Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mud.
She prolly couldn't even see the windows she'd opened.
If she was opening the windows as the car was sinking she could at least feel around. If she was cognizant of opening them then she would check IMO.

There is more specific information about the water temperatures at the link. One week after she went into the water, the temp in that location was roughly 65 F.

View attachment 361156
Thanks. Not super cold, but at least not 80. Hoping for the best with autopsy results!

FWIW, someone else pointed out previously that you can very clearly see pieces of glass like the driver side window had been broken. If you zoom in on the photo of the vehicle coming out of the lake, you can see the jagged glass. Not sure about other windows, though.

I think there also appears to be some damage to the windshield and the hood, near the very front of her CRV, but that may be the angle and I do not know enough about retrieval to comment on what may have contributed to what I think I could be seeing.

I also think she could have clipped some stuff on the way out of the party, and/or some other point in the evening. Also may explain the damage to mirror, etc.

There is more specific information about the water temperatures at the link. One week after she went into the water, the temp in that location was roughly 65 F.

View attachment 361156
That's another factor if the temperature was below 70 degrees. USA Triathlon rules allow a wetsuit for temps 78 degrees and below. I participated in a mile swim race where the temp 70 degrees and that felt cold when I first got in and I was expecting it. She got hit with it suddenly.

Hondas roll down even when submerged..also the driver window button doesn't have to be held for window to go all the way down..if you hit your driver window button it will open the window entirely
Is there a link to show us when submerged Honda's windows will roll down? Is this recent models only or 2013 included? Will it be all windows or just one window? Because knowing this would clear a lot up. If they all roll down wouldn't the water rush in for the submerging vehicle's occupants this may cause further problems. So it may be a problem that would harm instead of help.

RS&BBM
... I suspect a question LE will want to solve is why was the driver's window broken when AWP discovered KR's car?

Possible Explanations Window Broke:

1. Impact w/water (accident)
2. Impact w/bottom (accident)
3. Car rolled before entry (accident)
4. KR used a window-brake tool (accident)
5. Someone at the party smashed window to gain access to car to try and rouse KR in backseat (?)

I'll stop there. All IMO.

Source:
IMO it looks like there is damage to the front roof, right above the windshield and the windshield itself looks damaged.

View attachment 361156
Excuse my laziness. Is that data from a surface buoy?

Is there some question about whether she went off the boat ramp to get to the location where the car was found? I think the boat ramp is unrelated to this car going into the water.

View attachment 361159

It would be interesting to know if others were hanging out down by the water at any point.

And looking at the map, it really does seem possible to me that she could have called Sami from the water's edge.

IMO it looks like there is damage to the front roof, right above the windshield and the windshield itself looks damaged.
Also the area above where a license plate would typically be, and near where you would open the hood. But it is difficult to know what is typical when a car "turtles"? Also, could any boats etc have damaged the CRV?

Averages can be, well, averages. Given she was found in about a 14' depth, I wonder what the temp was at that depth for the most part, night and day.
I was trying to see if they are saying "surface water" or mid range or what but they do not specify and some of their "data points" are estimates but they do not say how they arrive at those.

Last edited:
Is there a link to show us when submerged Honda's windows will roll down? Is this recent models only or 2013 included? Will it be all windows or just one window? Because knowing this would clear a lot up. If they all roll down wouldn't the water rush in for the submerging vehicle's occupants this may cause further problems. So it may be a problem that would harm instead of help.
The wondows do not automatically roll down when submerged, but the switches are built to continue to work after being submerged they dont short out when the car enters the water ...it is talked about on many car forums... here is one link where a honda representative doscusses it. Honda, Acura Windows Opening Automatically When Submerged?

That seems warm to me. I know it was dark, and she was intoxicated, but you would think she could get out of the rolled down windows in that warm water. Literally 14-20 feet, that is the deep end of some pools. I just can't wrap my head around this. Why would a responsible 16 year old try to drive in this condition?
if you think about it, she is only 16, so how much experience has she had with driving or with alcohol? maybe because she is way out there, she has driven vehicles on private property or plowed or used an ATV, but at 16, a person just has not lived that long, IMO.

Last edited:
According to Honda, it's not automatic, but they will still work. This is a very old article, but the technology was already around for 10 years before it was written.

“There is no automatic function to lower the windows when a car is submerged,” he wrote. “But the Honda window switch spec for many years has required that our power window switches will operate to open the window even when the car is submerged. Thus, someone could still open the window as normal” if that someone was still in the car, and conscious, after it had become submerged."

Windows Do Not Automatically Lower Under Water, Honda Says

I believe once a car is fully submerged and the water pressure evens out, you should be able to exit the window at that point. It would be impossible to get out with water rushing in. If you could get all the windows down at once, it would sink faster BUT maybe give you a better chance of escape because the pressure would even out sooner.

IMO

Last edited:
Yes, as I look closely the drivers side window does look broken. Clearly broken glass in the corner, and the DRIVER'S SIDE MIRROR is broken, windshield looks damaged, drivers door dent, and over front wheel there is damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC