GUILTY CA - Killer targeting the homeless (3 dead, 2 hurt), San Diego, July 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The 4 p.m. news reported the store clerk helped in the making of this sketch because the one surviving victim, due to his critical condition, is not able to provide LE with much info at this time.

It's a rather simplistic sketch. I wish they showed the shape of the eyebrows more. Chin looks quite long in sketch. I don't know, I'm not great at this. Does the sketch look like the video person? :help:

Main things the news pointed out to look for:
- high cheek bones
- the sunken cheeks
- the large ears

New Composite Sketch Released in Homeless Killings
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Released-in-Homeless-Killings--386846221.html

While I'm sure it's not, these still photos remind me of Clay Aiken with dark hair (think that's how you spell his name).. The guy from American Idol awhile back.

Hopefully the pyro/killer is down and won't do this again.

Wow.
Just checking back in and this isn't what I expected.

However, I must say that I just could not get the photos of AP on his facebook account and in the media to match up with the enhanced store images of the poi's features.
The ears, how the chin connects to the neck in profile, etc.
I blamed it on whoever worked on the photos making some rather poor guesses about adjoining pixels etc, from the video capture.

Also, as has been pointed out early in the thread, the person in the store moved and otherwise appeared to be someone closer to 20 or 30 than 50.

San Diego Police have been looking for new evidence in the case now that a man arrested last week has been released from custody. Homicide investigators said they had found evidence that led them to determine the man was not a suspect in the crime spree.
Homicide investigators want to question a man spotted on store surveillance video near the Morena Boulevard scene. The man purchased a gas can, a gallon of gasoline and a lighter about 15 minutes before De Nardo's body was discovered.

I'm guessing AP had a solid alibi and also wasn't ID'd by the store clerk. Very lucky for him if he` was able to prove he couldn't have been in the area since this could have ended with him in jail more than likely convicted based on his previous conviction.

forgot to add:

If I were the killer I probably would have made sure I controlled my impulses for a while (and/or moved/changed my MO/chose different victim types) so that AP would take the fall.

I hope that homeless outreach groups in the area are given the resources (time, money, and people) to canvas the area daily and make sure vulnerable people are accounted for and help anyone without a "buddy system" or similar find ways to stay safer until this person is caught. I worry that some victims may be missing and uncounted.

Captain David Nisleit went on camera again saying this is a very dangerous, unpredictable individual. I'll try to post the news video later. He saying a man in his 40's or even early 50's. That surprises me as I'd guess younger.

The huge Gay Pride Parade is this weekend. Comic-Con starts next week.
I can see why they want to find this suspect, as he's a killer, and they don't know if he'll start targeting beyond the homeless population. Besides, it's fire season and he's part arsonist. He's out there someplace. Where?

forgot to add:

If I were the killer I probably would have made sure I controlled my impulses for a while (and/or moved/changed my MO/chose different victim types) so that AP would take the fall.

I hope that homeless outreach groups in the area are given the resources (time, money, and people) to canvas the area daily and make sure vulnerable people are accounted for and help anyone without a "buddy system" or similar find ways to stay safer until this person is caught. I worry that some victims may be missing and uncounted.
Fox 5 (I think) did a story this morning about a homeless person who was set on fire in Yuma, Az.; they are "looking for a serial killer" there. I only heard bits of the story, though - I'll go see what I can find about it. BRB

Here's a link to the story: http://kyma.com/homeless-man-lit-on-fire-in-yuma/

The victim says he saw three Hispanic men when he woke up...so it probably isn't our guy. Pretty strange, though.

Let me change the subject for one minute and go OT.

This may interest you, if you live in San Diego and want to help catch another criminal.

$20K reward leading to arrest of San Diego 'Hipster Bandit'
http://www.kusi.com/story/32405625/20k-reward-leading-to-arrest-of-san-diego-hipster-bandit

:seeya:..................................................:eek:fftobed:

They caught the 'Hipster Bandit'! Someone gave a tip and should get the $20K reward. There's only a $1,000 reward on the 'Homeless Killer'.

‘Hipster Bandit’ bank robbery suspect arrested
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/07/14/hipster-bandit-bank-robbery-suspect-arrested/

I just want to say two things.
(1) The nose on the sketch looks different than what I imagine from the video.
(2) The 'Hipster Bandit' has the ears of the 'Homeless Killer'.

If I (me, my opinion/thoughts only) went by circumstances, at least what little we know about the previously arrested suspect, I'd say he's still POI/suspect #1...'Cuz to be honest, I really don't want to think there is more than one person going around lighting people on fire.

In saying that, after looking at the sketch, the SM pages, news footage, and store cam footage - I can't see the connection to the known firebug.

I wonder if there has been a rise in home/structure fires there or surrounding areas?

I am still at a loss as to why ANYONE would want to set fire to a living being! I am so naive...I hope this is not a "thing" or becoming a "thing". *shudder*:hills:

9:00 am:
KUSI is reporting police have detained a man for questioning in the latest attack (this morning!); they showed video of the suspect - in handcuffs - who is wearing a green "painter's cap", backwards. Sure looks like the right hat! Police say they suspect this man is connected to the July 3 attack. He (IMO) resembles both the new sketch and the guy in the gas station video!

Crossing my fingers (and toes!) that LE has the right guy!

He certainly does look like the guy.

attachment.php

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jul/15/homeless-attack-series-arrest/

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 124
He's even wearing black gloves when arrested (in addition to the green painters cap).

And the large lugs tucked underneath (but bursting forth from) the cap. I reckon this is him.

Oh, thank goodness.
I'm so glad that this time LE quickly realized they had the wrong man rather than getting tunnel vision and continued to work hard at apprehending the right person. I'm sad more people were injured in the meantime but it could have been a lot worse if they'd dragged their heels on clearing PA.

edited to add: the hat he's wearing is the same color I believed the hat caught on video was. As I explained, the video appeared to be over-saturated, especially the yellows. I'm surprised he kept wearing the same uniform to carry out these acts rather than changing over to a hoodie or some other type of cap. I guess psychologically this is how he prepared himself for his "missions" ugh. I wonder if he has a military background?

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 2.24.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 2.24.16 PM.png

Sure looks like they got the right guy this time.

edited to add- it looks like he may have gotten a buzz cut since the video was released.

What a big relief. They got him. He looks just like that simplistic sketch, but not as much like what I imagined from the video. Using a bicycle. Kept attacking and now he's caught.

Brazen or stupid, he was still wearing the green hat!

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jul/15/homeless-attack-series-arrest/

Authorities said they will hold a news conference in the afternoon to give further details on the arrest and latest attack.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/07/15/new-attacks-on-homeless-sleeping-alone-by-man-on-bicycle/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knotty70
Back