Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i take it to mean just what it says, that early on, they questioned him and ruled him out.
Don't disagree, @lxchel13. The SUN article is saying just as you describe. That JW was ruled out early on. Done.

Tracing back to my post where I think this started, I simply stated the SUN article did not say LE had dismissed the Nick RA Guy story to AWP. The SUN article just describes the Nick RA Guy story from the beginning of the 9/2 AWP video.

As I think as @EmmieA just stated, they are two different stories melded into one article. All I did was try to clarify that.

1663793157995.png

Don't disagree, @lxchel13. The SUN article is saying just as you describe. That JW was ruled out early on. Done.

Tracing back to my post where I think this started, I simply stated the SUN article did not say LE had dismissed the Nick RA Guy story to AWP. The SUN article just describes the Nick RA Guy story from the beginning of the 9/2 AWP video.

As I think as @EmmieA just stated, they are two different stories melded into one article. All I did was try to clarify that.

View attachment 367771
actually...I think she might have said there were 2 different articles.

Last edited:
You know, in this discussion about foul play v. accident, it strikes me that there is no "foul play" Manner of Death.

In the United States, a manner of death is expressed as belonging to one classification of a group of six possible:[9][4][8]

So I wonder if we'd be better served not throwing everything but accident into a 'foul play' category. Because as you say, there are many extenuating circumstances, modifiers, confounders, etc. that can turn 'accident' into something complex.

I think that is the grey area I am trying to get at today. Yes, it could be a simple accidental drowning. But if any of the seven scenarios I outlined above are true, many specific details would have to be resolved to understand any culpability.
Nope, gonna stick with what I said, because if for any reason, instead of calling 911 someone put her in the lake, that is foul play, period. Forget about any drugs or alcohol..or where she might have gotten those, if she did, or any fighting. If she did not drive herself into the lake, then its foul play. Accident, or foul play

I find this very interesting from the 2018 NIH Forensics article I posted earlier, and again here.

Homicidal Drowning can be ascribed to a drowning victim incapacitated by intoxication near water.

Homicidal drowningForcibly holding or pulling victim under water; pushing of victim into water; victim incapacitation by inflicted injury or intoxication while in/near water

Excerpted from Table 1
yes, that does describe drowning someone, who may be intoxicated and then drowned.
would be interested to know what you are getting at here, I dont imagine its an accident theory.

I can't access this. Could you please give us the 10% (or less) good bits? TIA!

In response to a public records request, Moon said information on the case will be reviewed and redacted and expected to be available on Nov. 1.

The California Highway Patrol is investigation the case as a car crash, and the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office is investigating if foul play was a factor in the death and is handling Kiely’s autopsy and toxicology report.

Snipped by me.

Nope not true. It has never been stated anywhere that LE did not want them to search Prosser.
"Not stated anywhere" Watch AWP video when finding Keily's car. LE told Doug of AWP he did not have to search Prosser since LE already had. If AWP is called in, they do not consider an area searched and cleared until they clear it. That is what you get when you bring AWP in to search.

In response to a public records request, Moon said information on the case will be reviewed and redacted and expected to be available on Nov. 1.

The California Highway Patrol is investigation the case as a car crash, and the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office is investigating if foul play was a factor in the death and is handling Kiely’s autopsy and toxicology report.

THANK YOU, @SimplyCass! Much appreciated!

yes, that does describe drowning someone, who may be intoxicated and then drowned.
would be interested to know what you are getting at here, I dont imagine its an accident theory.
Actually, @Ixchel13, I am contemplating an MOD of Accident...

An intoxicated girl driving into a lake and drowning may not be as simple as MOD = Accident and COD = Drowning.

According to NIH, if someone drowns because they are incapacitated near water - meaning perhaps at a party next to a lake, or perhaps even on the beach as an after party - it could be considered Homicidal Drowning. That's all.

Homicidal Drowning can be ascribed to a drowning victim incapacitated by intoxication near water.

Homicidal drowningForcibly holding or pulling victim under water; pushing of victim into water; victim incapacitation by inflicted injury or intoxication while in/near water

Excerpted from Table 1

Investigation of Drowning Deaths: A Practical Review

Drowning, which typically involves a watery environment, remains a serious public health concern claiming an estimated 362 000 lives per year worldwide across all socioeconomic classifications and has remained under close observation by the World Health ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

I think on the earlier threads someone was talking about what culprit gave or sold her the booze..
IMOO, MHOO, thats what LE is working on now as I said pages ago.

Just a theory, IMO she accidentally drove into the lake. Tox screens showed substances.
Now, they want to pinpoint where they came from. Someone provided to a minor and its going to take til November for them to get THIS info.

The foul play I dont agree with is, her ODing and friends dumping her in lake inside her car.
or any scenario that has her friends dumping her in the lake just right there that close.

But providing alcohol to a 16 yr old...
Yes, that is a punishable crime and I hope they find them and they get whats coming to them.
No matter who they are.
My theory is and always has been, HOW did she get in the lake, not WHY she might have been too intoxicated. If she drove into the lake, thats an accident! If someone put her there, for any reason, its foul play. For me it really is that simple. and, with that, I need to jump on this lame horse and ride it out of here on that subject, lol.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
"Not stated anywhere" Watch AWP video when finding Keily's car. LE told Doug of AWP he did not have to search Prosser since LE already had. If AWP is called in, they do not consider an area searched and cleared until they clear it. That is what you get when you bring AWP in to search.
Please could you provide a timestamp for me? I really don't want to have to watch the whole video. As it was stated as fact I would really appreciate hearing his exact words.

LE saying they’d already searched the area is not the same as LE telling AWP that they were not allowed to search. Important distinction IMO.

One week ago today, a NewsNation article posted stated that LE told NewsNation...

“We are not providing comments on (Adventures With Purpose) remarks. Our investigation is ongoing. We hope to release the final autopsy and toxicology reports soon — once they are finalized.”

The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week.

So here we are exactly one week later, and today we get this...

The Nevada County Sheriff's Office is not providing any further information — including to dispel possible rumors — while the investigation into the death of Truckee teen Kiely Rodni is still open.

Nevada County Sheriff Shannan Moon has turned down requests for an interview, now a month since Kiely's body was found.

“With this still being an open case, we do not want to jeopardize the integrity of the case," said public information officer Andrew Trygg.

Someone, please tell me this isn't the "update on the case" that we have all waited a week to hear. JMO

So, if MOD is Accident and COD is drowning that would mean Keily drove herself into the water. IMOO I believe Tox report will show alcohol or drugs in her blood therefor it would be Homicidal Drowning, and those responsible for supplying her can be charged
Not to mention she was a new driver, a minor, therefore cannot drive after dark.
Seems as if a number of people in that community will have to be held accountable.
IMOO the community of Truckee already know what happened. Maybe why AWP is not treated like hero's rather like interlopers changing the "drunk girl drives into water, just an accident", narrative.

So, if MOD is Accident and COD is drowning that would mean Keily drove herself into the water. IMOO I believe Tox report will show alcohol or drugs in her blood therefor it would be Homicidal Drowning, and those responsible for supplying her can be charged
Not to mention she was a new driver, a minor, therefore cannot drive after dark.
Seems as if a number of people in that community will have to be held accountable.
IMOO the community of Truckee already know what happened. Maybe why AWP is not treated like hero's rather like interlopers changing the "drunk girl drives into water, just an accident", narrative.

Totally agree. Will be interesting what the investigation uncovers, if the results are even shared with the public. I guess if arrests are made, that will be public record, but otherwise we may never know. So sad for any young person to lose their life like that, wish something could be learned from it.

JMO but because these parties seem to be very much a part of Truckee culture, I doubt anyone will be held accountable if drugs/alcohol are found in her system.

Good call about local thoughts on AWP.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads