Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2013 CR-V isn’t a station wagon. It’s based off the Honda Civic, a car-based crossover SUV. That cargo area is tiny. Sure, with the seats down it’s more roomy, but from what I can tell from AWP’s video, the back seats weren’t down. Sorry to be graphic, but to me, it looked as though she was scrunched up in the cargo area almost in a fetal position:( Just my opinion and observation from the footage underwater. I just don’t buy the trying to get to the remaining air when it’s pitch black and you can’t see if there was air anyway. With the windows down, the car could have been submerged in 30 secs. If she was trashed, her reaction times would be even slower.

I personally am not confused myself, but I do feel that having 2 separate entities confuses things for their public and image.

But how many of the American public know this?

AWP aren't primarily thought of as a YouTube show.

People think of them as not-for-profit dont-take-a-reward good guys who find people in rivers/lakes in cold cases.

Of course a company can be multi-faceted, but these two faces seem to be at odds with each other.

I just hope their YT show and media side doesn't run away with itself and they start to lose integrity.

MOO.
I don't think their work and the funding of their work has to be at odds.

The real issue is to keep fame from eroding their integrity.

I don't see that happening at the moment but I do see the possible temptation.

I like what they are doing, however, I can see their current position in the spotlight as troublesome for some.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

People think of them as not-for-profit dont-take-a-reward good guys who find people in rivers/lakes in cold cases.
I never watched their show until this case. I had heard of them and other dive groups doing similar work but I never dug into all those goings on. But it only took me 2 minutes to find out they are not a 501(c)(3). Which is fine. They don't legally have to be. I appreciate their work and their skill and what they bring to the table. But I don't donate money to private for-profit businesses. Other people can choose to donate if they see fit, but I agree there should be more clarity and transparency here. jmo

I don't know what there is to be confused about...? Adventures With Purpose is the name of a YouTube entertainment series/show. It's not a company. The company that produces the show is Trevari Media. Kind of like how Game of Thrones is not a company. It's a show produced by the company HBO.
I hate to be nit-picky, but this isn’t technically correct. A lot of TV & film projects are run like a small company under a LLC. A reason to form an LLC for each movie project is to prevent commingling investors.

This also allows each film to take on individual risk instead of affecting other projects. If you look, Game of Thrones LLC is registered.

It's good to see Nevada County Sheriff's Office remain professional and take the high road and not get embroiled in YouTube tomfoolery. They also appear to continue to be laser focused on the graduation party, not on Boca or anywhere else. Make of that what you will. IMO
So @CharlestonGal, here is a single LE Verified Fact from the list I tracked for a while. The last post is linked below.

10) KR may have gone somewhere after the Prosser Camp party (but SO says no one has come forward to say they saw KR leave or where KR may have been heading)

To me, this is possibly quite telling. I presume Nick the RA Guy or AWP reported Nick's story before AWP started searching lakes in Placer and Nevada Counties, so maybe by 8/19 or early 8/20. Certainly before KR was found 8/21, I would hope!

In other words, it is possible LE knew about Nick's story before they made the statement above via presser or SO FB pages. I hadn't connected those dots before.

All IMO.

ET: clarify 3rd paragraph

Post in thread 'CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7' Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Last edited:
I hate to be nit-picky, but this isn’t technically correct. A lot of TV & film projects are run like a small company under a LLC. A reason to form an LLC for each movie project is to prevent commingling investors.

This also allows each film to take on individual risk instead of affecting other projects. If you look, Game of Thrones LLC is registered.
Technically true, but AWP is registered as an ABN, registered under Trevari Media.

This also allows each film to take on individual risk instead of affecting other projects. If you look, Game of Thrones LLC is I
It was probably a typo. Not an effort to discredit.
To be fair and transparent, AWP was registered as a non profit in Oregon in February. The film production and marketing entity is separate and for profit.
I need to correct that post. I can not verify the non profit registration in February.

It wouldn't float under the seats. Bodies sink immediately after drowning. It would have sunk to the roof of the car, where there are no obstacles like seats. Then, as the body bloated and started to float, it could have floated along the roof, because a body does not instantly fill with enough gas to shoot straight up. It could have started to float around the inside of the car, moving around (it's not like it had to move very much in that enclosed small space) until it passed over the top of the seats and into the hatch area. Then it floated higher and higher, eventually becoming trapped, with no way of moving out of the hatch again because of the seats.
Since we know the CR-V was upside down; it stands to reason (for me anyway) that the nose (front) was lower than the rear cargo area given the damage to the front end and the leading edge of the roof.
Could or would a body "float" past 2 rows of seats (obstacles) to get to the cargo area? Would a body not have to sink, then move/float then potentially even move/float/sink again to reach the highest point?
The obstacles that would be in the way after death make me think it would be difficult or nearly unlikely to occur. (Not saying it can't or wouldn't as I do not know myself)

IF Kiely was still alive when the CR-V hit bottom, why would she pass 2 open windows at that point ?

RSBM
Very intriguing, indeed.

And at the very end of the embedded video clip Doug from AWP says something to the effect 'someone at that party knows something'... I don't recall him saying that before.

I'm starting to wonder again if LE and AWP are working together somehow, more closely than we think.
We may not ever know just how much AWP is working with LE on this case.
IF someone at that party did NOT see something that may or may not help; I would be surprised especially if there were actually nearly 300 people at the party.

MOO

So @CharlestonGal, here is a single LE Verified Fact from the list I tracked for a while. The last post is linked below.

10) KR may have gone somewhere after the Prosser Camp party (but SO says no one has come forward to say they saw KR leave or where KR may have been heading)

To me, this is possibly quite telling. I presume Nick the RA Guy or AWP reported Nick's story before AWP started searching lakes in Placer and Nevada Counties, so maybe by 8/19 or early 8/20. Certainly before KR was found 8/21, I would hope!

In other words, it is possible LE knew about Nick's story before they made the statement above via presser or SO FB pages. I hadn't connected those dots before.

All IMO.

Post in thread 'CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7' Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7
Nick RA guy said in the original video that he spoke with LE after it dawned on him a week later that he had an encounter with a similar couple out at Boca.
And about Doug saying someone at the party knows something… well, yes. Everyone’s said that from the beginning. Over and over again.

All IMO.

Good point, and makes you wonder. I was also surprised by the following:

“They also hope someone who saw something at that graduation party can help lead to answers”

So it sounds like people who were at the party are still not talking. I don’t know why that surprises me, but still very sad.

TRUCKEE, CALIFORNIA:Adventures With Purpose (AWP) diver Doug Bishop said that it was peculiar how Rodni's vehicle ended up where it did as she would have to make a sharp left turn onto a dirt path about a quarter mile from the main road.

Bishop also pointed out they found her remains in the cargo hatch of the vehicle even though the passenger side window was open and rear driver's side window was halfway down. "It doesn't add up," Bishop told Fox News Digital. "It reeks of foul play," Bishop said, adding that it did not make any sense for the 16-year-old to crawl over the seats and into the hatch as it would have sunk quickly once her vehicle entered the water and especially when two of the windows were open.

"You're not going to crawl into the back and climb under a seat," he said. The Nevada Sheriff's Office had said that they would not provide any updates until November. Bishop told Fox News that he believed the delay supported his theory that Rodni's death was not an accident but foul play

Ninety percent of vehicles found with people in it, they're normally found in the back," Tammy Watters of Sonar Search and Recovery said pushing back against Bishop's theory. "If it's an SUV, they're in the hatch." She explained that the engine was the heaviest part of the car, which would mean that the front end would nosedives first. "As the vehicle is sinking, they're climbing to the back to try to stay up out of the water. They're chasing the air," Watters said.

Since we know the CR-V was upside down; it stands to reason (for me anyway) that the nose (front) was lower than the rear cargo area given the damage to the front end and the leading edge of the roof.
Could or would a body "float" past 2 rows of seats (obstacles) to get to the cargo area? Would a body not have to sink, then move/float then potentially even move/float/sink again to reach the highest point?
The obstacles that would be in the way after death make me think it would be difficult or nearly unlikely to occur. (Not saying it can't or wouldn't as I do not know myself)

IF Kiely was still alive when the CR-V hit bottom, why would she pass 2 open windows at that point ?

There are no obstacles on the roof. With the roof angled (the hatch being the highest point), a body that was slowly filling with gas and becoming buoyant could theoretically "slide" along the roof toward the highest point. There would not need to be repeated sinking/floating needed to clear the seats.

One explanation I can think of is that she didn't purposely pass up the open windows, but instead couldn't fight the pressure of the water rushing in. You need the right mindset to dive face-first into rushing water, when panic is screaming at you to get away from it. Not just that, but to dive DOWN. In pitch-black darkness. Without SEEING the window, only feeling the water rushing in, would she even register that it was a way out? I personally don't think there's any point speculating why she didn't do this or do that. In my opinion it was a death trap and she had no chance to even try any of the things we are coming up with as possible ways to escape.

Another possibility is that the passenger window was actually closed, until the car hit the bottom and rolled over, breaking it. Which would mean the rear window was the only available exit. If the doors and windows would not open due to pressure, and she could see the rear window, that's a compelling reason to climb into the backseat. Lots of assumptions there, like could she even see it or did the car nosedive so fast that there was no light available to see anything at all.

All MOO, of course.

TRUCKEE, CALIFORNIA:Adventures With Purpose (AWP) diver Doug Bishop said that it was peculiar how Rodni's vehicle ended up where it did as she would have to make a sharp left turn onto a dirt path about a quarter mile from the main road.

Bishop also pointed out they found her remains in the cargo hatch of the vehicle even though the passenger side window was open and rear driver's side window was halfway down. "It doesn't add up," Bishop told Fox News Digital. "It reeks of foul play," Bishop said, adding that it did not make any sense for the 16-year-old to crawl over the seats and into the hatch as it would have sunk quickly once her vehicle entered the water and especially when two of the windows were open.

"You're not going to crawl into the back and climb under a seat," he said. The Nevada Sheriff's Office had said that they would not provide any updates until November. Bishop told Fox News that he believed the delay supported his theory that Rodni's death was not an accident but foul play

Ninety percent of vehicles found with people in it, they're normally found in the back," Tammy Watters of Sonar Search and Recovery said pushing back against Bishop's theory. "If it's an SUV, they're in the hatch." She explained that the engine was the heaviest part of the car, which would mean that the front end would nosedives first. "As the vehicle is sinking, they're climbing to the back to try to stay up out of the water. They're chasing the air," Watters said.
That was my thought originally also if she was alive why not go out from those openings, but when I suggested this posters didn't discuss this aspect. Some sleuthers suggested that she was passed out already in that post/s. I do agree on that point that if she was passed out then obviously she wouldn't know. But then the question arises how would she drive into the lake if she was passed out already? So I tend to agree with Doug.

Last edited:
It wouldn't float under the seats. Bodies sink immediately after drowning. It would have sunk to the roof of the car, where there are no obstacles like seats. Then, as the body bloated and started to float, it could have floated along the roof, because a body does not instantly fill with enough gas to shoot straight up. It could have started to float around the inside of the car, moving around (it's not like it had to move very much in that enclosed small space) until it passed over the top of the seats and into the hatch area. Then it floated higher and higher, eventually becoming trapped, with no way of moving out of the hatch again because of the seats.
There is not enough of space between the roof and the top of the seats for the body to float from front to the back. Remember that the limbs do not remain in a right position, when body starts to float they hang down. Also, the buoyancy does not increase evenly in whole body, the abdomen gets buoyant the fastest, due to the intestinal bacteria activity. That means the body floats in a weird position with the butt/pelvis going up and the least buoyant parts, that is limbs and head, hanging down. There is no way a dead body could float on itself to the cargo area without being caught by the seats/headrests.

Sleuthers also suggested during my original post that she passed out in the water. If that was the case then it would take a few minutes for the car to sink down so she had time to escape through those openings. It was also suggested that she was too drunk to help herself, then how did she put her car in gear and drive? I'm sorry but it can't be all three IMO. If she was so drunk then she would not be able to drive either nor put her car into gear as had been suggested that she could remember the gear, the correct pedal but she was so out of it that she couldn't escape. It has to be one or the other IMO. MOO.

Last edited:
Another possibility is that the passenger window was actually closed, until the car hit the bottom and rolled over, breaking it. Which would mean the rear window was the only available exit. If the doors and windows would not open due to pressure, and she could see the rear window, that's a compelling reason to climb into the backseat. Lots of assumptions there, like could she even see it or did the car nosedive so fast that there was no light available to see anything at all.

All MOO, of course.
RSBM
BBM

The rear window would not open from the inside without the aid of some kind of tool though. Unfortunately for Kiely IF that is what she thought to try.
We'll never know anyway.

MOO

I’d heard that there could be an official announcement as early as next week, and didn’t understand how that aligns with the November 1 date, but this article published on September 8 does seem to support that:

And while a public memorial for the teen is being held on Saturday in Truckee, police say there is no news on the investigation, which is expected to take at least two more weeks.

Andrew Trygg, public information officer for the Nevada County Sheriff's Office, said there is nothing additional to share at this point.

"We are awaiting the final autopsy reports that will also include the toxicology report," he said. "Once that information is certified, it will be shared."

If this has been discussed, my apologies.

I am trying to better understand the timing of the car sinking in this situation.

First, to get the initial scenario correct, I believe I heard that the car was found in fourteen feet of water. Does anyone know how deep the water was in that location two weeks prior?

Next, with a rear window halfway open (not assuming the passenger window open initially), which comes first, full submersion or the car beginning to flip?

Then, in the scenario above, how long until the car interior is full of water?

As you can see, I am trying to better understand the situation KR was dealing with in a blackout situation.

This is to better understand the likelihood of her body being found where it was if she was the driver.

I imagine she had little time to comprehend the situation and to think of a logical escape. As has been repeatedly said, if conscious, she was chasing air. It would likely be instinctual. Was she chasing air in a vehicle right side up, bottom side up, or somewhere in between? If the car was beginning to rotate, her mind does not have time to reposition everything in the car.

It is difficult for me to imagine her struggle. In some ways, I hope she was unconscious.

In the end, I want justice for her if there was foul play.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Last edited:
It's good to see Nevada County Sheriff's Office remain professional and take the high road and not get embroiled in YouTube tomfoolery. They also appear to continue to be laser focused on the graduation party, not on Boca or anywhere else. Make of that what you will. IMO
To a point. They should perhaps close comments down on their FB page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow