Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And for what it's worth. I think some of the confusion (at least on my part!) is the differing water levels between maps. We know from LE, for instance, that the Prosser Lake was 3.5-4 feet higher on 8/6 than on 8/21, when KR was found.

Here are two maps of the same location - the one on the left was an arial shot on 8/21, to which I added a red star; on the right is the map DM used in their 9/14 article, for my comparison. You can see the vast difference in water levels, with the 8/21 map much higher.

1663189986222.png
ET: clarify 2nd to last sentence.

Last edited:
Thank you, @ameliak. It had been a while since I had looked at the maps and I was mistaken in my recent post. So as you say, today's DM article has the correct location of where KR's car was found... technically on Alder Creek, I guess.

For the good of the order, I am posting the map from today's DM article with the CORRECT location for KR's car.

View attachment 366280
So Kiely's car was found in Alder Creek not Prosser Reservoir? I thought a local said the water there was shallow? Maybe I'm misremembering. Do we have any other sources for the location? I'm having trouble finding any.

ETA to add: The reason I think the location is important is because it yields clues as to where Kiely might have entered the water.

Different maps posted by the Daily Mail regarding the car's location:
August 22:

August 22:

Today:

Last edited:
Great map and research, @RedHaus. Thank you!
As of now, according to the very precise Bureau of Land’s gauges, Prosser Reservoir has lowered approximately 8 feet since 8/21. That would bring the depth at vehicle location spot down to about 6 feet, from the reported 14-15 feet at discovery.
Basically a tall person could walk out and around to where the vehicle was discovered.

And for what it's worth. I think some of the confusion (at least on my part!) is the differing water levels between maps. We know from LE, for instance, that the Prosser Lake was 3.5-4 feet higher on 8/6 than on 8/21, when KR was found.

Here are two maps of the same location - the one on the left was an arial shot on 8/21, to which I added a red star; on the right is the map DM used in their 9/14 article, for my comparison. You can see the vast difference in water levels, with the 8/21 map much higher.

View attachment 366281
ET: clarify 2nd to last sentence

I saw that, and it makes my blood boil. Far too many people now want to be their kid's BFF, and not their parent, and then, when they finally have to be the parent, they don't understand why their kid doesn't respect them. I will only say that there is far more to being a 'parent' than providing the sperm and egg. Any teen who can buy drugs from their friends' parents needs new friends, and their friends need real parents. JMO
Fully agree.

Alder Creek is just an area identifier. It’s a little meadow stream and road, trail. Undoubtedly runs off into the reservoir during snow melt, mostly.
Here’s a map and description of road and dam area.
Thanks to you and @RedHaus - I think I finally get it now. I did find another map from KRNV which also helped, with the caption:

Map shows the site of Sunday's police activity, proximity to the Prosser Family Campground where the party she is said to have attended the night she disappeared, and the location of our news crew on site (represented by a green dot). (KRNV)
1663193409343.png
Here's the Google map:

Last edited:
Just a FYI the 2016 Honda CR-V (fifth generation) is a different than a 2013 (fourth generation).

But, the headrests are very similar! We had a 2007 CR-V, a 2016 HR-V, and now a 2022 HR-V, the rear headrests are as described in the 2016.

And, the rear headrests can be completely removed. Were the rear headrests still in Kiely's CR-V?

Easier to fold the rear seats down with the headrests out.

jmpersonalexperience ymmv lrr

What disturbs me is that they often say, “I can’t answer that, due to the ongoing investigation” but then come out with that type of remark above. Remaining silent would be better all around.
It was a risk to allow that statement survive the edit room. Did they calculate that the risk was worth the reward for their brand, for justice to be had, or both?

Is their exposure increasing with the increasing exposure of this case? Yes. So does every brand that covers this case, including several social media accounts we follow.

They do provide evidence for their statement of possible foul play.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
For me, it boils down to this.
Did AWP turn over all the video? Make complete statements to LE of what was seen underwater?
Forward to LE any information that might have been provided to them?
<modsnip>

Surely there are many missing persons families they could be assisting, if I’m not mistaken.
What happened to the “San Obispo” case Doug said they were going to after Jolissa Fuentes in Selma? Did he mean San Luis Obispo? Which missing person would that be?
Is there no clamor for a water search anywhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Go home with your dignity. No-one likes a..***. They are (by all accounts) the best at what they do. They should stop courting SM, YT, and MSM, it is not doing them any favours. IMO. If they carry on the way they are going, families in similar situations (missing relatives specifically in vehicles, Water) maybe reluctant to employ them in the future, sadly.

MOO
ETA : Missing link
To be clear, I don't think families "employ" them. It is my understanding that they volunteer their work and that they may receive any related reward but are primarily funded through their followers.

As far as refusing to answer certain questions, they have indicated that they work with LE in censuring themselves involving anything that could hurt a possible prosecution.

I appreciate that they do.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

But, the headrests are very similar! We had a 2007 CR-V, a 2016 HR-V, and now a 2022 HR-V, the rear headrests are as described in the 2016.

And, the rear headrests can be completely removed. Were the rear headrests still in Kiely's CR-V?

Easier to fold the rear seats down with the headrests out.

jmpersonalexperience ymmv lrr
Thank you @Laughing for asking about the headrests. I’ve wondered the same thing.
I’ve assumed the seats wern’t down since it wouldn’t create a cargo/hatch space if they were up. Is that right?

To be clear, I don't think families "employ" them. It is my understanding that they volunteer their work and that they may receive any related reward but are primarily funded through their followers.

As far as refusing to answer certain questions, they have indicated that they work with LE in censuring themselves involving anything that could hurt a possible prosecution.

I appreciate that they do.

Just my thoughts.

Otis
I apologise. Maybe not "employ," but to utilise their services to assist if they can.

Indeed. Go home with your dignity. No-one likes a..***. They are (by all accounts) the best at what they do. They should stop courting SM, YT, and MSM, it is not doing them any favours. IMO. If they carry on the way they are going, families in similar situations (missing relatives specifically in vehicles, Water) maybe reluctant to employ them in the future, sadly.

MOO
ETA : Missing link
Not to mention the aversion LE might have in future possible collaborations

Thank you @Laughing for asking about the headrests. I’ve wondered the same thing.
I’ve assumed the seats wern’t down since it wouldn’t create a cargo/hatch space if they were up. Is that right?

The CR-V is like a station wagon (if you're old enough to remember those) with front seats, rear seats, and a hatch/trunk area. Ours have some type of cover over the hatch/trunk area, but these are removable & sometimes older vehicles don't have these any more.

2011 was sadly the last year of the Honda picnic table, I wonder of Kiely used hers for the bar set-up?

The seats can be folded down, which creates a larger cargo/hatch space but limits the number of passengers:

1663197536747.png
carbuzz.com

This is supposed to be the 2011 CR-V.

No idea of the dimensions of the space -- Google produces something like 70 cubic feet, which isn't the number I wanted. So -- length, with, and depth of this space -- IDK.

But, you can put lots of stuff in there, lots!

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
Thanks for the car sinking in water videos!

Beginning to think Kiely may have fallen asleep and car rolled in lake. Didn't wake up until water woke her.

I have one of those car window punches in my car. Got mine due to two cars found in lakes here (NY). One disappeared in the 50s and found in the 80s/90s (2 deceased). Another disappeared in the 2000s and found several years later (1 deceased). Both disappeared during winter.

The CR-V is like a station wagon (if you're old enough to remember those) with front seats, rear seats, and a hatch/trunk area. Our have some type of cover over the hatch/trunk area, but these are removable & sometimes older vehicles don't have these any more.

2011 was sadly the last year of the Honda picnic table, I wonder of Kiely used hers for the bar set-up?

The seats can be folded down, which creates a larger cargo/hatch space but limits the number of passengers:

View attachment 366293
carbuzz.com

This is supposed to be the 2011 CR-V.

No idea of the dimensions of the space -- Google produces something like 70 cubic feet, which isn't the number I wanted. So -- length, with, and depth of this space -- IDK.

But, you can put lots of stuff in there, lots!

jmho ymmv lrr
Wow, that’s a great perspective.
Looking at the photo, I don’t understand the controversy. Seems like plenty of room to move or be floated to the hatch/cargo area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli