Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the rumours about Jagger have been put to bed once and for all, thank god.

Now, i maybe nit picking here.?

Nevada County Sheriffs told The U.S. Sun on Tuesday: "Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, he was ruled out as a person of interest."

A source exclusively said: "Jagger was in Napa Valley until 8am on the Saturday. He didn't get back to Truckee until noon and then joined the search to look for Kiely.

If LE had released a statement similar to this:

"Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, we were able to discern that Jagger was not in, Trukee, at the time of Kiely's disappearance. "Jagger was in Napa Valley until 8am on the Saturday. He didn't get back to Truckee until noon and then joined the search to look for Kiely."

IMO, this still gets across the message he was not there. Yet, LE felt the need to include, "person of interest." What do they mean by this?. I know it is a small detail but why include it.? Does this mean LE are looking at other "Persons of interest" and if so, is this LE telling us (Yes i know they haven't) that Kielys death was not an accident?

The question is. What do they mean by "Person of interest"?

Definition of "person of interest":
A person who is believed to be possibly involved in a crime but has not been charged or arrested.

MMO.

MOO
since Jagger had been accused, of course they checked him out. He was never an official declared person of interest and neither was Nick RA. If there was ever anything valid about KR with the Nick RA thing, and the way he basically IDd Jagger, Jagger would have been officially named. IMO Jagger was cleared immediately and LE left him dangling like they almost always do.

I think it is probably standard when anyone goes missing for LE to interview current and recent romantic partners?

Edited to add: Also, LE may have had information at that point which showed the people Kiely was texting or otherwise in communication with that night.

This post was not related at all to RA Nick's tip. Police received this completely separate tip and logged it Sept 18, 2022. Yes, it's strange, b/c the person saw K's car the day before it apparently ended up in the reservoir.

Thank you for bringing clarity to an apparently volatile subject.

All this to say - we don’t need to choose sides here. Hopefully this process, while obviously tragic, will be a learning experience for both AWP and LE
RSBM
Thank you, @ItalyReader for stating this. I think we WS sleuthers are at our best when we have an open mind and can toss around all sorts of data inputs to seek the truth. Some of that data gets tossed out, some stick around for a while and some begin to crystallize into the truth. I think since we know so very little about the truth of KR's case, we the public are still juggling many disparate data points. Until LE states more facts we are far from knowing the truth of this case. Until then I for one will continue to have an open mind and will respectfully explore all data.

This forum is different from others because it allows for the consideration of ALL possibilities and the discussion (within TOS) of each individual's opinions and theories (whether or not we agree with them). I'm not a fan of telling others how and what to do or post. That is against TOS and is for admins and mods to decide.

We all want the same thing: an answer to what happened to this 16 year-old child. I think it's fair to say we ALL hope this was an accident. However, if it is determined that it wasn't, we all also want justice for her. We're all on the same side. IMO

This bit needs to be blasted far and wide all over social media to put the whole tow truck driver rumors to bed once and for all.

The 'witness' did not disclose what company he provided roadside assistance for and his claims have never been verified, with no CCTV or other witnesses coming forward.

A thousand thank-yous. And then some more.

When was JW “cleared?” When it was a missing persons case? Or after her car & body was found? He can still be later named a POI at anytime.
Not sure he can be charged for her accident or a cover up, they know he was somewhere else. and then when he did get back he joined the search and then was seen from then on, had no time to dispose of KR if *they* did have her hidden somewhere, and was posting non stop. he is overly dramatic and drew attention to himself,someone he loved was dead.

5ws, again, an accident theory by its nature disputes a foul play theory.
RSBM
In a black and white scenario, which explains the cause and manner of KR's death, I would of course agree. However, as I have opined here previously, could there not be a grey area of scenarios that make this a more complex case?

I wonder if these are foul play or accident:

1. KR has a head injury from a fight and drives or drifts into the lake from delirium.

2. KR overdoses on a drug or alcohol and drives or drifts into the lake from delirium.

3. KR and others are rough-housing in vehicles on the beach and KR's car gets tapped on the rearend by another and KR's car gets pushed into the water.

4. KR and others are in her car driving around recklessly on the beach and her car ends up in the water, others get out.

5. KR is driven home by someone else but they are also impaired and they drive into the lake. They get out and KR doesn't.

6. KR dies from an overdose, alcohol poisoning, brain injury, etc. and those who know, panic and try to cover it up.

7. Someone plays a prank after a night of drinking and it goes very wrong (e.g. push an 'empty' car into the lake while KR is asleep or passed out in the back seat).

This is where my mind is constantly churning the facts... not the simple accident (e.g. KR drove into the lake while driving home) or simple foul play (e.g. someone raped and murdered KR and disposed of her car and body in the lake) scenarios, although I constantly look for facts that could support either.

