Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ac

No, the AWP video clearly says if your car goes in the water, roll down the windows as soon as you can and get out.
Yes, @Pizza_Lovah. I thought AWP distinguished between opening all windows vs. immediately opening just the nearest front window to exit. But now I think about it further, the old messaging was to not open any windows (and pray?).

Sorry for any confusion.

what actually happens when a car goes into water? does the engine run for awile until it shorts out or the water floods the air intake? or is that pretty quick?
I suggest you and all of us watch the AWP video a fellow sleuther posted in this thread... maybe around page 35-38? It was amazingly informative and scary about what to do if your vehicle sinks!

Anyone able to post that link again??

I just can't believe we have roads that literally lead into water, without warnings, without gates, without lights. It should not be legal.

I completely agree. I asked earlier on, we know this is a problem. We know it so well that we have independent companies that exist just to fish vehicles and people out of bodies of water. Why do we continue to have boat ramps without gates? Why can't we have gates when a road leads to water?

Yes, @Pizza_Lovah. I thought AWP distinguished between opening all windows vs. immediately opening just the nearest front window to exit. But now I think about it further, the old messaging was to not open any windows (and pray?).

Sorry for any confusion.
I have always thought about how horrifying it would be to drive into water so I purchased a little device on-line. It fits on your key chain and has a seat belt cutter and a center punch. It quickly comes off the key chain and you just press the punch against a side window and a spike releases and breaks the window. It was not very expensive and came in a 2-pack. Hope I never have to use it.

is there a link where AWP said the windows were all up?
@Truckeeite I can't find anything about the windows being all up. That must've been misinformation being spread initially and I repeated it without anything to back it up. I apologize for that.

However, I did find this article by the NY Post:

"The vehicle was found upside down and about 14 feet underwater, diver Nick Rinn, who discovered the car, told The Post. The driver’s window was broken and there was a body in the backseat."

So, according to this, it can be confirmed that the driver's side window was broken when found by Nick Rinn. I guess either upon impact into the water or landing at the bottom?

Mystery over how SUV of missing teen Kiely Rodni ended up in a reservoir

Last edited:
Understand, but these are the pictures we have from a local resident of the water level within a day or so of the accident. The other local who asked might be able to use them to judge the relative level of the water now.
I was surprised when the Sheriff’s staff said water had dropped maybe 25 vertical feet the past 2 weeks.

I completely agree. I asked earlier on, we know this is a problem. We know it so well that we have independent companies that exist just to fish vehicles and people out of bodies of water. Why do we continue to have boat ramps without gates? Why can't we have gates when a road leads to water?

@Truckeeite I can't find anything about the windows being all up. That must've been misinformation being spread initially and I repeated it without anything to back it up. I apologize for that.

However, I did find this article by the NY Post:

"The vehicle was found upside down and about 14 feet underwater, diver Nick Rinn, who discovered the car, told The Post. The driver’s window was broken and there was a body in the backseat."

So, according to this, it can be confirmed that the driver's side window was broken when found by Nick Rinn. I guess either upon impact into the water or landing at the bottom?

Mystery over how SUV of missing teen Kiely Rodni ended up in a reservoir
From your link, in the closeup photo of the car it looks like the window behind the driver's seat was also down about 2/3 of the way, which is as far down most rear windows will go.

ok I admit I'm obsessing.....I just have one more question.Lets just say Kiely figured out she was in a whole lot of trouble after hitting the water...adrenaline kicks in and you suddenly realize what is happening. How is it she doesn't call 911 ? (that's assuming of course her phone was charged and at the ready).

Are there park hours? Possibly dumb question but are they allowed in after dark? That maybe one reason why but if so LE sure doesn’t enforce it…

I hope you're right! Thought I'd read that they said the water temp there was about 70, but I could be wrong.
Average water temperature in the last couple of weeks is 73 F

1661212232079.png

I don't mean to bash LE but according to reports they spent a few thousand manhours searching for Kylie. So a person has to wonder.

what actually happens when a car goes into water? does the engine run for awile until it shorts out or the water floods the air intake? or is that pretty quick?
I drove into a deep area of water (which had flooded). The engine cut out immediately. I opened my driver's door to escape and the car started sinking very fast. Terrifying. Poor Kiely

The link I watched - it was a Twitter link via a YouTube channel (I will try to find it,) definitely showed a group of people, my first thought (& this is just me guessing) it was possibly her mother, step-father, grandfather & a few friends exit at one point and then come back a few minutes later.
I wasn’t paying attention to when they exited/re-entered but it was very noticeable.
I found the link:

Yeah, but then my question is why didn't she escape if they were all open. Even in a panic she would have gotten out because the windows were open but she didn't. So either she was already deceased or she was unconscious.
I found something interesting on the topic that might help.

should the vehicle land in deep water, if the water depth is less than 14′, the vehicle will usually come to rest on the bottom on all four wheels, assuming there are no large rocks or other debris on the bottom. However, water depths greater than 14′ usually results in the vehicle turning turtle and landing upside down on its roof. Needless to say, being upside down in a dark environment with water rushing in will totally disorient the occupants of the vehicle.

More at: Escape and Rescue from Submerged Vehicles - Lifesaving Resources

Average water temperature in the last couple of weeks is 73 F

View attachment 361146

Averages can be, well, averages. Given she was found in about a 14' depth, I wonder what the temp was at that depth for the most part, night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha