Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have educational films about how to survive a car submerging in water? And, if so, how do they roll them out so that people watch them?
My point was:

AWP does their job searching and retrieving cars from bodies of water.

As we can see now, some ppl count every cent they get/ earn
(ppl who never donated to AWP's cases, mind you!).

So...

How can now ppl demand that AWP does educational staged films?
I mean - who is going to pay for it?

Usually, it is LE/Government Agencies' task to educate the public about safety: on roads, in water, etc.

MOO

Last edited:
I’m currently trying to figure this case out. I’ve been back and forth to Prosser this week in the worst smoke conditions. I’m still trying to pinpoint what the exact location is of this party because every day someone says something different and I’ve driven these roads many times.
Welcome! Thank you for your initiative and sincere efforts. Please take good care of yourself.

I think they’re stalling to let some hype die down too. why else would they say they’re waiting til November to release anymore info on the case
8 weeks seems pretty right to me. Toxicology can take that long just on its own. Add in various experts from the MAIT completing their investigations and the CHP compiling a comprehensive final report. And likely dozens of police reports. All of that has to be reviewed and redacted and released according to various release of information laws. 8 weeks is not excessive, IMO.

From FOX NEWS dated today, Sep 14. First time published statement re LE viewing road assistance surveillance footage:
EDIT TO ADD: FOX NEWS JOURNALIST HAS ALTERED THE SENTENCE ABOUT THE SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE.

IMO it's frustrating, even a bit maddening how the frenzy to obtain clicks has marred the quality of reporting even in msm. It makes me wonder if anyone in the news business even cares about the truth.

For example, in the linked article the reporter writes:

The circumstances of Rodni’s disappearance were so puzzling investigators began probing the case as a possible abduction.

If you follow the link they provided as a source to their statement, the only reference to abduction was this:

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office has said they were investigating a possible abduction because the girl’s SUV was also unaccounted for. Rodni graduated from high school two years early, and it is unlike her to run away or fail to come home, according to her mother, Lindsey Rodni-Nieman.

A spokesperson told Fox News Digital on Tuesday that investigators were still "exploring all possibilities" and confirmed that teens were using alcohol and drugs at the party.

How exactly is that "so puzzling?" Seems straightforward to me. Over and over LE said they were investigating a possible abduction because Kiely's car was also missing yet the media kept insisting foul play had happened.

Another minor point. In an interview (linked in the previous thread) with diver Nick and the NYC medical examiner (retired) Nick asked about the position he found Kiely in. The ME explained that because of advanced decomp and warm water the position of Kiely's body was as she expected. She said even if Kiely had been in the driver's seat decomposition would have caused her body to bloat and float up to the surface if it hadn't been inside the car. IOW not suspicious in and by itself. Nick seemed to understand her explanation.

Whether foul play or accident I agree the incident should be carefully investigated. And that's exactly what is happening; tox reports and the autopsy report are in the works, CHP's MAIT team and maybe even the FBI are investigating as they should. But IMO it's irresponsible for msm reporters to skew circumstances just to bolster their claims.

It's one thing for us to sleuth and present our theories as amateurs but quite another for msm reporters to throw out questionable "facts" and hope they stick in order to garner readership. MOO.

Link to the video

I’m also not so sure there would really be any “air bubble” considering two windows were open and how rapidly it was sinking.
RS&BBM
I see what your saying, and it might not be that an actual "bubble" was there, but just a space without water. Something like what you'd see in this News14 clip.
RS&BBM
At the risk of posting without a reference, I recall vividly 'an expert' in a recent video interview (I think it may have been one of the three former NYPD persons in the Duty Don video posted up thread) say that with the two open windows there would be no "air pocket". And I've heard Doug from AWP state that given the open windows, KR's car would sink in 30 sec.

And the video you posted, @Sparx, like others we've seen on these threads, are terrifying, especially if a pitch black night.

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but was the deceased found on the floor or ceiling of hatch/cargo area?
From what I interpreted of Nick's (the AWP diver who found KR's car) statements in the Duty Don video with the two former NYPD Detective hosts, KR's torso was up against the floor of the hatch / cargo area, which would have been the highest point in the car while upside down. Her legs appeared to be dangling down and so that is all he saw through a side back window. He first saw shoes on the other side of the hatch, IIRC. But we don't know if saw feet or if the legs were clothed.

And as an OP today pointed out, the former NYPD Medical Examiner Chief of Staff (not a physician mind you) said in that same interview that from Nick's description it sounded consistent with bloating from decomposition; that after two weeks the torso would drift up to the "top" - which in this case is the bottom of the car. That is if she was there for two weeks...

All that said, I still wonder how KR got in the hatch given the limited time she likely had and what it might take to get a body, live or dead, from the front seats. Perhaps she was originally in the back seat? Just pure speculation on my part.

So many mysteries when you consider we have NO NEW facts from LE or MSM post KR's remains being confirmed (8/23).

Good article, @Dotta. Probably the most comprehensive and accurate MSM summary I've seen. I grabbed the graphic from the article depicting KR's Honda CR-V and its condition, based on AWP reporting (only), and flipped it over.

1663186678892.png
ET: remove an edit I'd made... so now back to its original content. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From what I interpreted of Nick's (the AWP diver who found KR's car) statements in the Duty Don video with the two former NYPD Detective hosts, KR's torso was up against the floor of the hatch / cargo area, which would have been the highest point in the car while upside down. Her legs appeared to be dangling down and so that is all he saw through a side back window. He first saw shoes on the other side of the hatch, IIRC. But we don't know if saw feet or if the legs were clothed.

And as an OP today pointed out, the former NYPD Medical Examiner Chief of Staff (not a physician mind you) said in that same interview that from Nick's description it sounded consistent with bloating from decomposition; that after two weeks the torso would drift up to the "top" - which in this case is the bottom of the car. That is if she was there for two weeks...

All that said, I still wonder how KR got in the hatch given the limited time she likely had and what it might take to get a body, live or dead, from the front seats. Perhaps she was originally in the back seat? Just pure speculation on my part.

So many mysteries when you consider we have NO NEW facts from LE or MSM post KR's remains being confirmed (8/23).
Mysteries are right! Sigh, we're lacking so much information. First off we don't even know how the car ended up upside down. Did it turtle back over front? Did it roll over sideways?

Heck, we don't even know for sure the exact spot where the car entered the water and how long it drifted before sinking. 30 seconds in still water? 30 seconds in a current? What route did she actually take?

On top of that we don't know if Kiely was conscious or not during the accident. Was she drunk/high and nodded off as she drove? We don't know if she was awake and fought to exit the car or if she was blacked out and died in the driver's seat. Maybe the best we can say is that it appears she wasn't buckled in. Why?

Oh and the latest Daily Mail article linked upthread shows a graphic indicating that Kiely's car went into Alder Creek, which feeds into Prosser Reservoir. I believe that's incorrect, right?

Oh, you are so right, @MsMarple. Here I was thinking today's DM article was mostly accurate... I'll have to edit my last post. But before I do that I want to help confirm your suspicion that today's DM article as the wrong location of KR's car!!

Here is an 8/22/22 DM article of all things and the image they have of the location of KR's car, which is accurate.

View attachment 366268
Ugh!!!! This is frustrating to say the least…I knew she was found in Prosser yet all the other images had her in Alder Creek…right? (I hadn’t noticed the names in previous images and I’m bad with maps so…)

Oh, you are so right, @MsMarple. Here I was thinking today's DM article was mostly accurate... I'll have to edit my last post. But before I do that I want to help confirm your suspicion that today's DM article has the wrong location of KR's car!!

Here is an 8/22/22 DM article of all things and the image they have of the location of KR's car, which is accurate.

View attachment 366268
No, this map is definitely incorrect. The one in the DM article is the correct one. Not linking again, as it's been linked at least twice now.

...which is why more active, hands-on parenting may be needed, rather than hands-off parenting. JMO
I guess that all depends on the parents and their parenting style.

I thought I'd attach a recent post of mine about a MSM article where the residents are enabling drug and alcohol use in Truckee. Two snippets from my post and the article. The link to the full post (and article link) is below.

her suppliers included friends’ parents. “I could find it anywhere; I could get it anywhere.”

and

And it’s not only parents who are enablers, said Corine Harvey, executive director of student services for Tahoe Truckee Unified School District — it’s residents who host parties and purchase alcohol for minors, allowing youth to drink.

Originally, I considered this to be an accident. I still lean in that direction but, with more investigation, I am more open to the possibility of foul play.

I am concerned how LE, from what is known, has handled the recovery (both the process and the intensity).

I am aware that with the hype increasing, we have to be careful of those seeking to hijack this event for their own gain.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

I guess that all depends on the parents and their parenting style.

I thought I'd attach a recent post of mine about a MSM article where the residents are enabling drug and alcohol use in Truckee. Two snippets from my post and the article. The link to the full post (and article link) is below.

her suppliers included friends’ parents. “I could find it anywhere; I could get it anywhere.”

and

And it’s not only parents who are enablers, said Corine Harvey, executive director of student services for Tahoe Truckee Unified School District — it’s residents who host parties and purchase alcohol for minors, allowing youth to drink.

I saw that, and it makes my blood boil. Far too many people now want to be their kid's BFF, and not their parent, and then, when they finally have to be the parent, they don't understand why their kid doesn't respect them. I will only say that there is far more to being a 'parent' than providing the sperm and egg. Any teen who can buy drugs from their friends' parents needs new friends, and their friends need real parents. JMO

...which is why more active, hands-on parenting may be needed, rather than hands-off parenting. JMO
It really does depend on the parenting style. I'll give you an example of someone I know very well since childhood. Hands on parenting that cared for the child a great deal. No abuse, taught values and responsibility, etc. However, and this is a big however.... at age 15 they would smoke pot and do coke WITH THEIR CHILD. It was "the kid's" (as they called her) job to clean the weed and roll the joints, and chop and make lines with the coke. This went on for 4 yrs until she got out on her own. I have to add that she got very lucky and put all that behind her and is doing quite well today from all the other lessons she learned from her parents. You know, the good ones. lol The shared drug use was not good and shouldn't have been done IMO.

Sounds like some of that sort of thing was going on as per the article I posted from the Truckee Chief of Police so not sure it's simply a matter of hands-on vs. hands-off parenting. Here is the article again:

Last edited:
No, this map is definitely incorrect. The one in the DM article is the correct one. Not linking again, as it's been linked at least twice now.
Thank you, @ameliak. It had been a while since I had looked at the maps and I was mistaken in my recent post. So as you say, today's DM article has the correct location of where KR's car was found... technically on Alder Creek, I guess.

For the good of the order, I am posting the map from today's DM article with the CORRECT location for KR's car.

1663188762826.png

Thank you for that clip! Wow, that car really sank quickly, without windows open…definitely helped put things into perspective for me.
Yeah, that's pretty standard for sinking cars from what the experts say. The process happens quickly. This one completely sank in 3 1/2 minutes, and I think it is like a minute and a half for one with windows down. You really have to act quickly to make it out at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli