Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting other water searching crews around the country.

Wow, that’s a great perspective.
Looking at the photo, I don’t understand the controversy. Seems like plenty of room to move or be floated to the hatch/cargo area.
BBM.
only comment i have on this, if a vehicle is upside down; how would a body "float" under the seats to get to the rear.
IF that is the way Kiely got back there as we just do not know.

MOO, speculation

BBM.
only comment i have on this, if a vehicle is upside down; how would a body "float" under the seats to get to the rear.
IF that is the way Kiely got back there as we just do not know.

MOO, speculation

It wouldn't float under the seats. Bodies sink immediately after drowning. It would have sunk to the roof of the car, where there are no obstacles like seats. Then, as the body bloated and started to float, it could have floated along the roof, because a body does not instantly fill with enough gas to shoot straight up. It could have started to float around the inside of the car, moving around (it's not like it had to move very much in that enclosed small space) until it passed over the top of the seats and into the hatch area. Then it floated higher and higher, eventually becoming trapped, with no way of moving out of the hatch again because of the seats.

TRUCKEE, Calif. (NewsNation) — A volunteer group who found the body of a missing teenager in a California reservoir suspects foul play may have played a role in her death.

One of the divers of the group Adventures With Purpose said Kiely Rodni’s body was found in the back of a vehicle that was submerged in the Prosser Reservoir in Truckee, California.

“She’s not in the driver’s seat,” said the diver in a recently released YouTube video. “It looks suspicious to me.”
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, however, told NewsNation their investigation will continue.

“We are not providing comments on (Adventures With Purpose) remarks. Our investigation is ongoing. We hope to release the final autopsy and toxicology reports soon — once they are finalized.”
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week. They also hope someone who saw something at that graduation party can help lead to answers.

<modsnip - quoted post and comment referencing it were removed>

wouldn't float under the seats. Bodies sink immediately after drowning. It would have sunk to the roof of the car, where there are no obstacles like seats. Then, as the body bloated and started to float, it could have floated along the roof, because a body does not instantly fill with enough gas to shoot straight up. It could have started to float around the inside of the car, moving around (it's not like it had to move very much in that enclosed small space) until it passed over the top of the seats and into the hatch area. Then it floated higher and higher, eventually becoming trapped, with no way of moving out of the hatch again because of the seats.

Your theory is very plausible. However, since the car was upside down, she could have been "secured", and therefor appearing to be "floating at the top/roof", where in fact it would have been the cargo area since the car was wheels up.
If she appeared "floating" b/c she was strapped down, of course that would indicate a whole different approach to the investigation. To be clear, I have NOT heard anything official that indicates the body was secured in any fashion. This is just amateur pondering, opinion, and speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Along the toxicology line and time frame.
I didn’t follow the unfortunate case of young Brendan Santo but imagine some of you did.
Brian wasn’t discovered in the river until 3 months after he went missing. He had been carried down and trapped in a log jam. Even without a complex investigation it took 6 weeks for the final report. However, both blood alcohol and urine analysis yielded results. I suppose water and ambient temperatures were much lower.
Neither LE or the PI initially released his name when he was recovered as they did not know if the family wanted that made public.
This also shows an exemplary collaboration between family, LE and PI whose underwater cameras located Brian’s body.

<modsnip>
Your theory is very plausible. However, since the car was upside down, she could have been "secured", and therefor appearing to be "floating at the top/roof", where in fact it would have been the cargo area since the car was wheels up.
If she appeared "floating" b/c she was strapped down, of course that would indicate a whole different approach to the investigation. To be clear, I have NOT heard anything official that indicates the body was secured in any fashion. This is just amateur pondering, opinion, and speculation.
It was probably a typo. Not an effort to discredit.
To be fair and transparent, AWP was registered as a non profit in Oregon in February. The film production and marketing entity is separate and for profit.