IMO.

RSBM
In a black and white scenario, which explains the cause and manner of KR's death, I would of course agree. However, as I have opined here previously, could there not be a grey area of scenarios that make this a more complex case?

1. KR has a head injury from a fight and drives or drifts into the lake from delirium.

2. KR overdoses on a drug or alcohol and drives or drifts into the lake from delirium.

3. KR and others are rough-housing in vehicles on the beach and KR's car gets tapped on the rearend by another and KR's car gets pushed into the water.

4. KR and others are in her car driving around recklessly on the beach and her car ends up in the water, others get out.

5. KR is driven home by someone else but they are also impaired and they drive into the lake. They get out and KR doesn't.

6. KR dies from an overdose, alcohol poisoning, brain injury, etc. and those who know, panic and try to cover it up.

7. Someone plays a prank after a night of drinking and it goes very wrong (e.g. push an 'empty' car into the lake while KR is asleep or passed out in the back seat).

This is where my mind is constantly churning the facts... not the simple accident (e.g. KR drove into the lake while driving home) or simple foul play (e.g. someone raped and murdered KR and disposed of her car and body in the lake) scenarios, although I constantly look for facts that could support either.

IMO.
i think we can skip to just saying foul play is, someone else put her in the lake for whatever reason.
The rest is contributing to the deliquency and subsequent death of a minor, not how she got in the lake.

Following this case from the beginning I know for an absolute fact that there was a huge audience that desperately wanted to believe there was foul play despite this being a textbook "drunk person ends up in water" case.

I think Kiely's BF thought that someone in his social circle might know something that they would be afraid to tell the police and that by asking on his social media for tips to be given directly to him, he thought that he was offering an alternative route to finding her and improving the chances.

I think that AWP is falling victim to the celebrity virus. They are growing a huge following and believe that the more well known they are, the more cases they will be able to work on and the more good they will be able to do but they aren't experts at this kind of thing and they aren't criminal investigators at all. I think they have made what they at the time considered to be a small, vague statement so as to stay on the radar with this case while the case remains international news and they probably didn't anticipate how many people there are who still desperately want this to be something other than a drunken accident.

They need to be real damn careful about developing a reputation of being adversarial with law enforcement though. They could be right back to working exclusively cold cases before they know it.

This bit needs to be blasted far and wide all over social media to put the whole tow truck driver rumors to bed once and for all.

The 'witness' did not disclose what company he provided roadside assistance for and his claims have never been verified, with no CCTV or other witnesses coming forward.
But I don’t get how a statement from The Sun, basically summarizing AWP’s video, would put the rumor to bed. This is The Sun dismissing the roadside assistant’s story, not LE.

But I don’t get how a statement from The Sun, basically summarizing AWP’s video, would put the rumor to bed. This is The Sun dismissing the roadside assistant’s story, not LE.
I agree, @EmmieA. And in fact, I asked Admin to remove my post from last night declaring we finally had word from LE that dismissed Nick the RA's sighting as material. This morning I reread the article and realized it was just the Sun's declaration.

RSBM

IMO.
MOO:

1. It could depend on whether KR was coerced into fighting and whether anyone recognized the severity of her injury. Just the presence of an organized "fight club," if it contributed to her death, while not necessarily "foul play," would make it more than a simple "drunk girl drives into lake."

2. It would depend on whether she voluntarily ingested all substances in her system.

3-6. If nobody called for help, then it's foul play.

7. Seems to obviously be foul play.

I don't think Kiely could have gotten in much horsing around between when she was last in contact with her friend and when her phone went off. Her having charged it in a car earlier could mean that it was very low and she only got a partial charge but it does indicate she wasn't the type to just let her battery die.

I agree, @EmmieA. And in fact, I asked Admin to remove my post from last night declaring we finally had word from LE that dismissed Nick the RA's sighting as material. This morning I reread the article and realized it was just the Sun's declaration.
Respectfully, the NCSO clearly stated to The Sun, "Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, he was ruled out as a person of interest." If he was ruled out as a person of interest, I think most would agree that Nick, the roadside guy, was mistaken in his recollections, and did not answer a call to Kiely's car, where someone purposely described as Kiely, and a person that was very obviously portrayed to be Jagger, were unable to get the car started around 11am the morning after she allegedly wound up in Prosser Reservoir. I certainly think if video had been turned over to LE showing Kiely and Jagger the morning after, then he would most definitely still be a person of interest.

