Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no obstacles on the roof. With the roof angled (the hatch being the highest point), a body that was slowly filling with gas and becoming buoyant could theoretically "slide" along the roof toward the highest point. There would not need to be repeated sinking/floating needed to clear the seats.

One explanation I can think of is that she didn't purposely pass up the open windows, but instead couldn't fight the pressure of the water rushing in. You need the right mindset to dive face-first into rushing water, when panic is screaming at you to get away from it. Not just that, but to dive DOWN. In pitch-black darkness. Without SEEING the window, only feeling the water rushing in, would she even register that it was a way out? I personally don't think there's any point speculating why she didn't do this or do that. In my opinion it was a death trap and she had no chance to even try any of the things we are coming up with as possible ways to escape.

Another possibility is that the passenger window was actually closed, until the car hit the bottom and rolled over, breaking it. Which would mean the rear window was the only available exit. If the doors and windows would not open due to pressure, and she could see the rear window, that's a compelling reason to climb into the backseat. Lots of assumptions there, like could she even see it or did the car nosedive so fast that there was no light available to see anything at all.

All MOO, of course.

I think if she did try to get to the cargo area it was for air, or a place in the vehicle that wasn't filled with water. I don't think it was to get out of the vehicle, because the cargo door/window wouldn't open easily from the inside, and I doubt most people would know how to uncover the part of the cargo door and then use a tool like a screw driver to maneuver the device to get the cargo door to open from the inside. Someone posted a video of this upthread, a ways back.

Sleuthers also suggested during my original post that she passed out in the water. If that was the case then it would take a few minutes for the car to sink down so she had time to escape through those openings. It was also suggested that she was too drunk to help herself, then how did she put her car in gear and drive? I'm sorry but it can't be all three IMO. If she was so drunk then she would not be able to drive either nor put her car into gear as had been suggested that she could remember the gear, the correct pedal but she was so out of it that she couldn't escape. It has to be one or the other IMO. MOO.
It's incredibly difficult for even a completely sober person to escape a quickly sinking car. I don't think the fact she couldn't escape means she had to be unconscious or blackout drunk.

There is not enough of space between the roof and the top of the seats for the body to float from front to the back. Remember that the limbs do not remain in a right position, when body starts to float they hang down. Also, the buoyancy does not increase evenly in whole body, the abdomen gets buoyant the fastest, due to the intestinal bacteria activity. That means the body floats in a weird position with the butt/pelvis going up and the least buoyant parts, that is limbs and head, hanging down. There is no way a dead body could float on itself to the cargo area without being caught by the seats/headrests.

Looking at the actual space between the headrests and the roof, I do wonder if an adolescent body might be able to float from front to back in the space between headrests and the car's roof, over time.

Wow guys, someone on Twitter pointed out The hubcap and tire are missing/damaged after watching AWP’s video. Time stamp 38:14.
Looking at the recovery pictures of the vehicle, it looks like all four tires are intact. Missing a hubcap wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, you can hit a curb, even take a corner too fast and those things fly off.

NO ANSWERS : Kiely Rodni’s cause of death may remain a mystery due to ‘complex’ autopsy after her body lay underwater for two weeks

the-sun.com/news/6215344/kiely-rodnis-cause-death-mystery-complex-autopsy

KIELY Rodni's cause of death may never be found due to her "complex" autopsy - as she was found in the back of her submerged car almost two weeks after going missing, a forensics expert told The U.S. Sun.………

Jennifer Shen, Crime Laboratory Manager for the Chula Vista Police Department, revealed the autopsy is being delayed because authorities are waiting for toxicology results. In an exclusive chat with The U.S. Sun, she said:

"This particular case is compounded by the complexity of the samples required from a body submerged in water for two weeks. "Decomposition can cause drugs and alcohol to redistribute within the body, a condition which can be exacerbated by submersion in water for a significant period of time.

“There has been no indication that type of injury is present in this case. It may be a cause of death will not be something that can be absolutely determined."

Shen, who has more than three decades of experience in the forensics field, said the police investigation would be centered on how she came to be in her car in the lake.

"Did she drive herself? Was she driven by someone else, who then escaped leaving her behind?" Jen asked. "Are there any indications of self-defense wounds, damage clearly inflicted by another party, or unreasonably high levels of drugs/alcohol that would have precluded her from driving herself into the lake?

“These are all questions requiring answers through the investigative process, answers that cannot come without the results from the toxicology laboratory."

Shen added that toxicology laboratories suffer the same fate as many government entities, in that they have large backlogs and lengthy turnaround times.

RSBM

Pretty sure the drop in depth was said to be 4 - 5’ between the party and AWP finding the car. So estimated 19 - 20’ depth on party night. The 20 - 25’ figure was the increased amount of shoreline.
The surface levels are posted on the official Bureau of Reclamation site; the gauges report in real time. . I have posted them repeatedly. The drop off between the night Kiely went missing and the day she was discovered was 3.5 feet.
The Sheriff said “about 4 feet”. That was correct just not 100% accurate.
What has been reported for the depth of the car site on day of recovery is a varying number- between 14-15 feet.

It is possible LE knew about Nick's story before they stated KR may have left the party. I hadn't connected those dots before.
Snipped and reorganized my own post from last night.

Here is a more detailed synopsis, with sources, of how dots pre-KR's recovery may be connected, in my opinion.