<modsnip - part of the post quoted was removed>

SBM for focus. I think the confusion stems from the fact that the name "Adventure With A Purpose" (Non-plural with an "A", and is a Religious group) is close to the dive teams name "Adventures With Purpose" (plural and no "A"). Understandable. The former religious group out of Colorado Springs, CO is a 501c3, our AWP from Bend, OR is NOT.

Adventure With A Purpose​

Religion Related, Spiritual Development N.E.C. | EIN: 01-0934525 | Colorado Spgs CO​

This is the background, history questions and answers page for AWP.

The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week. They also hope someone who saw something at that graduation party can help lead to answers.
rsbm
Good to see that LE is still looking for answers. I do wonder what kind of update could come next week.

Did anyone else watch the accompanying video? Sloane Glass says “she was found in the passenger seat” right before it cuts to Diver Nick saying “she’s in the back.” Just interesting to wonder where that came from (someone’s error, I’m sure; do they still use teleprompters or the like?) but kind of illustrative of how easy it is for one tiny piece of incorrect information to get out there.

TRUCKEE, Calif. (NewsNation) — A volunteer group who found the body of a missing teenager in a California reservoir suspects foul play may have played a role in her death.

One of the divers of the group Adventures With Purpose said Kiely Rodni’s body was found in the back of a vehicle that was submerged in the Prosser Reservoir in Truckee, California.

“She’s not in the driver’s seat,” said the diver in a recently released YouTube video. “It looks suspicious to me.”
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, however, told NewsNation their investigation will continue.

“We are not providing comments on (Adventures With Purpose) remarks. Our investigation is ongoing. We hope to release the final autopsy and toxicology reports soon — once they are finalized.”
It's good to see Nevada County Sheriff's Office remain professional and take the high road and not get embroiled in YouTube tomfoolery. They also appear to continue to be laser focused on the graduation party, not on Boca or anywhere else. Make of that what you will. IMO

RSBM
Very intriguing, indeed.

And at the very end of the embedded video clip Doug from AWP says something to the effect 'someone at that party knows something'... I don't recall him saying that before.

I'm starting to wonder again if LE and AWP are working together somehow, more closely than we think.

It's good to see Nevada County Sheriff's Office remain professional and take the high road and not get embroiled in YouTube tomfoolery. They also appear to continue to be laser focused on the graduation party, not on Boca or anywhere else. Make of that what you will. IMO
Well, in all fairness to what we the public know and don't know, what did or didn't happen at Boca might or might not have originated at the Prosser party, right?

Well, that certainly confuses things and also sends mixed messages to the public. Hmmmm.
I don't know what there is to be confused about...? Adventures With Purpose is the name of a YouTube entertainment series/show. It's not a company. The company that produces the show is Trevari Media. Kind of like how Game of Thrones is not a company. It's a show produced by the company HBO.

The Adventures With Purpose show morphed from cleaning up the environment and finding lost objects under water to finding vehicles under water to finding bodies in vehicles under water, but it's still a TV show produced by a private media company. jmo

ETA: AWP are not investigators or accident reconstructionists or anything like that. Of course, as private citizens they are free to express their opinions and theories just like the rest of us. But their comments should probably be viewed as such - opinions and speculation. IMO

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder again if LE and AWP are working together somehow, more closely than we think.

IMO it would be magnificent if AWP took their unique skill set, and knowledge of advanced sonar techniques, and used that to partner up with LE to locate missing people underwater.

However, I just can't see LE allowing anyone outside of LE to speak for them regarding their suspicions about a case. If LE has not used their own voice to say these things, I can't imagine AWP is speaking under the auspices and with the permission of LE.

Jmo

I don't know what there is to be confused about...? Adventures With Purpose is the name of a YouTube entertainment series/show. It's not a company.

I personally am not confused myself, but I do feel that having 2 separate entities confuses things for their public and image.

But how many of the American public know this?

AWP aren't primarily thought of as a YouTube show.

People think of them as not-for-profit dont-take-a-reward good guys who find people in rivers/lakes in cold cases.

Of course a company can be multi-faceted, but these two faces seem to be at odds with each other.

I just hope their YT show and media side doesn't run away with itself and they start to lose integrity.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member