “all there” comment was because there was a picture going around on SM (& also discussed here) where it looked like a wheel was missing on the car while it was underwater.

MOO
So it wasn't in response to a question about a flat tire. Thanks.

Oh boy, here we go...

Web sleuths have been circulating rumors of foul play for weeks since her death, and have been speculating her boyfriend, Jagger Westfall, could have been involved.

Nevada County Sheriffs told The U.S. Sun on Tuesday: "Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, he was ruled out as a person of interest."

The accusations began after the volunteer dive group Adventures with Purpose, who found Kiely's car using sonar technology, spoke to an unnamed witness.

The man claimed in a YouTube video to have helped Kiely with her vehicle and described her being with a teen who fitted Jagger's description after he appeared on the local news.
The 'witness' did not disclose what company he provided roadside assistance for and his claims have never been verified, with no CCTV or other witnesses coming forward.

The U.S. Sun can now confirm Jagger, 18, has voluntarily spoken with law enforcement and provided proof of his movements during the time Kiely disappeared.

A source exclusively said: "Jagger was in Napa Valley until 8am on the Saturday. He didn't get back to Truckee until noon and then joined the search to look for Kiely.
My bolding. More at the link.

I hope this puts to rest any suspicions about Kiely's ex. Oh, and I'm sure they mean web sleuths in general and not us.
I feel bad for Jagger to have to deal with that sort of scary BS at a time like this.

And I wish they'd start calling them web detectives, and not web sleuths. They can be too easily confused with us.

One viewer asked the divers: "Can you clear up rumors that front tires were flat?"
Nick said that they found the car upside down and he was trying his best not to touch the car to preserve evidence.
However, "even if a tire was flat underwater upside down unless you were to put your hands on it and push it you wouldn't be able to tell the tires were all there. They looked intact to me."
So Nick was asked a question about front tires being flat and instead of answering that question he answered a non asked question about missing tires/wheels.

Why would he do that? I'm still confused. JMO.

I think this should put a lot of debate of the past week or so to rest. It certainly erases any doubt I may have had...

Nevada County Sheriffs told The U.S. Sun on Tuesday: "Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, he was ruled out as a person of interest."

The accusations began after the volunteer dive group Adventures with Purpose, who found Kiely's car using sonar technology, spoke to an unnamed witness.

The man claimed in a YouTube video to have helped Kiely with her vehicle and described her being with a teen who fitted Jagger's description after he appeared on the local news.

He alleged he couldn't remember what day he helped the couple, but claimed it may have been the morning after she was last seen alive at the party near Truckee Family Campground.

The 'witness' did not disclose what company he provided roadside assistance for and his claims have never been verified, with no CCTV or other witnesses coming forward.

The U.S. Sun can now confirm Jagger, 18, has voluntarily spoken with law enforcement and provided proof of his movements during the time Kiely disappeared.

Last edited:
I think this should put a lot of debate of the past week or so to rest. It certainly erases any doubt I may have had...

Steve, great post. The only thing it could seem to be at this point is that other guy with the black hat and hair sticking out, with that friend of KR who resembles KR, in a car that was silver like KRs, and yes they could have been searching for KR that Saturday morning.
IMO MOO MHOO, Jagger has been subtly and not so subtly framed from the get go on SM.

We marveled at his lack of self awareness that he was a suspect, not knowing that he had already been cleared! THATS why he felt unbridled to declare his love and sorrow on SM, he was combatting accusations and death threats and he had already been cleared. LE will often not clear someone right away, just to see what enfolds, but with this kind of SM backlash nowadays, they better start doing so! This is becoming one of the most sordid cases ever no wonder I cannot let it go.

So Nick was asked a question about front tires being flat and instead of answering that question he answered a non asked question about missing tires/wheels.

Why would he do that? I'm still confused. JMO.

Because he does not know what to to answer. He saw the tyres ok. Was not his job to check them.

Guy is defending himself from things certain parties are alleging that he should have spotted. Or that LE has spotted during their investigation. (And there was a long discusión about tyres, wheels etc on here, picked up in many sites)

We know nothing about that. Give him a break.

WTH is wrong with people. Leave this kid alone. It’s time for some new laws surrounding the families and friends of victims. Bullying and harassment needs some slammer time.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Because he does not know what to to answer. He saw the tyres ok. Was not his job to check them.

Guy is defending himself from things certain parties are alleging that he should have spotted. Or that LE has spotted during their investigation. (And there was a long discusión about tyres, wheels etc on here, picked up in many sites)

Not sure why he was ever put in that position.

Probably would have been wiser to tell LE all the ancillary stuff and not broadcast it out on the internet.

Clicks I guess.

He alleged he couldn't remember what day he helped the couple, but claimed it may have been the morning after she was last seen alive at the party near Truckee Family Campground.

This bit needs to be blasted far and wide all over social media to put the whole tow truck driver rumors to bed once and for all.

WTH is wrong with people. Leave this kid alone. It’s time for some new laws surrounding the families and friends of victims. Bullying and harassment needs some slammer time.

Amateur opinion and speculation
ummmmmm all the just not buying it and stuff, maybe these kids are telling the truth and they just do not know what happened to KR%

This bit needs to be blasted far and wide all over social media to put the whole tow truck driver rumors to bed once and for all.

^^^^THIS^^^

Not sure why he was ever put in that position.

Probably would have been wiser to tell LE all the ancillary stuff and not broadcast it out on the internet.

Clicks I guess.
Personally, he should take a lesson from LE and that's to NOT answer any questions they aren't ready to, well informed of, etc. I'm not dissing AWP because they found her and do an AWESOME JOB at finding things... but just because you're asked a question does not mean you have to answer it. MOO

Ok, I'll give him a break. Maybe he was confused on what the question was or maybe he is not very articulate.

That doesn't take away my confusion on what he said in response to what I consider to be a simple question. JMO.

ok...i confess that i think i know how to change a tire because i have watched lol.
so, from a completely unschooled perspective, I am trying to see how a flat tire fits in.
Thats why I dont like or respond to tire comments because it perlexes me.
We know one of the roads straight to the beach was bumpy and difficult.
Curious to know if anyone thinks thats why the tire is flat.
last month, I ran over a 6 inch screw and it actually blew out my Chevy truck tire. It deflated in my driveway and cost me 37O. to tow and new tire!

all to say, what if, speculation, the day before KR had already had road assistance and found herself in a terrifying situation later where she thought she was going to lose the car.

This isn't even about Kiely or truth anymore.
@CharlestonGal

It's so heartbreaking, but this strikes me as so dreadfully true.

At this point it does feel as though Kiely is not even the point anymore in the minds of so many people. She's just a placeholder for people to spin stories around, in order to achieve some goal that has nothing to do with her life and untimely death.

Several different goals among several different groups, IMO. That's all I'll say about that. I think you hit on a profound shift in this whole tragic narrative.

No wonder her mother wants everyone to butt out.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think we get a little biased here because we are elbows deep in violent crime on a daily basis. But the reality is that violent crime has dropped dramatically since the 70's when the violent crime rate was 729.6 per 100,000 thousand. By 2020 that rate had dropped to 398.5. The violent crime rate is currently drastically lower than it has been in the last 50 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member