I do find it somewhat amusing that when The Sun, an accepted msm source here, makes a statement, it should only be accepted as true if LE also verifies it, but if an unnamed man makes a possibly highly inflammatory statement to the divers who found the car, and LE makes a statement that they will not reply to such comments, many are eagerly willing to accept it as fact. I don't. JMO

Last edited:
Yes, thank you. LE has never confirmed that there were ANY persons of interest at any time unless I missed it. If he was cleared, it was early on when it was a missing person or possible abduction. The Sun interviewed J and declared he was cleared. Of course they don't have evidence of Nick's video footage, because LE hasn't released that info if they have it. Terrible reporting imo.

Also it states J "got back to Truckee" in the article implying he was in Truckee before that at some point which is sus.

I don't see how some can see this as a clear cut drunk driving accident. @RedHaus listed multiple theories that I think are still plausible.

I've seen other photos of Nick, the roadside assistant. There was someone who knew him and confirmed he's a stand-up guy on a YT livestream. She said he felt his tip got lost by LE and then went to find AWP, because he knew they were coming to town to work on the case. This isn't confirmed true, but others have found him.

I took the bolded part to be confirmation, although I suppose you could say that NCSO worded it as being early in the investigation, so perhaps that could be leaving the present as open-ended.

Web sleuths have been circulating rumors of foul play for weeks since her death, and have been speculating her boyfriend, Jagger Westfall, could have been involved.”

“Nevada County Sheriffs told The U.S. Sun on Tuesday: "Early in the investigation, our detectives made contact with Jagger Westfall. After a detailed interview, he was ruled out as a person of interest."

This is a fascinating read, although warning, THERE ARE DISTURBING IMAGES within this 2018 NIH forensics article.

I think Table 1 and 2, alone, illustrate the complexities LE may be facing IF KR's autopsy is not cut and dry.

Table 1​

Select Considerations in Water-Related Deaths with Corresponding Examples
Natural death preceding or during submersionCoronary artery thrombosis with sudden cardiac death while swimming; fatal arrhythmia due to cardiac channelopathy while underwater swimming; Nontraumatic seizure disorder with seizure onset while swimming
Homicidal drowningForcibly holding or pulling victim under water; pushing of victim into water; victim incapacitation by inflicted injury or intoxication while in/near water
Homicidal injury with body disposalLethal blunt, sharp, or asphyxial injury followed by weighted body submersion
Suicidal drowningSubmersion assisted by self-tying of hands and/or feet or use of weighted materials (i.e., backpack filled with large rocks)
Accidental drowningPrecipitated by swim fatigue, swim inability, drug and alcohol intoxication, equipment failure, carbon monoxide poisoning from motorized vessels, incapacitating injury, rough/swift waters, temperature extremes (i.e., causing hypothermia), entanglement by underwater objects, unsecured or unsupervised locations (i.e., ponds, lakes, pools), electrical current from defective pool lights, electrical current from appliance submerged in bathtub, entrapment by pool drains
Accidental death from trauma preceding or accompanying submersion with drowningLethal blunt force, head, neck, and torso trauma from fall, diving with impact, or watercraft collision
Nontraumatic accidental death precluding the drowning processPre- or peri-submersion lethal drug or medication overdose

Table 2​

Investigative Approach and Workup of Water-Related Deaths
Scene Investigation and Review of History
Body location, position, condition, temperature
Victim identification, medical, social, and psychiatric history
Environmental and water conditions
Recovery efforts and agencies involved
Resuscitation efforts
Witness statements
Evidence collection and preservation: clothing and personal effects, safety and diving gear, drowning medium
Collection, preservation and examination of underwater breathing gear, life vests, vessels and vehicles
Ancillary collection/examinations by forensic anthropologist, entomologist, botanist
Documentation: narrative reports, diagrams, photographs, video
Pre-Autopsy Preparation
Trace evidence examination and collection of on-body evidence
DNA collection: victim and foreign sources
Imaging: radiography, postmortem computed tomography
Autopsy-External Examination
Body/clothing: condition, wetness, intactness, aquatic debris
Wrinkling and pallor of palms and soles, froth/foam cone
Rigor mortis and lividity patterns and color, crepitance, body temperature
Decompositional changes
Injuries and injury patterns: acute vs. resolving, antemortem vs. postmortem
Supportive findings of drowning
Autopsy-Internal Examination
Injuries and injury patterns: acute vs. resolving, antemortem vs. postmortem, resuscitative
Decompositional changes
Supportive findings of drowning
Natural disease with lethal potential
Tissues and bodily fluids sampling and submission for toxicological analysis
Histological and toxicological sampling and submission
Special Case-Based Examinations and Procedures
Dissections: neck and spinal cord, cardiac conduction system
Flotation/hydrostatic test (infants and fetuses)
Assessment for cavity and intravascular air
Tissue/blood sampling for microbial analysis
Analysis for cardiac channelopathies
Microscopic examination/analysis of drowning media: diatoms, chemicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics