Found Deceased CA - Kolby Story, 32, last seen Venice Beach, car found in Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, 7 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This friend’s story makes no sense at all. He supposedly was texting her until 2 am while she was at the beach, but he starts calling her at 2 am when she’s heading home and he’s following her, and she doesn’t answer. He calls through the night and she doesn’t answer, after he supposedly waited for her. Weird, just weird. This friend is sketchy. Problem is, LE can’t do anything about him even if they are pretty sure he did something to her, without evidence. IMO

I agree. This friends story doesn't make sense.

This friend’s story makes no sense at all. He supposedly was texting her until 2 am while she was at the beach, but he starts calling her at 2 am when she’s heading home and he’s following her, and she doesn’t answer. He calls through the night and she doesn’t answer, after he supposedly waited for her. Weird, just weird. This friend is sketchy. Problem is, LE can’t do anything about him even if they are pretty sure he did something to her, without evidence. IMO

I agree. This friends story doesn't make sense.
Do we KNOW that she was driving her car at that point?

JMO

I'm not sure. I believe that's the current assumption.. although I agree, maybe she wasn't driving her vehicle when it was parked there.

ADMIN NOTE:

Some inappropriate posts were removed earlier today, but unfortunately not before someone took a screenshot and posted it on Facebook.

One of our rules at Websleuths is we do not allow members to accuse just anyone of a crime and, unless law enforcement specifically names a person as a POI or suspect, we do not accuse anyone of a crime who may be peripherally connected to a case.

At this time, none of us knows what happened to Kolby. Nobody has been named as a POI/suspect by LE in Kolby's disappearance. It is fine to discuss and respectfully question or comment on what has been said by LE or in MSM (including the Dateline segment), but do not make insinuations or accusations against anyone who has not been officially named by LE.

You own your words, you are responsible for your words.

With the above in mind, please post responsibly and make it very clear when it is your opinion by including JMO, IMO, MOO, etc.

Thank you.

LAPD seeking public’s help to find woman who went missing in early December after leaving Venice Beach

“It would make sense that she got a flat and then called someone to come get her,” Josh said. “But there were no outgoing calls on her phone records - so who came to get her? And that’s where it ends. We have nothing after that. And it’s alarming. We’re just very worried about her.”

________

The scenario in which her car is disabled and she doesn't use her phone to call for assistance makes sense to me if she got a flat tire and someone familiar just so happened to be there to rescue her.

If this familiar person were stalking her throughout the night and had less than admirable intentions, it's not out of the realm of possibility to wonder if this knight in shining armor may have created this string of events by letting the air out of the tire prior to KS driving home, then following her to 'rescue' her before she could even get a call out to a friend or cab for a ride home.

So, who was the last person to see her? Did she know them well? More of an acquaintance?

What was her relation to the friend who sat in his vehicle watching her on the beach until 2am? Ex boyfriend? Old flame? Could it have been someone who was interested in dating her in the past but still kept in contact? Could he be hoping he'll still get his chance one day, so will jump at any opportunity to help the damsel in distress, like helping her find her keys on a beach!?

MOO.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been said, but he sat watching her, then let her drive off, then called her repeatedly between 2am when he saw her off to 8:45 in the morning? Maybe as a "worried friend" but she's a grown woman, she likely just fell asleep when she got home (I realize this isn't true, but I'm trying to put myself in an innocent friends shoes)

Let's say he was worried about her not answering. He theoretically didn't try to find her until the 9th either? No more calls? No calls to the police, or friends, family, boyfriend etc? Why was she missed for 3 days before anyone reported her missing?

For someone so worried about her, he didn't report her missing after she went off into the night and didn't answer his calls. MOO

According to google Ralph's stores in Marina Del Rey close at 2am. I wonder where she went for help then or why her car ended up there.

Still doesn't make sense to me.. looking at a map. Why would she have turned right on Pacific from Rose? Rose would take her straight toward Mar Vista.

Well, Venice Blvd is better lit and maybe faster in terms of stoplights. I know I probably would have taken the more traveled Venice Blvd, myself.

LAPD seeking public’s help to find woman who went missing in early December after leaving Venice Beach

“It would make sense that she got a flat and then called someone to come get her,” Josh said. “But there were no outgoing calls on her phone records - so who came to get her? And that’s where it ends. We have nothing after that. And it’s alarming. We’re just very worried about her.”

________

The scenario in which her car is disabled and she doesn't use her phone to call for assistance makes sense to me if she got a flat tire and someone familiar just so happened to be there to rescue her.

If this familiar person were stalking her throughout the night and had less than admirable intentions, it's not out of the realm of possibility to wonder if this knight in shining armor may have created this string of events by letting the air out of the tire prior to KS driving home, then following her to 'rescue' her before she could even get a call out to a friend or cab for a ride home.

So, who was the last person to see her? Did she know them well? More of an acquaintance?

What was her relation to the friend who sat in his vehicle watching her on the beach until 2am? Ex boyfriend? Old flame? Could it have been someone who was interested in dating her in the past but still kept in contact? Could he be hoping he'll still get his chance one day, so will jump at any opportunity to help the damsel in distress, like helping her find her keys on a beach!?

MOO.

RBBM - Maybe she received a incoming call, would they show up? Maybe from a communication app etc?

I'm sure it's been said, but he sat watching her, then let her drive off, then called her repeatedly between 2am when he saw her off to 8:45 in the morning? Maybe as a "worried friend" but she's a grown woman, she likely just fell asleep when she got home (I realize this isn't true, but I'm trying to put myself in an innocent friends shoes)

Let's say he was worried about her not answering. He theoretically didn't try to find her until the 9th either? No more calls? No calls to the police, or friends, family, boyfriend etc? Why was she missed for 3 days before anyone reported her missing?

For someone so worried about her, he didn't report her missing after she went off into the night and didn't answer his calls. MOO

I agree that this is very peculiar. He says he hung around for hours, followed her (apparently briefly) until she turned north to go home and then called her a bunch of times. The ostensible reason was to see if she was safe - but he doesn't alert police or anyone else upon not hearing from her.

Who is this guy? I have been thinking he's the guy she called to help with the keys (not the other party who offered help, who I'm guessing is a passer by who has offered info to LE).

So. Did he do something to Kolby and then drive her car a short distance (about 2 miles) then jog back to his own car and take off?

Did someone else commandeer Kolby's car at an intersection? Hard to envision a common carjacker taking the time to harm and hide someone - and that has to be one of the world's shortest joy rides. Carjacking makes no sense to me.

Another type of abduction? Right now, the guy who was the last person to see her is top of my list.

Could it be she got the flat tire and took off on own free will (maybe paranoid to call for a fix or tow because of her state)? Pure speculation all theory. Maybe this person following her pulled over to give her a ride after her flat???

If so, where is she now?

i, too, have serious concerns with this story of hanging around for hours watching her but then leaving her. I mean, if you are that concerned for her safety would you not follow her alllll the way home? You already waited hours. Seems fishy. Moo

Trying to imagine an alternative scenario or possible chain of events is difficult when the original narrative is so sketchy. The skate park at 10PM - 2 AM is not safe. If someone was so concerned for her safety why didn't they walk out there with her? Sitting in a car and waiting is concerning, if not creepy. Unfortunately the PD is looking for factual leads. LAPD is under hard times right due Covid, the Police and major budget deficit. The area the vehicle was found was in LACO Sherriff area and Venice is LAPD. Video from CCTV cameras would be nice, but my experience has been they are not always working or pointed in the right direction. The brother supposedly has hired a PI. The PI shaking the right trees and talking to the night time locals at the skate park might bring the truth to light or at least exonerate other possibilities.

Trying to imagine an alternative scenario or possible chain of events is difficult when the original narrative is so sketchy. The skate park at 10PM - 2 AM is not safe. If someone was so concerned for her safety why didn't they walk out there with her? Sitting in a car and waiting is concerning, if not creepy. Unfortunately the PD is looking for factual leads. LAPD is under hard times right due Covid, ****** the Police and major budget deficit. The area the vehicle was found was in LACO Sherriff area and Venice is LAPD. Video from CCTV cameras would be nice, but my experience has been they are not always working or pointed in the right direction. The brother supposedly has hired a PI. The PI shaking the right trees and talking to the night time locals at the skate park might bring the truth to light or at least exonerate other possibilities.
They certainly are sketchy circumstances. One thing that has crossed my mind is, what if the “friend” waiting all that time making sure she is “safe” was actually an unwanted acquaintance imposing himself on her, more like a stalker?? Maybe him being there is what kept her at the beach longer than she wanted to be.
Just MOO.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Members who join with a view to inciting conflict are banned.

Members who are not Verified Insiders at WS must provide links to MSM, LE, or other approved sources in order to state information as fact or claim special knowledge about a case.

No individual has been identified as Kolby's "friend". Members are free to speculate and express their opinion on an unidentified "friend" ... whoever that unnamed "friend" may be.

Posts that are not victim friendly get removed.

I am really confused as to how the family didn't notice she was missing. Why did the roommate not call the family within, say, 1-2 days?

Seems like the friend she was with that night (the one who came to help?) didn't get in touch with the family right away, after not being able to talk to Kolby. She makes 4 phone calls to Kolby over a few hours and then doesn't call the family or Kolby's phone again? Weird.

I agree that the timeline is very confusing. It's odd she left her apartment at 9:30 to go to Mar Vista (which, IMO, is not considered quite as seedy at night as nearby Venice).

It seems the family wasn't notified until after the towing and it's implied the police pulled info on the car, then found her home address, contacted family (no way of knowing that for sure). Usually, a store notices an abandoned car after 1 overnight, sometimes 2. So it was probably towed 12-48 hours after it landed at the parking lot. Then it would be a anywhere from a week or longer for LE to process the car.

Sounds like the friend was very concerned and was up almost all night, perhaps worried about Kolby.

Why would the friend/roommate just leave her there without her keys? Why not bring her home, and say we will go back during daylight and look for your keys? Am I misunderstanding something? JMO. Thanks, Katt

Why would the friend/roommate just leave her there without her keys? Why not bring her home, and say we will go back during daylight and look for your keys? Am I misunderstanding something? JMO. Thanks, Katt

They found her keys. She didn't call the roommate (or her brother, apparently). It's not clear how the two people who helped her find her keys got involved, but I believe that the one person was called, the other just happened to be there.

Keys were found. She stayed on at the beach, then (according to the person she called) she went on toward home (but her car ended up in a strip mall parking lot, with a flat tire - she was no where to be seen).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back