8/15, (PCSO Tweet), “Hoping this can lead to… where Kiely may have gone after the party.” (1)

8/13 (estimated 1 week from ‘sighting’), Nick the RA Driver said in 9/2 AWP video about a week after his 'sighting' he “saw at a coffee shop that [KR] was gone… I got in contact with the detective and tried to do everything I could...” (2)

8/10 (US Sun), “Marika Beck…best friends with Kiely’s…mother…“We have been told she may have been with one or more older boys. Around 12.30am, these guys, possibly from Reno showed up and it got kind of weird,” she said."" (3)

8/7 (KOLOTV), Marika Veck [Beck]: “We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,...”(4)

8/6
(Zav Girl Interview of Doug, AWP), Doug confirms it was Saturday, 8/6 when Nick the RA driver did a service stop at Boca Reservoir for a silver CR-V with a woman that looks like KR (5)

Sources:
(1) https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-kiely-rodni-missing-from-party-near-prosser-family-campground-in-truckee-3.633027/post-17720771

(2)

(3) https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/panic-as-teenager-vanishes-after-attending-campground-party/news-story/3ed0f93b181e3d309cbfafbe6f844a28

(4) Kiely Rodni: Reward money increases to $75,000

(5)
, ~26:00 – 32:00

Wow guys, someone on Twitter pointed out The hubcap and tire are missing/damaged after watching AWP’s video. Time stamp 38:14.
Looking at the recovery pictures of the vehicle, it looks like all four tires are intact. Missing a hubcap wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, you can hit a curb, even take a corner too fast and those things fly off.
Very intriguing. That still image from the AWP recovery video sure looks like an exposed brake rotor with the wheel (not hubcap) and tire missing. Because the car did not look to be missing a wheel / tire when extracted, me wonders if part of what LE was doing underwater to prepare KR's car for extraction was put on a temporary wheel / tire so it would roll out.

8/10 (US Sun), “Marika Beck…best friends with Kiely’s…mother…“We have been told she may have been with one or more older boys. Around 12.30am, these guys, possibly from Reno showed up and it got kind of weird,” she said."" (3)

(3) https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/panic-as-teenager-vanishes-after-attending-campground-party/news-story/3ed0f93b181e3d309cbfafbe6f844a28
SBM & BBM for focus.

Regarding this comment in OPs linked source #3... Could what we've heard was a possible "mass exodus" @ 12:30 am simply been what I've bolded below? I don't blame them. If a party I was in attendance got crashed and it got "weird"... I'd be the first to say "I'm outta here!". I don't do weird well. lol Especially if out in the woods, in the dark, and strange older guys show up. (Strange meaning unknown to them. I can't say they were strange as it weird/odd as I can't possibly know that.)

Marika told US Sun she had also heard a lot of older boys had crashed the party at nearby Prosser Family Campground.

“We have been told she may have been with one or more older boys. Around 12.30am, these guys, possibly from Reno showed up and it got kind of weird,” she said.

A lot of the younger teens chose to leave at this time. It was meant to be just teens in the woods, they party there all the time, it’s unregulated and it’s not a campground.

There are numerous videos of the car being extracted from the lake. The tires and wheels were all intact. Your screenshot shows the black trim of the wheel well and the upper interior of it. The tire/wheel is not visible but would be if the camera panned a little higher. jmo

Very intriguing. That still image from the AWP recovery video sure looks like an exposed brake rotor with the wheel (not hubcap) and tire missing. Because the car did not look to be missing a wheel / tire when extracted, me wonders if part of what LE was doing underwater to prepare KR's car for extraction was put on a temporary wheel / tire so it would roll out.

Could this have been what was in the black bag they were seen with at the edge of the water?

Interesting thought, and seems possible.

If so, is there a tire/wheel, etc out there in the lake still???

re: 8/10 (US Sun), “Marika Beck…best friends with Kiely’s…mother…“We have been told she may have been with one or more older boys. Around 12.30am, these guys, possibly from Reno showed up and it got kind of weird,” she said."" (3)

Wasn't it 8/11 when Fox had the interview with Jagger and Kate in Reno? I will go find the link again, but am almost certain they went 5 days after Kiely went missing, to look for her. Interesting timing.

Edited: it was also 8/10:

My take is it's the passenger side wheel as the diver said "Passenger window is broken out" mere seconds before the wheel the OP posted fr 38:14 comes into view. In the pic below, snipped from AWPs recovery vid at 44:14, there's a wheel on the passenger side. @RedHaus commented that LE might have changed it to prepare for extraction. That seems like a pretty difficult thing to do underwater IMO, but what do I know? I won't even change a tire on land. LOL :p

And you'd think the diver would have said "Passenger side wheel missing", because, well, a missing WHEEL is pretty big in my mind. A missing hubcap isn't a big deal to me as that stuff happens frequentlyish. (there's one resting against a tree down the street as we speak for the owner to notice), but a missing wheel?? How in the world does that happen?? Hmmmm... And if it DID happen, what in the world could that mean for this case?

1663269306389.png

Snipped and reorganized my own post from last night.

Here is a more detailed synopsis, with sources, of how dots pre-KR's recovery may be connected, in my opinion.
8/15, (PCSO Tweet), “Hoping this can lead to… where Kiely may have gone after the party.” (1)

Oh! So, Prosser County Sheriff's Office DO think Kiely may have gone somewhere after the party?!

In which case, if LE thinks that, it alters the official timeline of the car going in to the lake about 00.30hrs Saturday morning.

MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members